Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825338 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 5:34pm On Mar 22
billyfranc:
VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics 6th March
Travel history - Kenya
Collection of travel document email 21st March
Passport delivered today 22nd March
6 months visa granted
Thank you guys

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:39pm On Mar 22
Drphade:

When i sent this application in 2018, I had over £9000 pounds in my personal accounts to which I sent the statement, I also sent letter of introduction from my work place. They should also at least have taken into consideration that I've travelled there before. I still travelled to the USA after this denial. I'm not a flight risk, i only want to enter to sit for an exam.

Other than employment letter what else can I use to show this

Why would you be needing a sponsor if you had 9000 pounds. Your approach to this chief is totally wrong. A sponsor more often than not can't help you. If you had declared the money back then and the ECO saw it, he wouldn't keep reverting to trying to understand your own personal circumstances.

Although 9000 pounds Sef will still get you a fat refusal if the amount is not plausible with what's your take home monthly/yearly.

Another important thing is a cover letter. No application should be made without drafting a 3 page cover letter to boot.

Insisting they check your previous travel records doesn't count cos circumstances change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 11:18pm On Mar 22
Olumain4:
Hello House! I’m interested in applying for a visit visa to the UK. I’m fortunate to have a sibling who is ready to sponsor my entire trip, and I plan to stay for a duration of 2 weeks.

I’m curious to know if I need to provide my bank account details as part of the application process. If so, what should be the minimum balance in my account?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on this matter. Thank you!

Abeg ooo.. no look and pass o. Abeg.

VISA ALERT

Biometrics 7th March
Travel history - None
Collection of travel document email: 21st March
Passport delivered: 22nd March
6 months visa.

Thanks to the guys who responded to my question

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drphade: 1:40am On Mar 23
Thegamingorca:

Why would you be needing a sponsor if you had 9000 pounds. Your approach to this chief is totally wrong. A sponsor more often than not can't help you. If you had declared the money back then and the ECO saw it, he wouldn't keep reverting to trying to understand your own personal circumstances.

Although 9000 pounds Sef will still get you a fat refusal if the amount is not plausible with what's your take home monthly/yearly.

Another important thing is a cover letter. No application should be made without drafting a 3 page cover letter to boot.

Insisting they check your previous travel records doesn't count cos circumstances change.

I hear you about the cover letter, will be sure to add it in. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vivianchi98: 6:48am On Mar 23
Please can I get affordable hotel recommendations close to Abuja airport cos my flight is quite early
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 8:51am On Mar 23
Please are we to pay for appointment at TLS Lagos ?
Trying to book appointment and i am seeing 99k for TLS ikeja appointment
i thought is free shocked
what am i not doing right
meanwhile, is self service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 9:20am On Mar 23
wow congratulations what are the documents submitted

billyfranc:
VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics 6th March
Travel history - Kenya
6 months visa granted
Thank you guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 9:38am On Mar 23
sihamey:
Please are we to pay for appointment at TLS Lagos ?
Trying to book appointment and i am seeing 99k for TLS ikeja appointment
i thought is free shocked
what am i not doing right
meanwhile, is self service

The thing with TLS is that free appointment sometimes takes two weeks or more. So keep looking for free bookings, you may be lucky. Meanwhile the 99k is inclusive DHL delivery service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 9:44am On Mar 23
Childofgrace18:

The thing with TLS is that free appointment sometimes takes two weeks or more. So keep looking for free bookings, you may be lucky. Meanwhile the 99k is inclusive DHL delivery service.

This is what am getting including courier services

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Starprogress: 9:45am On Mar 23
Explore your tour with TECNO SPARK20Series by having memories of your fun, Sparkling your love tour properly.
giselle237:
Have they gone somewhere else on family vacation before? Do you guys have any travel history ? Already with 1 refusal, i feel like your next application needs to be water tight without any doubts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:50am On Mar 23
sihamey:

Who send una to pick Flexi appointment? Pick free appointment two to three weeks from now.

Meanwhile, I can only imagine what VI ppl would be paying for booking grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:51am On Mar 23
Starprogress:
Explore your tour with TECNO SPARK20Series by having memories of your fun, Sparkling your love tour properly.

This one nah ad abi wetin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 10:17am On Mar 23
congratulations so what are the documents submitted

Olumain4:

VISA ALERT

Biometrics 7th March
Travel history - None
Collection of travel document email: 21st March
Passport delivered: 22nd March
6 months visa.

Thanks to the guys who responded to my question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 10:28am On Mar 23
sihamey:

This is serious, everything have added money oooo, the last time my wife did hers, total was 99k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 10:32am On Mar 23
Thegamingorca:

Who send una to pick Flexi appointment? Pick free appointment two to three weeks from now.

