Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825355 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24
Saeed348:

Closing balance -2.45M
Budget, including flight -1.9M
Duration -3 days
Purpose - exams

What documents did you submit please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:27pm On Mar 24
The success of visa applications often hinges not just on the documents provided, but on the clarity and persuasiveness with which the case is presented.
Do everything and present every document unique to your case/situation that can assuage the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) ‘s fears that you are a potential overstayer.
It is also advisable to draft a cover letter, succinctly summarizing the key points of the application, how each requirement is met, and why the visa should be granted. This can help frame the application in a way that is easily digestible for the ECO, ensuring they have all necessary information at their fingertips.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 4:47pm On Mar 24
davodyguy:

Congratulations.

I think this thing is just luck sometimes.

Some people here do say all the traveling expenses should not exceed 50% of your salary/balance

Here, you're spending more than 60% of your account balance, and you're granted.

He is going to write exams and is likely PLAB2 test. And he must have shown all the evidences. In his case it doesn't necessarily need to be 50% salary spending.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 6:25pm On Mar 24
davodyguy:

It's based on luck at times and how you package your application.

From his response, you'll see how close the bank balance is to amount to be spent.

Travel history is not to any of the OECD countries, but visa granted
He's going for an exam that can only be done in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Odbestie: 9:10pm On Mar 24
Good day everyone

I'm trying to apply for UK visitor visa, I also have a sponsor in the UK, but please can you tell me the range or exact amount of money in your bank as at when you submitted your bank statement? @Olumain4

Please can I also submit three/four/five months bank statement? Or it must be six months?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 11:49pm On Mar 24
Odbestie:
Good day everyone

I'm trying to apply for UK visitor visa, I also have a sponsor in the UK, but please can you tell me the range or exact amount of money in your bank as at when you submitted your bank statement? @Olumain4

Please can I also submit three/four/five months bank statement? Or it must be six months?

Thanks.

3 months is okay.
Since you have a sponsor, the amount really doesnt matter but you should have enough for emergency.
The reason i submitted my statement is to prove i am working, the montly earnings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:30am On Mar 25
Olumain4:

3 months is okay.
Since you have a sponsor, the amount really doesnt matter but you should have enough for emergency.
The reason i submitted my statement is to prove i am working, the montly earnings.

3 months is not okay oh! Put 2 weeks maximum. Why show them that you want to spend time in the UK just because you have a sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:33am On Mar 25
Odbestie:
Good day everyone

Thanks.

Omoh ppls reasons to request for visitor visa differ even if you have sponsor it will be your own circumstances they will want to see being explained. Three months is too long to be a burden on a sponsor anywhere in the world. Put two weeks and show the workings of what will carry you back to Nigeria after two weeks.

After getting the visa you can decide to spend 5 months straight no one cares

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 12:54am On Mar 25
Thegamingorca:

Omoh ppls reasons to request for visitor visa differ even if you have sponsor it will be your own circumstances they will want to see being explained. Three months is too long to be a burden on a sponsor anywhere in the world. Put two weeks and show the workings of what will carry you back to Nigeria after two weeks.

[quote author=Thegamingorca post=129093342]

After getting the visa you can decide to spend 5 months straight no one car[quote author=Thegamingorca post=129093342]

After getting the visa you can decide to spend 5 months straight no one care
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 3:07am On Mar 25
Cover letter
Payslip
Bank statement
Evidence of Exam booking
Hotel reservation

Naijagram:

What documents did you submit please?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 7:16am On Mar 25
Thegamingorca:

3 months is not okay oh! Put 2 weeks maximum. Why show them that you want to spend time in the UK just because you have a sponsor?

3 months bank statement...not 3 month stay. Pls read carefully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 7:17am On Mar 25
Thegamingorca:

3 months bank statement for the applicant...not 3 month stay. Pls read carefully
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:20am On Mar 25
Childofgrace18:

You don't need any visa once you aren't living the airport.

