Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (298242 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2012
ricki:

hi NL1960, is there any chance your bro. (the logger) is around western part at all. As it seemed i will be need a consultant like him soon for my project in both lagos and ogun state (all wood build) mostly wood rather just like american and european build. itried to PM you but can't find the pm thing. Been following this thread for some time now.

@ricki. He is not in the western part of the country. He is based in Edo north and he mostly works within certain areas of that Edo north.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2012
Work is still ongoing in my house as the carpenter moves to complete his works. I have to go get another quote for the roofing sheets. The first man that measured it gave N550k for everything, roofing sheets, cladding, transport, installation and assessories.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bisanjay: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Spyder880,

i wish to refer you to my comments and the very important question i asked on page 58 of this thread, unfortunately and for whatever reasons you've not responded. i hereby repeat the comments & questions here for you:
------------------------------------------------------well done on the progress of this project, it appears you've gotten good deal on ur aluminum sheet @550 . i'll like to contact this dealer for quotation, pls give the contact number if you don't mine . it will also interest me if you can confirm the size of this project; nos of rooms/specifics of other conveniences , thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
Good work
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ bisanjay, I will send his number to your mail when I get home today.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
spydy baba well done
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
@sixtus; thanks man.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
i will send you mail on your yahoo box now
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
Spyder well done oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WOW COOLL!!!!!

Make I say SP Cool J!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
spyder man please check your yahoo mail,i have just sent you mail
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2012
Am Alone:

Spyder well done oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WOW COOLL!!!!!

Make I say SP Cool J!!!

Thanks man, your own is turning out pretty.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2012
Still loving and learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 12:55am On Jan 27, 2012
keep it up
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
Another day to learn and love more of what you doing, Sir
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Final touches still going on with the roofing wood work. The second roofer said its N556k for the roofing sheets after calculating his measurements. This roof must change colour next week!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
spyder880:

Final touches still going on with the roofing wood work. The second roofer said its N556k for the roofing sheets after calculating his measurements. This roof must change colour next week!

Amen
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NosaTheo: 10:42am On Jan 28, 2012
@spyder880

Attached is the building plan for the propose commercial building.
please your input will be very much appreciated.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
Spyder, what's your opinion about slate ceiling and PVC ceiling? What is the price margin? 

I could recall you said somewhere in this blog, you'll install PVC. I know the cost of PVC strip ceilings  but got no idea the cost of slate ceiling.  My question is open to anyone that has an answer.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ by slate ceiling, do you mean asbestos?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ Oga Spyder, na asbestos I meant. What's the lifespan compared to PVC strips? Awaiting your response.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Neocon: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
Neocon Works and Services
Architects, Engineers & Project Managers

SERVICES
Building construction
Building maintenance and renovation
Architectural/structural design of various types of buildings
Mechanical/Electrical designs
Preparation of bill of Quantities(cost estimates).

Specialize in various building finishes such as
Roofing
P.O.P finishes on ceiling, walls and columns
Wall and floor finishes
Aluminum and Burglary
Plumbing Works
painting

External Works such as
Land Scarping
Inter-locking and Paving Stones

We are committed to giving you the best quality job that meets the industry's standard and global best practice.

Neocon Works and Services
Architects, Engineers & Project Managers
11b, Hinderer Road,
Apapa G.R.A.,
Lagos.
Tel: 0806-500-2636, 0802-999-3515
Email: neoconworks@yahoo.com[b][/b]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ the last time I asked about asbestos sheets, it was selling for N810/sheet of 4x4ft. The asbestos can last as long as 40 years if kids dont throw stones to break it from inside the rooms. I have seen multiple designs of asbestos used, and people can use wood to create design patterns on the 4ft sq to make it look like 2ft sq, I have also seen people that used paint to design asbestos ceiling boards.

The pvc is relatively new and so I cannot state its qualities since its still undergoing durability tests. The pvc is sure prettier and shiny. Are we sure it will not heat up rooms at night since it may soak up and store heat during the day, what about risk of fire, electrical melting wires can easily flame up on plastic ceiling, thats what I think, I have been wrong before however, so do your own findings bros,lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
Another day to learn and we still loving and learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 12:07am On Jan 29, 2012
Spyder, I really appreciate your contribution.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 2:55am On Jan 29, 2012
am alone,take it easy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:44am On Jan 29, 2012
Thank you guys, happy Sunday to all of you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
A.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^ I heard about it, but lots of things has been said to cause cancer in US, but there has not been any proven cause. If asbestos causes cancer in humans, all of us will have it. 90% of all the houses I know has asbestos ceiling in them. But am open to new tech, and thats why I will use some pvc in my house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2012
the disadvantage asbestor have over roofing sheet is only the cancer it causes
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
I also heard asbestos is bad for the lungs, but that is for workers in asbestos production facilities. I also heard asbestos water pipes (which I drank millions of gallons of water from) also causes cancer. Am not an authority in these things but, well maybe an informed expert can talk about these concerns.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
This thread has been with a lot of passion, innovation and fun. Thank you everyone most especially Spyder.

- Spyder, how did you come up with this name? smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^ lol at that! The name spyder is because I have been known to create intricate webs and build patiently till I achieve my own base.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.