Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832372 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Marviana: 10:34pm On May 02, 2022
Thank you Giselle. I can see where I got it wrong. Tbh there was no rush to visit the UK, just some decisions that weren't well thought of led to that.
giselle237:
@marviana see what we say about rush… there was no point rushing there when you did not have salary credits for a whole 3 months.. my confusion is where we are all rushing to and then when refusal, we are then prepared to get it right … when in the very 1st place it could all have been done properly
I hate this pattern to be honest.
You had not received salary of 3 months or more, you went on to propose budget of 1.1m… what if ECO was thinking this worker was not truly working at said place. If u were a visa officer, you wont give the visa
Pls allow a minimum of 4-6 months salary credits to enter before you go anywhere. This is to reduce all doubts. Uk is not running. Also reduce your monthly expenditure if possible to have more disposable income.
If your friend is not inviting you again, then use hotel reservation, detail your activities daily of what you plan to do and rethink your budget. If your trip will cost 1.1m, how much will be left off in the account after such sum is taken out? Hope the account will not be so drastically reduced and then eco starts to wonder what you will fend on when you return from the trip. Show other ties as well.. marriage, kids, property, investment, land, house, stock, shares, aged parents, etc
As for the other explanation about conversion rate or not it’s fine to explain.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 10:50pm On May 02, 2022
Yes definitely, i am working on the 2nd reason. I wanted to know if there’s a timeline to reapply after getting a refusal

duchess90:
Hello

The question is not how soon you can reapply, that can be done immediately.
What is most important is addressing the concerns raised. For instance, the second reason, how can you address that?

Otherwise you'll keep piling refusals.

Address the concerns raised,dot your i 's and cross your t's and then reapply.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Marviana: 10:52pm On May 02, 2022
Thank you for your kind words. Tbh I built up my account up until that point, evidently a lot could have been avoided and hopefully there won't be any more payment delays.

Cashmadam:

Good evening. Sorry about the refusal.

I suggest you wait at least six months before you reapply. There is no point rushing to reapply and getting another refusal.

First, start building a CLEAN account from today. No unnecessary large deposits. Let the only major inflow be your salary. There were many loopholes in your previous application. With no salary for three months, it was a disaster waiting to happen.

If you friend cannot give you another invitation, then apply as a tourist. There is nothing wrong in that.

Build your account for six months, apply as a tourist and add a cover letter to your next application - to explain what happened with the first application. Add all relevant documents - evidence of job, properties, etc. Be honest. Pray. You will be fine. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 10:54pm On May 02, 2022
Marviana:
Good evening all
Happy Ramadan,
1.I think you were not lucky. The bank statement you submitted was not the wrong since it was the true reflection of your personal circumstance but you needed to write a cover letter to explain the absence of your December to February salary. if you had done that, the ECO would have deferred your case and contact your employer to confirm your circumstance.
2. With the conversion rate, next time, state the amount you are paid in USD for the ECO to do the conversion for you.
In conclusion, you can still apply now and clearly explain in your cover letter

I just got a refusal letter. I did my biometrics on the 23rd of March.
I think the first mistake I made was to use the black market rate to calculate my salary, I get paid in USD and at the time I applied I didn't know about Oanda or Nairaland and I noticed the Eco's conversion was in Pounds and slightly higher than what I earn. I hope this wouldn't be seen as deceit from my side.

The main reason for my refusal as stated was that there was no inflow of cash from December to March. I agree that there was some payment delay from December to February (3 months). I didn't know how long it was going to take and I had sufficient funds to cover my trip, an invitation letter from a friend who is a British national, he agreed to accommodate me during my 2 weeks stay so we decided that I put in my application instead of waiting for my outstanding salary.
I did state I'd be spending 1.1m( 2,123 £)on the trip
Payment for March only was made right before I printed my bank statement and went for my biometrics, I honestly thought that would suffice. Exactly a month after my biometrics I was paid for the months owed. (Too little too late).

Please I just want to know how to proceed, how soon should I reapply?
Should I also state that I used the black market rate of that day which resulted to a slightly higher salary as calculated by the Eco which was different from what was captured on my statement.
How should I prove that the deposit that came in really was for the outstanding salary?

Lastly, is it advisable to use the tourism route this time with a shorter stay (maybe 9 days) given my friend and I aren't on good terms and he's not giving another invitation letter.

