Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (845487 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2023
nocodeboss:
Hi everyone. I was refused a UK visa.

I attached my employment letter, An introductory letter from my job, the company i work with is listed on the stock exchange. My sister is sponsoring me but she added a partial sponsorship. the response i got is below

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitorrules), I have considered:
• your application
• your immigration history
The decision
• I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet
the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V because:
• You state that you wish to travel to the UK for 2 months to visit family. I have considered your
application carefully as I recognise the importance of family visits. I also note that your visit is
being partially sponsored, however, I have taken into account your own stated circumstances
in your home country, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements.
• In support of your application, you have provided your bank statement, sponsor’s details, and
other supporting information.
• You state that you are employed with a monthly income of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You also
personally plan to spend £2000 on your visit. As evidence of your financial circumstances, you
have provided a bank statement under your name. I note the closing balance on your
statement is XXXXXXXXXX. I am therefore not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover
all reasonable costs in relation to your visit. This not only undermines the credibility of your
application as a whole but causes me to doubt your intention in proposing to travel to the UK.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is
permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your
application is refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) (c) and (e).
@ Exchange rate £1 = 984 NGN 10/11/2023

I however have some fixed deposit investments which i plan to add in my reapplication. I didnt think i needed to add it before. Also my sister will be indicating that she will sponsor me fully. Will this help? I also run a business in Nigeria aside from my full time job. Can i add the Fixed Deposit certificates (they are 3) to the application and will this help? I didnt want to liquidate the fixed Deposits because i dont want the large amounts issue. Im actually only going to the UK for 4 weeks (Christmas and New year as i have to be back at work after new Years). And is there anything else i can use to bolster my application.

Please help

Thanks

Red flag 1

Visiting for 2 whole months

Red flag 2

Spending only 2k pounds for two whole months grin

ECO say it be like you no Sabi maths

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2023
EstherOA:
Good evening, today I was just going through my application and I made a mistake. Where it asked if you’ve been refused a visa, I said No. but I’ve been refused previously. Will this mistake cos visa denial??
yes cos that's s blatant lie grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:37am On Nov 15, 2023
cheesy grin

THE QUESTION IS EVEN REINFORCED WITH A LIST OF POSSIBLE COUNTRIES VISITED WITH VISA QUESTION

giselle237:
Nobody that ever goes through a visa process and gets denied forgets the refusal. It is just a probity issue when we are asked if we have ever been denied visa and the spirit of deception takes over.
This is because you believe by concealing this fact, you can positively influence your decision and take away the visa officer’s mind from an impending next refusal.
You can never forget any refused visas or illegal entries or bad immigration history with any country. It is just not possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2023
My sister filled the form and i was honestly too busy to check it. My work schedule has been crazy plus i have an entire tech startup i am running part time. I literarily had to dash in and out for the biometrics. I just sent bank statements, offer letter, letter from work etc.

I work in a publicly quoted company so i thought my offer letter should suffice and also investment lines in bank statements going back to January would work since my sister was sponsoring the trip. I didn't know she selected a partial sponsorship.

My siblings are insisting that i reapply. My sister has indicated that she will fully sponsor me (She is on a Tier 2 visa). She has reduced the duration to 1 month and she will add her her account statements etc. I will also add my Fixed deposit certificates but i will not liquidate them into my account because i dont want to have that red flag of parked funds.

What i realised is that the case workers check just the account balance and the information filled in the application. They do not go through the bank statements to even see what it contains.

I am also thinking of adding a cover letter to share perspective with whoever is handling the process on things we missed in my initial application and what we have done to resolve those issues.

Thegamingorca:

Red flag 1

Visiting for 2 whole months

Red flag 2

Spending only 2k pounds for two whole months grin

ECO say it be like you no Sabi maths
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2023
Yes it will, and if it’s a previous UK refusal you omitted, you may get a 10 year ban.

quote author=EstherOA post=126972141]Good evening, today I was just going through my application and I made a mistake. Where it asked if you’ve been refused a visa, I said No. but I’ve been refused previously. Will this mistake cos visa denial?? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2023
Hello everyone, pls I need clarification on this :

For a visit visa, is saving on apps like piggyvest or optimus acceptable for POF? or is it better for the money to be transferred to a regular bank account and an explanation proffered for the lump sum in the cover letter?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2023
My case is Not necessarily bad immigration or travel history because is submitted my previous visas added in the list of documents submitted and my passport was renewed in uae which was stated as Abu Dhabi as issuing passport authority. My error comes in the column for countries visited was filled in "No" when I had actually visited dubai and worked there with all the visas for work uploaded as attachment. I have done bio since Sept 20th and till date no decision.
giselle237:
this was hard to understand as no punctuations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Khenney002: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2023
@cashmadam @D10 @shootingstar92 @giselle237
Thank you all for your useful insights on my twin brother application that was denied then due to the mistake we made, we re-applied and he got his passport today.. I really appreciate everyone

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babe4chi(f): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please I need help seriously!
I first did standard Ielts earlier in oct and I got to find out I’m supposed to have done the ukvi. I registered for the ukvi Ielts. And getting to the 13th day which was on Monday, I received a mail that my result was withheld. And there’s nothing they can do except to wait for 3 months for them to finish investigating. And they advised i don’t register for another exam until they finish with their investigations.

