Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (823827 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toolluu: 10:13am On Mar 28
Does the last paragraph mean one can still apply for visa after the 4th. Gotten Cos but still hustling for letter of English proficiency from UI

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 11:09am On Mar 28
Can I book a flight directly on the airpiece app ?. Must I pass through a travel agency to do that? Because I can see is cheaper booking yourself on the app
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 11:57am On Mar 28
Book on the app, its better

IkpemhiTG:
Can I book a flight directly on the airpiece app ?. Must I pass through a travel agency to do that? Because I can see is cheaper booking yourself on the app
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Frankko2003: 1:48pm On Mar 28
Pls guys good afternoon, I already got my Canadian visa and I’m trying to apply for a uk tourist visa, I want to know up I can upload my documents on the site or I’ll have to take the original copies to the embassy?
I will appreciate any assistance.

I’m going to visit my friend and I have only £3900 in savings however and my trip cost £1000 out of which my sister is paying £700 as my sponsor. She has over £13,000 and also sponsored my Canada visa.

Do you think it’ll fly? Please help a brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Gokoyer1401: 4:24pm On Mar 28
This is avoidable visa denial. What do you wanna gain in that UK trip? Why can't you just be going to Canada and visit UK when your personal finance improves? If you have personal money upto 10k pounds, I will fully support this.

UK of 2023 is totally different from 2024!
Frankko2003:
Pls guys good afternoon, I already got my Canadian visa and I’m trying to apply for a uk tourist visa, I want to know up I can upload my documents on the site or I’ll have to take the original copies to the embassy?
I will appreciate any assistance.

I’m going to visit my friend and I have only £3900 in savings however and my trip cost £1000 out of which my sister is paying £700 as my sponsor. She has over £13,000 and also sponsored my Canada visa.

Do you think it’ll fly? Please help a brother.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Frankko2003: 11:33pm On Mar 28
Guys can I submit a 5 months bankstatement for myself and my sponsor each? Or it has to be 6months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 12:41am On Mar 29
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for a visit visa for my mum and I just got this refusal mail. I still don’t understand the reason very well and I will appreciate thoughts and views from here.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 2:36am On Mar 29
EmirOfBodija:
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for a visit visa for my mum and I just got this refusal mail. I still don’t understand the reason very well and I will appreciate thoughts and views from here.

Sometimes the ECO just do as they like cos I see nothing wrong here unless your bank statement is too low to sponsor her.. below was the cover letter on behalf of my own mom and she was granted 6 months

My name is xxxxxxx (passport number: A1xxxx). I am a US Citizen and I reside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am self-employed in Logistics (Air Transportation of Cargo).
I am writing this letter on behalf my mom who is applying for a UK visit visa of 6 months to celebrate my
wife's birthday which we have planned to celebrate in UK.
She is a retired civil servant in Nigeria, she lives in her own her own house with her two dogs, she gets
monthly upkeep from me, we have no relatives or any ties to the UK and hence she has no intentions of
overstaying in the UK.
It has always been a dream of hers to visit London, so it would mean a lot to me if I would finally make
that dream come true. During our time in the UK, I have planned to visit as many tourist attractions as
possible, such as the London Eye, the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, and the National Gallery
among others with her.
While in London, we will stay in a hotel (MOXY London Heathrow Airport) I have already booked for her,
and I will also cover her personal expenses.
As US Citizen, UK is a visa free country for us to travel to, so my wife and I will not be applying for a UK
visa with her.
I have attached proof of my marriage with my wife showing her date of birth, my finances, hotel
bookings, her bank statement, my business registration here in the US, her house documents to prove
home ties to Nigeria and proof of funds to show she will be well taken care of.
As at time of uploading, my mum bank statement could not be obtained due to an email not attached to
online banking platform and she couldn’t walk into a bank by herself due to an injury sustained on her
leg but she has an account balance of N151,390 in her bank account.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 6:14am On Mar 29
Thanks for your comment.

The bank statement is not low. In fact, the statement showed that she has 1.3m as closing balance and she had a total of 170k as credit from her sons during the one month period. She only intend to spend 50k

My fear was that the ECO dwelled on the previous refusal despite saying this new one is reviewed based on it own merit.

Now, I am not sure what do. Is it advisable to apply as soon as possible.

