Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843533 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ssgi4in1(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2023
Good morning everyone.

I want to confirm if mybank statement can be used for UK visit visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2023
yes
ssgi4in1:
Good morning everyone.

I want to confirm if mybank statement can be used for UK visit visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please who is familiar with DND Finance Limited?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Anyone with an idea on this and how it can be handled

Please I am in a wait for my visa for sometime now and I am done with both bio and submitted my application, I just noticed in my application that where I was asked any other countries visited that I filled No.
In my passport issuing authority I wrote Abu Dhabi which was correct and I uploaded my two previous visas issued in uae.
Any idea if correction can be done by messaging ukvi demsleves or wait cos currently I have been waiting for decision for a month plus now bio 20th Sept
Vissa application sept 16th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Bro please how long did it took after your bio before you got the rejection note?

Lizboh:
I applied for Visit visa I was rejected, I don't understand what happened....I'm self employed. I need to know how soon I can apply again because I want to meet up with my sister that I've not seen for more than 10yrs, she is coming to the UK from America
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jegede20: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Visa Alert

I got my passport back from DHL today and 6 months visa granted.

The below are the docs submitted

1. Certificate of incorporation
2. CAC status Report
3. Introduction letter from my coy introducing me as the CEO
4. Salary bank statement ( salary is 450k monthly) showing
5. Proof of saving ( I attached my saving acct bank statement from my Bank in Canada)
6. Board Resolution ( confirming that the coy has approved and transferred 5,000$ to my dorm acct for the trip)
7. Transfer confirmation of 5,000$ from coy dorm acct to my personal dorm acct
8. Marriage certificate
9. Spouse and children Birth certificate of my 3 children
10. Spouse and children Canadaian Permanent Resident Card
11. Hotel reservation confirmation
12. My birth certificate
13. My Canadian utility Bill
14. Flight reservations
15. My Canadian driver’s license
16. My Canadian Permanent Resident Card
17. Letter from the coy stating that the approved $5,000 for the trip has been deposited in my account
18. Dorm bank statement
19. Canada lease agreement.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
pharrel1539:
Bro please how long did it took after your bio before you got the rejection note?

Be positive while waiting for your visa....it took about 10/12 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jackboyy: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hi guys. Can the current NLC strike after biometrics appointment at Ikeja VAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
hunee:
Lol. True and keep us updated on your journey, prolly some tips could be shared here from your encounters.
Fly safe
Got to the UK yesterday afternoon after 13 hours from the time my Turkish Airlines flight was originally scheduled to take off. That's about 1 hour late.

My experience at POE was bad. It took less than 2 minutes and my passport was stamped. I was asked the purpose of my trip and if I had a return ticket. I showed my invitation letter from my employer and that was all. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hi everyone. I was refused a UK visa.

I attached my employment letter, An introductory letter from my job, the company i work with is listed on the stock exchange. My sister is sponsoring me but she added a partial sponsorship. the response i got is below

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitorrules), I have considered:
• your application
• your immigration history
The decision
• I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet
the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V because:
• You state that you wish to travel to the UK for 2 months to visit family. I have considered your
application carefully as I recognise the importance of family visits. I also note that your visit is
being partially sponsored, however, I have taken into account your own stated circumstances
in your home country, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements.
• In support of your application, you have provided your bank statement, sponsor’s details, and
other supporting information.
• You state that you are employed with a monthly income of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You also
personally plan to spend £2000 on your visit. As evidence of your financial circumstances, you
have provided a bank statement under your name. I note the closing balance on your
statement is XXXXXXXXXX. I am therefore not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover
all reasonable costs in relation to your visit. This not only undermines the credibility of your
application as a whole but causes me to doubt your intention in proposing to travel to the UK.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is
permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your
application is refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) (c) and (e).
@ Exchange rate £1 = 984 NGN 10/11/2023

I however have some fixed deposit investments which i plan to add in my reapplication. I didnt think i needed to add it before. Also my sister will be indicating that she will sponsor me fully. Will this help? I also run a business in Nigeria aside from my full time job. Can i add the Fixed Deposit certificates (they are 3) to the application and will this help? I didnt want to liquidate the fixed Deposits because i dont want the large amounts issue. Im actually only going to the UK for 4 weeks (Christmas and New year as i have to be back at work after new Years). And is there anything else i can use to bolster my application.

