Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850703 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
AskGod07:
Wow that sound great and luck for you, Is your total budget of 1.37M is within your 2 month disposable income ? How much do you allocated for your flight ticket 2 ways ?

There is no law that forbids you from taking a vacation that costs more than two months of your salary.

This 2-month income rule is only a suggestion to help you avoid allocating all of the money in your account during visa application to travel-related expenses.

Since every situation is unique, I don't see anything wrong if you choose to use 3 months of your salary for vacation.

If we adhere strictly to this 2-month income guideline, no one making less than 150k per month will be granted a visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Pls do I need lawyer or Agent for spouse visa Have been to the Uk twice….please someone should reply me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jayfierce(m): 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
jayfierce:
I really don't know who to be angry with at the moment.

Application submission for 3 family members 18th Dec 2022
Biometrics done 4th Jan 2023
Arrived UKVI 5th Jan 2023
Travel Document Returned by courier 11th Jan 2023
DHL notified that documents arrived at incorrect facility 13th Jan 2023

Called today the 16th and DHL and document is still at incorrect facility. Trying to stay calm.
Finally got our passports back today. Grateful to God that the visas were issued and intact. Visa validity starts towards the end of this month. Kind of them to move it forward to accommodate travel date.

I submitted Tax clearance, payslips, bank statements, mutual fund investment(with letter from bank stating the amount in pounds).

Traveled to the UK once in 2015 and later to the USA and Canada. I have a sibling studying in the UK which I declared. No accommodation booking yet but stated that we plan to use an airbnb for the three weeks stay.

Good luck to all applicants.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gud afternoon to u friends n members...

Pls, my friend was issued an expired visa and has returned back d passport n send a paid mail since on d 15th of December 2022...

Dey replied on 16th December apologized n stated dat d error wil b corrected within 15 working days....
I was surprised wen she calld me yesterday dat she hasn't gotten a respond frm ukvi since December till now...
She has sent another paid mail again on Monday another respond of getting back to her within 15 working days again....
She has planned her trip for next weekend.

Abeg wat wil she do biko my seniors in d house...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jocabasa:

Pls, my friend was issued an expired visa and has returned back d passport n send a paid mail since on d 15th of December 2022...

Dey replied on 16th December apologized n stated dat d error wil b corrected within 15 working days....
I was surprised wen she calld me yesterday dat she hasn't gotten a respond frm ukvi since December till now...
She has sent another paid mail again on Monday another respond of getting back to her within 15 working days again....

Is dere any hope for her frm now til Thursday or she shud cancel her flight n reservation?....
Pls my ogas make una advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jocabasa:

There’s nothing she can do for now than to wait until she gets pick up notice.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnecee: 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
Cashmadam:
[b]-
Thank you so much for your response. What would you advise I state as our individual budget for the trip?. I was just stylishly picking an agent’s brain and he said a minimum of 8m is required. please what are your thoughts?

Thank you for the assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
Is it advisable for Uk first timer to booked for hostel bed mixed dormitory room shared with shared bathroom?

Is anyone recently applied that booked for hostel in the house or any first hand info pls advise?

Just wanna reduce my travel cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

There’s nothing she can do for now than to wait until she gets pick up notice.

Thanks Ashirioluwa... Wat abt d flight ticket she's book already...
Shud she cancel it or stil wait til d last day of d flight which is Thursday next week....
Is dere any hope for her before den...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
giselle237:
company account funds is for the business and not for your vacation sir.
Like I said, there’s nothing we should be saying to you as it’s late. Goodluck once again

I had 5.5m in the company account and transferred 3.5m to personal accounts for the quick trip. Which i mentioned on the application. Obviously I won’t use it all. I have noted all you said. Thank you for responding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
How one obtain a personal tax clearance in Nigeria? If my company can't obtain  it for me

And is personal tax clearance certificate compulsory to be summited to uk for tourist visa someone that is employed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
brown1234:
How one obtain a personal tax clearance in Nigeria? If my company can't obtain  it for me
And is personal tax clearance certificate compulsory to be summited to uk for tourist visa someone that is employed
no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
Thanks , meaning I should just summit my normal 6 month bank statement with supporting documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
giselle237:
no
Thanks , meaning I should just summit my normal 6 month bank statement with supporting documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jocabasa:

Thanks Ashirioluwa... Wat abt d flight ticket she's book already...
Shud she cancel it or stil wait til d last day of d flight which is Thursday next week....
Is dere any hope for her before den...

