Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843463 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2022
Hello guys,

Please I need help regarding the refusal letter below. I am the sponsor, I live and work in the UK . I am trying to sponsor my guardian whom I call my adopted mother because I have lived with her since I wan three years old. I attached pictures of us together when I was young like 7 years and other pictures with her. The visa has been refused Based on her finances as she submitted a statement of 100k and I had submitted my one statement of over £10k pounds. Would it be helpful if I transfer like 1.2m to her as part of her travel expenses??

For her finance we stated she was employed and gets money from children and we used her 6 month statement to arrive at the annual statement and explained in the application

See refusal letter below:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 and V4.3 of Appendix V because:
You state you intend to travel to the UK for 10 days to visit your adoptive son.
You state you are unemployed, and you receive a regular income of 2m NGN (3,772.44 GBP).

In support of this you have provided a bank statement from Bank LTD, between the dates 01 and the 11/2022. However, the bank statement does not reflect what you have stated on your application. For example, there have also been other large amounts of deposits from unknown sources. For example, on the 08/2022, a sum of 200,000 NGN (368.762 GBP) was deposited into this account. The documents and information provided with your visa application does not portray the source of these funds. In view of this I am not satisfied that these funds are available for your use and that your financial circumstances are as claimed. This further undermines the credibility of your application and the intention of your proposed trip to the UK.
You also state that you receive 2m annually. However, the information provided does not demonstrate how you are in receipt of these stated funds, which leads me to doubt the credibility of the statement made in your application form and your intentions for visiting the UK at this time.
You also state your sponsor will be sponsoring your trip. However, from the additional information provided, you have not demonstrated the relationship between you and your sponsor for me to be satisfied of the relationship. The information provided does not demonstrate the relationship with your sponsor, other than a letter, there is no connection, contact or communication. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have a genuine professional or personal relationship

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2022
Is there anyone going to university of bolton?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
Guys this is what I got from my email this afternoon

Your application for a UK visa (vignette) has been successful. This letter is not a permission to
travel to the UK.
Before you can travel to the UK, you will need to collect your visa. Please do not attempt to
travel to the UK until you have collected your visa.
We will contact you when your visa is ready to collect from the visa application centre
where you submitted your application.
Please do not visit the visa application centre until you are contacted.
This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known
as Leave to Enter) as DEPENDANT PARTNER from 20 Dec 2022 to 01 Jan 2028.
What this means for you
When you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to
the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date. If you do not
arrive to the UK within this 90 day period you will need to apply for a visa transfer, the fee for which
can be found at www.gov.uk/visa-fees.
What you must do after arrival in the UK
After you arrive in the UK you should collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This is the
evidence of your permission to stay in the UK and you will need to use it to prove your right to
work, rent a home and to access public funds and to travel from the UK. You must collect your
BRP from the collection point below before your visa expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK,
whichever is the later.
If you are required to quarantine in line with UK government guidance, please do not visit your
collection point until after your quarantine period has expired. If this takes you beyond your
vignette expiry date, your BRP will be held at your collection point for 90 days from the start date
on your vignette and will be available for collection once you are able to collect.
We recommend that you follow the COVID-19 immigration and BRP advice on GOV.UK:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-andtemporary-uk-residents
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2022
Oluwa don run am for you. Big congrats

Seunara101:
Guys this is what I got from my email this afternoon

Your application for a UK visa (vignette) has been successful. This letter is not a permission to
travel to the UK.
Before you can travel to the UK, you will need to collect your visa. Please do not attempt to
travel to the UK until you have collected your visa.
We will contact you when your visa is ready to collect from the visa application centre
where you submitted your application.
Please do not visit the visa application centre until you are contacted.
This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known
as Leave to Enter) as DEPENDANT PARTNER from 20 Dec 2022 to 01 Jan 2028.
What this means for you
When you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to
the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date. If you do not
arrive to the UK within this 90 day period you will need to apply for a visa transfer, the fee for which
can be found at www.gov.uk/visa-fees.
What you must do after arrival in the UK
After you arrive in the UK you should collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This is the
evidence of your permission to stay in the UK and you will need to use it to prove your right to
work, rent a home and to access public funds and to travel from the UK. You must collect your
BRP from the collection point below before your visa expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK,
whichever is the later.
If you are required to quarantine in line with UK government guidance, please do not visit your
collection point until after your quarantine period has expired. If this takes you beyond your
vignette expiry date, your BRP will be held at your collection point for 90 days from the start date
on your vignette and will be available for collection once you are able to collect.
We recommend that you follow the COVID-19 immigration and BRP advice on GOV.UK:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-andtemporary-uk-residents
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by misterkelly: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2022
Please I need to know how to pay for health surcharge and the visa fee. Can I use GTBANK dollar card? Or how do I go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2022
Visa alert!!!
Biometrics - 16th November
Collection mail - 8th December