Please help

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
pharrel1539:
Anyone with an idea on this and how it can be handled

Please I am in a wait for my visa for sometime now and I am done with both bio and submitted my application, I just noticed in my application that where I was asked any other countries visited that I filled No.
In my passport issuing authority I wrote Abu Dhabi which was correct and I uploaded my two previous visas issued in uae.
Any idea if correction can be done by messaging ukvi demsleves or wait cos currently I have been waiting for decision for a month plus now bio 20th Sept
Vissa application sept 16th

Send a paid mail. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Please how long did it take before you got this decision?
nocodeboss:

I attached my employment letter, An introductory letter from my job, the company i work with is listed on the stock exchange. My sister is sponsoring me but she added a partial sponsorship. the response i got is below

In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitorrules), I have considered:
• your application
The decision
• I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet
• You state that you wish to travel to the UK for 2 months to visit family. I have considered your
application carefully as I recognise the importance of family visits. I also note that your visit is
being partially sponsored, however, I have taken into account your own stated circumstances
in your home country, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements.
• In support of your application, you have provided your bank statement, sponsor’s details, and
• You state that you are employed with a monthly income of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You also
personally plan to spend £2000 on your visit. As evidence of your financial circumstances, you
have provided a bank statement under your name. I note the closing balance on your
statement is XXXXXXXXXX. I am therefore not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover
all reasonable costs in relation to your visit. This not only undermines the credibility of your
application as a whole but causes me to doubt your intention in proposing to travel to the UK.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is
permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your

I however have some fixed deposit investments which i plan to add in my reapplication. I didnt think i needed to add it before. Also my sister will be indicating that she will sponsor me fully. Will this help? I also run a business in Nigeria aside from my full time job. Can i add the Fixed Deposit certificates (they are 3) to the application and will this help? I didnt want to liquidate the fixed Deposits because i dont want the large amounts issue. Im actually only going to the UK for 4 weeks (Christmas and New year as i have to be back at work after new Years). And is there anything else i can use to bolster my application.

Please help

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
One week

pharrel1539:
Please how long did it take before you got this decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Seems Good Bro.
Just as expected
directonpc:

Got to the UK yesterday afternoon after 13 hours from the time my Turkish Airlines flight was originally scheduled to take off. That's about 1 hour late.

