Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829233 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Congratulations dear.
Was it superior or priority

Hi guys,

I got my passport delivered to me today (i paid for courier service at the biometric center) with my visa stamped on it ooo ge ge!

Thank you all for your input on all my questions (especially on my 11 page cover letter which i eventually reduced to 8 pages grin ).

I believe the cover letter made the ECO grant me the visa, because, the only Major thing that has changed between 2019 when i got a refusal and now, is that my savings increased by 50%, every other detail remains constant.

Biometric Date: 28th February 2023 (Application was transferred to UKVI on the same day)

Venue: Ikeja Lagos

"Visa application currently under consideration" mail: 2nd March 2023

"Shipment out for delivery" mail from DHL: 13th March 2023

Passport delivery/Receipt : Today, 14thMarch 2023

"Travel document ready for collection" & "Travel document returned by courier" mail: Came in after i had received my passport (obviously smiley )

Thank you all.

[/quote]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2023
Reason i don’t want to go back and forth with Giselle. I don’t have the energy to Shalaye.

hunee:
Bros, be calming down. Before now, there were alot of issues as regards passport validity and being able to travel with it. I dont know when you started traveling, but my first international trip was 6 years ago. So, i am talking based on what used to be on ground. This a learning platform, stop ruling out other people's opinion. Let make here more suggestive, interactive and educative. Just my 2cent. Shalom
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2023
Which number did you call? Pls share

mikky099:
I called them yesterday and they say I will get a response before Wednesday and if I do not, I should call them back so they can escalate it. I have been to the UK before, actually last year, so it was very surprising that I have not received the request to submit my passport. O well we wait...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 11:25am On Mar 15, 2023
Sylvialucy:

Congratulations dear.

Not (super) priority. It's Standard visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
hunee:
Bros, be calming down. Before now, there were alot of issues as regards passport validity and being able to travel with it. I dont know when you started traveling, but my first international trip was 6 years ago
So, i am talking based on what used to be on ground. This a learning platform, stop ruling out other people's opinion. Let make here more suggestive, interactive and educative. Just my 2cent. Shalom
this is not the topic of discourse but if you must know this is my 19th year of international travel not by my power. Oga calm down.. nothing like what you mentioned… shalom x 20

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2023
giselle237:
this is not the topic of discourse but if you must know this is my 19th year of international travel not by my power. Oga calm down.. nothing like what you mentioned… shalom x 20

You don travel the whole world be that o grin
Easy bros
Your wife go dey try.
Enjoy yourself jare
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2023
Wow ok dear
I tap from your blessings

Not (super) priority. It's Standard visa.[/quote]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2023
Good morning everyone, pls I need your urgent response. I am about to go for my biometrics this week. I noticed my statement of account is over 1000 pages( 12months period), is there an alternative way of submitting it( online submission) or I have to print and take that much to the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Davinton:
Good morning everyone, pls I need your urgent response. I am about to go for my biometrics this week. I noticed my statement of account is over 1000 pages( 12months period), is there an alternative way of submitting it( online submission) or I have to print and take that much to the embassy?
I would say 6months statement period will suffice except you have a special reason why you want to submit 12months.

To answer your question you scan it and attach to your application or take a hard copy if you paid for the 12,500 add on service via tls which case they will help you scan it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teedol: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thanks for your contribuition am now in the UK. I hope others can use this as a reference. I got my visa with an international passportt 4 months to expire, and traveled with 11weeks to expire passport.

abuhusna1:

You are honestly good to go. Once you get to the uk you can renew uk is not like other European country that asks for 6 months moreso once you get to the uk you hardly need your nigeria passport except you wanna travel outside uk so you can renew in the UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davinton: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
My lawyer specifically requested for 12months statement of account, as he said the 6months isn't enough.

I paid 12,300 not sure if it's add on service. As the payment was done on my behalf. The online application has been submitted and there was no room to scan and attach to the application.

I would say 6months statement period will suffice except you have a special reason why you want to submit 12months.

To answer your question you scan it and attach to your application or take a hard copy if you paid for the 12,500 add on service via tls which case they will help you scan it.
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maestro03: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
hunee:
Bros, be calming down. Before now, there were alot of issues as regards passport validity and being able to travel with it. I dont know when you started traveling, but my first international trip was 6 years ago. So, i am talking based on what used to be on ground. This a learning platform, stop ruling out other people's opinion. Let make here more suggestive, interactive and educative. Just my 2cent. Shalom

The funny thing is that I've never heard of this 6 months to expiration thingy for traveling (i.e crossing the border) I know it's in place for Visa issuance and that's logical. But for travelling and crossing the border? Never heard that before. You can cross the border with 1 day to expiration sef. So far as when you are crossing the document is still valid and your visa still valid. They don't care about the validity of your passport when you are exiting. Now an airline can stop you if on the date you are departing naija your passport is valid but by the time you arrive at the border it would have expired.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Horlaidey007:
You are not good to go oo. Your passport should have at least 6month validity before you travel. Do your renewal ASAP
Hi Horlaidey007,
Granted some countries require that passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of trip and airlines will not allow you to board.