Okay i got it now. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 11:33am On Mar 23
Thegamingorca:

VI, Enugu and port Harcourt is paying 246k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23
Childofgrace18:

VI, Enugu and port Harcourt is paying 246k

grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 3:51pm On Mar 23
pufframmy:
congratulations so what are the documents submitted

The documents everyone submit is likey not the same but as for me. I submitted the following:

My Bank statement
Job offer letter and leave letter

Sponsor bank statement
Sponsor permit, residential agreement
Sponsor passort and relation document
Sponsor invitation letter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 3:52pm On Mar 23
Childofgrace18:

Congratulations

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BigSisNaija: 6:08pm On Mar 23
Make sure your mum has double whatever money she wants to spend. ie, money for her flight, accomodations and fun. Even if she'll stay with you, she must have the complete money and extra. Also, don't add any lump sum to her account. Her funds seem genuine, so you can gift her money and provide evidence that you gifted her the money. They just need to see enough legit money in her account.
ifyobidiaso:
Good Afternoon,

I need help or suggestions.

I am trying to make an application for my mother to come and visit me in Birmingham Uk.She is a level 16 officer working with lagos state government for over 25 years.She is been paid 280,000N and she has a second job with an online store where she responds to orders and she is been payed 100,000N monthly she has a closing balance of about 2,290,000.She has been to Egypt and has a Canada/American denial.

I just finshed my university and recently had my brp changed in January to skull worker Visa and I recently got a job with the Uk civil service in the department for transport.Prior to that I worked in my Uni and started doing support work in September.I have about 2500 pounds in savings.

Please I need detailed help on how to put an application for my mum she wants to come visiting in March for graduation I have gotten a letter for her as well if not she doesnt mind visiting during the Easter Holiday.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BigSisNaija: 6:22pm On Mar 23
If it's visiting visa he must explain the source and genuineness of his funds. Each transaction must be explained. Even with a sponsor, unless you're elderly, you must show sufficient funds for flight, feeding and accomodations. [quote author=Cashmadam post=128565568][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chidirobert(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23
Good evening guys please am currently applying for my UK dependent visa I have uploaded all documents except one which is my wife’s residence permit,hope it’s ok if I go with it to my biometrics?pls am worried about it someone please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 10:07pm On Mar 23
chidirobert:
Good evening guys please am currently applying for my UK dependent visa I have uploaded all documents except one which is my wife’s residence permit,hope it’s ok if I go with it to my biometrics?pls am worried about it someone please help me

We're are you doing your biometric? If is TLS office Lagos no wahala, you will just pay around 27k and they will upload it for you. But if is Enugu and Ph, you have to do it yourself because they don't have the facility to upload documents. TLS don't have physical offices in those locations, they are using hotels for their biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opakunle1: 3:34am On Mar 24
Can children who entered the UK at the age of 6 or7 years old and have spent 7 years legally afterwards in the country be considered for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Deehemjay(m): 8:26am On Mar 24
Be thankful to God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Deehemjay(m): 8:47am On Mar 24
————
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 2:30pm On Mar 24
thanks that cool

Olumain4:

The documents everyone submit is likey not the same but as for me. I submitted the following:

My Bank statement

Sponsor bank statement

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 2:31pm On Mar 24
billyfranc:
VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics 6th March
Travel history - Kenya
6 months visa granted
Thank you guys
Congratulations.

But you guys should always share how it goes after successful application.

Documents submitted, travel history, statement, employment status (company ownership or employee) etc

This is to help anyone interested as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 2:32pm On Mar 24
Olumain4:

My Bank statement

Sponsor bank statement

Basically, your sponsor is in the UK, implying that your accomodation is sorted. This will reduce pressure on your finances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 2:56pm On Mar 24
Saeed348:

Closing balance -2.45M
Budget, including flight -1.9M
Duration -3 days
Purpose - exams
Congratulations.

I think this thing is just luck sometimes.

Some people here do say all the traveling expenses should not exceed 50% of your salary/balance

Here, you're spending more than 60% of your account balance, and you're granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 3:03pm On Mar 24
alert20:

Congratulations bro.... If I may ask?? How much was your closing balance and how much do you earn monthly and how much are you spending on this trip.... Thanks ✌️✌️
It's based on luck at times and how you package your application.

From his response, you'll see how close the bank balance is to amount to be spent.

Travel history is not to any of the OECD countries, but visa granted

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 3:09pm On Mar 24
davodyguy:

Basically, your sponsor is in the UK, implying that your accomodation is sorted. This will reduce pressure on your finances

Yes..

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (612) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.