Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846077 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
I went there, my passport isn't ready yet according to them, when they checked.

When I went to see one of them letting him know I got a Successful BRP mail since last 3 weeks, he said I shd collect enquiry slip.

It was the same paid call and paid mail numbers.

Olivia101:
Hi
Please, how did you get someone to listen to you at TLS? .I'm in the same situation, got a successful BRP letter on the 21st of November, till date I'm yet to receive my passport. I've sent several mails and UKVI has replied on different occasion saying they have told my VAC to release my passport. Please who do I meet at TLS to show the letter. My employer is worried.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2023
Those workers that don't have time for anyone.

They will just tell u to call UKVI and give enquiry slip.

ijeshaoflondon:

print the letter and ho to the submission centre...Meet with those security guys and those ladies checking appointment booking. they should help .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olivia101: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2023
Same here, I've been there severally. All they keep saying is, my passport is still at DMC. All I need is a contact person at TLS that can help track and maybe fast track the process. quote author=OptimisticK post=120158695]

When I went to see one of them letting him know I got a Successful BRP mail since last 3 weeks, he said I shd collect enquiry slip.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
Which tls ?

Olivia101:
Same here, I've been there severally. All they keep saying is, my passport is still at DMC. All I need is a contact person at TLS that can help track and maybe fast track the process. quote author=OptimisticK post=120158695]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olivia101: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
[quote author=OptimisticK post=120158971]Which tls

VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
Alright, thank you so much for your time.

dupyshoo:
I just can't find under which category you will apply. Maybe you should ask the lawyer before commiting yourself. What I am sure of is that it os definitely not spouse visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thanks ijesha, if I remove feeding and transportation? Should I still show my Est. Cost of trip on my cover letter without feeding and transportation? I hope ECo can't say that I don't have plan for feeding and transportation?

ijeshaoflondon:

Remove feeding and transportation.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:
Thanks ijesha, if I remove feeding and transportation? Should I still show my Est. Cost of trip on my cover letter without feeding and transportation? I hope ECo can't say that I don't have plan for feeding and transportation?

Wait a minute, Did u use oanda exchange rate or black market?

Flight
accomodation
Bta

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
I used oando rate, and should I just write BTA on Estimated trip cost or only Accomodation and flight?

[quote author=ijeshaoflondon post=120162692][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
Contact youfitfly they are doing advertising on Kenya and some other Africa country, they charged 100k for Kenya visa.

mascot231:

Helllo pls anyone knows more about kenya �� travels .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mindrenew: 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
Olivia101:
Hi
Please, how did you get someone to listen to you at TLS? .I'm in the same situation, got a successful BRP letter on the 21st of November, till date I'm yet to receive my passport. I've sent several mails and UKVI has replied on different occasion saying they have told my VAC to release my passport. Please who do I meet at TLS to show the letter. My employer is worried.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance �

Hi Olivia any head way with your application,similar suitation brp mail received and still at DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
giselle237:
3.6m as budget for 7 days.. pls how much do you earn monthly? This is too much. U want to clear out all ur money in just 1 week? 7200 pounds for 1 week. I am afraid oo. As you have done biometrics ALREADY.. there’s no advice to give as it is late. Wait for the outcome. Good chances if your income is at least twice this amount +/- acceptable travel history

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate. Definitely i wont spend all of it even UKVI knows, it covers majorly flight to and fro, hotel for 7 days and some flex like live football match and other tours. Hopefully the visa comes through. But what would have been the advice please so i can heed to it just in case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate. Definitely i wont spend all of it even UKVI knows, it covers majorly flight to and fro, hotel for 7 days and some flex like live football match and other tours. Hopefully the visa comes through. But what would have been the advice please so i can heed to it just in case

Honestly, that budget is a lot. I hope you have a bank closing balance that’s at least 4x that amount. I think next time draw your budget without flights especially if that’s what inflated the total like this. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
geolan:

3.6m for a 7 days trip is definitely too much. Even too much for a 14 days trip. Whichever ways, I wish you goodluck and God’s favor in your application.

I was advised to put that amount as two people from my church put similar amounts around 3m - 3.5m to spend 7 days in london.
Thank you brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
ijeshaoflondon:

3.6m is damn too much ... kilode... You had better Cancel the application and forego the application fee.. then reapply with a better budget...

Let me see the outcome first. Surprises do happen in this visa applications, we both know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
thelma76:

Honestly, that budget is a lot. I hope you have a bank closing balance that’s at least 4x that amount. I think next time draw your budget without flights especially if that’s what inflated the total like this. Goodluck

Flight to and fro inflated it to that amount. Thanks for the advice. Fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:

I was advised to put that amount as two people from my church put similar amounts around 3m - 3.5m to spend 7 days in london.
Thank you brother

And they got their 6months visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Longjonjoe:

And they got their 6months visas
okay but u said ur company account balance is 2m and ur savings account balance is 3.6m.. and ur budget is 3.6m
What we are saying is that you can’t clear out your account balance to go for a 7 days trip… what would you feed on when you come back? it might have happened for your friends but scenarios are different etc .. all the best for now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 1:38am On Jan 19, 2023
Is Estimated cost of trip below ok for disposable income of 450k monthly, while 2 month disposable income is 900k .

