Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,244 members, 7,822,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (837296 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:53pm On Mar 21
billyfranc:
Lol! I'm kinda immune to it.
I'm yet to book and I'm tempted to book now, hence the question. What do you think of KLM or Airfrance with one connecting flight/layover? Must I have Schengen or transit visa to use them?
with your Nigerian passport and lone UK visa… Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 12:00am On Mar 22
billyfranc:
I'm yet to book and I'm tempted to book now, hence the question.
What do you think of KLM or Airfrance with one connecting flight/layover? Must I have Schengen or transit visa to use them?

You don't need any visa once you aren't living the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 12:30am On Mar 22
alert20:

Congratulations bro.... If I may ask?? How much was your closing balance and how much do you earn monthly and how much are you spending on this trip.... Thanks ✌️✌️

Closing balance -2.45M
Budget, including flight -1.9M
Duration -3 days
Purpose - exams
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:43am On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

You don't need any visa once you aren't living the airport.
Incorrect. This has changed since for Nigerian and 3rd country passport holders. To cross the Schenghen area whether you leave the plane or not, you require Airport transit visa or provide a Japanese, Canadian or American visa or passports etc
cc billyfranc
https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa

https://www.esteri.it/en/servizi-consolari-e-visti/ingressosoggiornoinitalia/visto_ingresso/paesi_soggetti_visto_transito_aeroportuale/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 8:13am On Mar 22
Good morning,

Please how much is visa application fee ( standard).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 9:04am On Mar 22
giselle237:
Incorrect. This has changed since for Nigerian and 3rd country passport holders. To cross the Schenghen area whether you leave the plane or not, you require Airport transit visa or provide a Japanese, Canadian or American visa or passports etc
cc billyfranc
https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa

https://www.esteri.it/en/servizi-consolari-e-visti/ingressosoggiornoinitalia/visto_ingresso/paesi_soggetti_visto_transito_aeroportuale/

You aren't correct. If you need transit visa, it will be boldly stated before booking the flight either online if via third party. My wife travelled through that same route to Manchester in February, we need provide any additional visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 9:07am On Mar 22
AlphaLady:
Good morning,

Please how much is visa application fee ( standard).

6 months £115
Standard Visitor visa for academics £200 12 months
2 years £400 6 months per visit
5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa £771 6 months per visit
10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa £963 6 months per visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 9:10am On Mar 22
Thanks for your response.

Childofgrace18:

6 months £115
Standard Visitor visa for academics £200 12 months
2 years £400 6 months per visit
5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa £771 6 months per visit
10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa £963 6 months per visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 9:11am On Mar 22
Yes, you need a transit visa if transiting through any Schengen country, except you have a valid US/Japan/Canada visa

billyfranc:
I'm yet to book and I'm tempted to book now, hence the question.
What do you think of KLM or Airfrance with one connecting flight/layover? Must I have Schengen or transit visa to use them?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:33am On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

You aren't correct. If you need transit visa, it will be boldly stated before booking the flight either online if via third party. My wife travelled through that same route to Manchester in February, we need provide any additional visa.
What airline did she board?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Debbie123: 10:00am On Mar 22
justwise:
This is Part5 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck

Hello here, please i want to ask something. so i have a conference to attend in the UK in April to represent my company, what are the things that are needed for my visa to be approve and how long does it take for it to be approve.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 10:14am On Mar 22
Thegamingorca:

What airline did she board?

KLM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 10:40am On Mar 22
Please what are your thoughts on the attached refusal letter?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 12:01pm On Mar 22
Saeed348:

Closing balance -2.45M
Budget, including flight -1.9M
Duration -3 days
Purpose - exams

OK... Thanks boss ✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22
Drphade:

Chief you were expected to upload things that prove you are a practicing licensed medical doctor of the federal republic of Nigeria, who earns monthly salary of which a sizeable amount is kept judiciously to stand as disposable income for a six month period. Regardless of the fact that you were being sponsored by someone else.

They needed proof that you have a job without expiry date with cogent reasons why it won't be possible for a doctor to go and become a burden on their government resources in the UK evidenced by letter of casual leave from said workplace.

You saying you are going to spend two months, as a doctor earning salary, they needed you to show the workings of how you would foot that bill yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 12:55pm On Mar 22
Hi guys.

After imputing monthly salary, the next part of the application says “Do you have another income or any savings?” Am I to input the balance in my salary account as savings? I have only one bank account which I’m going to be using for the application.

Or should I select “I do not have any other income or savings”?

The phrasing of that question is weird.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22
crackcrack:
Hi guys.

After imputing monthly salary, the next part of the application says “Do you have another income or any savings?” Am I to input the balance in my salary account as savings? I have only one bank account which I’m going to be using for the application.

Or should I select “I do not have any other income or savings”?

The phrasing of that question is weird.

Yeah it is.

But also try to understand that these ppl live in a world where it is increasingly odd to have more than one account or more than one phone number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 1:23pm On Mar 22
So if someone is applying with their salary account, is it the closing balance that is to be written there as savings?

Thegamingorca:

Yeah it is.

But also try to understand that these ppl live in a world where it is increasingly odd to have more than one account or more than one phone number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22
crackcrack:
So if someone is applying with their salary account, is it the closing balance that is to be written there as savings?

The answer to the one asking about if you have other savings is no if you don't intend using another account. Easy peasy click the I do not have any other savings

Whatever account statement you intend to tender whether current or savings the questions asked should be answered with the bank statement in mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:40pm On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

I hope you would pay for the person when they are prevented from boarding in 2024? Several people I know have been denied boarding for not having the ATV whether you leave the plane or not. Thats why all those tickets are the cheapest to get. Pls dnt pass wrong info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 1:41pm On Mar 22
giselle237:

I hope you would pay for the person when they are prevented from boarding in 2024? Your wife travelled through which route?