For Uk they can accept passport once it is valid for when you will be travelling to and entering the UK.
giselle237:
pls stop giving wrong advice!! I have travelled with passport with only 2 weeks to go!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tutu82(f): 8:53pm On Mar 14

hunee:

it happens in rare cases, not until recent moves by the FG to assauge travelers concern as regards. Before now , it was quite difficult.

Thinking about it Hunee,there might be some substance to what you are saying but these rare cases are not solely based on the passport nearing expiration other variables come into play.

Let’s say for example, A Tourist not having a return ticket to tender when being asked randomly by border control at Heathrow and it is then noticed he has say two months left it’s a red flag as to his intention of returning.

As to the FG ever stepping in remember when BA hiked their prices,cut the menu and had increased Racist incidents nobody assuaged, they just made whisper like noises and that was it nothing was done.No protection for us

maestro03:

The funny thing is that I've never heard of this 6 months to expiration thingy for traveling (i.e crossing the border) I know it's in place for Visa issuance and that's logical. But for travelling and crossing the border? Never heard that before. You can cross the border with 1 day to expiration sef. So far as when you are crossing the document is still valid and your visa still valid. They don't care about the validity of your passport when you are exiting. Now an airline can stop you if on the date you are departing naija your passport is valid but by the time you arrive at the border it would have expired.

I repeat again. For many carrying expired and about to passports around, do what you have to and get a renewal.
I am not a border control officer, or a visa officer but from my travel experience , you are safer when you travel around or apply for visas with valid documents.

(Cases are not same)
Policies do change, and no one will call you for that meeting prior announcement. Renew your documents and be safe.

No further responses on this from me.
Thank you all for your contributions.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sylvialucy:

Congratulations dear.

Hi guys,

I got my passport delivered to me today (i paid for courier service at the biometric center) with my visa stamped on it ooo ge ge!

Thank you all for your input on all my questions (especially on my 11 page cover letter which i eventually reduced to 8 pages grin ).

I believe the cover letter made the ECO grant me the visa, because, the only Major thing that has changed between 2019 when i got a refusal and now, is that my savings increased by 50%, every other detail remains constant.

Biometric Date: 28th February 2023 (Application was transferred to UKVI on the same day)

Venue: Ikeja Lagos

"Visa application currently under consideration" mail: 2nd March 2023

"Shipment out for delivery" mail from DHL: 13th March 2023

Passport delivery/Receipt : Today, 14thMarch 2023

"Travel document ready for collection" & "Travel document returned by courier" mail: Came in after i had received my passport (obviously smiley )

Thank you all.

Please I want to start my passport processing, how do I go about it, I live in Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ocube: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Visa Alert for a family of three

Submitted upload documents on the 27th February, 2023 (as I opted for self-service)
Went for biometrics on the 28th February, 2023 @ Ikeja (Flex appointment), and the waiting began though patiently. I have kind of envisage receipt of outcome at this time owing to past visa alert updates shared recently.

My wife received her passport on Tuesday 14th March, 2023 with six month visa via courier (Passport had been transferred to VAC as @ Friday 10th March, 2023 from TLS tracker, picked by DHL same day and I got a mail on Monday from DHL with tracking number. Attempt to deliver it on Monday failed because they couldn’t reach me)

Myself and son received ours on Wednesday15th March, 2023 with two years and six month visa respectively. (Passports were transferred to VAC on Tuesday 14th March, 2023, picked same day by DHL for onward delivery the next day)

A big thanks to all for sharing experiences and giving answers to the many questions to provide clarity. These have indeed helped in a great measure to achieve this without the use of an agent.
Thank you and God bless you all.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenyangirl1: 8:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Hi everyone, I have 4 names on my passport. My first name, 2 middle names and my surname. I was recently granted a 2 year UK Visitor visa.

The ‘name’ bit on the vignette captures all 4 of my names and matches those on my passport. For purposes of illustration I shall use Johnson Doe Allison Marianne.

However, at the bottom on the Machine Readable Area, only <<Johnson<<Doe <<Allison<< appear.

In my 2 previous visas, the machine readable area had all 4 of my names but one of my middle names was incomplete. It appeared as <<Johnson<<Doe <<Allison <<Mari<<

On my Tier 4 visa BRP, the back read as <<Johnson<<Doe <<A <<M<<

I never had an issue when entering the UK.

