Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (827067 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TPLTD: 6:12am On Jan 17, 2023
Pls I need links for shared apartment on Southend on sea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 6:22am On Jan 17, 2023
Is there usually queue for collection at TLS VI? Need to plan my day properly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TPLTD: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2023
27autumn:

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2023
TPLTD:

Yes

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 9:51am On Jan 17, 2023
27autumn:

It’s always best to get there very early so you can also leave early. If you can get there by 7am and join the queue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2023
Davinton:
Good evening everyone, I have been following this forum for while and it has been quite helpful. I need your urgent advice as I am about to put in my UK spousal visa application.
I am and my wife got married last year October, she lives in the UK. She has 'leave to remain'( not indefinite leave to remain). I was removed in 2009 due to overstaying. Now here are my questions; will her present status be an issue, would my previous record affect the approval of my visa application, since my wife will be the one applying from the UK, how much do I need to have in my statement of account, do I need to write a statement of purpose? God bless you all as I await your responses.
N:B: done my IELTS test and TB certificate.

Can someone pls respond to my post. Your urgent advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2023
Davinton:

Can someone pls respond to my post. Your urgent advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
u need to check the visa category u should be applying for. If she has leave to remain that means its for a specific period. Last I heard about spousal visa is for the spouse of the settled person or British citizen which is not leave to remain.
Can you post the link from www.gov.uk which specifies your visa category?
Do your research and yes your previous records must come up so once u confirm the form you are filling in, you need to speak the truth about all your immigration history in the UK. Any dishonesty may be used against you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2023
giselle237:
u need to check the visa category u should be applying for. If she has leave to remain that means its for a specific period. Last I heard about spousal visa is for the spouse of the settled person or British citizen which is not leave to remain.
Can you post the link from www.gov.uk which specifies your visa category?
Do your research and yes your previous records must come up so once u confirm the form you are filling in, you need to speak the truth about all your immigration history in the UK. Any dishonesty may be used against you

She is on her last 10yrs( private route) period before she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. We have been advised to apply for spousal visa since we are married. I checked the UK website nothing saying for or against it but I'd I appreciate you or someone that has same experience to point me to the right direction.

Thank you.

Uploaded is her type of visa status and didn't say much about marriage but says his/her family member can apply on the same application.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TPLTD: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2023
Pls I need links for shared apartment on Southend on sea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by charmingsamson(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Visitor Visa
Visa application online Jan 3th
Biometric Jan 5th at TLS Self Upload (standard)
Collection mail Jan 11 (3 working day)
DHL collection 13th Jan

I previously have used UK visa
I pray this give someone hope.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
babylawyr:
Anyone interested in booking Priority services... its now available in VI.
For biometrics, the earliest date is 11th Jan 2023 as at this morning.

Visa Alert!!

Priority (self service) - Business Visa.
Biometrics in TLS VI was for 12noon 11th of Jan,
My Passport moved to DMC same day biometrics.
Received collection mail on 16th Jan 2023 at around 3pm.
Picked up 17th January 2023. No queues, I was in and out in 4 mins.

Documents submitted!
Introduction letter from employer.
Letter of employment.
Invitation letter of sponsorship from my company in Uk with reason for the business trip.
Six months Payslips
Six months bank statements
Scanned old passports with travel history- including UK.
Accommodation booking.

I arrived TLS at 11.14am. Parking is allowed outside the premises at #500.
Signed into the building at 11.22am. Everything was swift, no queues, happy I didn't pay for the Premium Lounge, would have been a waste.
I finished and was out of TLS at 11.45am. I was given a Lebara Uk SIM card upon submission of passport.

Good luck everyone.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hakanyeter: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
hello, my friend will apply for a scale up visa.Is what is written in the article below correct?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please it's URGENT my people

how do I get Police report from UK, I just got a NSF
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Davinton:

She is on her last 10yrs( private route) period before she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. We have been advised to apply for spousal visa since we are married. I checked the UK website nothing saying for or against it but I'd I appreciate you or someone that has same experience to point me to the right direction.
Thank you.
Uploaded is her type of visa status and didn't say much about marriage but says his/her family member can apply on the same application.
I’m afraid you’ll have to continue with professional help as I don’t want to mislead you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnecee: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please I’ll appreciate any help I can get;

We want to go on a family vacation in July-August but these are my challenges;

1) I earn somewhere around 6m annually after tax but I do not keep funds in my salary account. I transfer to my PiggyVest app, save a portion and fund my account on need be basis. I have approximately 5m in PiggyVest locked savings and a domiciliary account with about $1,100;
2) My husband is employed but his salary is not up to a 100k and they owe him sometimes for months so the inflow is not regular. He has two side businesses; one registered and the other is more of consulting. He also has land;
3) I’ve been to the Uk before (2014) for study and didn’t violate any immigration laws, we travelled as a family last year to Kenya for holidays. I’ve also been to Dubai a couple of times. The Kenya trip was my husband’s first international trip.