Note: she’s had 3 refusal based on different reasons which are corrected in subsequent application.

lionlee216:

Sometimes the ECO just do as they like cos I see nothing wrong here unless your bank statement is too low to sponsor her.. below was the cover letter on behalf of my own mom and she was granted 6 months

My name is xxxxxxx (passport number: A1xxxx). I am a US Citizen and I reside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am self-employed in Logistics (Air Transportation of Cargo).
I am writing this letter on behalf my mom who is applying for a UK visit visa of 6 months to celebrate my
She is a retired civil servant in Nigeria, she lives in her own her own house with her two dogs, she gets
monthly upkeep from me, we have no relatives or any ties to the UK and hence she has no intentions of
overstaying in the UK.
It has always been a dream of hers to visit London, so it would mean a lot to me if I would finally make
that dream come true. During our time in the UK, I have planned to visit as many tourist attractions as
possible, such as the London Eye, the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, and the National Gallery
among others with her.
While in London, we will stay in a hotel (MOXY London Heathrow Airport) I have already booked for her,
As US Citizen, UK is a visa free country for us to travel to, so my wife and I will not be applying for a UK
visa with her.
I have attached proof of my marriage with my wife showing her date of birth, my finances, hotel
bookings, her bank statement, my business registration here in the US, her house documents to prove
As at time of uploading, my mum bank statement could not be obtained due to an email not attached to
online banking platform and she couldn’t walk into a bank by herself due to an injury sustained on her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:24am On Mar 29
Frankko2003:
Guys can I submit a 5 months bankstatement for myself and my sponsor each? Or it has to be 6months?

You can submit two months Sef depending on how you explain yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:29am On Mar 29
lionlee216:

overstaying in the UK.
among others with her.
visa with her.

please don't equate your circumstance and mothers application to his own. The mere fact that you are a USA citizen who explained his mother's circumstances in detail like this with this cover letter makes your own application completely different from an unemployed individual living off handouts from other ppl who has a previous UK denial.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:48am On Mar 29
EmirOfBodija:
Thanks for your comment.

The bank statement is not low. In fact, the statement showed that she has 1.3m as closing balance and she had a total of 170k as credit from her sons during the one month period. She only intend to spend 50k

My fear was that the ECO dwelled on the previous refusal despite saying this new one is reviewed based on it own merit.

Note: she’s had 3 refusal based on different reasons which are corrected in subsequent application.
I see you provided 1 month bank statement alone for her? Why was that? Given she has at least previous denials, why the risk? .. then they are seeing 1.3m which they can’t adequately assess. Anhan. That’s what they were trying to explain in the last paragraph of the refusal letter.
If you have previous denials, you already on 50% and should be ready to make your circumstances very plain and easy to change the ECO’s mind from finally stamping a refusal.
Why are you reapplying immediately? Have her circumstances changed significantly?
Given the rush and now this application has been denied, she is certainly not travelling now. So why not take your time and get it right? What’s the urgency?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LadyCaplin: 11:02am On Mar 29
If I understand you correctly, this will be her 4th refusal. Maybe you guys should take a break from reapplying for now, whilst building her travel history. That should count for something.
EmirOfBodija:
Thanks for your comment.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:13am On Mar 29
EmirOfBodija:
Thanks for your comment.

Ofcourse they dwelled on the previous denials. Even though they say through their teeth that all applications are assessed based on their own merit, it's all lies from the bottomless pit.

You need to upload the previous refusals here and address them all together squarely, cos as long as the faults in the previous ones are not addressed head-on, it's always going to be a no after another no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 11:22am On Mar 29
Thank you for your reply.
We were actually contemplating on not adding it before since we’ve stated she’s unemployed and she won’t be contributing anything significantly to the trip. I didn’t know that would raise concerns about her financial circumstances.

Also, documents like house ownership and consent letter from husband were used as evidence of ties to home.

However, I’ll be glad to hear suggestions on the whether a 2 months statement with just about 130k as closing balance and regular credits from family will be sufficient.

giselle237:
I see you provided 1 month bank statement alone for her? Why was that? Given she has at least previous denials, why the risk? .. then they are seeing 1.3m which they can’t adequately assess. Anhan. That’s what they were trying to explain in the last paragraph of the refusal letter.
If you have previous denials, you already on 50% and should be ready to make your circumstances very plain and easy to change the ECO’s mind from finally stamping a refusal.
Why are you reapplying immediately? Have her circumstances changed significantly?
Given the rush and now this application has been denied, she is certainly not travelling now. So why not take your time and get it right? What’s the urgency?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29
Alright. Thank you!

