Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294196 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2012
@ dnative, good points. Thank you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2012
I wish My fellow Student the best this year, may those that are not Landlord yet by the special grace of the LORD become one this year as we learn more.
From my own piont of view, I think that all the topics in this thread should be seperated as it as been doing before by Lord Spyder880. Becuase each buliding is unique and we have a lot to learn from them, bringing them under one roof will cuase a lot of confussion and the intrest and fun will no long be they. We should take an example from what happened when Lord AM Alone and Lord spyder880 were Educating us on Different project in thesame topic.a lot of confussion arised.But if Lord Spyder 880 can open up a new Thread whenever he have a contract, that will be nice and fun too as we learn from different angles and also issues since every buliding is unique.
Eze goes back to school.
HAPPY NEW YEAR To ALL. More blessings from above, as we all are already BLESSED.
JAH GUIDE. RASTAFRIAN I AND I, MAN DIE GO. WOMAN BORN MORE !!!!!!! SHALOM.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ogogo24(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
Happy new year to everybody, lecturers & students alike. May we have cause to learn more this new year, amen.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by diordaves(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2012
rastaman20:

I wish My fellow Student the best this year, may those that are not Landlord yet by the special grace of the LORD become one this year as we learn more.
From my own piont of view, I think that all the topics in this thread should be seperated as it as been doing before by Lord Spyder880. Becuase each buliding is unique and we have a lot to learn from them, bringing them under one roof will cuase a lot of confussion and the intrest and fun will no long be they. We should take an example from what happened when Lord AM Alone and Lord spyder880 were Educating us on Different project in thesame topic.a lot of confussion arised.But if Lord Spyder 880 can open up a new Thread whenever he have a contract, that will be nice and fun too as we learn from different angles and also issues since every buliding is unique.
Eze goes back to school.
HAPPY NEW YEAR To ALL. More blessings from above, as we all are already BLESSED.
JAH GUIDE. RASTAFRIAN I AND I,  MAN DIE GO. WOMAN BORN MORE !!!!!!! SHALOM.

Nice point and am in support. Spyder880, I understand your need to de-clutter your post and kind of consolidate things but by doing this, you stand the risk of under-mining the interest of your clients. Don't forget that one huge reason for showcasing each project in a stand alone manner is for the client to monitor and follow progress from afar be it home or abroad. If you lump all into one single whole, you make it cumbersome for the client to sieve through and find relevant data pertaining to his/her project. This is just me saying, so the opinion you should seek is that of your client weighed against how you can time manage things.

Yes I agree with you. Its not easy updating all posts. Nairaland platform is not a very flexible nor smart forum, so what I suggest you do is to lump all non project topics (e.g interior, rental property, interlocking designs, quotes etc) into one BUILDING MAGAZINE allowing room for  "Frequently Asked Question" and allow each on-going project (Enugu, Anambra, Spyder880's duplex) as stand alone. Abi how una see am?

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
Whao! Some very good points from Rastaman20 and Diordaves. You guys gave some very valid points, I am listening and learning more. Thanks guys.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2012
Happy New-year All. May this year be a year of greater things, new heights.

sypder! what happens when you have like 10-15 different projects with similarities? You and I know that update and feedback to your clients will be done on a personal level not NL, issue that might not be discussed here will arise. I still say let projects with similarities stay together.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you prince. For 2 flats of 3 bedroom, you will need 3500-4000 blocks from decking till next decking, all depending on room sizes and other feutures. If its 9" blocks, you can get 33 good blocks from one bag of cement from moulding, and please dont forget to water your blocks for some time before use.

@Spyder: 3,500-4000 blocks? I would've sworn that they told me something like 6,500-7000 blocks! Maybe that's for everything till roofing but honestly I was thinking I need 6,500 for just the top two 3bedrooms flat. I also intend to use 9" only for the outer frame then 6" blocks for demarcation. So, how many 6" block do u think I can get per bag of cement?
As per opening, updating, and following up with the different and new thread, it all up to you. If you think you can handle it then that's fine. As for me whenever am here I just go back and read from my last post instead of searching from one thread to the other. All the same I think the last two guys kind of simplified it a little more! And like someone else also asked, what will you do or how will you handle the whole thread if you have 15-20 different projects going on? That will cause a whole lot of thread to be ab andone/neglected especially project under low budget/income.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
^^
@Spyder
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2012

@Spyder: 3,500-4000 blocks? I would've sworn that they told me something like[b] 6,500-7000 blocks[/b]! Maybe that's for everything till roofing but honestly I was thinking I need 6,500 for just the top two 3bedrooms flat. I also intend to use 9" only for the outer frame then 6" blocks for demarcation. So, how many 6" block do u think I can get per bag of cement?
As per opening, updating, and following up with the different and new thread, it all up to you. If you think you can handle it then that's fine. As for me whenever am here I just go back and read from my last post instead of searching from one thread to the other. All the same I think the last two guys kind of simplified it a little more! And like someone else also asked, what will you do or how will you handle the whole thread if you have 15-20 different projects going on? That will cause a whole lot of thread to be ab andone/neglected especially project under low budget/income.

