Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825356 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Slawormirr:
Okay thanks for stopping by but I want to ask if I can start running another pof again on the account tomorrow so I can present to them showing the current balance if they ask for a reprint, I have seen some asked to reprint bank statements

Hello.
Honestly, I do not give these kind of advisory. i hope you pick the message.

"Adjusting or running a document that has been submitted after or during bio would not fly". These things could have been treated before now . But you didn't do. It was an oversight.

So just wait for the decision OK.
I hope everything work's fine for you.

In-between, there's supposed to be a ledger balance and a current balance. If you printed your statement from the bank, there's not a way it will not show your current balance.

I think you are just worried over nothing .
Stay calm and await eco's feedbacks.

There's not much we can do here than to give guidance. Our network is limited.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
[quote author=Slawormirr post=119108392]Hello house, I have been having sleepless nights since 2 days now after discovering that the bank statement I uploaded for proof of funds is also showing my ledger balance (present bank balance).

I requested for the statement after I have completed my 28 days proof of fund and have pulled out the funds and it’s now showing the balance of the account on the day I requested for statement from my bank to upload.

I’m so scared, although the statement I presented is okay with proof of fund policies (showing the required balance was running in my account throughout that 28 days) but I’m scared my current bank account balance won’t spoil things for me.

To remedy the situation at hand, I’m thinking I should run another proof of funds and leave it so Incase they asked me to reprint the statement just like in some cases I have seen so it would show current account balance as the ledger(new pof) while requesting for a new statement of account.

I’m just really worried!

Applying as a dependent and I did my biometric on Friday 9th Dec and application has presently being received by DMC[[b][/b]/quote]

If you're joining your partner under the skilled worker route and had submitted cos where maintenance is ticked then you may worry less.
If joining your partner who is a student and that was the only pof, then your worries are legit..
Even if you decided to start running it now as you have indicated, and you are asked to provide a pof again during review of your application, you should be aware that a specific period would be given, if the period given shows you have held the funds for a period less than as needed 28 calendar days then your worries may/still remains.

YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING, wait for the outcome of your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Hmmn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 12:35am On Dec 13, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2022
Slawormirr:
Okay, thanks please don’t say my questions are too much, I know I have to wait for their final decision but I’m asking questions, I might be lucky they request account statements reprint or appealing in case of refusal.

I just discovered right now that I have a bank statement I requested on the 21st of Nov, showing my ledger balance and bank statements of the required amount for proof of funds(from October 21st to November 21st). Can I still go ahead and send that if they asked for reprint of bank statements? I applied for visa on the 25th of Nov so the 31 days before visa application still goes.

Funds was pulled out on the 22nd of November, incase I need to present an up-to-date bank statements carrying my present funds, I am thinking of putting in money tomorrow then print out the statement from like 10th of November to the present which I believe it should not pass 22nd of this month to get a mail from them on their decision which would show opening balance and present balance of the required funds, I’m hoping I get an email before they go for break on the 23rd because that’d be exactly 2 weeks that I did my biometrics.

Please don’t be too harsh on me, a lot has been put into this and I want to make sure this silly mistakes don’t get me screwed. It’s 12:21 am here and I’m finding it difficult to sleep.
if they are going to request for Bank statement, They will specify the dates they want themselves not your own wish. So I think.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shofalz: 7:35am On Dec 13, 2022
Good morning,

I applied for visitors visa with one of my sons first week in november ,I got a mail to pick up on the 29th November but my son's passport wasn't available. The officers at the tls said it happens and that I will get a mail for his own pick up soon. Till date I haven't gotten any and when I tracked it,it is still at application recieved by BMC for over 2weeks now. Please what can I do as I already booked ticket to travel before Christmas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2022
Shofalz:
Good morning,

I applied for visitors visa with one of my sons first week in november ,I got a mail to pick up on the 29th November but my son's passport wasn't available. The officers at the tls said it happens and that I will get a mail for his own pick up soon. Till date I haven't gotten any and when I tracked it,it is still at application recieved by BMC for over 2weeks now. Please what can I do as I already booked ticket to travel before Christmas?
Paid mail or Paid call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Slawormirr:
Okay, thanks please don’t say my questions are too much, I know I have to wait for their final decision but I’m asking questions, I might be lucky they request account statements reprint or appealing in case of refusal.

