Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844461 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:24am On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Really.... Nawa ooo

Pls a friend of mine was given a visa because of d joy n much excitement she didn't open to check d visa before living TLS....

I Was shocked wen she told me dere's a mistake on her visa, d date givin on her visa has expired....

It's almost 2weeks nw bt she jst realized it, Pls wat wil she do nw to get d passport corrected?
Paid mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2022
hunee:

Hahaha. See Joca don reach Yukay grin
Eku otutu.

How that side na?

Yea Hunee.... Hw u dey naaa
D otutu na die but E dey sweet ooo

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:22am On Dec 12, 2022
hunee:

Paid mail

Okay.... N Thanks @ Hunee n AdvanceDNA

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Really.... Nawa ooo

Pls a friend of mine was given a visa because of d joy n much excitement she didn't open to check d visa before living TLS....

I Was shocked wen she told me dere's a mistake on her visa, d date givin on her visa has expired....

It's almost 2weeks nw bt she jst realized it, Pls wat wil she do nw to get d passport corrected?

1. You will need to contact UKVI contact to report the error.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

2. Write them through this email address also.

EntryClearance.Errors @fco.gov.uk

My friend used that email when he had a similar problem. He applied for 5-year visa, but his passport came with a 2-year one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
I got my uk visa this morning,

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Elderss: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Visa Alert!

Applicants: Parents-in-law
Submission: 10th November (Standard)
Biometrics: 17th Novermber (Self-service, Ikeja)
TLS Pick-up email (FIL): 8th December
TLS Pick-up email (MIL): 9th December

Passports with Visa collected: 11th December

Applied for both of them from the UK

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Very swift!! Congrats

Elderss:
Visa Alert!

Applicants: Parents-in-law
Submission: 10th November (Standard)
Biometrics: 17th Novermber (Self-service, Ikeja)
TLS Pick-up email (FIL): 8th December
TLS Pick-up email (MIL): 9th December

Passports with Visa collected: 11th December

Applied for both of them from the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2022
Seunara101:
I got my uk visa this morning,

Big congrats!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TesiB: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hello All,

When replying a mail sent by UK visa for additional information, which reference number are they requesting should be quoted?

is it the mail reference number or applicant GWF application number?

Please i'm confused o . so i don't quote an irrelevant number on the mail subject line.
Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

1. You will need to contact UKVI contact to report the error.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

2. Write them through this email address also.

EntryClearance.Errors @fco.gov.uk

My friend used that email when he had a similar problem. He applied for 5-year visa, but his passport came with a 2-year one.

Thanks Ashirioluwa God bless uu

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks Ashirioluwa God bless uu

Pls, should I tell her to return the passport back to TLS or wait for their response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Guys I got my visa this morning.... I just want to share my experience....

IN 2007 I paid an agent to help me with a UK visiting visa, and he was able to get an invitation letter from a woman that lives in the UK and we have the same last name but I was denied 2twice, but in 2008 the agent was able to get a Dublin visa for me which I was not allowed to enter the country, I was deported at the port of entry.

You know then, when an embassy denied you a visa the stamp is always on the passport and that makes them questioned me
at Dublin port of entry why UK denied me 2tice and other question which I can't remember,

Well 5 month ago me and my wife decided to apply for the skilled worker visa, it's took us like 4 month to put things together regarding documents, bank statement and other things.

While filling the forms I got to a stage where I have to input my parent names and age and 2007 a woman sent me an invitation letter as her son, believe me I don't know the woman's name or age nothing about the woman,

I did all my best to get the woman information but I could not get the agent again... Went to Ibadan to look for him at the same office I use to visit in 2007 but nothing, so I input my parent information.

We did our biometrics on Nov 26 and on Dec 9 we got an email to pick our visa up and here we are but to be honest with you guys I pray ooooo and God did it

Luck luck luck

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Pls, should I tell her to return the passport back to TLS or wait for their response?

Fine If TLS has a solution to a problem like this, but if not, then you will need to wait for their response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
adecoal:
Hello guys,

Please I need help regarding the refusal letter below. I am the sponsor, I live and work in the UK . I am trying to sponsor my guardian whom I call my adopted mother because I have lived with her since I wan three years old. I attached pictures of us together when I was young like 7 years and other pictures with her. The visa has been refused Based on her finances as she submitted a statement of 100k and I had submitted my one statement of over £10k pounds. Would it be helpful if I transfer like 1.2m to her as part of her travel expenses??