Thats too much, or maybe they mean the whole building. You can get 43-44 blocks of 6'' hollow from a bag of cement. we have treated all these in one of my threads here on nairaland called ''The technology of block making"
you can find more about block making from there.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
For my clients who are trying to decide between internal and external piping of waste from their upcoming projects, just keep this picture in mind, after the young man packed into this house, soon there was a leakage of waste and they had to open the walls and do the piping afresh. Imagine how the whole house will be smelling.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:44am On Jan 02, 2012
spyder880:

For my clients who are trying to decide between internal and external piping of waste from their upcoming projects, just keep this picture in mind, after the young man packed into this house, soon there was a leakage of waste and they had to open the walls and do the piping afresh. Imagine how the whole house will be smelling.
Thanks for explaining more on the block. Will the blocks still be strong after getting 43/44 from a bag? Anyway, I'll deal with that towards the end of the month and when I talk with the guys that will mould the blocks.
Per the picture above, I have witnessed that at a friends house which is why all mine are external except the electric cables.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:20am On Jan 02, 2012
prince_onx:

Thanks for explaining more on the block. Will the blocks still be strong after getting 43/44 from a bag? Anyway, I'll deal with that towards the end of the month and when I talk with the guys that will mould the blocks.
Per the picture above, I have witnessed that at a friends house which is why all mine are external [b]except the electric cables[/b].

Yes, all my electric cables have to be internal, that's why I keep a conduit electrician nearby at every site.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 6:29am On Jan 02, 2012
@spyder880. What u have just showed us is one of the disadvantages of doing internal pipe , pls what are the advantages?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 6:47am On Jan 02, 2012
^^
don't know if I should call or address it as advantage. I think it's more of the looks/appearance on the house. When those pipes are external you can visible see them on the wall while conduits are passed through inside the blocks. Just like electric cables. Instead of running cables through out the house or building, in conduit you only see switches and suckets without seeing a visible cable. Others can speak more on this too!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ to add to what he said about the architectural beauty of any house without external plumbing works. It is safer to keep your pipes internally as some rodents could climb the house easily from the external pipes, it is also easier to damage external piping works, an example is when something like ladder falls on it and breaks/shifts it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thanks a lot for the insight, so all depends on personal choice and Taste, as the cost is thesame or are they different in cost?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
spyder880:

i am s much afraid of conduit for waste pipes, when they develop issues, the whole thing gets messy.
shocked
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
The cost for doing internal piping is costlier, as it involves laying pipes within walls and concrete slabs, pillars and sometimes beams. The labour cost for internal piping of waste is high as the plumbers will be involved in every stage of the project, unlike the external pipes where the plumbers comes to site only after the roofing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^From the pix up there, i dont even think it is about the cost anymore, but the smell and how gross it will be if something should happen. . .thanks for the eye opener.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Another important lesson learnt today, I dey copy ooo, this is the reason why Eze alwaysa go to School. Coz everyday we learn new things.pls keep those tips coming @ all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pictures of external piping works being loaded now. To keep the debate balanced, we need to see the external pipes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
spyder880:

Pictures of external piping works being loaded now. To keep the debate balanced, we need to see the external pipes.

Cant wait to see the pix . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
ok

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
some rooms in my house already plastered under the decking, conduit works will continue in this site tomorrow as we continue the plastering of the walls internally.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
The outside piping is not bad at all . . . . .And i think the advantage outweighs the other
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 2:40am On Jan 03, 2012
You are right femmmy. It's quicker, easier, and cheaper to both install or replace if it break. My main reason for settling with external piping is simply because of what I witnessed at a friends house back in 2006. The waste from the flat above was diverting into the walls of the one under. They had to tear down almost one whole side of the house to fix this mess and let's not talk about the site of it or smell. The external piping can be fixed in few minutes without needing a brick layer to break or plaster any wall. Even at that though the internal piping looks way better and professional if only we can/have good quality materials. Piping are done internally here and they last for decades without you even remembering it exist but just like in naija, when it need work? It's real work and expensive to fix/repair.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2012
The
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2012
^^^ all plumbing works are supposed to be completed before the plastering.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
I prefer internal piping simply because of the neatness and i honestly hate seeing pips outside buildings. I have done internal piping in my building and hope I don't regret it. In western world, most modern buildings have internal piping and can last for a long period of time. I believe the problem we have in Nigeria is the quality of material being use and the unqualified plumbers and electricians employed to do the piping work.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by TBrownAuto(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Woa have been using my phone for month now back to system its great typing on keybaord now I will be able to load some pics
about my project the work is going just fine site open today work in progress all material needed at site only i exhaust the money for labour
there the problem lies, lol wetin I go do enough champ and whisky with better bush meat.

so every one in the house that has read my post about my project you will see my pics soonest this time no story
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Real eye opener . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.