Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829014 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teedol: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good evening great pple, pls this is super urgent, I got a dependent visa(tier2) with a passport that is less than 6 months to expire. Am planning on travelling with the same passport and it's now 2 days less than 3 months to expire. Am I good to go?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
You are not good to go oo. Your passport should have at least 6month validity before you travel. Do your renewal ASAP

Teedol:
Good evening great pple, pls this is super urgent, I got a dependent visa(tier2) with a passport that is less than 6 months to expire. Am planning on travelling with the same passport and it's now 2 days less than 3 months to expire. Am I good to go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dionpholly(m): 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
No one is talking about working Permit visa here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Baba1010: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hi Guys, just in a bit of a panic here. I have just bought a return KLM ticket for my parents to UK only to discover they require a transit visa. Alongside their UK visit visa, they have valid Schengen visas but not a Transit Visa, Can someone kindly confirm they are able to use the Schengen? Do we still need to apply for an Air transit visa?

Many thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sandra50(f): 12:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Please how much is a dependant visa for a wife?thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 1:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Valid Schengen visas is perfect, It doesn't actually have to be "Transit Visa" It just have to be a "Schengen visa"

Baba1010:
Hi Guys, just in a bit of a panic here. I have just bought a return KLM ticket for my parents to UK only to discover they require a transit visa. Alongside their UK visit visa, they have valid Schengen visas but not a Transit Visa, Can someone kindly confirm they are able to use the Schengen? Do we still need to apply for an Air transit visa?

Many thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 4:26am On Mar 14, 2023
Baba1010:

Many thanks in advance

They are good to go. No need applying for another visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abuhusna1: 4:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Teedol:
You are honestly good to go. Once you get to the uk you can renew uk is not like other European country that asks for 6 months moreso once you get to the uk you hardly need your nigeria passport except you wanna travel outside uk so you can renew in uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Horlaidey007:
You are not good to go oo. Your passport should have at least 6month validity before you travel. Do your renewal ASAP
pls stop giving wrong advice!! I have travelled with passport with only 2 weeks to go!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PMID: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Good morning dear all, pls I am trying to fill a 3 weeks visitor visa for my retired mother inlaw. Pls I need guidance on the attached picture. I am sponsoring my mother in law. Is it the total cost of sponsoring her trip or only the portion she will contribute to the trip?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sugarlippsjojo: 9:35am On Mar 14, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Wakanow is great if you are certain of your travel dates. They offer good prices and discounts but date change requests etc can be difficult and largely more expensive with them.

Skyscanner is a super aggregating search engine i.e. they are able to pull and display multiple airlines selling tickets to your destination (think google flights).

They don't sell tickets, so if you find a ticket option that works for you, you'll have to buy it from any of the third party OTAs or through the website of the airline they've displayed. Just be sure you understand the terms of the tickets sold through those third party sites and ensure to read reviews before buying from them.

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Okay sir..

giselle237:
pls stop giving wrong advice!! I have travelled with passport with only 2 weeks to go!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 14, 2023
Horlaidey007:

Hi Horlaidey007,
Granted some countries require that passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of trip and airlines will not allow you to board.

For Uk they can accept passport once it is valid for when you will be travelling to and entering the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chomzy19(f): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
Tutu82:

It is not compulsory but important,as it shows attention to details and that you know exactly what you want to do.
I would say it gives the caseworker a clearer picture.Cheers!.
Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mbarue: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
Good baba please a quick one i and my wife had our TB on Wednesday and Biometrics on Thursday travel back to east on Friday last week only to get an email form TLS saying our travel Documents are ready for collections what doz this means please like something positive right
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
giselle237:

it happens in rare cases, not until recent moves by the FG to assauge travelers concern as regards. Before now , it was quite difficult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chomzy19(f): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Africankel:

It is important you include an itinerary. My assistant was recently refused for the same reason.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chomzy19(f): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Another question good people of this House. If a husband and wife is applying to travel together do they need to reference the other person’s application number in their letter/statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
hunee:
it happens in rare cases, not until recent moves by the FG to assauge travelers concern as regards. Before now , it was quite difficult.
nothing like this… Who would stop you? Certainly not UK govt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikky099: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
I called them yesterday and they say I will get a response before Wednesday and if I do not, I should call them back so they can escalate it. I have been to the UK before, actually last year, so it was very surprising that I have not received the request to submit my passport. O well we wait...

Horlaidey007:
I have similar situation. Myself and hubby also did bio on the 17 February, I have gotten my visa while I still wait for my hubby he also did “keep my passport “ mine came in just 10 days after I’m a bit worried for my hubby because it’s is first time application while mine is renewal. But is it possible one person is denied even though we made the application together?

quote author=mikky099 post=121634762]Hello Guys,

Please I need guidance, My Wife and I applied for a visitors visa 6 months on the 17th. We chose hold my Passport, my wife got her reply on Monday and now has her passport stamped with the visa today. I still haven't gotten a response, even though i am the primary sponsor etc. Today makes it 15days. we want to go on the trip together, what do you guys advise i do.

