Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294193 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:04am On Dec 18, 2011
Am Alone:

hahhahahahaha
FUnny man!!!! Me think say na part of the design ooo
This your workers no go kill person with laughter!!! grin grin grin grin

Bros answer the question na cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:56am On Dec 18, 2011
Will be back to see
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2011
Bros Spyder,

From what I saw, the beam/lintel that links to the pillar two standing pillar is below the "house-lintel" level.
But the one on the round pillar is okay as it is on same height!!!!!

I'm I right

But me thinks it the design. But if it a mistake please ask the to correct it as it "may" not add beauty to the house
and may look unprofessional to many!!!

Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2011
^^^^ this guy don dey become guru in this business o! You get am completely correct, I took the picture for learning purposes only as I have ordered the guy to tear down the works and start again. They have even started again.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
Updates please . . . Students still learning oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^ will do that soon.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^ Waiting and wishing
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
In fact, am boiling here, the place I live now is not conducive for my increasing family and I want to relocate to this house whether finished or unfinished. I am planning to start plastering this downstair as I wait for roofing funds.
Putting the cart before the wheel? I just want to live in my house ASAP!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^ Will that be safe though?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Planning to fit doors and windows, plastering and tiles downstairs starting from tomorrow. Roofing should commence by January ending.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 3:02am On Dec 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Fhemmmy there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We lived in my fathers decked house/building like that for about 7yrs or even more before it was completed and roofed. The only major disadvantage is leaking water that's only if it has to wait for long so plastering the decking will be a good idea if that will be the case! but if Spyder plan roofing it by January ending then he should be fine.

@Spyder: Thats exactly what I did with my new house in Lagos. As a matter of fact, I already have people that will move into the two flats downstaires by January. I have finished the plastering/POP, burglary protectors, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical, and tiles. The only thing left now is painting the inside only for now then the whole outside when I complete the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Dec 22, 2011
prince_onx:

Fhemmmy there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We lived in my fathers decked house/building like that for about 7yrs or even more before it was completed and roofed. The only major disadvantage is leaking water that's only if it has to wait for long so plastering the decking will be a good idea if that will be the case! but if Spyder plan roofing it by January ending then he should be fine.

@Spyder: Thats exactly what I did with my new house in Lagos. As a matter of fact, I already have people that will move into the two flats downstaires by January. I have finished the plastering/POP, burglary protectors, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical, and tiles. The only thing left now is painting the inside only for now then the whole outside when I complete the house. 

Thank you prince, I have been afraid of how my friends will view this and that's why I had been waiting for the complete roofing funds, I will now start the completion of the downstairs part towards moving into the house as soon as possible. I know my coming into the compound to live will accelerate the pace of the project, it will bring me closer to spending more hours in the place and work will be going on everyday.

As a start I will start running a pipe to supply tap water to the compound since I will need it, (didn't have water where I live now) This house is also very close to my office and other facilities. Will also make attempts to rename the street since I will be the first person to live in the street, (others are still building theirs) so whenever you hear street names like SPYDER STREET, grin grin just call me on phone for a hot cup of tea or coffee. Nothing as good as living in your own house, nothing!

I have also asked for a roofing quote, will be having meeting with many workers, plastering guys, aluminum windows, metal doors, toiletries and plumbing and electrical fitters are all a phone call away.

Sometimes in life, things change, and we only need to adapt to the change.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2011
^^
like I said my brother, nothing do you! its your house and that thought should come first before what any other person or friend think. I was very young when my dad started his own house and by the time he got half way one thing or the other was gulping the funds for the completion. At a point he got tired of the insult and discomfort of living in someones house not to talk of the rent increment almost yearly. I still remember the day the caretaker came for rent and my dad gave him only 2months rent and a letter of intent to vacate the flat. He started completing/finishing the living room and one bedroom first for us to move after the two months expires and before the end of the year, one by one the other rooms downstairs were completed. we laugh and joke about it today but back then it wasn't fun struggling with life.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by hasyak(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2011
i have had my thought along that line of thoughts, you guys just assisted me in making up my mind, so am going to fix the ground floor with 2 rooms and move in within the first quarter of next year.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
We learn on a daily basis and once it is secured, then, nothing wrong with it then . . . was only thinking you will be living in there with wife and kids and wont be as secured as when all is done, cos the upper part is not done and you dont want intruders via there.
But from what people are saying, seems like it is no big deal.
I dont live my life though on what people will say, all about safety.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by hasyak(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2011
the major challenge is the stair case area, i intend to wall it temporarily.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2011
hasyak:

the major challenge is the stair case area, i intend to wall it temporarily.

Nice one . . at least now we are talking about the cons of doing such . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
Welcome back Hasyak, nice point about the staircase. If you have not walled the upper part, better you wall only the staircase and put roofing made of zink to protect from rain and sun. Its what we always laugh about as kids, when we see such walling of staircase area, we joke and say the builder is building an "I don tire" on top of his decking

But for mine that is completely walled upstairs, I dont think I will roof the small section above my stairwell, I am making plans to roof this house by January/February, already we have started doing the insides, got plastering sand today, got gravel, sand, cement and some wood yesterday and some of my workers are there doing xmas already. Some say they will work one day for free in the spirit of the season.

