Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843963 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2022
Please what are the disadvantages of
applying from Ikeja? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:
Thanks for your answers. I will do all these in tha next application. I will include bank statements as far as 2019 and chats history . I included my pay slip and all in the last application.

Unfortunately the only thing I’m unable to get is the legal documentation to back the adoption as this was in 1998. But I have some old pictures of us too. I’m not sure what other document I can addd to prove the relationship.

Yes please, do ensure you add everything including chats from WhatsApp or sms text messages. If you call your adopted mum on video call, attach screenshot of it.

Give them as much proof as you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mrmoney90:

You Dey enjoy UK now innit? grin

I Dey o.. just Dey carried away with some things, but I Dey enter here once in a while.. once I’m done, I will be here fully

Leave joca alone jare lipsrsealed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2022
Geetaybeks:

None

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:
It was not done legally. It was just a case of my biological mother struggling financially at that point and my adopted mother took me in at that age and saw me through school till university so there was no legal documentations or any sort tbh. Not sure if going ahead with the application without that document ise wasting my time and money on it. I’ve got every other thing in order asides that.

You will possibly need an affidavit from the court in this case.

The affidavit should state the terms of the adoption. If it was not done legally, the affidavit should state it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
Geetaybeks:

You can apply via Vi or Ikeja.
Either of the centers is fine.
Recent response time from ikeja for standard applications have been swift as I learnt.

All the best.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2022
[quote author=fakmurphy post=119131275][/quote]

She should be able to show evidence of support given to her by the children. For example, if she receives 100k monthly, it should be consistent in her bank statement for 6 months.

Another thing to be put into consideration is the inflow/outflow in her account. Everything has to correspond o. Even her monthly expenditure is another factor.

Since she wouldn’t be the principal sponsor, that won’t be an issue. The sponsors should also include their bank statement and also ensure that they can be able to support themselves well enough in the uk to accommodate a third party.

She should state why she would be supported on the trip in a cover letter. Every other information should be included in the cover letter. Bulk sums should be explained, and no irregularities in her account.

Your wife should show proof of relationship since she is your mother in law.

She stands a good chance.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
Slawormirr:
Yes and it’s showing opening and closing balance of the required capital with the period of that 28 days but I forgot it would bring my ledger balance balance and I was supposed to print the statement before pulling out the funds

I saw this screenshot in one of these telegram group, this is exactly what happened to me just that my own still have some little history of recharge cards purchase and co but I printed out my statement after pulling out funds like this, I’m not sure if this person was given visa though

That’s a huge mistake. Why would you print out statement after pulling out funds? What happened? Was the funds borrowed just for the purpose??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mrmoney90:

That’s a huge mistake. Why would you print out statement after pulling out funds? What happened? Was the funds borrowed just for the purpose??

Mrmoney, how are you?
We attended to these series of queries much earlier and we had advised on what to do in a case of additional request by the eco.
It was an oversight i believe but i think from correspondence he received, he should keep his fingers crossed by been positive.

I hope you rounding up plans for the 2022 wink
Compliment of season.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
Slawormirr:
Yes and it’s showing opening and closing balance of the required capital with the period of that 28 days but I forgot it would bring my ledger balance balance and I was supposed to print the statement before pulling out the funds

I saw this screenshot in one of these telegram group, this is exactly what happened to me just that my own still have some little history of recharge cards purchase and co but I printed out my statement after pulling out funds like this, I’m not sure if this person was given visa though

I guessed you didn't print out the day you pulled out the funds. If you did, the said amount shouldn't have been reflected on the SOA.
You know what you did, try and fix it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2022
Pls help me understand. If visa was issued after tb test result validity expires, do we need another tb test to travel please?
It’s for my children. Visa only issued after 6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
evenda:
Pls help me understand. If visa was issued after tb test result validity expires, do we need another tb test to travel[b][/b] please?
It’s for my children. Visa only issued after 6months

No.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hppro: 12:53am On Dec 14, 2022
Big Thumbs up to all the gurus in the house. Please I received the below email a day after biometrics for standard UK visit Visa. It's 13 working days already, please does it mean it will take more than 15 working days ?
Response and advice will be much appreciated.
1) Please has anyone received similar mail?
2) How long before a decision was made on thier visit Visa application?

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:00am On Dec 14, 2022
hunee:

Mrmoney, how are you?
We attended to these series of queries much earlier and we had advised on what to do in a case of additional request by the eco.
It was an oversight i believe but i think from correspondence he received, he should keep his fingers crossed by been positive.

I hope you rounding up plans for the 2022 wink
Compliment of season.

