Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (51094 Views)

My Wife Sleeps With My Boss / Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / I Apologize For Disappointing My Wife & Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ElGood: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
The only apology you need to give her is increase your love, attention, care and be faithful to her. Let her feel you.

I created this new handle to hide my identity.

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by supereagle(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
You have an Angel at home.

gazeup1:

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Worksunlimited: 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Wife wey men dey pray for, na em u dey use do shakara...
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Dchampion65: 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2022
Let me be sincere with you,

She is wiser than you think.

Her strength is in her meekness. You can never win against her.

Better make sure you sincerely apologize now and come down from that husband horse you are riding. Change the properties to both names or register a company where all the names of your children also will be included and use the company name in all properties.

Listen sir, your karma is waiting for your old age when you will not have strength to do anything.

I pity you, just know that she is not DUNDEE UNITED

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ogwuche4u(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
Your mumu pride. I won't be surprised if you get jealous about her high pay and force her to resign. Why will someone be in competition with his wife? So childish. I pity the poor lady who has endured 11 years of bully.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
Oga your wife loves you o if na some women rich or not them go misbehave. Your type of wife is rare hold her close.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Lucasmuyiwaa: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
My own question be say.. What are these online business that earn people this kind of money
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Story Story Story
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by winwin007: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
kiddkash:
I smell bull-sh!t. this story was concocted by a female.

I know what I am talking about

I believe you jor

Reads like what a woman would write. Loool

Man wen get time to type this long self-deprecating sermon instead make hin just amend hin ways, never really ready set hin priorities right.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Lecrayjammy: 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
Well. . Kamar is real.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ORIAYO70(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ahmed0336:
It's a simple stuff.
1. Tell her you're sorry for all you've done in the past and thank her for her contributions in making the marriage work.
2. Encourage her more and be her number one supporter.
3. Change for real and be a good husband that is expected of you and you'd be fine.

All this will not work.. looking at how hurt the lady could be , or what she went through with that narcissistic husband...

So the lady now should throw her own on air for him to pick..

My judgement let him serve as a maid for 2yrs who has time for rubbish n senseless man.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by aminusodiq(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

I me.

I
you need to apologise.... Its important
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by AgreatMan: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
"She transferred 5million to a wicked husband to use and complete "HIS BUILDING PROJECT"? Fake story

He is trying to sell the online business that pays 4k dollars grin

Mugs will fall for it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by WinkWrld: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Just continue living life as it unfolds. What are you sorry for. Life is not balanced. Just keep ur marriage and continue to pray. Dont appologise for anything. The story is not supposs to be sweet. You have a story to tell already.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by FreestufsNG: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2022
you are a disgrace to manhood, useless type.
gazeup1:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by dcasca(m): 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Bro, you married a wife material. She displayed a very high level of maturity.
Be proud of her and be grateful. Her type is not common.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ORIAYO70(m): 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
thorpido:
If what you wrote here is true,you've got a good woman there.
Call her one night after you have given her a treat and tell her you are sorry for all your wrong behavior and words,that you were ignorant then.

Now stop being a jerk.Your wife is your helpmate.

My problem here is not him apologizing, my problem is on what basis is he apologizing.

If he is apologizing based on increament of his wife renumeration then he has failed
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Teenaira: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

If you know the number of times you offended her, multiply it by 2 and say sorry that number of time.
You can also beg her to show you the road.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Jobdrillers: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:

@bolded, it's obvious the only reason you're considering saying sorry is because she now earns much more than you do, and you fear she might hold it against you or start treating you the way you used to treat her. Sir, you were evil to her. You probably put her through series of depression phases, and you would have been doing that up till this moment if she was still earning less than you. And you're telling us you're just like that. You're just like how? Just naturally wicked? How would someone that treats his wife like this treat strangers?
You can't even bring yourself to say you're sorry to your wife of over a decade. And please, don't say you just wanted her to braze up (whatever that means). That's what you tell yourself to get rid of the guilty conscience that's obviously eating you up. You obviously know that's not true and that's why you feel this way. Acknowledge your wicked acts without excuses, that's the first step to your peace of mind.