4) we both have family in the UK

We have one infant, less than 2years old

So my question is;

1) given my challenges, what are the chances of us getting an approval? If it’s possible how do we structure our application ?
3) Does a lump some transfer from me to me raise red flags?
2) can we do the application ourselves or do we just use an agent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
charmingsamson:
Visitor Visa
DHL collection 13th Jan

Priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by charmingsamson(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Standard
nwaogukings03:

Priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nnecee:

1) I earn somewhere around 6m annually after tax but I do not keep funds in my salary account. I transfer to my PiggyVest app, save a portion and fund my account on need be basis. I have approximately 5m in PiggyVest locked savings and a domiciliary account with about $1,100;
2) My husband is employed but his salary is not up to a 100k and they owe him sometimes for months so the inflow is not regular. He has two side businesses; one registered and the other is more of consulting. He also has land;
3) I’ve been to the Uk before (2014) for study and didn’t violate any immigration laws, we travelled as a family last year to Kenya for holidays. I’ve also been to Dubai a couple of times. The Kenya trip was my husband’s first international trip.

So my question is;

1) given my challenges, what are the chances of us getting an approval? If it’s possible how do we structure our application ?
3) Does a lump some transfer from me to me raise red flags?

You both have a good travel history and don't complicate things for yourself by making a lump sum deposit. But given the fact that you have been saving for years, such a transaction should be in your statement of account.
Can piggyvest provide SOA for you?
You have to ensure his business is active on CAC by doing a search (search.cac.gov.ng).
That should also be his tie to Nigeria if he has been doing transactions with the business and have a cooperate account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nnecee:

So my question is;

1) given my challenges, what are the chances of us getting an approval? If it’s possible how do we structure our application ? - This is what I would do and I don't suggest it is the best method. i would simply sponsor the whole family and use my statements of account. However, your husband will still need to provide his own statement(s) of account and other documents relating to his business and employment. You will most likely get the visa. Fill the forms carefully and be consistent with your answers across the three forms. Also, it might be helpful if you include a cover letter to provide details of why you want to travel to the UK, what you intend to do there, your ties to Nigeria and your financial status.
3) Does a lump some transfer from me to me raise red flags? - I would not advise you to do that. It actually doesn't add any value (in my opinion) and might cause unnecesary scrutiny of your application
I recommend that you do it yourselves. We often hear of cases where agents cause issues for their clients. [/b]
[b]-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
babylawyr:

Visa Alert!!

Signed into the building at 11.22am. Everything was swift, no queues, happy I didn't pay for the Premium Lounge, would have been a waste.
I finished and was out of TLS at 11.45am. I was given a Lebara Uk SIM card upon submission of passport.

Documents submitted!
Letter of employment.
Invitation letter of sponsorship from my company in Uk with reason for the business trip.
Six months Payslips
Accommodation booking.

Good luck everyone.

Exactly what I submitted, but mine is self sponsored. Good luck to me.
Hi everybody
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jayfierce(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sylvialucy:
Pls I need help I did my biometrics since October at TLS Ikeja. I did not pay from the onset for DHL to deliver it to me which I later paid for it after decision was made. Last 2 weeks I got a call from TLS that I requested for DHL dat de place I was supposed to put the payment receipt was where I wrote my address dat I should correct it which I called de Lady dat did it for me and she corrected it immediately since den I have not heard from them. We have called severally no picking even sent email to them no response. Pls what can I do. Since November till now I HV not gotten my passport and I'm far from Lagos state. Pls I need help.
If you did the payment in DHL then maybe you should call them.

I called them concerning our passports to find out they took them back their service Center in Port Harcourt. It was initially sent to Asaba wrongly. I asked them why they could not just send it to Warri from Asaba and they said protocol. undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hey guys, kindly advise.

I want to go to the UK on a 5-day vacation in May. A company sponsored vacation as part of benefits/entitlement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hi, around what time did you get there for collection?
babylawyr:

Visa Alert!!

Documents submitted!
Letter of employment.
Six months Payslips
Accommodation booking.

Good luck everyone.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
Afar autumn have you collected your passport it’s Visa?

27autumn:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
12.11pm today.

Collection time is 9am -3pm Monday- Friday
27autumn:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mopelola15: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
charmingsamson:
Visitor Visa
DHL collection 13th Jan

Congratulations. Which TLS centre was this? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by wunmi2023: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I will appreciate your response to my questions, I applied for UK visa in 2018[ me and child] spouse was not included but used his funds which was in my account for the application but it was not stated in my application, therefore I was denied because according to the visa officer that my salary should not have gotten me the savings because I had only worked for less than 2yrs in the ministry. I was a state civil servant then. Presently we are PR holder in Canada and I want to apply for UK visa for myself and child, spouse will not be included due to work schedule, I have savings for the trip.
my questions is as follows

Do I include spouse even if he is not coming

Do I say it is spouse that is sponsoring the trip even when the money is in my account

Do I say I have a friend/family there when I denied that I do not know any one in UK in my previous application.

Do I ask my friend to send me an invite putting in my mind I said I don't have a friend/family in UK

How much do I need to have in the account to apply for the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arrywendie(f): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please, I have an issue. My husband did his biometrics on the 8th of December and he got his BRP mail on the 24th of December but no collection mail since then. As his dependent, I have picked my own passport. We have had to move our flights twice. Please what can be done as time is going. We have escalated severally and even gone to TLS Ikeja as well. Please, is there anyone in this situation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.