Yes you’re right.

I Dey o.. just been a little tied up, but I will check in here quite regularly. I like the coordination in the forum now as everyone is contributing to the best of their knowledge.

Since he has already submitted, there is nothing much he can do other than to wait and hear back from the embassy.

He can go ahead and build another statement of account, but then again, I ask, why the rush in the first place? Why not wait until visa is received before pulling out money?

He should just hope and pray, as I believe there is nothing God cannot do, because in all, if God says yes, no consular officer can say no

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:02am On Dec 14, 2022
Hppro:
Big Thumbs up to all the gurus in the house. Please I received the below email a day after biometrics for standard UK visit Visa. It's 13 working days already, please does it mean it will take more than 15 working days ?
Response and advice will be much appreciated. Thank you

Yes, it might take longer than that.. just depends on your luck as well.

But in all, It’s a generic email altogether and doesn’t really mean anything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 1:07am On Dec 14, 2022
Good day guys. I'm about to start applying for a skilled worker visa/healthcare and I'm very nervous. I have some questions to ask.

1. Is it necessary I choose assisted upload. If I decide on self uploading, will it affect my visa outcome if I don't upload in the right dimensions?

2. Which visa application center is fast, ikeja or VI. How much does it cost to use VI.

3. As a tie to dependants, should our pictures be converted into a single file in a PDF format?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2022
Mallamkettle:
Good day guys. I'm about to start applying for a skilled worker visa/healthcare and I'm very nervous. I have some questions to ask.1. Is it necessary I choose assisted upload. If I decide on self uploading, will it affect my visa outcome if I don't upload in the right dimensions?2. Which visa application center is fast, ikeja or VI. How much does it cost to use VI.3. As a tie to dependants, should our pictures be converted into a single file in a PDF format?
1. No 2. ALL 3. Any of the above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:15am On Dec 14, 2022
@slawormirr you already did the worst by withdrawing funds and going weeks later to print statement. Nobody can tell you anything further nor help you in anyway furthermore, you need to wait for the outcome of the visa application. Not spamming the thread sir

Just wait it out sir/oga.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hppro: 1:23am On Dec 14, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Yes, it might take longer than that.. just depends on your luck as well.

But in all, It’s a generic email altogether and doesn’t really mean anything

1) Please has anyone received similar mail?
2) How long before a decision was made on thier visit Visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 4:52am On Dec 14, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:03am On Dec 14, 2022
Slawormirr:
I am only making enquiries and not spamming the thread! The questions I asked is related to what’s being discussed here so where’s the spamming? You should scroll pass if you can’t help
nothing can be done. asking same questions over and over again does not change what happened and doesn’t change the fact that you’ll have to wait. My apologies sir

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:23am On Dec 14, 2022
Fellow Groupies.

Ahead of 2023. Don't you think it's about time we enhance our response service time management by creating
1. A telegram channel for interested NL members , then have selected admins irrespective of our differences.
Moving forward.

2. Focusing on optional services and materials for interested persons. E.g have selected persons handling the cac activation and other support services on request.

If you have other ideas on enhancing the UK community across NL , Please share.
Proposals.
I look ahead of a great year.
Goodmorning everyone.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2022
Slawormirr:
Can you please shed more light? I pulled out on the 22 Nov, and I printed the statement on the 8th when I was applying for my visa

Well, you should hope for the best at this point.
There is no need to return the funds to the account.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:53am On Dec 14, 2022
hunee:

Leave joca alone jare lipsrsealed

grin grin grin You know say na me and Joca for here… I sabi worry am grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2022
hunee:
Fellow Groupies.

Ahead of 2023. Don't you think it's about time we enhance our response service time management by creating
1. A telegram channel for interested NL members , then have selected admins irrespective of our differences.
Moving forward.

2. Focusing on optional services and materials for interested persons. E.g have selected persons handling the cac activation and other support services on request.

Proposals.
Goodmorning everyone.

Not a bad idea o.. supported

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2022
Mrmoney90:

grin grin grin You know say na me and Joca for here… I sabi worry am grin grin

Hahaha ha. Abi na grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2022
hunee:
Fellow Groupies.

Moving forward.

Proposals.
Goodmorning everyone.

Groupies??

As in groupies ?? grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:07am On Dec 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

Groupies??

As in groupies ?? grin

My oga at the top undecided
Na Groupies o. Drop suggestion jor grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:10am On Dec 14, 2022
hunee:

My oga at the top undecided
Na Groupies o. Drop suggestion jor grin

Boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7