6 months visit visa granted

Funny thing is I was almost discouraged from applying because some things did not feel right
- My mum's statement of account was not organized at all. Even when I applied, I did not add a cover letter to explain the transactions
- Her business was not registered
- We had only family pictures as ties with Nigeria, nothing else

I went ahead to apply because I really need my mum here and I can't wait for another 6 months to build an account for application. God just decided to show me mercy.
Sometimes it depends on the ECO that vets your application. Just pray you don't enter the hands of some very strict ECOs

Ps: Don't be like me o. Do your due diligence before application. What worked for A may not work for B

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gistbite(f): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
Stenvee:
Visa alert!!!
Biometrics - 16th November
Collection mail - 8th December

6 months visit visa granted

Funny thing is I was almost discouraged from applying because some things did not feel right
- My mum's statement of account was not organized at all. Even when I applied, I did not add a cover letter to explain the transactions
- Her business was not registered
- We had only family pictures as ties with Nigeria, nothing else

I went ahead to apply because I really need my mum here and I can't wait for another 6 months to build an account for application. God just decided to show me mercy.
Sometimes it depends on the ECO that vets your application. Just pray you don't enter the hands of some very strict ECOs

Ps: Don't be like me o. Do your due diligence before application. What worked for A may not work for B
What documents did you submit please. I want to invite my mom next year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2022
Any one please

adecoal:
Hello guys,

Please I need help regarding the refusal letter below. I am the sponsor, I live and work in the UK . I am trying to sponsor my guardian whom I call my adopted mother because I have lived with her since I wan three years old. I attached pictures of us together when I was young like 7 years and other pictures with her. The visa has been refused Based on her finances as she submitted a statement of 100k and I had submitted my one statement of over £10k pounds. Would it be helpful if I transfer like 1.2m to her as part of her travel expenses??

For her finance we stated she was employed and gets money from children and we used her 6 month statement to arrive at the annual statement and explained in the application

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 and V4.3 of Appendix V because:
You state you intend to travel to the UK for 10 days to visit your adoptive son.
You state you are unemployed, and you receive a regular income of 2m NGN (3,772.44 GBP).

In support of this you have provided a bank statement from Bank LTD, between the dates 01 and the 11/2022. However, the bank statement does not reflect what you have stated on your application. For example, there have also been other large amounts of deposits from unknown sources. For example, on the 08/2022, a sum of 200,000 NGN (368.762 GBP) was deposited into this account. The documents and information provided with your visa application does not portray the source of these funds. In view of this I am not satisfied that these funds are available for your use and that your financial circumstances are as claimed. This further undermines the credibility of your application and the intention of your proposed trip to the UK.
You also state that you receive 2m annually. However, the information provided does not demonstrate how you are in receipt of these stated funds, which leads me to doubt the credibility of the statement made in your application form and your intentions for visiting the UK at this time.
You also state your sponsor will be sponsoring your trip. However, from the additional information provided, you have not demonstrated the relationship between you and your sponsor for me to be satisfied of the relationship. The information provided does not demonstrate the relationship with your sponsor, other than a letter, there is no connection, contact or communication. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have a genuine professional or personal relationship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
adecoal:
Hello guys,

you said you are unemployed, that has already undermine your application if you are still within the working age range. If you ain't employed, it's either you are self-employed or receiving income from Family. Abi what generates you 2M yearly? There should also be receipt or document to justify the sources with explanation. And if someone is sponsoring you, you should also demonstrate your closeness, with recent chats and conversations, old and recent pictures.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2022
The application is for my mum and I am her sponsor. She’s 55 hence she has stopped working.
The 200k that they are talking about was money someone sent to her to give another person and the debit was made the next day.. the remaining high amounts in her account her money sent to her from me for her upkeep.
Maybe I have to explain in a separate letter each transaction above 50k.
I explained In the application that her yearly income is generated via upkeep given to her by her children. And I have used the 6 month bank statement to arrive at the annual income of 2m
I also attached old and new pictures of us.

Also do I need to transfer money to her cos I didn’t do this as I used my Uk Bank balance for her sponsorship.

dirolad:
you said you are unemployed, that has already undermine your application if you are still within the working age range. If you ain't employed, it's either you are self-employed or receiving income from Family. Abi what generates you 2M yearly? There should also be receipt or document to justify the sources with explanation. And if someone is sponsoring you, you should also demonstrate your closeness, with recent chats and conversations, old and recent pictures.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2022
adecoal:
The application is for my mum and I am her sponsor. She’s 55 hence she has stopped working.
The 200k that they are talking about was money someone sent to her to give another person and the debit was made the next day.. the remaining high amounts in her account her money sent to her from me for her upkeep.
Maybe I have to explain in a separate letter each transaction above 50k.
I explained In the application that her yearly income is generated via upkeep given to her by her children. And I have used the 6 month bank statement to arrive at the annual income of 2m
I also attached old and new pictures of us. Also do I need to transfer money to her cos I didn’t do this as I used my Uk Bank balance for her sponsorship.
pls show proof of adoption as well.. ECO strongly stated this lack of relationship proof as one of reasons for denial. If adopted certainly there will be documentation to show. Eco no proof of connection, contact etc.. work on these. Also if she is not working, prove how and why she must come back to Nigeria.. u didn’t do that.. what is tieing her to Nigeria? It’s not about monthly credits by you.. home ties are essential
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2022
Thanks a lot I’ll work on these.. is it essential I transfer money to her say like 1m and call it her flight expenses so they know the money is readily available to her.?

