Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846080 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arrywendie(f): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello. Please how did you get the letter from UKVI? I'm in the same situation. I got a BRP mail since last year but no collection mail. How do I get my passport back kindly help out. Thank you

Thank you so much.
I eventually got a collection email few days back after visiting TLS again with the instruction letter from UKVI to release my passport.
UKVI gave me the most frustrating times of my life in 2022 both financially and emotionally. I lost 2 travel scholarships (Asia and Europe) because of their delay in returning my passport (over 4 months) for nothing. I realised that £55 payment VI is nothing but an offering. If not for the letter I took there physically, I doubt if I will ever get my passport back.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arrywendie(f): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
Have you gotten a collection mail now? My hubby is in the same situation.
OptimisticK:
Nawa o

I hope this won't my case o.
Waiting for collection mail since 29th of Dec, after a successful BRP mail.

I don't understand this people o.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adecoal: 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Visa Alert!!!!

My mum finally got her visa.

Thanks @Mrmoney90 @hunee @Ashirioluwa and every other person.

Visa application online Dec 27
Biometric Jan 4th at TLS VI (standard)
Collection mail Jan 16
Passport collected today.

The first application got refused on the 9th of December. Made the necessary correction with the help of the wonderful people here and reapplied.

My mum is absolutely buzzing. Hahaha

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dupyshoo: 12:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Not sure you can apply as her dependant from outside the UK. You might be better off waiting for her to get her ILR since she is on her last 2.5 years.
Davinton:

She is on her last 10yrs( private route) period before she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. We have been advised to apply for spousal visa since we are married. I checked the UK website nothing saying for or against it but I'd I appreciate you or someone that has same experience to point me to the right direction.

Thank you.

Uploaded is her type of visa status and didn't say much about marriage but says his/her family member can apply on the same application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:54am On Jan 18, 2023
adecoal:
Visa Alert!!!!

Collection mail Jan 16

The first application got refused on the 9th of December. Made the necessary correction with the help of the wonderful people here and reapplied.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 2:56am On Jan 18, 2023
AskGod07:

Afar autumn have you collected your passport it’s Visa?

Not yet. Planning to go today. Will share once I get it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 2:59am On Jan 18, 2023
No

Arrywendie:
Have you gotten a collection mail now? My hubby is in the same situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:20am On Jan 18, 2023
Blessings Adecoal.
Enjoy wink
adecoal:
Visa Alert!!!!

Collection mail Jan 16

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:22am On Jan 18, 2023
Nigeria Immigration Service
@nigimmigration
The recruitment portal is live!

The link to apply is:

https://cdcfib.career
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2023
babylawyr:

Visa Alert!!

Priority (self service) - Business Visa.
Biometrics in TLS VI was for 12noon 11th of Jan,

I arrived TLS at 11.14am. Parking is allowed outside the premises at #500.
Signed into the building at 11.22am. Everything was swift, no queues, happy I didn't pay for the Premium Lounge, would have been a waste.
I finished and was out of TLS at 11.45am. I was given a Lebara Uk SIM card upon submission of passport.

My Passport moved to DMC same day biometrics.
Received collection mail on 16th Jan 2023 at around 3pm.
Picked up 17th January 2023. No queues, I was in and out in 4 mins.

Documents submitted!
Introduction letter from employer.
Letter of employment.
Invitation letter of sponsorship from my company in Uk with reason for the business trip.
Six months Payslips
Six months bank statements
Scanned old passports with travel history- including UK.
Accommodation booking.

Good luck everyone.

Hello, please How can I contact you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2023
Okay, thanks for your help.

giselle237:
I’m afraid you’ll have to continue with professional help as I don’t want to mislead you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2023
Really? Is there any information to back it up? As I speak an immigration lawyer in UK is willing to take up our case but I need to be sure if we have a good case before I pay him for his service.

dupyshoo:
Not sure you can apply as her dependant from outside the UK. You might be better off waiting for her to get her ILR since she is on her last 2.5 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2023
Really? Is there any information to back it up? As I speak an immigration lawyer in UK is willing to take up our case but I need to be sure that we have a good case before I pay him for his service.

dupyshoo:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arrywendie(f): 11:02am On Jan 18, 2023
Wow! Have you escalated?
OptimisticK:
No

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2023
Yes.

I went to TLS today, they said my passport isn't ready.

I just have to wait till God knows when.

Arrywendie:
Wow! Have you escalated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dupyshoo: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
I just can't find under which category you will apply. Maybe you should ask the lawyer before commiting yourself. What I am sure of is that it os definitely not spouse visa.

Davinton:
Really? Is there any information to back it up? As I speak an immigration lawyer in UK is willing to take up our case but I need to be sure that we have a good case before I pay him for his service.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by marqueetim(m): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please I want to apply for a UK visa with a sponsor. Do I need to include my bank statement still?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Definitely

marqueetim:
Please I want to apply for a UK visa with a sponsor. Do I need to include my bank statement still?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Good afternoon everyone
I was given 6month visa last year to go visit my husband and the visa expire 11th of January 2023.Have been to the Uk twice and I came back 5th of January. Please can I apply for 2years visit visa with the same document submitted before ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
adecoal:
Visa Alert!!!!