My experience at POE was bad. It took less than 2 minutes and my passport was stamped. I was asked the purpose of my trip and if I had a return ticket. I showed my invitation letter from my employer and that was all. smiley
Just as expected.
Have a great time wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GraceofGod100: 9:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Good evening, please how much is Visa fee for family of four, 5 years skill work visa ....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Good evening, today I was just going through my application and I made a mistake. Where it asked if you’ve been refused a visa, I said No. but I’ve been refused previously. Will this mistake cos visa denial??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
Have you done bio if not use a well detailed letter stating the error. I am in this kind of scenario. Also
Which countries did you previously had the visa denials cos UK,USA,Australia and New Zealand share travel history I think Switzerland is also included.
EstherOA:
Good evening, today I was just going through my application and I made a mistake. Where it asked if you’ve been refused a visa, I said No. but I’ve been refused previously. Will this mistake cos visa denial??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
In Most Cases , Yes.
EstherOA:
You must declare all previous refusals.
You can address viz - viz cover letters, if bio done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
If ome have dome the bio what will be the next line of action to take in other to address such situation. I have been waiting for my visa for two months now
hunee:
In Most Cases , Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
hunee:
In Most Cases , Yes.
Thanks for this info. I haven’t done biometrics yet. I will write a detailed cover letter to state my previous refusal. Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
pharrel1539:
Have you done bio if not use a well detailed letter stating the error. I am in this kind of scenario. Also
Which countries did you previously had the visa denials cos UK,USA,Australia and New Zealand share travel history I think Switzerland is also included.
Thanks. Were you able to write a cover letter or you had already done bio before you saw the mistake ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Mine was discovered after I am done with bio and I am left with God to intercede for me.
EstherOA:
Thanks.
Were you able to write a cover letter or you had already done bio before you saw the mistake ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nobody that ever goes through a visa process and gets denied forgets the refusal. It is just a probity issue when we are asked if we have ever been denied visa and the spirit of deception takes over.
This is because you believe by concealing this fact, you can positively influence your decision and take away the visa officer’s mind from an impending next refusal.
You can never forget any refused visas or illegal entries or bad immigration history with any country. It is just not possible.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2023
giselle237:
Nobody that ever goes through a visa process and gets denied forgets the refusal. It is just a probity issue when we are asked if we have ever been denied visa and the spirit of deception takes over.
This is because you believe by concealing this fact, you can positively influence your decision and take away the visa officer’s mind from an impending next refusal.
You can never forget any refused visas or illegal entries or bad immigration history with any country. It is just not possible.
I literally said it was a mistake. And I’m including a cover letter to my application stating i inadvertently selected NO. If truly I was concealing it won’t bother to ask for a solution.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 12:11am On Nov 15, 2023
nocodeboss:

• your application
The decision

Please help

Thanks

If you're going for 1month why did you say 2months
The initial 2000pounds was that all you intended to spend or you combined that of your sister?
If your sister states she's fully sponsoring then she has to supply her own bank statements to show she can cover that the cost of your visit. Have you checked flight tickets for December. If they are 2million plus that's already 2000 pounds at the minimum that they would expect to see in her account

Don't rush to reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2023
EstherOA:
Thanks for this info. I haven’t done biometrics yet. I will write a detailed cover letter to state my previous refusal. Thanks once again
Would you still have access to your application after you submitted?
Abi how will the cover letter be added
Unless you chose for Tls to scan your documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 2:21am On Nov 15, 2023
Taal17:

Would you still have access to your application after you submitted?
Abi how will the cover letter be added
Unless you chose for Tls to scan your documents
self-service. I’ll upload it along other required documents. I haven’t finalized documents upload yet. I’ll add the cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 4:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Not necessarily bad immigration or travel history when obviously previous visas was added in the list of documents submitted and issuing passport stated but in the column for countries visited was filled in error as No when I had actually visited another country which I uploaded the country visa for check.
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2023
Good morning sir/Ma,

Pls I want to confirm that the woman of 59years old a self employed fashion designer, I hope the the age with that job won't have negative effect on visa application, also does she need to provide any certificate incorporation for work.

Kindly assist us as we are yet to move forward, the son is sponsoring the trip.

@giselle237, @cashmadam and other gurus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2023
pharrel1539:
Not necessarily bad immigration or travel history when obviously previous visas was added in the list of documents submitted and issuing passport stated but in the column for countries visited was filled in error as No when I had actually visited another country which I uploaded the country visa for check.
this was hard to understand as no punctuations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2023
Kunleop:
Pls I want to confirm that the woman of 59years old a self employed fashion designer, I hope the the age with that job won't have negative effect on visa application, also does she need to provide any certificate incorporation for work.
Kindly assist us as we are yet to move forward, the son is sponsoring the trip..
no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:23am On Nov 15, 2023
EstherOA:
self-service. I’ll upload it along other required documents. I haven’t finalized documents upload yet. I’ll add the cover letter.
so whats there to lose if u have not done biometrics? Cancel the application. You will get ur money back in 28 days.. fill a correct form

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.