LadyCaplin:
If I understand you correctly, this will be her 4th refusal. Maybe you guys should take a break from reapplying for now, whilst building her travel history. That should count for something.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:20pm On Mar 29
EmirOfBodija:
Thank you for your reply.
We were actually contemplating on not adding it before since we’ve stated she’s unemployed and she won’t be contributing anything significantly to the trip. I didn’t know that would raise concerns about her financial circumstances.

Also, documents like house ownership and consent letter from husband were used as evidence of ties to home.

However, I’ll be glad to hear suggestions on the whether a 2 months statement with just about 130k as closing balance and regular credits from family will be sufficient.
hello, with 3 or more refusals a further half baked application will do you no good. You must add her bank statements.
You showed 1 month… they queried it, now you say 2 months with 130k… so where is the rest of the 1.3million and why is it gone in such a short period?
Hold on until she has at least 6 months worth of ‘good’ documentation before you proceed. They are not stupid and with 3 refusals already she is gunning for a 4th with the way you are reasoning/taking things casually.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29
Thank you so much for the kind advice. What do you mean by ‘good’ documentation in this context?

Also, I’ve noted the comments her and won’t be making any applications for now. However, my wife’s birthday and graduation is on July 14 and 16. Would that be a good time (3 and half months away) again?

On the account, the plan is to use a fresh one built over the next 3 months for her even tho she’s not spending her own money.

Thanks.

giselle237:
hello, with 3 or more refusals a further half baked application will do you no good. You must add her bank statements.
You showed 1 month… they queried it, now you say 2 months with 130k… so where is the rest of the 1.3million and why is it gone in such a short period?
Hold on until she has at least 6 months worth of ‘good’ documentation before you proceed. They are not stupid and with 3 refusals already she is gunning for a 4th with the way you are reasoning/taking things casually.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:41pm On Mar 29
EmirOfBodija:
Thank you so much for the kind advice. What do you mean by ‘good’ documentation in this context?
Also, I’ve noted the comments her and won’t be making any applications for now. However, my wife’s birthday and graduation is on July 14 and 16. Would that be a good time (3 and half months away) again?
On the account, the plan is to use a fresh one built over the next 3 months for her even tho she’s not spending her own money.
Thanks.
Whether she is spending her money or not, they want to see her bank statement now and are ready to scrutinise it. You should chill out a bit. 3 and half months again from now when you are not ready to ‘wait’ to address all the pre existing issues that have resulted in refusals 3 times.
You keep saying she is not spending her money, it is immaterial now as she has refusals due to that reason and her financial records must be addressed. The next visa officer would not overlook her 3 refusals. For the 4th person to approve a visa, they would want to make sure she adequately meets the conditions and I’m afraid this brings more scrutiny.
It is same as you, say you work in a a bank and a particular customer’s requests have been refused 3 solid times, even if it were the 1st time you were meeting the application as a bank agent, you would want to make sure all past 3 bank agents are not made to appear stupid and so would go by the books word for word if the application were to be approved. Everyone’s past history counts, stop throwing it under the table. Again if she is denied for your wife’s graduation/birthday which are even excusable to me, won’t everyone still go on about their lives? so why not take your time and get it right?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29
..:.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ElderChuks(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29
Naijagram:
If I use the self upload option, do I need need to present hardcopy documents at TLC?