giselle237:
pls show proof of adoption as well.. ECO strongly stated this lack of relationship proof as one of reasons for denial. If adopted certainly there will be documentation to show. Eco no proof of connection, contact etc.. work on these. Also if she is not working, prove how and why she must come back to Nigeria.. u didn’t do that.. what is tieing her to Nigeria? It’s not about monthly credits by you.. home ties are essential
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2022
Is there anyone given offer from university of Bolton?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2022
Ho long does it take to be issued CAS after deposit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lexycool01(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2022
Pls house,
How many days does priority visa for study takes and which visa center is faster between Lagos and Abuja to process visa.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damselhoney(f): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2022
Please i have two questions
1.For self employed.. "how much do you earn annually from this job in a year"..
Does it mean the profit the business makes or the salary you pay to your personal account?

2. For someone travelling with their spouse and claiming sponsorship on hotel bills. Apart from the hotel reservation in the spouse name, is account statement of the spouse needed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2022
gistbite:

What documents did you submit please. I want to invite my mom next year

As the sponsor, I submitted my 6 months payslips and bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bill, my birth certificate to prove she is my mum, invitation letter, consent letter from my dad, mum's 6 months account statement, family pictures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2022
lexycool01:
Pls house,
How many days does priority visa for study takes and which visa center is faster between Lagos and Abuja to process visa.
Thanks
Priority visa service response time is detailed for 5 days, whether study or visit.
As regards which center is fast, that has to do with your location.
No need stress yourself, since you are doing priority or planning, Use any of the centers.
Goodluck to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2022
Not long, follow up with mails since payment has been confirmed.
tyllapia:
Ho long does it take to be issued CAS after deposit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2022
You can get this information on the UK study section.
tyllapia:
Is there anyone given offer from university of Bolton?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Puffy84: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2022
Agbekehorla:

This is exactly my situation now as a single parent pls how do I show evidence they are 15 and 17 years same gender. Thank you in advance for your reply

You need to get a court evidence that has given you the sole custody of the children
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hello guys,

Can anyone please help me with sample consent letter from my dad and cover letter I can add to my Mum’s application. Been going through the thread and can’t find it.. ��

my email address is adecoal95@gmail.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damselhoney(f): 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
Please i have two questions
1.For self employed.. "how much do you earn annually from this job in a year"..
Does it mean the profit the business makes or the salary you pay to your personal account?

2. For someone travelling with their spouse and claiming sponsorship on hotel bills. Apart from the hotel reservation in the spouse name, is account statement of the spouse needed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hello guys hw una dey naa...
I miss u guys ooo
AdvanceDNA, Hunee n Mrmoney where una dey naa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jocabasa:
I miss u guys ooo

U don land??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
advanceDNA:

U don land??

Yes ooo... Cold wan kill me ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jocabasa:

Yes ooo... Cold wan kill me ooo

U go dey alright....

If na Scotland.... u go don dey cry ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
advanceDNA:

U go dey alright....

If na Scotland.... u go don dey cry ooo

Really.... Nawa ooo

Pls a friend of mine was given a visa because of d joy n much excitement she didn't open to check d visa before living TLS....

I Was shocked wen she told me dere's a mistake on her visa, d date givin on her visa has expired....

It's almost 2weeks nw bt she jst realized it, Pls wat wil she do nw to get d passport corrected?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jocabasa:

Really.... Nawa ooo

Pls a friend of mine was given a visa because of d joy n much excitement she didn't open to check d visa before living TLS....

I Was shocked wen she told me dere's a mistake on her visa, d date givin on her visa has expired....

It's almost 2weeks nw bt she jst realized it, Pls wat wil she do nw to get d passport corrected?
paid mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Larryb008: 12:03am On Dec 12, 2022
I was refused Uk visa Jan 2012 under 320(7a) can i apply this year December 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2022
Hi Everyone @justwise and all. I need some help.

My wife and I are making plans to bring her mother to assist us with the Kids in the UK 2023.

Our situation: My wife works in Healthcare and she has just received her Tier 2 sponsorship visa and I'm the dependant so next year I want to be flexible with my staying in the UK as I need to focus on our business back home ( I have just graduated).

So I'd like to ask how to bring my mother in law in by next year but she has no salary job and has always lives within what we the kids sent her.

We have a company in Nigeria which is financially buyoant to sponsor her down but I need a clarity from the Gurus in the house.

Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:
I miss u guys ooo
AdvanceDNA, Hunee n Mrmoney where una dey naa
Hahaha. See Joca don reach Yukay grin
Eku otutu.

How that side na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.