If they need transit, it will be boldly written. Even waka now too will tell you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:45pm On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

If they need transit, it will be boldly written. Even waka now too will tell you.
It is sort of obvious you don’t know what is happening… never mind

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:47pm On Mar 22
Drphade:
You omitted everything concerning your own personal circumstances and still declared a whooping 2 months visit to be sponsored. No nau.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 2:24pm On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

Not all website do that.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by humblemoi: 2:38pm On Mar 22
Childofgrace18:

No website will alert you of the need to have a transit visa for travel. That's like monitoring visa policies all around the world because of the travellers who are meant to own the liability of purchasing a ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 3:13pm On Mar 22
Thegamingorca:

Chief you were expected to upload things that prove you are a practicing licensed medical doctor of the federal republic of Nigeria, who earns monthly salary of which a sizeable amount is kept judiciously to stand as disposable income for a six month period. Regardless of the fact that you were being sponsored by someone else.

They needed proof that you have a job without expiry date with cogent reasons why it won't be possible for a doctor to go and become a burden on their government resources in the UK evidenced by letter of casual leave from said workplace.

You saying you are going to spend two months, as a doctor earning salary, they needed you to show the workings of how you would foot that bill yourself.

That's why I presented a sponsor since I know I cannot foot the bill myself. What is the essence of providing a sponsor if I still have to show that I can do it myself.
These people are not serious, meanwhile I've been to the UK 3 times before and the USA three times before for study and vacation

This refusal was in 2018. I want to apply again this year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 3:16pm On Mar 22
giselle237:

You omitted everything concerning your own personal circumstances and still declared a whooping 2 months visit to be sponsored. No nau.

Hi, can you give me advice on how to show my personal circumstances? Thanks in advance
I sent my bank statement, and my letter of introduction from work

This refusal was in 2018, I'm applying again this year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:33pm On Mar 22
Drphade:

That's why I presented a sponsor since I know I cannot foot the bill myself. What is the essence of providing a sponsor if I still have to show that I can do it myself.
These people are not serious, meanwhile I've been to the UK 3 times before and the USA three times before for study and vacation
This refusal was in 2018. I want to apply again this year.
The onus is on you to prove that you are not a flight risk plus intending immigrant, has nothing to do with the sponsor. You must prove your own circumstances whether there is a sponsor or not. .. you as an adult should be able to sponsor a holiday for yourself if you want it, if you can’t then you shouldn’t really be bothering as anything can happen and then the sponsor is unable to fund you, you will then recourse to public funds. They don’t want that and so will happily deny your visa until you understand this.
You need to show that something must make you return to wherever you’re coming from… presenting a sponsor does not prove this in any way.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by billyfranc: 4:44pm On Mar 22
VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics 6th March
Travel history - Kenya
Collection of travel document email 21st March
Passport delivered today 22nd March
6 months visa granted
Thank you guys

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 5:08pm On Mar 22
giselle237:

The onus is on you to prove that you are not a flight risk plus intending immigrant, has nothing to do with the sponsor. You must prove your own circumstances whether there is a sponsor or not. .. you as an adult should be able to sponsor a holiday for yourself if you want it, if you can’t then you shouldn’t really be bothering as anything can happen and then the sponsor is unable to fund you, you will then recourse to public funds. They don’t want that and so will happily deny your visa until you understand this.
You need to show that something must make you return to wherever you’re coming from… presenting a sponsor does not prove this in any way.

When i sent this application in 2018, I had over £9000 pounds in my personal accounts to which I sent the statement, I also sent letter of introduction from my work place. They should also at least have taken into consideration that I've travelled there before. I still travelled to the USA after this denial. I'm not a flight risk, i only want to enter to sit for an exam.

Other than employment letter what else can I use to show this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:14pm On Mar 22
Drphade:

When i sent this application in 2018, I had over £9000 pounds in my personal accounts to which I sent the statement, I also sent letter of introduction from my work place. They should also at least have taken into consideration that I've travelled there before. I still travelled to the USA after this denial. I'm not a flight risk, i only want to enter to sit for an exam.
Other than employment letter what else can I use to show this
* applicant passport, National ID card
*if employee, payslip same reflecting in bank account
* leave letter, letter of no objection from employer
*travel itinerary detailing what you would be doing for each day of your trip, no assumptions
* exam booking confirmations
*if retired, pension slip same reflecting in bank account
*bank statements
* property documents if any
* car documents if any
*any relatives/kids/siblings/parents who are living with them
Their relevant documents
Sponsor documents (UK)
*your passport/brp/visa
*your morgagte/rental house papers
*your payslip
*your bank statements
*invitation letter

Most important write a detailed cover letter explaining all circumstances well and what happened in your previous refusals. For detailed cover letter, search for sokotogudali’s example on this thread and use..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 5:20pm On Mar 22
giselle237:

* applicant passport, National ID card
*if employee, payslip same reflecting in bank account
* leave letter, letter of no objection from employer
*travel itinerary detailing what you would be doing for each day of your trip, no assumptions
* exam booking confirmations
*if retired, pension slip same reflecting in bank account
*bank statements
* property documents if any
* car documents if any
*any relatives/kids/siblings/parents who are living with them
Their relevant documents
Sponsor documents (UK)
*your passport/brp/visa
*your morgagte/rental house papers
*your payslip
*your bank statements
*invitation letter

Most important write a detailed cover letter explaining all circumstances well and what happened in your previous refusals. For detailed cover letter, search for sokotogudali’s example on this thread and use..

OK thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: agabusta, akintola213

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.