Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831044 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:53pm On May 05, 2022
sensisosu:
Hello guys.. I applied for visit visa on april 6 @ Ikeja center and I have not received a decision as at this moment. I called their phone line and was told visit visa takes an average of 6 weeks and it’s within processing time.

What are my options as I am due to go back to the US third week in may and I am worried about this whole scenario

You can hold on a little bit and see if it will be ready before the end of 2nd week in May. Or you can change your travel date to the US if you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sensisosu: 5:39pm On May 05, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

You can hold on a little bit and see if it will be ready before the end of 2nd week in May. Or you can change your travel date to the US if you can.

Can I submit a complaint or send a paid email to them for updates ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:14pm On May 05, 2022
sensisosu:

Can I submit a complaint or send a paid email to them for updates ?

You can but I don’t think that will change anything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IvyBrownwrites(f): 9:27pm On May 05, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Navaisha: 9:38pm On May 05, 2022
Hello everyone
I am about to apply for dependent visas for my self and my 2 kids, to join my husband in the uk. Please I need help with getting an appointment with tls. How can I ensure that we get the same slot for our appointments and would I have to pay for the courier service 3 times? Considering that I have to get the appointments with 3 different applications.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by whitley(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2022
Good evening my nairaland family, please I need advice on visa application for my mom on visiting visa.
1)" I just concluded my msc and my graduation is July 28th I would want my mom to use the opportunity to get a uk visa, she's a single mom as my dad has passed and she does business(food) although she makes good money enough to cover her trip and proof of funds but most lodgment is cash and the business not CAC certified and sometimes she doesn't even pay to her account especially when shes try to say ny little hro school fees. Also she gets rent from her properties. I know I can attach my invite letter and certificates of completion to her application but the properties are in my name" so what's the best way to show the VO that she's has ties back home.

2)Also my younger brother who's 19 years still goes to a private uni enough to show ties?

3)PS, my wife just applied to switch to work visa we haven't gotten decision yet would this hinder hers?.....

please advice sorry for the long read
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 11:52pm On May 05, 2022
whitley:
Good evening my nairaland family, please I need advice on visa application for my mom on visiting visa.
1)" I just concluded my msc and my graduation is July 28th I would want my mom to use the opportunity to get a uk visa, she's a single mom as my dad has passed and she does business(food) although she makes good money enough to cover her trip and proof of funds but most lodgment is cash and the business not CAC certified and sometimes she doesn't even pay to her account especially when shes try to say ny little hro school fees. Also she gets rent from her properties. I know I can attach my invite letter and certificates of completion to her application but the properties are in my name" so what's the best way to show the VO that she's has ties back home.

2)Also my younger brother who's 19 years still goes to a private uni enough to show ties?

3)PS, my wife just applied to switch to work visa we haven't gotten decision yet would this hinder hers?.....
1. My brother, the hard truth is, it will be difficult to convince the ECO to grant your mum visa
2. Your brother would need school fees receipt, school introductory letter, transcript, personal bank statement showing how he support himself on daily basis
3. No, it will not

please advice sorry for the long read
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meashelle: 6:45am On May 06, 2022
Hi all,

Please I need help with regards to UK visitor visa. Here's a summary of the situation below:

I am a student in the UK and my mom and sister want to visit for the summer holiday. My mum is a teacher with earnings of less than NGN50,000 a month. My sister is a final year student at a private university. What documents do they need for application and how much money do they need for proof of funds. Also, what is the application process?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ditha(f): 10:40am On May 06, 2022
Thanks @giselle237. Canada visa came through today! Phew
ditha:
Yeah I have some doubt . Will just leave the 3M in the business account and let in grow for a couple of months while waiting for Canada’s decision

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 11:45am On May 06, 2022
Hi all,

I am guiding a friend in applying for his visit visa. He has a good job and strong family ties.he is the bestman for his cousin's wedding and he will be providing accommodation and feeding only for his stay 10days.

Does he need to monetize the value of this and input it in this section please?

