Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294573 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by provecruise: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2011
There are many things use in making bed room like stone,woods,worker cost etc.Then we get real cost of building Bedroom.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2011
NextHome:

There's more to doing your German floor now other than pounding yam, walking or crawling on it. The first is to contain moisture from coming through the concrete slab and the second is to support the foundation.

Usually, there may be pressure to move on with the project immediately after the filling stage so as to avoid delays and possible additional costs. But this can have adverse effect on your building as soil can become very heavy and exert extreme force on the foundation walls when it is wet and left for too long.

How?
Block or brick foundation walls are pushed outward due to pressure from the filling sand as it expands due to plasticity nature of the soil. The soil will swell when it gets wet, and it will shrink when it dries. This swelling and shrinking will WORK the weight of the structure down into the ground. Over time, the foundation will remain more settled than it has risen, leaving you with an unlevelled house.

If you can maintain the moisture of the soil under the foundation at a constant level, there will be no swelling and shrinking, but this is only possible if you can take pain to do the german floor now. Although, it is not compulsory.

Think of how easy it is to knock off stack of blocks without weight on top,

For me, I'll complete one stage before moving to the others.

Gbam. Well said. A building project is a stage by stage process.

@Ogbefi_007. If you want to do decking before doing german floor, i hope you will not also say you want to do the german floor after wood work or roofing. Abeg, do german floor first before decking or any other stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
@NL1960, well said, I will do the German floor, from your worth of experience can u place a figure on the cost of doing a German floor of a storey building of 3bedroom flats, 2 down and 2 up:
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
Still learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
I
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ Benimeogu, that quote still looks high, but you can help tell us the special quality this aluminum has that differentiates it from all other normal type. Pleas ask them. B/W, N2.2m can build somebody a nice bungalow grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2011
Keep the fun of learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
Pic: Filling work

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
More on Filling work,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
still on filling stage, (when will this be over)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
a section of Un-touched blocks begging to be used.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
See how my money is been wasted, Na God go helep me ooooh.

Dear sypder, et al, you know u were thinking 30tons of laterite is too much,currently got 20tons of laterite @N7000 (2in1) delivered at site n still not enough as seen from previous post.

after this filling completed, 3 water tankers will be required to prepare the foundation for ramming and german, ( fuuny how i now hope for the rain to fall now to reduce my cost of water tanker, same prayer i wouldn't wished during my Block molding stage).

In all i thank all the gurus for making building fun, even thou my pocket is suffering)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
Keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

See how my money is been wasted, Na God go helep me ooooh.

Dear sypder, et al, you know u were thinking 30tons of laterite is too much,currently got 20tons of laterite @N7000 (2in1) delivered at site n still not enough as seen from previous post.

after this filling completed, 3 water tankers will be required to prepare the foundation for ramming and german, ( fuuny how i now hope for the rain to fall now to reduce my cost of water tanker, same prayer i wouldn't wished during my Block molding stage).

In all i thank all the gurus for making building fun, even thou my pocket is suffering)

Nothing good comes easy my man, its money well spent.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2011
@ Prof Sypder, Thanks for the encouragement!
Still praying for rainfall , even if na just for one hour! O lord send down the rain! lol,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
Updates, Please . . . Morning, reporting for lectures
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ Fhemmmy, Just woke up now , need to print out my Handout first and i will upload soonest! i hope lecture has not started, i will be coming late today
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^^ If you are too late, Lunch for the entire class will be on your today . . . . . Good to see you around, chief . . . .Anything for the boyz?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2011
No issue as per lunch on me, but that would be after decking I'd completed lol,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^ I have bought lots of patience from www.patience4sale.spyder.org . . . cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
You won't be disappointed !
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
Still learning and loving it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
Still learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2011
I am in my site now, looking at the scaffolding works which are being mounted to support the designed pillar workers as they mount the top pillars. The wood cost up to 10k to my surprise, the carpenter workmen will take 12k to do those scaffolds before the pillars will be cast. I will show picture progress later.

Another guy just copied my pillar style around my house, just saw it now!!! I will sue this guy, he will hear from my lawyer!! (Of course you know am kidding right) lol!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2011
@Prof, i was about asking why our lecturer disappeared, lol

Anyway, filling work still ongoing, as at yesterday only one room is left undone, by mid day today they will complete it and by end of day i will post more pic!
Still praying for the cloud to open up for rainfall.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2011
^^^^ Ogbefi, rainmakers abound here, there is one old rainmaker that lives in my neighbohood, he is 80 something by age. If you can pay his flight ticket to and fro, he will visit your site, after some short prayers, he will start frown and immediately the skies will darken, he will then start crying. As soon as his tears touch the ground, the rains will fall as long as this man continues to weep, the harder he cries, the heavier the rains till you beg him to wipe his tears, then the rains will seize.
How una see am?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2011
can he also make money rain on me?
LOL!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:37am On Dec 06, 2011
Bros that one go hard oh,na MFM pastor commit the land to God! Maybe, "Am alone" need the man pass me, lwkmd!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kuntash: 2:31am On Dec 08, 2011
got it Spyder! seen ur house, evidently I missed

well done so far!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:46am On Dec 08, 2011
kuntash:

got it Spyder! seen your house, evidently I missed

well done so far!

Bros how far, we missed you o, hope you brought our xmas presents sha?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:50am On Dec 08, 2011
my pillars with the scaffolding works

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:56am On Dec 08, 2011
how many of you will be brave enough to eat this?
am talking to DHL to see if they can shift theses to my friends in foreign lands grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.