Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? (25212 Views)

How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife / How Do You Manage To Keep Up With All Of These? / Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by wirinet(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
AleAirHub:
Since the prepaid meter was installed in my house, I hardly use more than 30 units monthly at cost of NGN1080 via a Disco provider called PHED...
cool

How? You bypass?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I'm on Eko discos and I get 35 unit for 1k, I don't really know why yours is different
Your area doesnt get supplied as much, you are on 26kw/h

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by seunlayi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
wirinet:

No matter how you cut it, you cannot buy 2 batteries + 2.5kva inverter + solar panels (4 - 8 nos. 250kw panels) for N480k. And we have not even added cost of installation.

Oga, how much is battery? I have seen someone that bought solar led than 200k and is better than the one someone bought for over 500k. Installers, fear God. It's the habit of most installers that are driving people away from solar, most of them are not sincere

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
wirinet:

No matter how you cut it, you cannot buy 2 batteries + 2.5kva inverter + solar panels (4 - 8 nos. 250kw panels) for N480k. And we have not even added cost of installation.

Two good 200ah deep cycle inverters alone would cost close to N480k
What I m saying buy what you can afford.
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by MrJames007: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
empressSkincare:

I refused to collect too o but 35K per month for a flat no be beans o. I tire like this!

YeyeGbami:

I’ll advise you to consider getting it, post paid charges na die for my end. Before i got metered, sometimes they bring as high as 40K/Month.

And the maddening thing is that before you know they don bring ladder.

Una own na small charge. 70k for my house like say na factory e be. grin

Shey if I use dat meter, AC, fridge, iron, go sip the whole recharge finish before I no wetin dey sup.
I prefer no meter like dis. I go dey pay them small small grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
kennethfranc:
Though I don't encourage people to do this...

Bypassing the prepaid meter is illegal but that's what we use at home. Only energy bulbs during the day then heavy appliances at night.
This saves a lot of money because we recharge when we wish to.
Just like chop 10k pay 1k.

This won't be possible if you have a jealous neighbor cuz they will surely report u.
INFACT people should learn how to bypass, all the discos are too greedy, unfortunately we have irresponsible government that doesnt care or know what people are going through simply because they are spending and using state money for their own comfort

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunlayi:

Oga, how much is battery? I have seen someone that bought solar led than 200k and is better than the one someone bought for over 500k. Installers, fear God. It's the habit of most installers that are driving people away from solar, most of them are not sincere
Spot on
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Subsea101: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
That freezer is the bomb... less than 1unit in 24hrs constant usage

PHED forced me to learn energy consumption calculation

chukwuibuipob:
sad no more BIG MANISM.Once freezer is frozen,switch it off.Buy thermocool inverter/energy saving freezer and experience peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
You can do it now or are you comfortable paying 40k monthly?

How much estimate will it cost to power a 3 bedroom house with BQ?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by kennethfranc(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
iamclime:

And you are very proud to post this? We are watching you!
Why won't I be proud about it when it was the marketer that gave us the tip grin grin.
Am only doing as directed
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by kennethfranc(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
fotadmowmend:

Your house address?
Baba I dey Ukraine like this

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I really don't know how they are charging some people, I have all the basic electrical appliances in my house including rice cooker.

I hardly finish 1500 naira token on my prepaid meter.

My brother told me that Ikeja electric distribution gave 20 unit for 1k and I still get 35 unit on every 1k recharge.

My question is why is some paying higher than others ?

NB the prepaid meter was done by NEPA official and I never bypass anything and I will never do so.

hey! Where do you live like this?? 35units is massive. 1k here is 17kwh, and it goes down fast!
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by kennethfranc(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lightway:

And you wonder why you've not made it in life....
Lol ...so as u dey so u don make am?
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by dhoncesar(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I really don't know how they are charging some people, I have all the basic electrical appliances in my house including rice cooker.

My brother told me that Ikeja electric distribution gave 20 unit for 1k and I still get 35 unit on every 1k recharge.

NB the prepaid meter was done by NEPA official and I never bypass anything and I will never do so.

Where I live in Lagos 1k is for 18unit

A friends place not far from me 1k is 35unit.

Since February both location unit has dropped.
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by dozzy001(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
On what KVA is your area connected to

nurez305:

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by dhoncesar(m): 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
RadioMOUTH:
Turn off your fridge and ac when not in use... use energy saving bulbs

Its not all about that. I line in a two bedroom flat. I use the fridge only when its needed. My bulbs are always off. No electric cooker nor iron. But my unit still get drained quickly. Last night I slept with no unit because I was so mad and pissed . I spend roughly 15k on unit every month.

I think its a pure scam !!!
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Post paid is the best
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lightway:

And you wonder why you've not made it in life....
stop this, it is not good. Everyone is contributing on a lighter mood, the government should wake up to their responsibility to protect citizens from irresponsible investors. Power investment should be a long term breakeven unlike what is happening in nigeria, the investors want to reap all the profit in a month.
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by fotadmowmend(m): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
kennethfranc:

Baba I dey Ukraine like this
Russia is coming
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by dhoncesar(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
kennethfranc:
Though I don't encourage people to do this...