Now, I’m supposed to apply for the work visa this month end. Please do I go ahead and register for alternative test like the PSI?
Please I need advise urgently. I’m very devastated with the whole turnout. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2023
It's not that deep in my opinion... It would be a big deal if you hadn't declared a refusal..So chillax
pharrel1539:
My case is Not necessarily bad immigration or travel history because is submitted my previous visas added in the list of documents submitted and my passport was renewed in uae which was stated as Abu Dhabi as issuing passport authority. My error comes in the column for countries visited was filled in "No" when I had actually visited dubai and worked there with all the visas for work uploaded as attachment. I have done bio since Sept 20th and till date no decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
nocodeboss:

My sister filled the form and i was honestly too busy to check it. My work schedule has been crazy plus i have an entire tech startup i am running part time. I literarily had to dash in and out for the biometrics. I just sent bank statements, offer letter, letter from work etc.

I work in a publicly quoted company so i thought my offer letter should suffice and also investment lines in bank statements going back to January would work since my sister was sponsoring the trip. I didn't know she selected a partial sponsorship.

My siblings are insisting that i reapply. My sister has indicated that she will fully sponsor me (She is on a Tier 2 visa). She has reduced the duration to 1 month and she will add her her account statements etc. I will also add my Fixed deposit certificates but i will not liquidate them into my account because i dont want to have that red flag of parked funds.

What i realised is that the case workers check just the account balance and the information filled in the application. They do not go through the bank statements to even see what it contains.

I am also thinking of adding a cover letter to share perspective with whoever is handling the process on things we missed in my initial application and what we have done to resolve those issues.

Oga, what are you doing in the UK for one month? Two weeks max. Ordinarily, one month is okay but with a refusal, I think it is best you reduce the duration of your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
ok we can reduce it to three weeks. My biggest worry is will the change of duration and sponsorship not affect the application? Because frankly i can only do 3 weeks there because of work.

Cashmadam:

Oga, what are you doing in the UK for one month? Two weeks max. Ordinarily, one month is okay but with a refusal, I think it is best you reduce the duration of your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pamb: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
I applied for visiting visa,just received mail that I should come and pick document.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
When was your biometric, please?

pamb:
I applied for visiting visa,just received mail that I should come and pick document.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
Any help on this please?

MadameW:
Hello everyone, pls I need clarification on this :

For a visit visa, is saving on apps like piggyvest or optimus acceptable for POF? or is it better for the money to be transferred to a regular bank account and an explanation proffered for the lump sum in the cover letter?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
I think you need to stop listening to your sister. first first!

What are your circumstances?
What do you earn? What do you have at the end of the month from paid salary or gains every month after expenditure? Why am I spending more than 3 times my disposable income on a trip?

You are the one traveling on visitor visa. You are the one making that trip. Do your research! You can't leave responsibilities of such magnitude in the hands of ppl that will muck it up. The way she is seeing it, is not the way the ECO here in Nigeria is weighing your application especially in this tinubu era.

Put yourself in the minds of the eco living in one boy's quarter in obalende and see if it is logical to allow a visitor who was previously denied visa on partial sponsorship entry into the UK after much review and reduction of intended time visiting to 1 month from two months whose sponsor has now agreed to cover the full cost of the trip. If it was difficult to enter the eye of a needle before? This submission will make it impossible. grin

Because the next thing they will start saying in the next rejection is that they acknowledge her capabilities but it is your own circumstance in Nigeria that they are interested about. Meaning that they just want to know what things you have going on for you here that will definitely bring you back to Nigeria after that month.

Also if she doesn't have much savings in her bank statement to cover you. It will also count against you

nocodeboss:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
nocodeboss:

ok we can reduce it to three weeks. My biggest worry is will the change of duration and sponsorship not affect the application? Because frankly i can only do 3 weeks there because of work.

What stops you from reducing it to 5 days?

If after getting the visa. You can decide to spend 3 to 4 months there no problem

Just don't tell UK border officers that you want to spend 4 months grin make dem no buy you plane ticket there there, send you back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hello everyone,I want to pay for my visit visa application fee but I don’t have a dollar card.Can I use my sisters card,does it matter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
Sweetjam:
Hello everyone,I want to pay for my visit visa application fee but I don’t have a dollar card.Can I use my sisters card,does it matter?

