Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,247 members, 7,867,642 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (295083 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ha, why is this camera bending my straight right pillar? grin This camera should take time o grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
Cost update as at today, seems to me to be more than this but this is all I remember after cracking my head for hours. We have started plastering the underneath of the deck and the walls of the inner downstairs will follow as we await the roofing sometimes in January. Lets be doing the small ones till then.

EXPENSES UPDATE

MATERIAL QTY U/PRICE TOTAL
1 GRAVEL 3 15000 45,000.00
2 SAND 4 7000 28,000.00
3 PLASTERING SAND 1 9,000.00
4 CEMENT 70 1800 126,000.00
5 RODS 18 1500 27,000.00
6 BLOCKS 700 100 70,000.00
7 PLANKS 40 750 30,000.00
8 PILLAR LABOUR 45,000.00
9 CONCRETE LABOUR 48,000.00
10 BLOCK LABOUR 42,000.00
11 CARPENTERY LABOUR 25,000.00
12 IRON BENDER LABOUR 28,000.00
13 SCAFFOLDING LABOUR 30,000.00
14 BINDING WIRE 3,000.00
15 NAILS 1,800.00
16 TRANSPORTS 12,000.00
17 WATER 4,500.00
18 PLASTERING LABOUR TILL DATE 20,000.00

Previous balance is N2.424,100.00 + 594,300 = N3,018,400.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2011
You have done so great for real . . . . this structure and the amount spent so far is that?
Thanks for the eye opening thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2011
And for the lovers of flats with penthouse on top, sample these

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
or this

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2011
Not sure if i wanna leave in the penthouse of my rental properties though, but would be nice to have just in case wanna chill there sometimes.
Keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:06am On Dec 31, 2011
@spyder: thanks for explaining futher about the aluminium roof! I might have more question for you when I get to that stage.

Those penthouse are way too big for what I have in mind for mine! these once are like a whole flat. Mine will be like a one bedroom and living room safe contain and maybe a small balcony.

Hey Spyder, about how many thousands of 6" block should I budget for my two three bedrooms flat. I will start molding blocks for the top part towards ending of January.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:10am On Dec 31, 2011
And yes! not only the pillar but that top section of the house kind of lean towards the right! abi na my nose?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 5:27am On Dec 31, 2011
prince_onx:

And yes! not only the pillar but that top section of the house kind of lean towards the right! abi na my nose?
Na the camera's lens o smiley smiley oh camera why thou doest such to Lord Spyder's edifice. Nice work anyday and at anytime. smiley smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Dec 31, 2011
^^^ @ atasteve, prince, its the camera, and especially the position I stand to snap. That place is low so I have to raise my hand to focus and get good angles. The right side pillar is so straight and clean that I cannot fault it in anyway. My neighbors praised the uniqueness of this pillar, copied the style and hired this same guy to do some thing similar for them. When I have chance, I will take another picture and send.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
Lord spyder880, you are always on point 24/7. Well done sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
Spyder

I beg change the camera, make you no use am take pictures give your clients o.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
@ Olubuffett, thanks for your suggestion. I am already researching for the best digital camera to buy, the one that will match my schedule.

I just concluded terms with another client for the building of another huge duplex in Enugu. I have his permission to display the works here on nairaland. Thread opening soon, actual excavation to kickstart on the 2nd of January 2012. We want this one fast. Land condition is challenging, uneven surface, hilly at one point with valley at the other side, stony land. But with good building practices, all these obstacles will be easily surmounted.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Oga Spyder . . . . We are so glad to hear that another deal has been signed and delivered and that the students will be favored to see it live too . . . Congrats and looking forward to seeing the thread.
God bless you . . . and year 2012 will bring increase and favor with uncommon success to us all and our household.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2011
spyder880:

I just concluded terms with another client for the building of another huge duplex in Enugu. I have his permission to display the works here on nairaland. Thread opening soon, actual excavation to kickstart on the 2nd of January 2012. We want this one fast. Land condition is challenging, uneven surface, hilly at one point with valley at the other side, stony land. But with good building practices, all these obstacles will be easily surmounted.

Sypder,(lord Mayor of Enugu the first) wink

Congrats! I don talk se 2012 will be a great year for us all.
Why not use the other trend with the 5 bedroom, just use a different colour or font so we know which one you are referring to.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
I think will be better to open another thread for it . . . But hope that we will see one thread till finish and like the CHief Spyder have said, we will be able to see this one done soon
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
^^^ actually Oga Fhemmmy, I thought in those lines Olubuffett suggested, just lumping all my threads together and speeding things up. The different colour or fonts is also brilliant. But I know clients (who are the most important stakeholders here) will find it difficult sifting through the single thread to look for their building. I dont want to clutter the forum with lots of threads but what can I do?

I am open to suggestions as we start. What about opening one thread like Fhemmmy's pre order thread and name it something like "Building quality houses on low budget" and just include all these buildings there and move on.
NB. My new and old clients should please contribute to this points, help me serve you better.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2011
spyder880:

I am open to suggestions as we start. What about opening one thread like Fhemmmy's pre order thread and name it something like "Building quality houses on low budget" and just include all these buildings there and move on.

That is a brilliant idea, cos if i have a project with you and you now add my project to someone else;s project, i i could feel like i am not that important, but that kinda thread of Building a quality home at a reasonable budget is a great one . . . .Looking forward to reading more of what people think
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
This new year wish is not just the ordinary ones you have been getting all these years. This new year wish is from the heart, and it will improve you and multiply all your blessings till you ask God to stop and send the rest of the blessings to your kinsmen.
As you log out of 2011 and log on to 2012, may the good lord delete all corrupt files in your life, may all viruses in your heart-disk be wiped clean and the best protection installed. An upgrade of your soft wares blessing is running now and will be successfully installed. Your season of abundance just finished booting and your life shall not be the same again.