Bypassing the prepaid meter is illegal but that's what we use at home. Only energy bulbs during the day then heavy appliances at night.
This saves a lot of money because we recharge when we wish to.
Just like chop 10k pay 1k.

This won't be possible if you have a jealous neighbor cuz they will surely report u.

I wish I could bypass. But I can't because no one is safe. Last week I saw two gentle men nock on my gate. By the time I opened I was asked to confirm my house number. And I did. They said they wanted to do maintenance on the meter so I accepted. At that point I knee they only wanted to check if we bypass. So I called my neighbor on that sport and conform. Once they said no, then I was at peace and abuse them abit because there is the particular flat in the building meant for the landlords son but he doesn't stay there, so I believe that's the exact thing that brought them over, they might have thought the meter was bypassed. Thank God they left in peace

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
frozen70:

The tariff is going higher every quarterly, so I told my husband that from January he will be recharging the prepaid

Since then he off the security lights in the compound once its 5am, he regulates the freezer when to on and off it

Before, he wastes light and leaves light on, now he makes sure that if you are down stirs, he will go up and off your fan

Even stabilizer lights are off unless you want to watch Telly and you must be there watching it or you off it

I left that part for him to know the pains on the bills of running electricity on a 5 bedroom duplex

Since I handed over electricity bills to him, am happy with the ways he is monitoring the prepaid

We must get sense bye force
Why running the guy down in public as if you responsible for all the bills at home
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by dhoncesar(m): 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
shopwiser:
Firstly no light everywhere in Nigeria plus fuel is expensive.. so we certainly can't even relate to your post.. Nigeria electricity powering gets poor day by day... Will it kill our leaders to power our country for even 12 hours a day.

There might not be fuel in Nigeria. But I uses light 23.5hrs in a day

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by ekitimanalways(m): 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:
I'm on Eko discos and I get 35 unit for 1k, I don't really know why yours is different
May I know the last time you purchased electricity token?
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
3KW INVERTER SETUP + SOLAR

1. 3Kw 24volt Hybrid inverter = #330,000

2. Battery Bank 12v 200AH 4pcs = #165,000 x 4 = #660,000 (QUANTA BATTERY)

3. Solar Array 350w 9pcs = #80,000 x 9 = #720,000

4. Solar mounting rails on roof and its accessories = #46,000

5. Battery Rack = #35,000

6. DC & AC Cables = #80,000

7. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box, #50,000

8. Waybill to Anambra = #40,000 - within Lagos

9. Installation = #150,000

TOTAL = #2,111,000
Calmdancer21:

How much estimate will it cost to power a 3 bedroom house with BQ?
What are the appliances in the house?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
fotadmowmend:

Your house address?
we should really encourage it as a revolt
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Bright2(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
Avoid 3phase meter, go for single phase, change your bulbs to 10watts energy saver, install inverter AC Incase you need AC and also go for inverter refrigerator, iron all your ironable cloths on a specific day of the week, turn off all the appliances not in use, use electric socket that doesn't have indicator light as those tiny indicator light on those sockets are powered by 220 volts also, avoid phone chargers with indicator light. Reduce your rate of pumping water, install Rccb breakers to segregate life and earth cable Incase of shut circuit as this can drain current even when appliances are not in use, avoid connecting indicator alarm to your meter as the alarm has an electric motor in it, use electric ceiling fans with small coils ,avoid heating elements,improve your power factor for efficient meter reading, when wiring a new house pls reduce the usage of heavy cables for current consumption is determined by the length of cables and the cross sectional area of cable used as stated by IEE regulation ..........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by frozen70(f): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
BabaO2:

Why running the guy down in public as if you responsible for all the bills at home

You are one of the low self esteem men we have in this forum

What's your business if I bring this out

We have had worst cases of couples having issues yet it was sorted out amicably here

Why is this particular post hurting you

If I mentioned just this bill here who else do you think runs the home affairs bills

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by AleAirHub(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
wirinet:

How? You bypass?

Nope, I didn't.
Just energy bulb
Fan
Laptop
Dstv
Tv
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Brian47(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
nurez305:

Here we pay 3000 naria for 5 units
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by airsaylongcome: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
Batteries is the most important in any solar set up. Go for Germans and American batteries expensive but worth it

Are they locally available?
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by BabaO2: 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
frozen70:

You are one of the low self esteem men we have in this forum

What's your business if I bring this out

We have had worst cases of couples having issues yet it was sorted out amicably here

Why is this particular post hurting you

If I mentioned just this bill here who else do you think runs the home affairs bills
Arrogant for nothing
Re: How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? by Rubyjade: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
AA/ 5 STREET, / 0101261018
Your Bill for FEB 2022:

Tariff: E-Non MD
Rate: 30.52
Read Code: D
LAR:
PAR:
Consumption: 180.00
Curr.Charges: N5,905.62
Previous Balance: N6,509.20
Payment: N6,510.00
Adjustment: N0.00
Amt Due: N5,904.82
Due Date: 17 Mar 2022.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com/billing/
To Make Payment Please click https://ie-payments.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money / Grand Dad Recreates His Old Photos In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.