I have got quotes of aluminuium windows (not casement please, lol) I also got quotes for window protectors, local metal doors, electrical wires and plumbing works. I have mobilized the welder to start making the doors/protectors. Also paid advance to the aluminum window guy to start working on the windows. We are starting the plastering from tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by vitodorado: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2011
Olorogun spyder, permit me to ask, is it advisable to plaster before roofing? I ask this because i see that you want to start your plastering work before roofing. How structurally right is that?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ Don Vito, I am only going to plaster the downstair section, and we have been making plans of how to arrange the scaffold in view of the plastering. The scaffold will be for everything, roofing, plastering, windows and maybe painting.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2011
No school could teach us all we learning on all these threads by Chief Spyder
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
This is wishing all my people here on the property section a fantastic, joyous, fun filled, and chopping filled Christmas and the most prosperous 2012 ever. May the joy of the lord continue to fill you and your households with bountiful goodness and unending harvest forever.
It will be very nice for me to remember my people whom I have come to appreciate their contributions and opinions all these months, the people who have shaped my thoughts and influenced my projects positively, I wish to convey to you all my heartfelt gratitude for all your comments, even when I reacted negatively to some of them, I have learnt so much more and this has been impacting on the quality of each additional project I undertake. May the good lord bless you all.
For all of you who have sent funds for me to build their houses even without meeting me in person, your trust in my team surprised me, and I have promised myself to give you the best service continually. We shall never disappoint. The coming year will be better, and as I arrange to take up more complex projects, the feeling that my friends are nearby is all the assurance I need to perform better.
Worthy of special mention is my man Fhemmmy, Brabus (Next home), Kuntash, Rastaman20, Am Alone, Sagewood, Fidelo726, Ferya, Ihebrooke, Kkunsult, Omobashua1, Remcoface, Jussi, Kenimafido, Eros, Vitodorado, Prince_onx, Blink182, Avantures, Oshie, Cecegorz, Costa, Madam Chaircover, Youngbrain, Blank,  Atasteve, Soks, Bugmenot, Trustworth, Jerryben12, Diordaves, Colin adua, Kez007,Hasyak, egin, aasog1, Kay-money, Benimeogu, cinzo, olubuffett, busybody, caseymoney, lastpage, pennywise, Demain man, omonuan, lawyer,  Jarus,  and many others too numerous to mention, those that don’t contribute but call on the phone or drop an email to appreciate the process, those that prayed for me and encouraged me, those that met me physically and advised me, if not for all of you, I would have given up since and another Nigerian dream would have died, but because of you all, we shall stay around and gladden a lot more hearts, trying to network with all of you to solve the problems of society, and leave the world a better place than we met it. Please pick your choice from all these bottles of e-wine I have uploaded on this post, we have Hennessey, Moet, Don Perignioini, Kai-kai, grin grin grin etc etc
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, THANK YOU ALL.
SPYDERKENN.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:27am On Dec 25, 2011
Honored to have known a great man like you . . . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW (2011)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Dec 25, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Honored to have known a great man like you . . . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW (2011)

Oga mi, have you picked you wine? grin grin grin
Merry Christmas to you sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 6:04am On Dec 25, 2011
I
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2011
spyder880:

Oga mi, have you picked you wine? grin grin grin
Merry Christmas to you sir.
Oga mi, I have picked mine oh! And I really think we should be the one thanking you for starting this eye opening thread in the first place. It kind of made building easier than I've always thought or rather made to believe. You shared/revealed a lot of money saving secrets and ideas that most of us never knew existed and posting those daily up-date pictures makes me feel like am at my own site daily watching my project grow like a child. Though topics like "is anything wrong with cooking beans on Xmas day?" grin are turn-off for me and sometimes make me not feel like logging on but still I just have to visit the property section daily! Just have to!! Happy hoiliday y'all!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2011
Some people start out their careers with dreams of winning their industry’s top honor. I'm so happy to choose you as Nigeria's Construction industry’s "Man of the Year".

You cannot really understand what you have done and why you deserved this until you read the testimonies of your followers and friends.

Wishing you a prosperous new year 2012! Many thanks to Seun, Lawyer and the whole Nairaland team for the wonderful opportunity.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2011
^^^^ @ Nexthome, you are the person I should be thanking for the support and encouragement you have provided, I cannot imagine how lonely and boring my posts would have been if not for the inputs of you and my friend, prince_onx, may God bless you all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2011
@Oga spyder880, Thanks a lot for all ur knowledge u shared with us in this Thread,U have changed a lot of hearts that Building is as Easy as. A B C. U had made a lot to become a landlord. U have Changed my heart by Trusting people without Seeing or Meeting them which is a very diffcult thing Nowadays. Pls keep it up, Happy Xmas to u and ur Loved ones.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
rastaman20:

@Oga spyder880, Thanks a lot for all your knowledge u shared with us in this Thread,U have changed a lot of hearts that Building is as Easy as. A B C. U had made a lot to become a landlord. [b]U have Changed my heart by Trusting people without Seeing or Meeting them [/b]which is a very diffcult thing Nowadays. Pls keep it up, Happy Xmas to u and your Loved ones.

Testimony of one faithful friend.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by diordaves(m): 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2011
Well done Spyder880. Agu!!! Merry Christmas to you and the family. Its been an experience and a worthwhile journey going through your knowledge packed posts. In constructing these projects, you've succeeded in deconstructing the myths and re-enforcing the facts about building and above all, you have shown that why we are poor as a nation has a lot to do with lack of trust and dearth of spontaneous socialization. If am locked in any argument on trust and transparency, I always reference you and your work. Thanks for giving me this opportunity. May the good Lord consolidate your efforts in the coming year. Agu!!!

Happy Holiday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^ Thank you sir, the depth of your analysis and the richness of your inputs sometimes makes to ask, "Who is this guy?" Thank you, worthy professional.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.