I just discovered right now that I have a bank statement I requested on the 21st of Nov, showing my ledger balance and bank statements of the required amount for proof of funds(from October 21st to November 21st). Can I still go ahead and send that if they asked for reprint of bank statements? I applied for visa on the 25th of Nov so the 31 days before visa application still goes.

Funds was pulled out on the 22nd of November, incase I need to present an up-to-date bank statements carrying my present funds, I am thinking of putting in money tomorrow then print out the statement from like 10th of November to the present which I believe it should not pass 22nd of this month to get a mail from them on their decision which would show opening balance and present balance of the required funds, I’m hoping I get an email before they go for break on the 23rd because that’d be exactly 2 weeks that I did my biometrics.

Please don’t be too harsh on me, a lot has been put into this and I want to make sure this silly mistakes don’t get me screwed. It’s 12:21 am here and I’m finding it difficult to sleep.

You are asking questions, feel free smiley

We are here for everyone

I maintain my initial stance, wait for your decision.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Thanks for your answers. I will do all these in tha next application. I will include bank statements as far as 2019 and chats history . I included my pay slip and all in the last application.

Unfortunately the only thing I’m unable to get is the legal documentation to back the adoption as this was in 1998. But I have some old pictures of us too. I’m not sure what other document I can addd to prove the relationship.

Mrmoney90:

It’s very simple. All you could have done was to include your bank statement and highlighting the parts where you sent money to your mom.

If the transfer was done via world remit or western Union, you could’ve included those transaction receipts as part of supporting documents.

Also, you could’ve included your own pay-slips to show how you get your funds and as well support yourself in the UK for you to be able to Stand as her sponsor.

Lastly, you could’ve have included correspondences like WhatsApp messages, text messages or even screenshots of video calls to show your communication with your mom as that is what they meant by proof of relationship.

As an adopted son, in place of birth certificate there could’ve been like a legal document showing she has taken you in as an adopted child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shofalz: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2022
I don't understand what you mean by that?

Quote author=hunee post=119116678]
Paid mail or Paid call.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:
Thanks for your answers. I will do all these in tha next application. I will include bank statements as far as 2019 and chats history . I included my pay slip and all in the last application.
Unfortunately the only thing I’m unable to get is the legal documentation to back the adoption as this was in 1998. But I have some old pictures of us too. I’m not sure what other document I can addd to prove the relationship.
get the legal documentation if she is your adopted mother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2022
Shofalz:
I don't understand what you mean by that?

Quote author=hunee post=119116678]
Paid mail or Paid call.

Hello.
To follow up on your application, Please read carefully below.

Contact ukvi
Paid call : number to call is +443007906268, then press the numbers immediately 1,2,5,1 debit card no* expiry date* the 3nos at the back of the card* then 2, u will be connected to an agent, have ur GWF NO handy

Cards that can be used is Visa / Master card

Or paid mail via the link below

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shofalz: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Okay,thank u so much I appreciate

Hello.

Contact ukvi
Paid call : number to call is +443007906268, then press the numbers immediately 1,2,5,1 debit card no* expiry date* the 3nos at the back of the card* then 2, u will be connected to an agent, have ur GWF NO handy

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2022
Always.
Shofalz:
Okay,thank u so much I appreciate

Hello.

Contact ukvi

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:

Most of the adoptions carried out within Nigeria are not done legally.

If your adoption was done legally, you can request copies of the adoption documents from the organization (agency) that approved the adoption. This might cost you few nairas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
It was not done legally. It was just a case of my biological mother struggling financially at that point and my adopted mother took me in at that age and saw me through school till university so there was no legal documentations or any sort tbh. Not sure if going ahead with the application without that document ise wasting my time and money on it. I’ve got every other thing in order asides that.

Ashirioluwa:

Most of the adoptions carried out within Nigeria are not done legally.

