Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? (25287 Views)

How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife / How Do You Manage To Keep Up With All Of These? / Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by chukwuibuipob: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
YeyeGbami:

plumber will install a float switch in the tank, that will detect the water levels in the tank. So it will switch on and off the machine when required. If you’re not home you will assured that when you get home there will be water in the storage.

The only downside is voltage fluctuations. Some areas when power comes it will be 220V, the next minute he don drop to 170. That one fit go spoil machine.
OK.Thank U very much.I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin
chukwuibuipob:
sad to those in face 2 face house,dem dey paste tenants name like baba kamoru 5000k.Mr Okeke,12000k,Mum Eli,3000k,Alfa 15000k etc .How do dey calculate energy consumption of each room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Yus2020: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Imagine Port Harcourt electricity distribution company want to finished us here 84.4 units for 5k and it won't take up to a week.i reduced the usage of Ac, fridge and others appliances.
Apc and Bihari has destroyed this country.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by YeyeGbami: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I really don't know how they are charging some people, I have all the basic electrical appliances in my house including rice cooker.

I hardly finish 1500 naira token on my prepaid meter.

My brother told me that Ikeja electric distribution gave 20 unit for 1k and I still get 35 unit on every 1k recharge.

My question is why is some paying higher than others ?

NB the prepaid meter was done by NEPA official and I never bypass anything and I will never do so.

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

2 batteries on 3.5kva? E dey last?
Batteries is the most important in any solar set up. Go for Germans and American batteries expensive but worth it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by fotadmowmend(m): 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
kennethfranc:
Though I don't encourage people to do this...

Bypassing the prepaid meter is illegal but that's what we use at home. Only energy bulbs during the day then heavy appliances at night.
This saves a lot of money because we recharge when we wish to.
Just like chop 10k pay 1k.

This won't be possible if you have a jealous neighbor cuz they will surely report u.
Your house address?
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by iamclime(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
kennethfranc:
Though I don't encourage people to do this...

Bypassing the prepaid meter is illegal but that's what we use at home. Only energy bulbs during the day then heavy appliances at night.
This saves a lot of money because we recharge when we wish to.
Just like chop 10k pay 1k.

This won't be possible if you have a jealous neighbor cuz they will surely report u.

And you are very proud to post this? We are watching you!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by wirinet(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:

What? If you do 40*12=480k that should get you 2.5kva with at least 2 batteries plus energy saving bulbs.

But the 2 batteries will not charge themselves, you will still pay for the electricity you use and the one to charge the batteries.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
1. 100Amps DC breakers 1piece = #6000
2. 63Amps DC breaker 1piece = #5000
3. DC Surge #15000
4. AC Input breaker 1pc #5000
5. AC Output breaker 1pc #4000
6. 6mm 2core flex cable 30m = #900 x 30 = #27,000
7. Breaker box = #4000
8. Aluminum profile and its accessories = #20,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
sasview:
I am just curious with the disco tariff on energy consumption, if one is not careful the cost of buying energy will be competing with rent. I have seen apartments that share prepaid meter and all parties involved agreed to only use energy /light during the night or weekend, so they disconnect from disco during day.
I was like there could be a better way to manage energy consumption. If you have an alternative way pls. share and let's benefit from it.

If you see light, get on your knees and thank God! if i see NEPA at N100/kwh I will gladly pay . Today I just bought diesel at N750 per liter, the amount I paid for diesel that will only last me 2 days of continous use is what i pay for 3 weeks electricity @ N58/kwh.

Solar is the future mhen!!!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by caprini1: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
sasview:
I am just curious with the disco tariff on energy consumption, if one is not careful the cost of buying energy will be competing with rent. I have seen apartments that share prepaid meter and all parties involved agreed to only use energy /light during the night or weekend, so they disconnect from disco during day.
I was like there could be a better way to manage energy consumption. If you have an alternative way pls. share and let's benefit from it.
Pray to God to bless your work,so you sell off your old appliances and change them to energy saving ones...it will save money for you on both PHCN,generators and solar/inverter consumptions.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Freemasonry: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
Since the NERC and my disco decided to be increasing tariff secretly every other month and ripping me off, I decided to run a bypass. Now, we're even. No victor, no vanquished.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Mikesol: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
1k gives me 15.4 units in ph, and my home of 2 fridges and 3 fans and tv finishes 1k card everyday and I'm so tired... i feel there is an issue somewhere or something

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
wirinet:

But the 2 batteries will not charge themselves, you will still pay for the electricity you use and the one to charge the batteries.
My family house we use prepaid, I introduced them to solar, they have not recharged the prepaid in the last 2yrs. The sun charge the panel and you get power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mikesol:
1k gives me 15.4 units in ph, and my home of 2 fridges and 3 fans and tv finishes 1k card everyday and I'm so tired... i feel there is an issue somewhere or something
switch to solar
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Subsea101: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
3k with all those appliances?? shocked shocked... at what rate for the token abeg??

jaeyking:
angry
Forget it
Prepaid is the best

We spend at most 3k for light every month
And we get 18-20hrs of light everyday
Use electric kettle every morning, fridge is on always.
Hardly watch tv, no AC just fan.
Using energy saving bulbs
Pressing iron used mostly Saturdays

So if it was postpaid stupid nepa would have been bringing 10k bill

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Deeprooted: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Once the water in the freezer gots frozen, I don off my fridge b dat ooo grin

Plus all the bulbs in my house now are all energy-saving
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Subsea101: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Exactly, 25k to 30k monthly, used with extreme care oo...

Mikesol:
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by jaeyking(m): 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
Subsea101:
3k with all those appliances?? shocked shocked... at what rate for the token abeg??

Which appliances.
I no too dey watch TV.
My phone n PC do all the work

Iron only Saturdays
Fridge is the only tin that is on always and na energy saving.

1k gets around 18units
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by TruthUntold: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I really don't know how they are charging some people, I have all the basic electrical appliances in my house including rice cooker.

I hardly finish 1500 naira token on my prepaid meter.

My brother told me that Ikeja electric distribution gave 20 unit for 1k and I still get 35 unit on every 1k recharge.

My question is why is some paying higher than others ?

NB the prepaid meter was done by NEPA official and I never bypass anything and I will never do so.

they gave you an old meter which doesn't consume much, oya never for any reason allow them to change it, cause if they realize, they'll start pestering you to change to a "smarter" one.
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by TruthUntold: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
shopwiser:
Firstly no light everywhere in Nigeria plus fuel is expensive.. so we certainly can't even relate to your post.. Nigeria electricity powering gets poor day by day... Will it kill our leaders to power our country for even 12 hours a day.
full stomachs lead to free thinking, if you understand, you understand.
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by wirinet(m): 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
My family house we use prepaid, I introduced them to solar, they have not recharged the prepaid in the last 2yrs. The sun charge the panel and you get power.
The guy I was responding to did not include solar panels. You can not buy 2 batteries + 2.5kva inverter + solar panels (4 - 8 nos. 250kw panels) for N480k

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by litaninja(m): 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nigeria has one thing in abundance, solar energy.
Switch as many devices as you can to smart and energy efficient ones.
Move to solar energy, the budget for full autonomy is rather high, but the rewards will be enjoyed for years to come.
Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
wirinet:

The guy I was responding to did not include solar panels. You can not buy 2 batteries + 2.5kva + solar panels (4 - 8 nos. 250kw panels) for N480k
You cut your coat according to your size
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
jaeyking:
angry
Forget it
Prepaid is the best

We spend at most 3k for light every month
And we get 18-20hrs of light everyday
Use electric kettle every morning, fridge is on always.
Hardly watch tv, no AC just fan.
Using energy saving bulbs
Pressing iron used mostly Saturdays

So if it was postpaid stupid nepa would have been bringing 10k bill
old meter?
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
loswhite:
61.1per kilo watt. It depends on the appliance you are using.
no
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by ecclize: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I'm on Eko discos and I get 35 unit for 1k, I don't really know why yours is different
When last did you buy.

I believe its a new development.
The last time i bought it was 1k for 35unit.
The one i bought yesterday it was 20unit for 1k
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by wirinet(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
You cut your coat according to your size
No matter how you cut it, you cannot buy 2 batteries + 2.5kva inverter + solar panels (4 - 8 nos. 250kw panels) for N480k. And we have not even added cost of installation.

Two good 200ah deep cycle inverters alone would cost close to N480k

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Subsea101: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ok, nice...

jaeyking:

Which appliances.
I no too dey watch TV.
My phone n PC do all the work

Iron only Saturdays
Fridge is the only tin that is on always and na energy saving.

1k gets around 18units
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by seunlayi(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
mandate12:

All through yesterday n the day before, there was was power outage and it rained too yest. No sun, power reserve almost depleted caus my solar system didnt get energy from sun. Solar is not 100% reliable but its cool
I will still give it 98%. You will know that you will manage whatever you have and if if have gen, you can on it to boost the battery and today, their is sunlight..... This is better than uncontrollable PHCN.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by AleAirHub(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
Since the prepaid meter was installed in my house, I hardly use more than 30 units monthly at cost of NGN1080 via a Disco provider called PHED...
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / Reno Omokri: When Your Parents Compare You To Your Successful Mates, Do This... / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.