Kindly advise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:43pm On May 06, 2022
ditha:
Thanks @giselle237. Canada visa came through today! Phew
omg!! so good to hear congratulations..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:49pm On May 06, 2022
duchess90:
Hi all,I am guiding a friend in applying for his visit visa. He has a good job and strong family ties.he is the bestman for his cousin's wedding and he will be providing accommodation and feeding only for his stay 10days.Does he need to monetize the value of this and input it in this section please?
Kindly advise
who will be providing accommod? The groom? If it’s the groom, the groom needs to write a very detailed invitation letter and say tht he is providing accommodation and feedn for 10 days. Attach tenancy agreement as well. Applicant also needs to bring this to eco’s attention that host/groom is covering accommo and feeding in his form and/or cover letter.
If it’s the groom’ home, there will be no need to monetize it. This is safer. If groom will put applicant in a hotel, then groom has to write a letter + add proof of his financial ability ie bank statement.
Adequate information eg room cost for such days will need to have a total amount put + proof of reservation.
This is not the absolute list of things to be added pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:57pm On May 06, 2022
duchess90:
Hi all,

I am guiding a friend in applying for his visit visa. He has a good job and strong family ties.he is the bestman for his cousin's wedding and he will be providing accommodation and feeding only for his stay 10days.

Does he need to monetize the value of this and input it in this section please?

Kindly advise

No need. His friend is not paying anything towards the trip. He is not a sponsor. So, he should not tick the circle. His friend only needs to provide a letter of invitation and state that he will provide accomodation and feeding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
meashelle:
Hi all,

Please I need help with regards to UK visitor visa. Here's a summary of the situation below:

I am a student in the UK and my mom and sister want to visit for the summer holiday. My mum is a teacher with earnings of less than NGN50,000 a month. My sister is a final year student at a private university. What documents do they need for application and how much money do they need for proof of funds. Also, what is the application process?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Very dicey. You mum's income is low and your sister is a student. Do you have like 5K Pounds in your account? You can sponsor them but their financial standing might be a red flag to the visa officer...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 1:03pm On May 06, 2022
giselle237:
omg!! so good to hear congratulations..
Mama of the house. Your matter clear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Thanks Giselle,

The groom will provide accommodation in his home, documents and mortgage details have been sent.

On that section of the application, will it be a No since it isn't cash value?

Regards

giselle237:
who will be providing accommod? The groom? If it’s the groom, the groom needs to write a very detailed invitation letter and say tht he is providing accommodation and feedn for 10 days. Attach tenancy agreement as well. Applicant also needs to bring this to eco’s attention that host/groom is covering accommo and feeding in his form and/or cover letter.
If it’s the groom’ home, there will be no need to monetize it. This is safer. If groom will put applicant in a hotel, then groom has to write a letter + add proof of his financial ability ie bank statement.
Adequate information eg room cost for such days will need to have a total amount put + proof of reservation.
This is not the absolute list of things to be added pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by psamoma: 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Hello fellows,
I'm applying for a standard visitors visa. I attended biometrics on 23rd March at Ikeja TLS. However, up till now I'm yet to get mail from UKVI. Pls anyone who applied around the same period who hasn't gotten a response? I'm becoming more worried as this is the 7th week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 1:35pm On May 06, 2022
Thanks alot

I suspected this will be the answer but wanted to double check that I was advising correctly. The answer should be No then.

Thanks again

Regards

Cashmadam:

No need. His friend is not paying anything towards the trip. He is not a sponsor. So, he should not tick the circle. His friend only needs to provide a letter of invitation and state that he will provide accomodation and feeding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meashelle: 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
Cashmadam:

Very dicey. You mum's income is low and your sister is a student. Do you have like 5K Pounds in your account? You can sponsor them but their financial standing might be a red flag to the visa officer...

Thanks for your response. So, if the money is in my account, I can sponsor them?

The reason I even posted was because i wanted to know if there'll be any requirement to declare source of funds.

If the money is in my account, they won't question it? As a student?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
psamoma:
Hello fellows,
I attended biometrics on 23rd March at Ikeja TLS. However, up till now I'm yet to get mail from UKVI. Pls anyone who applied around the same period who hasn't gotten a response? I'm becoming more worried as this is the 7th week.