Why are you asking us? Shouldn't you be asking your sister? Or should we help you and ask her if her card is a dollar card? sad

I don't think any Nigerian ATM will work as you have rightly found out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
You can use Nigerian atm but for dorm account I paid mine with my accessbank dorm account
quote author=Sweetjam post=126986698]Hello everyone,I want to pay for my visit visa application fee but I don’t have a dollar card.Can I use my sisters card,does it matter?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Why are you asking us? Shouldn't you be asking your sister? Or should we help you and ask her if her card is a dollar card? sad

I don't think any Nigerian ATM will work as you have rightly found out
Did you read my post cause I’m wondering where this your response is coming from?Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dzeebabyfire: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
Visa Alert!

STUDENT VISA (SINGLE APPLICANT). Timeline is 2023

Silent reader on this thread and others on this platform pertaining to UK visa.

CAS dropped - 9th of October

Initiated my Visa Application - 17th of October

Applied fully for UKVI - 20th of October

Paid for IHS - 20th of October

Paid for Visa Application - 21th of October

Went to TLS website to book appointment and there was no available date asides Flexi, Premium and Primetime Premium. So I opted for Flexi appointment

Paid for Flexi appointment - #87, 700

I picked 24th for my appointment (biometric)

I opted for self upload and uploaded my documents myself. By the time I submitted, I realized that I omitted 2 documents, my TB test result and my Waec certificate

Arrived at TLS Ikeja for my biometrics around 10am. Told them my predicament and I was asked to pay for assisted service.

Paid for SMS - #350

Paid for assisted services because I didn’t upload 2 of my documents - #24,900

Finished my biometric in less than 30 minutes.

My status got updated to Application Transferred to DMC - 24th of October

Application was received by DMC -25th of October

Got an Additional document(Also known as NSF mail) request on- 2nd of November

They told me Official, verifiable documents to demonstrate what you have been doing since your graduation in 20** was needed.

*NOTE* - This was in my Spam. I just had an inkling to check it that day. I usually don’t check it.

I sent the additional documents to the indicated mail which included my:

1. Employment Letter
2. My CV
3. My NYSC Certificate

Then I wrote in the body of my mail which talked about the duration of my NYSC from so so year to so so year. It also talked about my employment from so so year till date.

I got a mail that the sent document was received and they would try to process in 3 weeks (15 working days).

I went on here and I was reading about people who got NSF mails and were hooked on that spot. I was really scared and I also checked Reddit where someone said she got hers 30 days from her bio date. That gave me a little hope.

I also had it in mind that after this week I would do a paid mail/call but I saw on Reddit where someone said it isn’t advisable because after his first paid call that the customer service personnel told him it had been escalated, the second one he tried escalated, he was told that I would go back to the back of the queue again. This made me change my mind that I was going to hold on and see.

14th of November, exactly 3 weeks after my Biometrics, I got a mail from TLS contact that My passport was ready for pickup. I was so scared because I didn’t know what the decision would be. I couldn’t sleep but I had already decided to go and pick up my Passport today, 15th.

I slept for only 2hrs + this midnight because ai kept dreaming stupid dreams😂.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and go a mail from UKVI to find the attached decision letter.

It was a success mail, so I went to pick up my passport with the Vignette in it today -15th of November 💃🏽.

Thank you all for your input and words of encouragement. I hope everyone waiting for a decision gets theirs too without work.

❤️

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
pharrel1539:
You can use Nigerian atm but for dorm account I paid mine with my accessbank dorm account
quote author=Sweetjam post=126986698]Hello everyone,I want to pay for my visit visa application fee but I don’t have a dollar card.Can I use my sisters card,does it matter?
I’ve tried my Nigeria atm but it was declined and I don’t have a dorm account but my sister has a dollar card I can use hence my question of whether it’s okay to use someone else’s card with a different name to pay the visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
Sweetjam:

Did you read my post cause I’m wondering where this your response is coming from?Na wa o

Lol grin use your sisters own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
Boss calm down ke.

Its my first international visa application and i really underestimated it. Now im trying to make sure i do it correctly.

From my account statement, i have monthly debits to my investments. I also have a 365 day investment which matures 1st December 2023 which i fixed last year in my organization's microfinance bank.

Also my salary account is my organization's microfinance bank so i move money out to my commercial bank account once alert drops.

So now i plan to share the following

1 Employment letter
2. Bank statement
3. Investment certificate which shows the maturity date of my investment
4. Letter from my job
5. My sister's bank statement ( Its more than enough to cover my trip)

We have reduced the period of the trip to 21 days

My question now is, can this suffice or do i need to add a cover letter explaining the errors made in my initial application.

Thanks so much

btw i am not spending 3 times my disposable income on the trip. the amount they referred to just happened to be the balance in my salary account at the time. This is after moving my expenditure plus investments to different sources. Our salary account in my organization goes to the organization's microfinance bank.