Before, when the UK was still part of the European Union, Nigerian or non-European citizens with a UK visa did not need to apply for a separate ATV.

Now that the UK is a non-EU nation, the rules for transit have changed. A Nigerian passport holder with a UK visa must obtain a transit visa for connecting flights at any of the Schengen airports.

You are exempt from this rule if you hold a valid visa from an EU or EEA Member State, Canada, the US, or Japan.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 8:30am On Mar 25
chidirobert:
Good evening guys please am currently applying for my UK dependent visa

Baba, please can I connect with you outside the forum?

I'm about beginning my own dependant application and I'll need some vital information.

Your email or WhatsApp number will be appreciated for further communication.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 8:46am On Mar 25
AyodejiGREAT:

Baba, please can I connect with you outside the forum?

I'm about beginning my own dependant application and I'll need some vital information.

Your email or WhatsApp number will be appreciated for further communication.

I really know the information you need but dependant Visa is one of the easiest application.

Documents needed are:

1: Birth certificate or declaration of age certificate from NPC.
2: Marriage Certificate
3: A proof that your marriage is genuine and subsisting. Here you need pictures or you and your spouse together both old and new, WhatsApp chats, Facebook chats, bank transactions, tenancy agreement of you people are paying rent together but is not a must.
4: Your spouse Cos number
5: Your spouse address in the UK, if maintenance is ticked in the Cos and is less than 3months, you can put the address in the Cos as your spouse address.
6: Police clearance certificate (you can get this in police headquarters in your state or you can apply online and book your biometrics)
7: TB test
8: If maintenance was not ticked in your spouse Cos and is more than 3months, you need to present a statement of account with £1,270 or more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Odbestie: 9:22am On Mar 25
Thanks so much everyone for your response

Please how do I extend my stay after getting there?

Do I need to submit any document? Or I just need to extend my flight ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 9:30am On Mar 25
Childofgrace18:

7: TB test

When applying for this, what visa am I suppose to put for the TB test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 9:43am On Mar 25
AyodejiGREAT:

When applying for this, what visa am I suppose to put for the TB test.

Check TB test centers close to you, their is IOM in Ikeja Lagos, saint Nicholas hospital in island. Their are approved hospitals in Abuja too and IOM in Benin. The visa is UK dependant Visa or UK visa I have forgotten. But I did mine at saint Nicholas hospital.

But the disadvantage of saint Nicholas hospital is that their results takes 24hours to come out but others you have to collect it immediately.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 9:46am On Mar 25
Odbestie:

Is it extending your 6months visa? If so, you can't get extension in the UK, u have to come back and reapply for either 2,5 or 10years Visa which you can't stay in the UK for more than 6months.

But if is your return ticket, you can extend it through the airline or the agent that booked it for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 9:46am On Mar 25
Childofgrace18:

saint Nicholas hospital in island. The visa is UK dependant Visa or UK visa I have forgotten.
I'm currently on St Nicholas' page to register, I just wanted to be sure if I'm putting a skilled worker visa or dependant visa.. Thanks for the clarification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:19am On Mar 25
Odbestie:

Extend stay? Oga how long do you want to stay in great Britain without work?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 11:02am On Mar 25
Please I wanted to ask, I’ll be applying for a visitors visa soon, my office has a trip slated for me after I return from my leave, it’s an international trip, can I attach it also for a reason I’ll return, the work trip is 3 weeks after I return from Manchester. Can I attach the flight ticket as prove ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 11:41am On Mar 25
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25
You can also include introductory letter from employer

Naijagram:

Thanks so much.
You didn't have to submit company introduction letter and employment letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 7:45am On Mar 26
Please good people, any affordable hotels near Abuja airport, where person fit stay for early flight to catch.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 7:55am On Mar 26
Hello people,
Please is it possible to change my biometrics location to ikoyi after picking ikeja initially and made payment already. My mum decided to change to ikoyi because she was asked to reschedule her appointment because of network issues after she travelled all the way down to Lagos , now she wishes to reschedule and change to ikoyi.. please is this possible and if yes how do I go about it for her. Thanks as I await your quickest responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Suzam: 8:32am On Mar 26
Trying to invite my mother-in-law to uk for atleast 10days to meet grandchild

She's a trader, own a shop (business not registered) na foodstuff she dry sell and have like 2.5m in her acct.