Please how do you advise I handle this?
Where do you think I went wrong please?
I'm stuck.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 10:55pm On May 02, 2022
Thank you so much for this advice

giselle237:
after all this, add the statement of account for the originating fund. Allow ECO to see where this large sum or salary credits had come from. There is no assumption. Some people even go on to use highlighter to buttress these credits. You carry large sum dump in your account very close to visa application, as far as the ECO is concerned this is money lodgment until proven otherwise. All the other statement of accounts could have shown how this money was made and how it travelled to the other acct. You can reapply even tomorrow, if you still have not addressed the reason for the denials and shown considerable change in circumstances from last denial, be sure and very expectant of another refusal. There is already at least one on your back from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 11:13pm On May 02, 2022
Longjonjoe:
I also got a refusal letter today, imagine waking up and gbam! The email just dropped. The two reasons why i was denied was the large sum of money I received between December and January, the money didn’t have a narration, now i see the reason why when transferring money from one of your account to the other, always write a narration maybe “savings” or just state what the money will be used for. I didn’t explain the large sum in a letter to UKVI. The 2nd reason was my company i work for, they said they checked it on CAC and it showed “INACTIVE” omo i weak!!! I’ve been working here for 3 years now. Guys please how soon can I reapply, i was advised by a friend that i should wait for 6 months. That is far. Has anyone applied immediately after they got s refusal and got the visa eventually or they waited 6 months. I will gladly appreciate your answers please. Thank you

I think, your major issue is the CAC showing inactive, until it shows active forget uk.
With the lump sum, explain the source with a document in your cover letter

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 11:49pm On May 02, 2022
thank you very much, the main thing now is that CAC.

Wasoso:

I think, your major issue is the CAC showing inactive, until it shows active forget uk.
With the lump sum, explain the source with a document in your cover letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Angeltemmy1: 12:31am On May 03, 2022
My mum is trying to apply for a visit visa to the uk, my sister is based there but she’s a full time mom. My mum has some funds but not enough in her account, can I also support her with my bank statement in Canadian dollar , I am based in Canada but will be funding her trip to Uk to visit my sister, my sis in uk will be sending invitation letter. Is this acceptable?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 1:14am On May 03, 2022
Hi all,

Please how do i fill the income and expenditure part on the visa form for my children ?

How much are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?.....when i type 0 I'm unable to save, I'm paying for them.

What's the total amount you spend each month? not sure what response to fill for a child?

should i write total amount we plan to spend on the trip and explain in the additional info section ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 8:03am On May 03, 2022
adelejane:
Hi all,

Please how do i fill the income and expenditure part on the visa form for my children ?

How much are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?.....when i type 0 I'm unable to save, I'm paying for them.
state the total budget you planned only for your child or you write by father
[b]What's the total amount you spend each month? not sure what response to fill for a child?
Since he/she is child and does not have personal bank statement to demonstrate that, write dependant on father or by father
should i write total amount we plan to spend on the trip and explain in the additional info section ?
Just explain in the adddition info section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 8:29am On May 03, 2022
Angeltemmy1:
My mum is trying to apply for a visit visa to the uk, my sister is based there but she’s a full time mom. My mum has some funds but not enough in her account, can I also support her with my bank statement in Canadian dollar , I am based in Canada but will be funding her trip to Uk to visit my sister, my sis in uk will be sending invitation letter. Is this acceptable?
Is acceptable so far as you prove to the ECO she can access it but what is her personal circumstance or ties in Nigeria.
1. Economic circumstance- is she employed, unemployed or retired to merit your sponsorship
2. Social ties- husband, children and grandchildren in Nigeria
3. Travel history
4. Financial circumstance - funds available for her trip (i think is the one you are providing)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by surplusbaba(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2022
Hello guys. Am a silent reader here. Please i need the official email of UK embassy. Like i have not applied for any visa in the past, i just want to make a general enquiry before my application. Anyone with official email for general enquiries should kindly provide. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shewa12345: 2:51pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Everyone,
My mum just got a refusal email. The main reason was that the school she owns and manages "is currently inactive and
therefore not operating and generating any revenues." The school is obviously operating and generating revenue but I guess it shows up as inactive. We even included the school's up-to-date tax payment receipts but I guess that wasn't enough. Even though I was stated as the sponsor with more than enough money in USD shown to sponsor her stay, no reference was made to that in the refusal letter. I live in the US and was also planning to visit the UK to see my mum. All of this was mentioned in the application but I guess it wasn't enough.

My question is this: how have people with businesses sorted out this CAC thing? Did you go to CAC to contest this? did you send an email? how long did it take them to update it? what did you do? Thank you so much for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 3:26pm On May 03, 2022
If her business shows INACTIVE on CAC website, it means she hasn't filed annual returns. Get this sorted, email CAC with evidence, her account will be updated to be ACTIVE.

The whole process shouldn't take more than two weeks.

shewa12345:
Hello Everyone,
My mum just got a refusal email. The main reason was that the school she owns and manages "is currently inactive and
therefore not operating and generating any revenues." The school is obviously operating and generating revenue but I guess it shows up as inactive. We even included the school's up-to-date tax payment receipts but I guess that wasn't enough. Even though I was stated as the sponsor with more than enough money in USD shown to sponsor her stay, no reference was made to that in the refusal letter. I live in the US and was also planning to visit the UK to see my mum. All of this was mentioned in the application but I guess it wasn't enough.