I think you need to fill in information of what you applied for (Work, student, visiting, tourist) etc when you asked questions like this, so that others who have a similar application to you can be able to reply. Not sure why people on here just ask blank questions, it makes it difficult for you to get a reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 1:59pm On May 06, 2022
Navaisha:
Hello everyone
I am about to apply for dependent visas for my self and my 2 kids, to join my husband in the uk. Please I need help with getting an appointment with tls. How can I ensure that we get the same slot for our appointments and would I have to pay for the courier service 3 times? Considering that I have to get the appointments with 3 different applications.

Thank you

All applicants have to pay individually, they don’t really allow joint applications. You can use the same supporting documents for all the application though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:42pm On May 06, 2022
meashelle:
Thanks for your response. So, if the money is in my account, I can sponsor them? The reason I even posted was because i wanted to know if there'll be any requirement to declare source of funds.
why wont they? What is the source of funds? Ideally you should add payslips etc or if you have a partner who is in full time employment.. good
However your mother and sister’s situation will be the determinant as both seem to need trip sponsoring
If it were me, i’ll concentrate on inviting one person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 3:49pm On May 06, 2022
psamoma:
Hello fellows,
I'm applying for a standard visitors visa. I attended biometrics on 23rd March at Ikeja TLS. However, up till now I'm yet to get mail from UKVI. Pls anyone who applied around the same period who hasn't gotten a response? I'm becoming more worried as this is the 7th week.
You can contact them to check the status of your application. Do the paid email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Breadfruit: 4:42pm On May 06, 2022
Good afternoon. I am trying to apply for a self service in TLS for my mum.

As an intl student, I have invited her, and also attached proofs of schooling and housing. She is retired, so we attached her retirement letter. My dad also has his financial consent letter (he is her sponsor). Do we need to explain the source of his income in his consent letter? Then also, where do I attach pictures showing family ties during the self service? Do I attach in the section tagged others?

Also, do I need to download and attach her visa application form on the tls self service upload?

Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelforreal: 5:26pm On May 06, 2022
You do not need to download and attach, just fill it online and follow the process through to submission page.

For the pictures, you will put it under family ties.

All the best
Breadfruit:
Good afternoon. I am trying to apply for a self service in TLS for my mum.

As an intl student, I have invited her, and also attached proofs of schooling and housing. She is retired, so we attached her retirement letter. My dad also has his financial consent letter (he is her sponsor). Do we need to explain the source of his income in his consent letter? Then also, where do I attach pictures showing family ties during the self service? Do I attach in the section tagged others?

Also, do I need to download and attach her visa application form on the tls self service upload?

Thanks all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 5:52pm On May 06, 2022
Good day all, I sent my 3rd paid mail to TLS yesterday. This was the message I got below. I wanted to know if anyone have had such experience before.
My application since 11th March, Victoria island Lagos.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate that a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

Please contact the visa application centre in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Breadfruit: 6:10pm On May 06, 2022
adelforreal:
You do not need to download and attach, just fill it online and follow the process through to submission page.

For the pictures, you will put it under family ties.

All the best

Thank you so much. Please under which section would her international passport go?
I’m so sorry for my many questions, this is my first time. I just want things to be easy for her so I chose the self service…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrsbw: 6:28pm On May 06, 2022
Good evening

This thread has been very helpful to me, so posting my application timeline as well.

Visit Visa - TLS VI
Biometrics Date: Apr 20
Passport Collection Mail: May 5
Passport Pick Up: May 6

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:02pm On May 06, 2022
mrsbw:
Good evening

This thread has been very helpful to me, so posting my application timeline as well.

Visit Visa - TLS VI
Congratulations

Visit or work visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Breadfruit: 7:05pm On May 06, 2022
Please which of the categories can I attach my mums international passport (I am inviting her), my school documents/brp, and my tenancy agreement?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 7:05pm On May 06, 2022
Wow... please, what type of visa? I did biometrics 5th April at Ikeja for standard visit visa. I’m yet to get a response.
I’m going for my brother’s wedding in the UK( May 28th). I just pray this visa comes out on time.

mrsbw:
Good evening

Visit Visa - TLS VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:07pm On May 06, 2022
meashelle:

Thanks for your response. So, if the money is in my account, I can sponsor them?

The reason I even posted was because i wanted to know if there'll be any requirement to declare source of funds.

You are allowed to work as a student. So, that is your source of funds and you should prove it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: tuco02

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.