I'm covering air fare
Got £2k+ in my acct

Will dis fly?

From me
Payslip
3months Statement
Letter from me
Contract from wrk
Brp
Residencial agreement

Wife
Mother and daughter picture
2 months statement (works part time)
Affidavit since no birth cert
Brp

Mother-in-law
1month acct stat
applicant passport, ID
Letter from her
Travel itinerary
More family pics
Pics of her at her shop
Some Receipt of shop rent

Kindly assist with what else to add as supporting doc @thegamingorca @giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by YAOE: 12:07pm On Mar 26
De
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:59pm On Mar 26
Come again. You have only 2k+ in your account in total?
Is this correct? If yes, this is too small.
I would not sponsor anyone with 2k alone. Its risky.
Also the person you are inviting you say petty trading but has 2.5 million . How was this gotten?
Is there any documentation to show proof? Have these funds been there a long time or just last week was deposited to inflate her accounts?

Then you want to provide 3 months bank statement from yourself, 2 months from your wife and then 1 month for the applicant.
Obviously you have done no homework.
This has red flags all over it and will not work
Suzam:
She's a trader, own a shop (business not registered) na foodstuff she dry sell and have like 2.5m in her acct.
I'm covering air fare
Got £2k+ in my acct
Will dis fly?

From me
Payslip
3months Statement
Letter from me
Contract from wrk
Brp
Residencial agreement

Wife
Brp

Mother-in-law
1month acct stat
applicant passport, ID
Letter from her
Travel itinerary
More family pics
Pics of her at her shop
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:53pm On Mar 26
Suzam:

I'm covering air fare
Got £2k+ in my acct

Will dis fly?

From me
Payslip
3months Statement
Letter from me
Contract from wrk
Brp
Residencial agreement

Wife
Brp

Mother-in-law
1month acct stat
applicant passport, ID
Letter from her
Travel itinerary
More family pics
Pics of her at her shop

Kindly assist with what else to add as supporting doc @thegamingorca @giselle237

In her application, make that "atleast 10days", "at most".

She needs the business registered as a restaurant or something oh, she sha needs to show evidence that she is gainfully employed, cos this will be the crux of her home ties.
More importantly, what's her monthly expenses, what's her monthly take home after paying staff and other deductions?

Yes you are sponsoring her but that 2.5m in her account is equivalent to almost 1200 pounds. She can't be seen to spend more than 3 times her disposable income and you and I know that will not fly. It's either you sponsor her completely with funding or not at all. About the place you mentioned you only have 2k pounds to your name, I feel this is clearly not the right time for your mum to visit, honestly. The finances is reason enough for any eco to straight up deny her.

In terms of purpose, Going to see one's newborn grandchild is Reason enough to visit but her own circumstance and how this trip will not render her a beggar on the streets will be what the eco will look at to justify this as being frivolous or not.

Imagine you are the ECO, wondering about the next applicant after addressing several hundreds. After reading her application alot of things cross his mind, to the point he is now pondering over why you are going through all this trouble, when it is far easier for you (the daughter) to travel from the UK to go and meet your mother with her grandchild in Nigeria in future when you are more financially buoyant as opposed to making her embark on this trip that will more often than not render her and yourself nearly bankrupt?

If you can provide an answer to that question then you can be my guest and tell her to apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jj17cv(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27
Pls why this happen

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 10:00pm On Mar 27
Experiencing this as well. Tried paying earlier today and got this. Then an apology message as follow up saying they are working on the site to rectify it.

jj17cv:
Pls why this happen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (612) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.