Many thanks,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
I believe
Ur passport is ready for collection.
Was it superior or priority u did.

mbarue:
Good baba please a quick one i and my wife had our TB on Wednesday and Biometrics on Thursday travel back to east on Friday last week only to get an email form TLS saying our travel Documents are ready for collections what doz this means please like something positive right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bros, be calming down. Before now, there were alot of issues as regards passport validity and being able to travel with it. I dont know when you started traveling, but my first international trip was 6 years ago. So, i am talking based on what used to be on ground. This a learning platform, stop ruling out other people's opinion. Let make here more suggestive, interactive and educative. Just my 2cent. Shalom
giselle237:
nothing like this… Who would stop you? Certainly not UK govt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
Pls is dere any one here dat did his or her biometrics on de 6th of dis month.
Visit visa
superior
Any update yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ATPx: 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Submitted and did biometrics today 14.03
Abuja
6 months - Visit
First timer.
I will comeback to this post🙏🏽

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Zambezi2020:
Good day all,
How many pages should a cover letter be?
My cover letter is 11 pages. Is it okay? or should i remove/delete some things from it?
My proof/source of fund explanation is 8 pages because i needed to explain how money is transferred amongst my 3 bank accounts.
Is it too much?
Kindly advise.

Hi guys,

I got my passport delivered to me today (i paid for courier service at the biometric center) with my visa stamped on it ooo ge ge!

Thank you all for your input on all my questions (especially on my 11 page cover letter which i eventually reduced to 8 pages grin ).

I believe the cover letter made the ECO grant me the visa, because, the only Major thing that has changed between 2019 when i got a refusal and now, is that my savings increased by 50%, every other detail remains constant.

Biometric Date: 28th February 2023 (Application was transferred to UKVI on the same day)

Venue: Ikeja Lagos

"Visa application currently under consideration" mail: 2nd March 2023

"Shipment out for delivery" mail from DHL: 13th March 2023

Passport delivery/Receipt : Today, 14thMarch 2023

"Travel document ready for collection" & "Travel document returned by courier" mail: Came in after i had received my passport (obviously smiley )

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
Correct.
Congratulations.
ATPx:
Submitted and did biometrics today 14.03
Abuja
6 months - Visit
First timer.
I will comeback to this post🙏🏽
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PMID: 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
Pls where can I find requirements for bringing parents to visit the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
hunee:

Thinking about it Hunee,there might be some substance to what you are saying but these rare cases are not solely based on the passport nearing expiration other variables come into play.

Let’s say for example, A Tourist not having a return ticket to tender when being asked randomly by border control at Heathrow and it is then noticed he has say two months left it’s a red flag as to his intention of returning.

As to the FG ever stepping in remember when BA hiked their prices,cut the menu and had increased Racist incidents nobody assuaged, they just made whisper like noises and that was it nothing was done.No protection for us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
PMID:
Pls where can I find requirements for bringing parents to visit the UK
I believe this link is what you need;

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
I totally agree. However in recent times, there have been improvements. I remember there was time when you could not travel, with a day expired passport. It was a problem passing immigration. I just feel that over the years , the aviation industry has evolved, irrespective of the issues on the other end, travelers are usually advised to ensure validity of their documents, because policies do change overnight , so you dont get caught in the web.
Tutu82:

Thinking about it Hunee,there might be some substance to what you are saying but these rare cases are not solely based on the passport nearing expiration other variables come into play.

Let’s say for example, A Tourist not having a return ticket to tender when being asked randomly by border control at Heathrow and it is then noticed he has say two months left it’s a red flag as to his intention of returning.

As to the FG ever stepping in remember when BA hiked their prices,cut the menu and had increased Racist incidents nobody assuaged, they just made whisper like noises and that was it nothing was done.No protection for us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
hunee:
I totally agree. However in recent times, there have been improvements. I remember there was time when you could not travel, with a day expired passport. It was a problem passing immigration. I just feel that over the years , the aviation industry has evolved, irrespective of the issues on the other end, travelers are usually advised to ensure validity of their documents, because policies do change overnight , so you dont get caught in the web.
About improvements let’s agree to disagree as the way am treated when am with my green passport is very different from when am with the blue one.The most important take away in this discourse is what you said at the end policies do change overnight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
You are absolutely correct. The stereotype remains. Policies do change, travelers ensure you validate your documents. Key
Tutu82:

About improvements let’s agree to disagree as the way am treated when am with my green passport is very different from when am with the blue one.The most important take away in this discourse is what you said at the end policies do change overnight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Dakid9(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.