As to my circumstances. I work in tech and i have done so for over 10 years. And i have a tech startup as my side hustle. Can i add the documentation for that as well? will it help?

Thegamingorca:
I think you need to stop listening to your sister. first first!

What are your circumstances?
What do you earn? What do you have at the end of the month from paid salary or gains every month after expenditure? Why am I spending more than 3 times my disposable income on a trip?

You are the one traveling on visitor visa. You are the one making that trip. Do your research! You can't leave responsibilities of such magnitude in the hands of ppl that will muck it up. The way she is seeing it, is not the way the ECO here in Nigeria is weighing your application especially in this tinubu era.

Put yourself in the minds of the eco living in one boy's quarter in obalende and see if it is logical to allow a visitor who was previously denied visa on partial sponsorship entry into the UK after much review and reduction of intended time visiting to 1 month from two months whose sponsor has now agreed to cover the full cost of the trip. If it was difficult to enter the eye of a needle before? This submission will make it impossible. grin

Because the next thing they will start saying in the next rejection is that they acknowledge her capabilities but it is your own circumstance in Nigeria that they are interested about. Meaning that they just want to know what things you have going on for you here that will definitely bring you back to Nigeria after that month.

Also if she doesn't have much savings in her bank statement to cover you. It will also count against you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nocodeboss: 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Not spending 3 or4 months biko. i cannot can.

Thegamingorca:

What stops you from reducing it to 5 days?

If after getting the visa. You can decide to spend 3 to 4 months there no problem

Just don't tell UK border officers that you want to spend 4 months grin make dem no buy you plane ticket there there, send you back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
Remove that microfinance Bank and use actual bank.

You can't tell these ppl you work in teckkkk. That's not a job description. cheesy

I say reduce the visit to one week, what the heck are you going to be explaining you are doing in the UK for 3 weeks? grin

Go and find casual leave letter of only one week on the expected dates you will intend to travel( it shouldn't pass one week oh!)

I asked you for you monthly disposable income you are quoting annual salary. You need to demonstrate that you are not just saving money but that you are spending from inside. Be it to transfer to another bank and reshuffle back into your account through salary is no one's business. Your expected expenses you intend to tell them you will waste on this trip yourself should not pass 3 times your disposable income. If not another refusal.

Avoid anything that will complicate the application or raise eyebrows.
You straight up just need to present a company you work in with monthly payment on a designated official day stated in your employment letter.

If she is sponsoring you, is it flight and accomodation for one week or is it the whole package.
nocodeboss:
Boss calm down ke.

Its my first international visa application and i really underestimated it. Now im trying to make sure i do it correctly.

From my account statement, i have monthly debits to my investments. I also have a 365 day investment which matures 1st December 2023 which i fixed last year in my organization's microfinance bank.

Also my salary account is my organization's microfinance bank so i move money out to my commercial bank account once alert drops.

So now i plan to share the following

1 Employment letter
2. Bank statement
3. Investment certificate which shows the maturity date of my investment
4. Letter from my job
5. My sister's bank statement ( Its more than enough to cover my trip)

We have reduced the period of the trip to 21 days

My question now is, can this suffice or do i need to add a cover letter explaining the errors made in my initial application.

Thanks so much

btw i am not spending 3 times my disposable income on the trip. the amount they referred to just happened to be the balance in my salary account at the time. This is after moving my expenditure plus investments to different sources. Our salary account in my organization goes to the organization's microfinance bank.

As to my circumstances. I work in tech and i have done so for over 10 years. And i have a tech startup as my side hustle. Can i add the documentation for that as well? will it help?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
@nocodeboss pls listen small na.
What are your own circumstances in terms of pay?
We are not talking about your sister. Your sister’s sponsorship can not give you a visa. You need to demonstrate that you have a very large potential to return to Nigeria.
How much do you earn even if you are not sponsoring?
Because the ECO is not foolish. You are about to do a 360 degree now from your former application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Yes u can pay with your sisters dollar card

Sweetjam:

I’ve tried my Nigeria atm but it was declined and I don’t have a dorm account but my sister has a dollar card I can use hence my question of whether it’s okay to use someone else’s card with a different name to pay the visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Established: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hello @Justwise, Giselle, Frontpagelawyer and all other gurus,

Please if someone is living in a shared accommodation with other tenants and is inviting his or her mom over to the UK for holidays, can they book hotel for her to support the visa application?

Also the mom being a pensioner, can she indicate she would pay for flight while the daughter or son inviting her over caters for the hotel and feeding?

Please kindly help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
nocodeboss:

Reduce the days and get the visa!

Then you can decide how long you want to stay. Why do you insist on complicating issues for yourself unnecessarily?

The visa is the most important thing now. Focus on that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.