Ticket 2ways : 450,000 :. £810.655
Accommodate for 8 days :. £433.79
Feeding: (8 days £30/day):. £240
Transport(8 days£15/day):. £120
Tour/miscellaneous :. £ 170

Total Est. Cost trip : £ 1,774.445 : NGN 983,092 @ £1: 554.028

( Within central London)

With closing balance of 4m plus

Is my budget for 2 way flight ticket for 450k [/b]ok? Because I don't want my trip cost too high or too low

Please house I need your contribution on my Est. Cost trip for [b]8 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 5:36am On Jan 19, 2023
giselle237:
okay but u said ur company account balance is 2m and ur savings account balance is 3.6m.. and ur budget is 3.6m
What we are saying is that you can’t clear out your account balance to go for a 7 days trip… what would you feed on when you come back? it might have happened for your friends but scenarios are different etc .. all the best for now.

Thank you for the response, i am the sole signatory of both accounts and my tax is a PAYE tax, i dont pay any staff, i pay only myself. So the company account funds is also on my reach. I appreciate your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 7:51am On Jan 19, 2023
Total budget was 1.37M for 20 days trip. I did a daily itinerary as well, researched places to visit and did a budget breakdown as well. Opening and closing balance was about 200k each but I submitted my savings account as well, with more than enough in it.

Documents
Husband passport, BRP and school I'd
Letter of invitation from husband with consent to accommodate and his tenancy agreement
Employment letter and letter of intro from employer
Merged cover letter, renumeration statement, payslips, savings statement and salary statement together in that order
Then submitted cover letter separately again.

Note. My account was in chaos, so I had to explain alotttttt, basicly everything from how my salary and even expenses wasn't consistent, my lump sums and debits over 200k that are not expenses.

AskGod07:
Wow wow I’m very very happy for you autumn, pls if I may ask how much you stated as your travel cost? Do you draw a budget for your travel cost ? What’s your closing balance and opening balance ?

Pls can you list all the doc submitted autumn

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2023
Longjonjoe:
Thank you for the response, i am the sole signatory of both accounts and my tax is a PAYE tax, i dont pay any staff, i pay only myself. So the company account funds is also on my reach. I appreciate your response
company account funds is for the business and not for your vacation sir.
Like I said, there’s nothing we should be saying to you as it’s late. Goodluck once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:52am On Jan 19, 2023
Beautynm1:
Good afternoon everyone
I was given 6month visa last year to go visit my husband and the visa expire 11th of January 2023.Have been to the Uk twice and I came back 5th of January. Please can I apply for 2years visit visa with the same document submitted before ?
obviously not same documents as some maybe outdated but yes you can follow same process and if your liver + overall circumstances carry you… apply for even 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hammedyusuf: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

NIN number and passport number are two different things. Leave the space for NIN number blank if you don’t have it.

I fear before. Because k recently change my DOB which is more than 5 years and I was told it will take 8 weeks till effect. I was scared if they requested for NIN and i could not provide it or if I use the NIN number like that it affect my visa. But this gave me relief. Right now is to just leave it black or fill in my passport number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nylelab22: 9:06am On Jan 19, 2023
Hello house, I have a UK visa and I applied for my mum to travel with me to the UK(total budget GBP1,800) but she was refused. I will be covering all her travel expenses and I wrote a cover letter stating all these also attached my bank statements. She is retired and gets upkeep of N200k monthly from me and also earns from pensions(about 300k a year) plus some other cash gifts from other relatives, her closing balance at the time of application was over 800k. As a result, I stated that her yearly income is N2.6m and that she spends 110k monthly.
I also attached a cover letter to her application, stating that I will be covering her expenses and spelling out each payment that was sent as upkeep and by who, I also explained all deposits over 50k.
Please help review this refusal letter and how I can better address this in the future.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2023
Wow that sound great and luck for you, Is your total budget of 1.37M is within your 2 month disposable income ? How much do you allocated for your flight ticket 2 ways ?

27autumn:
Total budget was 1.37M for 20 days trip. I did a daily itinerary as well, researched places to visit and did a budget breakdown as well. Opening and closing balance was about 200k each but I submitted my savings account as well, with more than enough in it.

Documents
Husband passport, BRP and school I'd
Letter of invitation from husband with consent to accommodate and his tenancy agreement
Employment letter and letter of intro from employer
Merged cover letter, renumeration statement, payslips, savings statement and salary statement together in that order
Then submitted cover letter separately again.

Note. My account was in chaos, so I had to explain alotttttt, basicly everything from how my salary and even expenses wasn't consistent, my lump sums and debits over 200k that are not expenses.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2023
AskGod07:
Wow that sound great and luck for you, Is your total budget of 1.37M is within your 2 month disposable income ? How much do you allocated for your flight ticket 2 ways ?

Yes my budget was just about 2 months disposable income. My flight was about 700k. I'm not paying for accommodation since I'm staying with my husband.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Callmed: 10:36am On Jan 19, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:18am On Jan 19, 2023
Quick question: is biometrics done in each and every UK visa application even if you've done it before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:21am On Jan 19, 2023
Hammedyusuf:

I fear before. Because k recently change my DOB which is more than 5 years and I was told it will take 8 weeks till effect. I was scared if they requested for NIN and i could not provide it or if I use the NIN number like that it affect my visa. But this gave me relief. Right now is to just leave it black or fill in my passport number.

There's nothing to fear because the NIN number has nothing to do with the outcome of a visa application.

The NIN number and passport number are two different pieces of information, so don’t fill them out or use the passport number as the NIN number. Leave it blank if you don’t have it; that is better than giving out misleading information.

Moreover, getting a NIN number these days is as easy as ABC.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 11:22am On Jan 19, 2023
Thanks, your info is really helpful. How much is your salary and how much you spend monthly? Sorry for too much questions? Lastly do you declared your total balance in your personal account as your saving on your application ?

[quote author=27autumn post=120178714][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
nwaogukings03:
Quick question: is biometrics done in each and every UK visa application even if you've done it before?

Yes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.