No you don't have to present any documents except you have forgotten to upload any one before submitting online which means you have to pay for the additional upload.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 7:22pm On Mar 29
I’ve been asking questions here and mostly get ignored, please you guys should help me scrutinize and assist me.
I’ve my salary account which has a sufficient balance of about 9M and I also have another account which is my savings, I have about 6M there and it has been there for many months now. I really do not know how you guys can best explain this to the Visa Officer, I know I have to explain how the funds got there. While I can explain all the money on my salary account, the savings I got was from December contract I did and I left it there..
How can I best explain to the Officer for them to understand clearly, if anyone has submitted a savings statement along side their application. Kindly advise y’all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:25pm On Mar 29
Jolene474:
I’ve been asking questions here and mostly get ignored, please you guys should help me scrutinize and assist me.
I’ve my salary account which has a sufficient balance of about 9M and I also have another account which is my savings, I have about 6M there and it has been there for many months now. I really do not know how you guys can best explain this to the Visa Officer, I know I have to explain how the funds got there. While I can explain all the money on my salary account, the savings I got was from December contract I did and I left it there..
How can I best explain to the Officer for them to understand clearly, if anyone has submitted a savings statement along side their application. Kindly advise y’all.
The contract you did, surely there are proofs of the contract on paper?
You should provide those alongside adding a paragraph pf this in your cover letter and explain like you are talking to a 5 year old while referencing each document you will be submitting of the contract. If you have also done this kind of contracts in the past, you can choose to make mention of those with proofs as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 7:31pm On Mar 29
giselle237:

The contract you did, surely there are proofs of the contract on paper?
You should provide those alongside adding a paragraph pf this in your cover letter and explain like you are talking to a 5 year old while referencing each document you will be submitting of the contract. If you have also done this kind of contracts in the past, you can choose to make mention of those with proofs as well.

Thanks for your reply…
Honestly it was my uncle that gave me his hotel building project and I made that money, we didn’t really signed papers, that’s why I’m asking the best way, I know those may not fly as they don’t assume. But that’s my reality. I
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 7:37pm On Mar 29
I have the conversation we had about the building and all the quotations I sent and everything, but I don’t have the documents of the land or C of O.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 7:54pm On Mar 29
Since you have 9m in your salary account, I’m guessing you have paperwork (like pay slips) that corresponds to how that money was accumulated. If so, my advice would be to use the salary account alone in your application and completely leave out the savings account. Depending on how long you are planning to spend on your trip, you should be able to put together a reasonable budget that could comfortably come out of the 9 million in your account.

Adding the savings account would open you up to unnecessary scrutiny, and like you already said, you don’t have a paper trail as to how you got the money. Don’t cause unnecessary headache for yourself in the process of trying to show you have more than 9 million. In your case, I believe less is more.

Jolene474:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 10:21pm On Mar 29
Thank
crackcrack:
Since you have 9m in your salary account, I’m guessing you have paperwork (like pay slips) that corresponds to how that money was accumulated. If so, my advice would be to use the salary account alone in your application and completely leave out the savings account. Depending on how long you are planning to spend on your trip, you should be able to put together a reasonable budget that could comfortably come out of the 9 million in your account.

Adding the savings account would open you up to unnecessary scrutiny, and like you already said, you don’t have a paper trail as to how you got the money. Don’t cause unnecessary headache for yourself in the process of trying to show you have more than 9 million. In your case, I believe less is more.

crackcrack:

crackcrack:

Thank you very much, yes I do have payslips, I kept them… Do you think 9M is sufficient or I should move the 6M in addition? But I’ll need to prove again haha.
I wish I didn’t have to do all these, just go and come back, it’s really tough trying to satisfy them.
Thank you, what are some advice would you maybe want to share in addition please @giselle @crackcrack
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 10:23pm On Mar 29
Jolene474:
Thank

Thank you very much, yes I do have payslips, I kept them… Do you think 9M is sufficient or I should move the 6M in addition? But I’ll need to prove again haha.
I wish I didn’t have to do all these, just go and come back, it’s really tough trying to satisfy them.
Thank you, what are some advice would you maybe want to share in addition please @giselle @crackcrack

Please also except my salary, can other funds come into my account? I saw here they always say your deposited amount was more than your normal salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 4:39am On Mar 30
ElderChuks:

No you don't have to present any documents except you have forgotten to upload any one before submitting online which means you have to pay for the additional upload.

Many Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:55am On Mar 30
Jolene474:

Please also except my salary, can other funds come into my account? I saw here they always say your deposited amount was more than your normal salary.
How much is your salary?
If you feel all is not well, then delay the trip and keep a clean financial bank account of strictly your salary and use that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jean2(m): 9:28am On Mar 30
I got a free airbud.
Who in UK can help collect? UK shipping address needed, please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DenreleDave(m): 10:31am On Mar 30
Jean2:
I got a free airbud.
Who in UK can help collect? UK shipping address needed, please.

How much will you pay for the service?

I have UK connect.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (610) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.