WISHING YOU A BLESSING HEAPED 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2011
Funny but needed prayers for 2012
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2011
Spyder's words were carefully chosen and so coded that they may require to be cracked cheesy

Nonetheless, they were well thought out and packed with the best wishes of 2012. Surely a year of increase!

Happy New Year to all!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
Jussi:

Spyder's words were carefully chosen and so coded that they may require to be cracked cheesy

Nonetheless, they were well thought out and packed with the best wishes of 2012. Surely a year of increase!

Happy New Year to all!

Hello sir, may the blessings of the lord continue to surround you and yours. Happy new year!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2011
Thank you bros, His blessings shall not depart from your household. Happy new year!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
I tap into all these prayers too oh . . . . Amen
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by omobashua1: 3:25am On Jan 01, 2012
@ spyder 880, happy new year to u n d baby ooh.happy new year to every one here as well,i never hit new year where i dey now ooh,it is just 9.24 pm now but by God grace i will be shouting happy new year as well in a few hours, may God help us all finish all we started and embark n finish many more, more blessings ppl
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 7:19am On Jan 01, 2012
Hey Spyder, about how many thousands of 6" block should I budget for my two three bedrooms flat. I will start molding blocks for the top part towards ending of January.
[quote][/quote]
Spyder you didn't answer the above question. I will know exactly how many we need when the work start but I just want to have an idea of what to expect or budget! If possible please throw in expected figures as in price and what to expect out of it. Like how many trips and size load that will complete the blocks, how many bags of cement and blocks to get out of a bag, etc. Remember my project is in Lagos just incase that will help or change anything.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2012
And please no more new thread for another new building abeg! We're trying to see first hand how building can be affordable and easy yet we're making it very difficult to find which thread is which on NL. Personaly I only comment on about 2 building thread here and I read and comment on others if I stumble on them but in my own opinion we have too much thread already for building. We have this, one by next home, one by femmmy, one for fence and gates, interior department, duplex in Enugu, duplex in Anambra, one is about roofing, one by Am-Alone etc. Guys it's getting way too much and it's still "us" the same group of people that comment or contribute to it. Let's stick to one and when we run out of pages, we start another with a different part! (pt 1, pt 2, pt 3 and so on). Just my own opinion.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2012
Thank you prince. For 2 flats of 3 bedroom, you will need 3500-4000 blocks from decking till next decking, all depending on room sizes and other feutures. If its 9" blocks, you can get 33 good blocks from one bag of cement from moulding, and please dont forget to water your blocks for some time before use.
I understand you about the multiple threads, the thing is even problematic for me, digging up and updating all threads is tiring. I am proposing to open another thread titled "Reality building of beautiful and affordable homes"

If this suggestion dont have too many people against it, then it goes live by this afternoon. I have had 3 calls this morning and they all welcome the idea. We shall do things differently this year, dynamism, constant research and the zeal to serve you better is always at the bottom of all our decisions. Thank you all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2012
All these threads;

The real cost of building 6 bedroom duplex
The real cost of building 6 bedroom duplex (reloaded)
Roofing of 4 bedroom bungalow with gate house (pictures)
The business and profitability of rental business
Building 5 bedroom executive duplex in Enugu
Royal duplex in Anambra
The technology of block making
Department of interior decorations
Security doors and protectors
Designed pillars, interlocking stones etc
Fence and gates in pictures and prices
Reality building of 4 bedroom bungalow

And 2 more threads to go up live in the next 2 days

They should be unified into one powerful thread where I hope to update all tricks, experiments (like the one we are doing in the Anambra duplex) and other newer innovations shall be rolled together where we can find it easier to interact and learn more.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Country1: 11:06am On Jan 01, 2012
SPYDER880:

EX-OFFICE BLOCK WITH C OF O FOR SALE IN ORILE IGANMU LAGOS
[HAS POTENTIALS TO BE CONVERTED INTO 12 SELF-CONTAINED FLATS FOR RENTAL INVESTMENT]-

PROPERTY DETAILS:
FRONTAGE DIMENSION: 37.5M
DEPTH: 26M
COVERING: 975 SQ.M

ACCOMODATION DETAILS:
The structure is demarcated by wall blocks into offices
GROSS AREA PER FLOOR IS 330SQM
GROUND FLOOR HAS 368SQ.M OFFICE ANNEX

FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
ALUMINIUM WINDOWS WITH BURGLARY PROOF
BLOCK FENCED, WELL PAVED COMPOUND, WITH FRONT AND SIDE GATED ENTRANCE & LOTS MORE

PRICE: 40MILLION NAIRA OR NEAREST OFFER [PLEASE NO TIME WASTERS]

PRIVATE SALE: PLEASE CONTACT LILIAN OR TONY ON:

08034383360 OR EMAIL: countrywideconsult@yahoo.co.uk
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by dnative(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2012
^^ Do you really need to spoil this thread with an unsolicited advert.  Opening a new thread is still free the last time I checked.  Let's keep this thread ad-free for those of us following updates with keen interest.

Regarding threads for building, I don't think yet another one will be too much considering how many property ads get reloaded bumped up every day by the agents.  If possible, what may be ideal is to have a sticky parent thread 'House building blogs' or with a more suitable title with links to the individual threads.  In this way a reader can use this single thread as a launch pad to all the interesting building threads. A child sub section under Properties would even be more better but I don't think the underlying platform for Nairaland supports this or maybe not something Seun fancies.  For me, it is these sort of educative and informative threads that bring me back to Nairaland Properties - not necessarily all those 'N100m duplexes in Gbagada for sale with no pictures  cheesy"

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.