For her finance we stated she was employed and gets money from children and we used her 6 month statement to arrive at the annual statement and explained in the application

See refusal letter below:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 and V4.3 of Appendix V because:
You state you intend to travel to the UK for 10 days to visit your adoptive son.
You state you are unemployed, and you receive a regular income of 2m NGN (3,772.44 GBP).

In support of this you have provided a bank statement from Bank LTD, between the dates 01 and the 11/2022. However, the bank statement does not reflect what you have stated on your application. For example, there have also been other large amounts of deposits from unknown sources. For example, on the 08/2022, a sum of 200,000 NGN (368.762 GBP) was deposited into this account. The documents and information provided with your visa application does not portray the source of these funds. In view of this I am not satisfied that these funds are available for your use and that your financial circumstances are as claimed. This further undermines the credibility of your application and the intention of your proposed trip to the UK.
You also state that you receive 2m annually. However, the information provided does not demonstrate how you are in receipt of these stated funds, which leads me to doubt the credibility of the statement made in your application form and your intentions for visiting the UK at this time.
You also state your sponsor will be sponsoring your trip. However, from the additional information provided, you have not demonstrated the relationship between you and your sponsor for me to be satisfied of the relationship. The information provided does not demonstrate the relationship with your sponsor, other than a letter, there is no connection, contact or communication. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have a genuine professional or personal relationship

So many flaws in this.. the unemployed status was the first thing that was put into consideration, and as such was what determined the outcome of your application.

It is first believed by a consular officer that every unemployed person stands the highest risk of illegal immigration, unless proven otherwise, and this has to come with enough concrete and straightforward evidences, towards the informations you have provided in your application.

As a person who falls under this category, heavy scrutiny will be placed on your application, because in the first instance, you are unemployed, which means your foundation over here is shaky.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
misterkelly:
Please I need to know how to pay for health surcharge and the visa fee. Can I use GTBANK dollar card? Or how do I go about it?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
adecoal:
The application is for my mum and I am her sponsor. She’s 55 hence she has stopped working.
The 200k that they are talking about was money someone sent to her to give another person and the debit was made the next day.. the remaining high amounts in her account her money sent to her from me for her upkeep.
Maybe I have to explain in a separate letter each transaction above 50k.
I explained In the application that her yearly income is generated via upkeep given to her by her children. And I have used the 6 month bank statement to arrive at the annual income of 2m
I also attached old and new pictures of us.

Also do I need to transfer money to her cos I didn’t do this as I used my Uk Bank balance for her sponsorship.

It’s very simple. All you could have done was to include your bank statement and highlighting the parts where you sent money to your mom.

If the transfer was done via world remit or western Union, you could’ve included those transaction receipts as part of supporting documents.

Also, you could’ve included your own pay-slips to show how you get your funds and as well support yourself in the UK for you to be able to Stand as her sponsor.

Lastly, you could’ve have included correspondences like WhatsApp messages, text messages or even screenshots of video calls to show your communication with your mom as that is what they meant by proof of relationship.

As an adopted son, in place of birth certificate there could’ve been like a legal document showing she has taken you in as an adopted child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
adecoal:
Hello guys,

Can anyone please help me with sample consent letter from my dad and cover letter I can add to my Mum’s application. Been going through the thread and can’t find it.. ��

my email address is adecoal95@gmail.com

Google is your friend for consent letter template.

As for cover letter, just explain everything that needs explanation, starting from the purpose of the trip, length of the trip, transactions in account as well as origin, itinerary for her trip etc. just explain everything that needs explanation

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:
Hello guys hw una dey naa...
I miss u guys ooo
AdvanceDNA, Hunee n Mrmoney where una dey naa

Abeg how our wife Dey?

Your body go finally cool down now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Yes ooo... Cold wan kill me ooo

grin grin grin You need am…

Madam Dey there to help you now grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Larryb008:
I was refused Uk visa Jan 2012 under 320(7a) can i apply this year December 2022

Yes you can for sure.. but thread carefully whilst applying… and also ensure the reasons for your previous refusal has been sorted as well, so as to avoid another refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TesiB: 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hello All,

please, I'm waiting for this reply.