I pity the poor woman. People like you hardly appreciate others. So if you're saying she's such a nice person, then she must have really endured so much to the extent that you're even surprised yourself. She might not tell you this, but she hasn't forgotten how you made her feel. People forget what you say or do but not how you make them feel. The apology you're yet to give started losing its value the moment she started earning more than you, and if you wait till she officially brings up the past before you eventually apologize, the apology will be almost valueless. You are a lucky man. This lady has shown you love that even your hardened heart cannot deny and it's unlikely she'll stop now. So just go and apologize whichever way you know how to, she has obviously at peace with her fate.

Two important things:
1) For the sake of your mental health, don't give yourself excuses for treating her the way you did. Saying things like "I only wanted her to braze up", "that's just who I am", etc. might make you feel better temporarily but the guilty conscience will always come back.
2) Your attitude after the apology is more important than the apology itself. Anybody can apologize but it takes a genuine heart to make changes.
God bless you
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by thorpido(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
ORIAYO70:

My problem here is not him apologizing, my problem is on what basis is he apologizing.

If he is apologizing based on increament of his wife renumeration then he has failed
He should apologize because he has realised he has been mistreating her all this while.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
Raalsalghul:
I doubt this story especially coming from a new moniker. sad

Seems you're the only one with a brain here.
Very fictitious and sounds like a woman concocted it tbh.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
You married an angel. Don't allow her simplicity and your pride stop you from apologizing to her because a time will definitely come when the pain from all you did in the past will push so hard on her that the only succor will be the apology that you had tendered.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Kingnelson9: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Oga ,call a spade a spade before it's too late
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by HRMK: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
DO THAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! START WITH SURPRISE GIFTS.WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK!!
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
The elders have spoken, abeg op, if you or your wife is looking for someone to mentor in this online work, am here, am a full time student, my email below
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Titaniumental: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

All i see i here is someone looking for referral grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by seyz91(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
cheesy Nigerian Girls for you, always wanna reap where dem no sow
Omihanifa:

This one hear say the guy dey collect 600k per month he don dey call him sweety sad
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by mukthar2000(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
selfishness and greediness husband. That is just a lectures to u and men like u out their on how to be sincere with the house wife's and not to b greedy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by SILVERLINES: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

bro you are now digging gold
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by stephinnoyewole(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:

@bolded, it's obvious the only reason you're considering saying sorry is because she now earns much more than you do, and you fear she might hold it against you or start treating you the way you used to treat her. Sir, you were evil to her. You probably put her through series of depression phases, and you would have been doing that up till this moment if she was still earning less than you. And you're telling us you're just like that. You're just like how? Just naturally wicked? How would someone that treats his wife like this treat strangers?
You can't even bring yourself to say you're sorry to your wife of over a decade. And please, don't say you just wanted her to braze up (whatever that means). That's what you tell yourself to get rid of the guilty conscience that's obviously eating you up. You obviously know that's not true and that's why you feel this way. Acknowledge your wicked acts without excuses, that's the first step to your peace of mind.

I pity the poor woman. People like you hardly appreciate others. So if you're saying she's such a nice person, then she must have really endured so much to the extent that you're even surprised yourself. She might not tell you this, but she hasn't forgotten how you made her feel. People forget what you say or do but not how you make them feel. The apology you're yet to give started losing its value the moment she started earning more than you, and if you wait till she officially brings up the past before you eventually apologize, the apology will be almost valueless. You are a lucky man. This lady has shown you love that even your hardened heart cannot deny and it's unlikely she'll stop now. So just go and apologize whichever way you know how to, she has obviously at peace with her fate.

Two important things:
1) For the sake of your mental health, don't give yourself excuses for treating her the way you did. Saying things like "I only wanted her to braze up", "that's just who I am", etc. might make you feel better temporarily but the guilty conscience will always come back.
2) Your attitude after the apology is more important than the apology itself. Anybody can apologize but it takes a genuine heart to make changes.

Bless your soul for this piece
Reading his story I was just like... Aaah! Aaah!! Aaah!!! cry
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Titaniumental: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
Raalsalghul:
I doubt this story especially coming from a new moniker. sad
Exactly!!!

He/she is only looking for who will ask about the "online business" in the story.

Looking for referral grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ORAFA(m): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
You are a devilish man.
I pray she leaves you.
Instead of you to apologize, you're saying "that's how you are". Mr Man you are very very lucky. Be careful.

I pray she forgives you and doesn't leave you.

gazeup1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / "She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.