Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Am I An Evening Newspaper? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I An Evening Newspaper? (4425 Views)

Mindset Of An Evening Newspaper / The Fallacy Of "Evening Newspaper" / 40-year-old Evening Newspaper Looking For Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Southernigbo: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
What abt Menopause? Menopause begins from 40 upward. Any woman from 40 upward may have difficulty bearing children.
who told you all these?
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Eddygourdo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
Loreettaa:
At what age does a woman become an evening newspaper?
Just curious.
why don't you get married if you worked up about being single. Every lady can marry
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by FahBuLous: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
From 16
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP.

A lady becomes an evening Newspaper from Age 29.
Once a young lady hits 28 yrs without a husband, na problem be dat.. undecided

No matter civilisation or feminism tries to paint it, Marriage will always be used to measure a Lady's success! Good example is Okonjo Iweala and Oprah Winfrey.
The former will attract some Individuals as against Wilfrey.

So OP If u are not married, Pls locate a Good brother and start small with him!
This is what pushes women to swallow the spirit of poverty of their boyfriend's house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by pocohantas(f): 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP.

No matter civilisation or feminism tries to paint it, Marriage will always be used to measure a Lady's success! Good example is Okonjo Iweala and Oprah Winfrey.
The former will attract some Individuals as against Wilfrey

Your mama nko? Why you no include her? Is she not married? You had to mention two SUCCESSFUL women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by DonroxyII: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Loreettaa:
Just curious.
At that age You lost sanity(Depressed) due to lack of companionship !

3 Likes

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by edoman2016: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
Loreettaa:
Just curious.

Who even started calling older women an "evening newspaper" on nairaland sef? @OP, There is nothing wrong with ageing. Its a state of mind.

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
Acesexcell:
I think from 30years upward.
35 years

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Your mama nko? Why you no include her? Is she not married? You had to mention two SUCCESSFUL women.
Did he mention your own mama? Why e de pain this thing undecided abi u too no get mama?
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP.

Well it depends on culture , in igboland most ladies get married in their 30s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by pocohantas(f): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Did he mention your own mama? Why e de pain this thing undecided abi u too no get mama?

I am not the one saying successful women are the married ones. So the onus is on him to give good examples. I am curious as to why his mother is not a worthy example.

I ask again, isn’t she married?!

3 Likes

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
pocohantas:

[s]I am not the one saying successful women are the married ones. So the onus is on him to give good examples. I am curious as to why his mother is not a worthy example.

I ask again, isn’t she married[/s]!
I understand how pained you are but don't lose your emotions, did you prefer op used your own mother since your mother is married too? Just asking BC last I checked he made a general note

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by pocohantas(f): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

I understand how pained you are but don't lose your emotions, did you prefer op used your own mother since your mother is married too? Just asking BC last I checked he made a general note

You still haven’t explained why his mum isn’t a worthy example despite being married.

My mum isn’t automatically more successful than women who are unmarried. That is the difference. I hope it doesn’t fly over your head this time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Jimbadly: 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
BoredBerry:
You're not an evening newspaper...

The term was coined by shameless men who have to drink 'Agbo' to last for 15minutes...

Most of them here have past their prime; broke and jobless with no degree... Single, thirsty and bitter... grin

Madam, you still have to edit it again. It's 'Who are past' not 'who have past'. undecided
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
pocohantas:

You still haven’t explained why his mum isn’t a worthy example despite being married.

My mum isn’t automatically more successful than women who are unmarried. That is the difference. I hope it doesn’t fly over your head this time.
Are you telling us your mom is useless or what? I just want to know, why do you compare her with single people. Women who aren't married don't have good character and that's what the op was telling u. So don't insult your mom
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Are you telling us your mom is useless or what? I just want to know, why do you compare her with single people. Women who aren't married don't have good character and that's what the op was telling u. So don't insult your mom

This is obviously above your wavelength. I sympathise with you.

10 Likes

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Datikwerreboi(m): 7:57am On Feb 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Alright chairlady of evening newspapers angry

2 Likes

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by blinking001(m): 9:00am On Feb 15, 2022
pocohantas:

What is your definition of a successful woman?
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by pocohantas(f): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2022
blinking001:

What is your definition of a successful woman?

This question should be for the person who made this statement. I wonder why you guys are deflecting…

4 Likes

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by blinking001(m): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2022
pocohantas:

This question should be for the person who made this statement. I wonder why you guys are deflecting…

I just want to know your views. Educate me please.
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Loretta!!!
My advice for you is to continue to be positive about yourself, forget whatever negative things they are saying about age.
Possess a good countenance and things will turn around for you in everything
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Wayyy ABOVE, LMAO.

Simple question, they are running around in whataboutism.

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
There is nothing like an evening newspaper.
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by kkins25(m): 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
I have never heard this term before. what era was this being used?
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by AlphaTaikun: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Loreettaa:
Just curious.
It's what you make of it, or think you are that'll manifest.
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Haljardon(m): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
Loreettaa:
Just curious.

When She Starts answering Nature's Call (Aging)... Cus a 35yr old Lady with the Looks of a 23yr Old will be Chyked By Teens Sef.
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Zigzagman: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
by 26, you don turn evening newspaper

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by shantti(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ever since buhari became president till date, marriage became a controversial topic. Why?
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Morbeta11(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
25......Primetime magazine
28......Tell magazine
30.....Tribune newspaper
40.....News week magazine
45.....Concord newspaper
50....Vintage magazine
55....NTA 9 o clock news.. grin
Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by Rosaline5000: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Some Men will really like you, many men like their women to be very insecure so they can control them.

There is nothing like Evening Newspaper, it is a term coined by misogynistic men to use to manipulate women to be desperate.
Men hate confident women because they can't approach them or control them, so they come up with ways to humble them.
Telling them that their time is over once they reach a particular age, try to force marriage like it's the ultimate goal for every woman and if she isn't married, she is nothing.
They try to mind control you that marriage should be your goal and if you are focusing on building a career and pushing marriage to the nearest future as you been an idiot that will turn into a lonely old woman without any husband.

My point is do what pleases you, take care of yourself and dont let miserable people online determine your life or make you depressed, you are wonderful and beautifully made, see the likes of Tiwa, Linda ikeji and Jocelyn Dumas, beyonce and many others who looks hot in their forties should tell you that money is beauty, people only look miserable because of stress and poverty.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Am I An Evening Newspaper? by kelspinall(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
don't take nairalander's jokes serious...live ya life you're not an evening newspaper and that word doesn't exist

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Dig Her But My System Is Saying Other Wise 2 / My Boo gets tired of kisses easily: Is he still attracted to me? / Marry For Compatibility, Not Love!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.