TesiB:
Hello All,

When replying a mail sent by UK visa for additional information, which reference number are they requesting should be quoted?

Please i'm confused o . so i don't quote an irrelevant number on the mail subject line.
Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
fakmurphy:
Hi Everyone @justwise and all. I need some help.

My wife and I are making plans to bring her mother to assist us with the Kids in the UK 2023.

Our situation: My wife works in Healthcare and she has just received her Tier 2 sponsorship visa and I'm the dependant so next year I want to be flexible with my staying in the UK as I need to focus on our business back home ( I have just graduated).

So I'd like to ask how to bring my mother in law in by next year but she has no salary job and has always lives within what we the kids sent her.

We have a company in Nigeria which is financially buyoant to sponsor her down but I need a clarity from the Gurus in the house.

Thanks so much.

Very easy, but the company can’t sponsor her if she isn’t noted as a staff.. it doesn’t matter if the company belongs to your family.

There has to be a connection between her and the company for the company to want to sponsor her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
TesiB:
Hello All,

Thank You

GWF
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
Seunara101:
Guys I got my visa this morning.... I just want to share my experience....

IN 2007 I paid an agent to help me with a UK visiting visa, and he was able to get an invitation letter from a woman that lives in the UK and we have the same last name but I was denied 2twice, but in 2008 the agent was able to get a Dublin visa for me which I was not allowed to enter the country, I was deported at the port of entry.

You know then, when an embassy denied you a visa the stamp is always on the passport and that makes them questioned me
at Dublin port of entry why UK denied me 2tice and other question which I can't remember,

Well 5 month ago me and my wife decided to apply for the skilled worker visa, it's took us like 4 month to put things together regarding documents, bank statement and other things.

While filling the forms I got to a stage where I have to input my parent names and age and 2007 a woman sent me an invitation letter as her son, believe me I don't know the woman's name or age nothing about the woman,

I did all my best to get the woman information but I could not get the agent again... Went to Ibadan to look for him at the same office I use to visit in 2007 but nothing, so I input my parent information.

We did our biometrics on Nov 26 and on Dec 9 we got an email to pick our visa up and here we are but to be honest with you guys I pray ooooo and God did it

Luck luck luck

That’s because the UK only has the information you provided for 10 years.

2007 to 2017 is 10 years.. hence why.. all the same, good luck and enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
TesiB:
Hello All,

please, I'm waiting for this reply.

GWF
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mrmoney90:

grin grin grin You need am…

Madam Dey there to help you now grin grin

Hmmm Mrmoney u don come again....
Where u go hide since dis while...
Make una come make we go kack for shepke joint n pkomo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocabasa:

Hmmm Mrmoney u don come again....
Where u go hide since dis while...
Make una come make we go kack for shepke joint n pkomo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Slawormirr:
Please I need comments from you all, either positive or negative, it’s welcomed. I’m so nervous

I don't even know how to respond.
You have done bio metrics, at this juncture, nothing can be done!
Keep your faith up .
Abi my oga dem, is there any thing that can be done?

Make una talk oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Slawormirr:
Hello house, I have been having sleepless nights since 2 days now after discovering that the bank statement I uploaded for proof of funds is also showing my ledger balance (present bank balance).

I requested for the statement after I have completed my 28 days proof of fund and have pulled out the funds and it’s now showing the balance of the account on the day I requested for statement from my bank to upload.

I’m so scared, although the statement I presented is okay with proof of fund policies (showing the required balance was running in my account throughout that 28 days) but I’m scared my current bank account balance won’t spoil things for me.

To remedy the situation at hand, I’m thinking I should run another proof of funds and leave it so Incase they asked me to reprint the statement just like in some cases I have seen so it would show current account balance as the ledger(new pof) while requesting for a new statement of account.

I’m just really worried!

Applying as a dependent and I did my biometric on Friday 9th Dec and application has presently being received by DMC
if you apply under a Visa category that requires meeting some specific funds and the current balance doesn't show you are still capable of funding, it will definitely be refused on that ground.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: PeterObi4LP, EngrBlack(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.