Do you think I would have a hard time with immigration? And if so, how do I go about having the second middle name included?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
Hmm 😒 grin

Diplomats everywhere...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dionpholly(m): 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
good evening everyone Thanks to the great minds in the house,pls i wl like to ask little question about work permit visa.
1.i noticed no body is saying anything on it on this thread.
2 is it too compliocating to Acquire.
and
3. how can i go about it.
i wish to relocate to Uk and the only relative i had over there is a friend to me.is there a way he could be of help.
THANKS EVERYONE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:15am On Mar 16, 2023
dionpholly:
good evening everyone Thanks to the great minds in the house,pls i wl like to ask little question about work permit visa.
1.i noticed no body is saying anything on it on this thread.
2 is it too compliocating to Acquire.
and
3. how can i go about it.
i wish to relocate to Uk and the only relative i had over there is a friend to me.is there a way he could be of help.
THANKS EVERYONE

Go to this thread you will find enough recruiting persons there- https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/355

That above thread is dedicated for work related queries. This thread is for diplomats and tourists.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ezegold4we: 6:47am On Mar 16, 2023
UK IMMIGRATION ANNOUNCEMENTS | 3 IMPORTANT UK VISA UPDATES AND CHANGES FOR 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZVzwlnFq4

Pls Honourable in the house, will this new immigration policy on annual salary increment affect a COS Care support giver at the point of entry into UK whose Offer letter came with an annual salary of £22,500 before this new salary policy and the person will be traveling by this month ending?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Marviana: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2023
Yes i stated my other nationality and inputted my passport's information.

You can use your other passport as long as it was acquired legitimately. In your previous application, did you state your other nationality?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

Please I want to start my passport processing, how do I go about it, I live in Lagos

Passport or Visa?

For passport, go to the passport office at Ikoyi (Check for the address on google).

For visa, maybe you go through the posts, from first page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Marviana: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2023
Ok, thank you. Other citizenship is Senegalese. Also, if i have just 5 months validity left on my Nigerian passport, can i still reapply for a Uk visa while renewing the passport? Thank you.
Tutu82:

It is possible to use your other passport to apply for a UK visit visa in any country,whether you are resident there or not.

You will still have to declare the refusal on your application form as your name and biometrics already identify you.It will take longer to process your application as you are not resident in the country of the passport you are using so extra scrutiny.

What country is your dual citizenship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Zambezi2020:

Passport or Visa?

For passport, go to the passport office at Ikoyi (Check for the address on google).

For visa, maybe you go through the posts, from first page.

Passport sir, I stay in ikorodu and I am ff the DIY, I know there re 3 immigration offices in Lagos

Ikoyi, Festac and Alausa I think the closet to me is Alausa so what is the first thing to do now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2023
Heathrow44:
Passport sir, I stay in ikorodu and I am ff the DIY, I know there re 3 immigration offices in Lagos . Ikoyi, Festac and Alausa I think the closet to me is Alausa so what is the first thing to do now
have you ever had a passport? Also do you have NIN?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
giselle237:
have you ever had a passport? Also do you have NIN?

No, I have never owned a passport and I have a NIN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Heathrow44:
No, I have never owned a passport and I have a NIN
The names and details on ur NIN hope they are correct and what u want to use on ur passport?

https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/669

Check here for up to date information
U can pay online for it by yourself, don’t use any agent.
Any questions or bits you don’t understand, ask on that thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
giselle237:

The names and details on ur NIN hope they are correct and what u want to use on ur passport?

yay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Middeyy: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
My brother was sent an email from ukvi that his visa and that of his family has been approved. He got a message from TLS to come pick up the passports. But On getting there. He was told that Ukvi asked that his wife’s passport be returned. He was able to collect his passport and that of his kids. It’s bn over a week now. He has not received any email that the passport has bn returned to TLS. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong and how long it will take for them to return the passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peterdapox: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Middeyy:
My brother was sent an email from ukvi that his visa and that of his family has been approved. He got a message from TLS to come pick up the passports. But On getting there. He was told that Ukvi asked that his wife’s passport be returned. He was able to collect his passport and that of his kids. It’s bn over a week now. He has not received any email that the passport has bn returned to TLS. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong and how long it will take for them to return the passport?

Give more details to your history.
Like is the passport almost expiring?
When was your biometric?
Is the main applicant etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
congrat what are the documents submited

ocube:
Visa Alert for a family of three

Submitted upload documents on the 27th February, 2023 (as I opted for self-service)
Went for biometrics on the 28th February, 2023 @ Ikeja (Flex appointment), and the waiting began though patiently. I have kind of envisage receipt of outcome at this time owing to past visa alert updates shared recently.

My wife received her passport on Tuesday 14th March, 2023 with six month visa via courier (Passport had been transferred to VAC as @ Friday 10th March, 2023 from TLS tracker, picked by DHL same day and I got a mail on Monday from DHL with tracking number. Attempt to deliver it on Monday failed because they couldn’t reach me)

Myself and son received ours on Wednesday15th March, 2023 with two years and six month visa respectively. (Passports were transferred to VAC on Tuesday 14th March, 2023, picked same day by DHL for onward delivery the next day)

A big thanks to all for sharing experiences and giving answers to the many questions to provide clarity. These have indeed helped in a great measure to achieve this without the use of an agent.
Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by phenzy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Teesside has offered me admission for a 2 yrs masters course but I am confused am I going to pay for two years IHS during my visa app or the normal one year ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: ace101, drdamy(m), Arise01 and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73