Collection mail Jan 16

Congratulations to her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, I’m new on this thread. I did my biometrics Jan 17th yesterday. The documents I submitted are,
CAC (company)
Tax receipts
6months Bank statements Company and personal (2m and 3.6m respectively) i am sponsoring myself, I transferred to my personal account from company account.
Travel budget is 3.6m for 7 days holiday.
For home ties, I submitted my CV, previously employment appointments letters, Voters card and NIN.
Old passport with previous visas
New passport
Birth certificate
Travel date March 10th - 18th

Please for the Gurus here, are my chances good?
Thank you and God bless in advance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Passport collected
6 months standard visit visa

Applied 9th January
Biometric 10th January (priority)
Collection mail 16th January
Passport collected 18th January

Thank you all for the insights shared.

AskGod07:

Afar autumn have you collected your passport it’s Visa?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:
Good afternoon everyone, I’m new on this thread. I did my biometrics Jan 17th yesterday. The documents I submitted are,
CAC (company)
Tax receipts
6months Bank statements Company and personal (2m and 3.6m respectively) i am sponsoring myself, I transferred to my personal account from company account.
For home ties, I submitted my CV, previously employment appointments letters, Voters card and NIN.
New passport
Birth certificate

3.6m as budget for 7 days.. pls how much do you earn monthly? This is too much. U want to clear out all ur money in just 1 week? 7200 pounds for 1 week. I am afraid oo. As you have done biometrics ALREADY.. there’s no advice to give as it is late. Wait for the outcome. Good chances if your income is at least twice this amount +/- acceptable travel history

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Wow wow I’m very very happy for you autumn, pls if I may ask how much you stated as your travel cost? Do you draw a budget for your travel cost ? What’s your closing balance and opening balance ?

Pls can you list all the doc submitted autumn

27autumn:
Passport collected
6 months standard visit visa

Applied 9th January
Biometric 10th January (priority)
Collection mail 16th January
Passport collected 18th January

Thank you all for the insights shared.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:
CAC (company)
Tax receipts
New passport
Birth certificate

3.6m for a 7 days trip is definitely too much. Even too much for a 14 days trip. Whichever ways, I wish you goodluck and God’s favor in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Is Estimated cost of trip below ok for disposable income of 450k monthly ?

Ticket 2ways : 450,000 :. £810.655
Accommodate for 8 days : £433.79
Feeding: (8 days £30/day):. £240
Transportation (8 days£15/day):. £120
Tour/miscellaneous :. £ 170

Total Est. Cost trip : £ 1,774.445 : NGN 983,092 @ £1: 554.028

With closing balance of 4m plus

Is my budget for flight ticket for 450k ok? Because I don't want my trip cost too high or too low

Please any adjustments?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olivia101: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hi
Please, how did you get someone to listen to you at TLS? .I'm in the same situation, got a successful BRP letter on the 21st of November, till date I'm yet to receive my passport. I've sent several mails and UKVI has replied on different occasion saying they have told my VAC to release my passport. Please who do I meet at TLS to show the letter. My employer is worried.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance �
Arrywendie:
Hello. Please how did you get the letter from UKVI? I'm in the same situation. I got a BRP mail since last year but no collection mail. How do I get my passport back kindly help out. Thank you

Thank you so much.
I eventually got a collection email few days back after visiting TLS again with the instruction letter from UKVI to release my passport.
UKVI gave me the most frustrating times of my life in 2022 both financially and emotionally. I lost 2 travel scholarships (Asia and Europe) because of their delay in returning my passport (over 4 months) for nothing. I realised that £55 payment VI is nothing but an offering. If not for the letter I took there physically, I doubt if I will ever get my passport back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:
CAC (company)
Tax receipts
New passport
Birth certificate

3.6m is damn too much ... kilode... You had better Cancel the application and forego the application fee.. then reapply with a better budget...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2023
Olivia101:
Hi
Please, how did you get someone to listen to you at TLS? .I'm in the same situation, got a successful BRP letter on the 21st of November, till date I'm yet to receive my passport. I've sent several mails and UKVI has replied on different occasion saying they have told my VAC to release my passport. Please who do I meet at TLS to show the letter. My employer is worried.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance �

print the letter and ho to the submission centre...Meet with those security guys and those ladies checking appointment booking. they should help .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:
Is Estimated cost of trip below ok for disposable income of 450k monthly ?

Ticket 2ways : 450,000 :. £810.655
Accommodate for 8 days : £433.79
Feeding: (8 days £30/day):. £240
Transportation (8 days£15/day):. £120
Tour/miscellaneous :. £ 170

Total Est. Cost trip : £ 1,774.445 : NGN 983,092 @ £1: 554.028

With closing balance of 4m plus

Is my budget for flight ticket for 450k ok? Because I don't want my trip cost too high or too low

Please any adjustments?

Remove feeding and transportation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
ijeshaoflondon:

3.6m is damn too much ... kilode... You had better Cancel the application and forego the application fee.. then reapply with a better budget...

Helllo pls anyone knows more about kenya �� travels .

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.