If your adoption was done legally, you can request copies of the adoption documents from the organization (agency) that approved the adoption. This might cost you few nairas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:
It was not done legally. It was just a case of my biological mother struggling financially at that point and my adopted mother took me in at that age and saw me through school till university so there was no legal documentations or any sort tbh. Not sure if going ahead with the application without that document ise wasting my time and money on it. I’ve got every other thing in order asides that.

In the west, this is not what is referred to as "adoption."

When writing to someone who doesn't speak your language, avoid using Nigerian English.

In Nigeria, you are allowed to refer to your older relatives as mom or dad, but outside of Nigeria, only your biological, stepparents, and adoptive parents are considered to be either your mom or dad.

You'll state this in your cover letter: "She assisted your parents in raising you when you were a child."

Because you spent the majority of your youth with her, you can say that you consider her to be your mother. Also, that she is the one that sponsors you through school.

Don't forget to bring up the number of years you spent with her. Include photos of the two of you to support your claim, if you have any.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:

You can go to court and get a declaration stating that you are her adoptive son. Make sure it's signed and stamped

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2022
Notarised.
Not court stamps and signatures only.
Get a lawyer involved to give it credence.
Stenvee:

You can go to court and get a declaration stating that you are her adoptive son. Make sure it's signed and stamped

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cleric7: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello everyone
I recently got my visa switch approved. I opted for priority service and got my decision mail the day after appointment - Nov 8. Up until now (About 24 working days) I’m still yet to get my brp. I’ve reported on the gov.uk a couple of times and the responses seem like a template - brp delivery team says it’s not a delivery issue and that a case worker will reach out to me meanwhile no further communication, no one has reached out to me. Same thing when I call their office.

Any advice on what to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
hunee:
Notarised.
Not court stamps and signatures only.
Get a lawyer involved to give it credence.
Thank you
Cc Adecoal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
Thanks @stenvee and @hunee.

How long does it take to get passport back. Got the refusal email on Friday 10 December and they mentioned third party agent will reach out.

Stenvee:
Thank you
Cc Adecoal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:

How long does it take to get passport back. Got the refusal email on Friday 10 December and they mentioned third party agent will reach out.

Always.
As regards Passport return, you may have to keep checking your mails or sms.
You are not advised to visit TLS unless told to do so.
However, if you do not get a feedback in coming days,
you can reach us here so we can give further guidance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
adecoal:

Give them 10 days to send you collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Thanks, Boss. Can you please explain a bit further what I can do in this regard? What is the best way to go about this? We'd like that she come by Marc/ April if possible.

Very easy, but the company can’t sponsor her if she isn’t noted as a staff.. it doesn’t matter if the company belongs to your family.

There has to be a connection between her and the company for the company to want to sponsor her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hi Everyone @justwise and all. I need some help.

My wife and I are making plans to bring her mother to assist us with the Kids in the UK in 2023.

Our situation: My wife works in Healthcare and she has just received her Tier 2 sponsorship visa I'm the dependent so next year I want to be flexible with my staying in the UK as I need to focus on our business back home ( I have just graduated).

So I'd like to ask how to bring my mother-in-law in by next year but she has no salaried job and has always lived within what we the kids sent her.

We have a company in Nigeria that is financially buoyant to sponsor her but I need clarity from the Gurus in the house.

Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaintel(m): 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hi guyz, another good new, UkVI want to refund my visa application fee for overcharging. I applied in may and paid $650
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jocabasa:

Hmmm Mrmoney u don come again....
Where u go hide since dis while...
Make una come make we go kack for shepke joint n pkomo

You Dey enjoy UK now innit? grin

I Dey o.. just Dey carried away with some things, but I Dey enter here once in a while.. once I’m done, I will be here fully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
Slawormirr:
Please I need comments from you all, either positive or negative, it’s welcomed. I’m so nervous

Let me understand you; are you saying after you printed your bank statement after pulling out the money??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
Ikeja TLs center.
E be like say magic dey happen for there.
I dey see fast fast response for standard visas. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (612) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.