My question is this: how have people with businesses sorted out this CAC thing? Did you go to CAC to contest this? did you send an email? how long did it take them to update it? what did you do? Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shewa12345: 3:38pm On May 03, 2022
Thank you so much. I have a quick question. Although they didn't explicitly mention CAC in the letter, this is what was mentioned:
"Home Office checks have confirmed that this school is currently inactive and therefore not operating and generating any revenues.". Does this refer to CAC? Also, she pays tax every month to Lagos IRS. Is this different from annual returns? I know annual returns should be filed once a year so I'm guessing it is different. I will please appreciate more information.

Thank you again.

Africankel:
If her business shows INACTIVE on CAC website, it means she hasn't filed annual returns. Get this sorted, email CAC with evidence, her account will be updated to be ACTIVE.

The whole process shouldn't take more than two weeks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2022
Yes. They meant CAC. Taxes are different from annual returns.

shewa12345:
Thank you so much. I have a quick question. Although they didn't explicitly mention CAC in the letter, this is what was mentioned:
"Home Office checks have confirmed that this school is currently inactive and therefore not operating and generating any revenues.". Does this refer to CAC? Also, she pays tax every month to Lagos IRS. Is this different from annual returns? I know annual returns should be filed once a year so I'm guessing it is different. I will please appreciate more information.

Thank you again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shewa12345: 3:52pm On May 03, 2022
ok, I just did a quick google search and I know what to do.
One question I have though is that. Her school is registered as a business name and not a registered company. Do you think this matters?

shewa12345:

Thank you again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shewa12345: 3:53pm On May 03, 2022
Thank you so much. One question I have though is that: Her school is registered as a business name and not a registered company. Do you think this matters?

Africankel:
Yes. They meant CAC. Taxes are different from annual returns.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2022
It doesn't matter. It's even easier to file these returns with Business Name as she wouldn't go through the hurdles of preparing financial statements.

shewa12345:
Thank you so much. One question I have though is that: Her school is registered as a business name and not a registered company. Do you think this matters?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 4:00pm On May 03, 2022
I did biometrics on 29th April and my application was transferred to DMC the same day but since then it has not showed that DMC has received it. I use to think DMC receives applications same day it was transferred to them. Abi is it the public holiday that is dulling the process?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shewa12345: 4:15pm On May 03, 2022
Thank you so much.

Africankel:
It doesn't matter. It's even easier to file these returns with Business Name as she wouldn't go through the hurdles of preparing financial statements.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jennyhumphrey(f): 4:45pm On May 03, 2022
29th April was Friday, please wait till tommorow due to the holidays
nwaogukings03:
I did biometrics on 29th April and my application was transferred to DMC the same day but since then it has not showed that DMC has received it. I use to think DMC receives applications same day it was transferred to them. Abi is it the public holiday that is dulling the process?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akaprince(m): 5:07pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Seniors.

Please, can one apply for skilled worker visa using ielts result and IOM medical certificate carrying the old passport details? Just renewed passport last month after delays in getting sponsorship. Is it okay to apply without updating the two documents with the new passport details? The old passport number is on the new one. Need guidance from those who have experienced same please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akaprince(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Seniors.

Please, can one apply for skilled worker visa using ielts result, PCC and IOM medical certificate carrying the old passport details? Just renewed passport last month after delays in getting sponsorship. Is it okay to apply without updating the two documents with the new passport details? The old passport number is on the new one. Need guidance from those who have experienced same please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:35pm On May 03, 2022
akaprince:
Please, can one apply for skilled worker visa using ielts result, PCC and IOM medical certificate carrying the old passport details? Just renewed passport last month after delays in getting sponsorship. Is it okay to apply without updating the two documents with the new passport details? The old passport number is on the new one. Need guidance from those who have experienced same please.
you dnt need to update anything. Go ahead and apply and attach the previous passport’s data page to show continuity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Matie02: 6:11pm On May 03, 2022
Good evening house, please I'm new here; I want to find out the requirements for a company sponsoring a staff for a training in UK. Is the company bank statement required assuming the company transferred the training cost into the staff bank account
For the staff, what documents are required?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pagxy: 6:13pm On May 03, 2022
nwaogukings03:
My friends own took 7 days to show received by DMC so don't worry it will show.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sawdikk: 6:54pm On May 03, 2022
Pagxy:

My friends own took 7 days to show received by DMC so don't worry it will show.
So if they didn’t send received by DMC, does it mean isn’t on processing yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
Hello everyone, is there anyone here that did biometrics on April 5th, Ikeja that has gotten his/her passport back from UKVI?
This wait is tiring!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sawdikk: 7:54pm On May 03, 2022
Bosslady25:
Hello everyone, is there anyone here that did biometrics on April 5th, Ikeja that has gotten his/her passport back from UKVI?
This wait is tiring!!!

I did 5th too, Abuja.. nothing yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bukad(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2022
Did 5th too, TLS Abuja. Sent paid mail today and reply says still awaiting decision. Almost a month now, no NSF mail. Uni resumes 23rd May.

Bosslady25:

This wait is tiring!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Ricardokaka7 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.