First, you need to check if the ticket is refundable, because some tickets are not. Either you use it or you lose it.

If you confirm that the ticket is refundable, then you can wait until Thursday next week to see if you will get a pickup notice from TLS; if not, then you can go ahead and cancel it.

But make sure you confirm to know if the ticket can be refunded or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Talksub(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please how easy is it to get an appointment date ? if I submit my application today am I able to get a date like Wednesday next week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
With your payslips

brown1234:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arrywendie(f): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hi Olivia. I'm in the same situation. What do we do? My employer is also expecting me and I already received my BRP mail since December. Infact, it was sent twice.
OptimisticK:

I went there, my passport isn't ready yet according to them, when they checked.

When I went to see one of them letting him know I got a Successful BRP mail since last 3 weeks, he said I shd collect enquiry slip.

It was the same paid call and paid mail numbers.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

First, you need to check if the ticket is refundable, because some tickets are not. Either you use it or you lose it.

If you confirm that the ticket is refundable, then you can wait until Thursday next week to see if you will get a pickup notice from TLS; if not, then you can go ahead and cancel it.

But make sure you confirm to know if the ticket can be refunded or not.

Ok thanks Ashirioluwa.... I think her ticket is refundable jst dat she's is worried abt d increased ticket price....
Anyway, I wil give her hope n courage her to stil wait til d referee blow d whistle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good day all. Please who has used konga travel agency here before and how reliable are they?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
brown1234:

Not compulsory. never used it before.

You can demonstrate financial proof without a Tax clearance certificate by using your bank statement, bank letter, paystubs, and possibly your employment letter.

What you truly need, outside the financial proof, are the Home ties. It is very important to show that, if you are given a visa to enter the UK, you will undoubtedly return home at the end of your authorized stay.

Don't rely on my post 100% because it is based on my own personal experience. I am not an agent or expert in immigration matters, so do more research on this matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Talksub(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please how easy is it to get an appointment date ? if I submit my application today am I able to get a date like Wednesday next week??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
giselle237:
obviously not same documents as some maybe outdated but yes you can follow same process and if your liver + overall circumstances carry you… apply for even 10 years

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sijuademi: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please what English test will someone coming to us for care write.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hammedyusuf: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

There's nothing to fear because the NIN number has nothing to do with the outcome of a visa application.

The NIN number and passport number are two different pieces of information, so don’t fill them out or use the passport number as the NIN number. Leave it blank if you don’t have it; that is better than giving out misleading information.

Moreover, getting a NIN number these days is as easy as ABC.

thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
Visa renewal alert (2 years).
Biometrics date: 11th January 2023
TLS collection mail: 18th January 2023
Pick up: 19th January 2023.

First 6mths visa was issued in July last year, travelled to UK once for 10days.

I was very surprised at the short processing time as I thought it will take up to two to three weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support on this platform. God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayCar: 12:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Hello, please I want to renew visa for my parent , a 2 year visa but their passport expires next January does that have any impact on the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 12:47am On Jan 20, 2023
[quote author=Arrywendie post=120134465]Hello. Please how did you get the letter from UKVI? I'm in the same situation. I got a BRP mail since last year but no collection mail. How do I get my passport back kindly help out. Thank you

Through paid email and complaint to UK Home office
https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 2:20am On Jan 20, 2023
I am planning for a vacation trip in 2nd week of May. Can I apply for visa now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 5:03am On Jan 20, 2023
Not at all. You can proceed with it.
MayCar:
Hello, please I want to renew visa for my parent , a 2 year visa but their passport expires next January does that have any impact on the application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.