Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,379 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294896 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2012
bekee72: can any body tell me how many blocks of 9 an 6 inches needed for the pic here.i mean from dpc of one 2 bedroom and one 3 bedroom all ensuit to two blocks after lintel?

your best bet is to look for a reliable quantity surveyor to give you a detailed quote (material schedule) based on your actual building plan. this kind of info is not generic as anybody can post anything here without even having a clue as to what they're talking about. better to spend a little money to get a true picture of what materials (quantity/price) you'd be needing for that project first hand than to rely on guesswork. and, believe me its not as expensive as you think.
just my 2 cents.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
I am here to mark register for the day and to learn
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2012
keep marking bro. i hope you learn enough to come build one in naija? wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
This is just to bring us up to date on the slow progress we have been making in this project (my house). To be candid with you guys, I never envisaged the type of expenses that goes into the completion of a built house. I tend to underestimate the finishing costs but do you know that this house has been taking funds from me and still looks like nothing is being done here?
The only joy is that me and my family has been living in the downstairs rooms in this property since June this year, saving me some rent expense in my former place. These few pictures are to see the little progress we have made since. I am happy to say that the quality of work is high. The materials may not be top of the range but I am happy, this is the ones I can afford now and I thank God for it. cheesy

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
as you can see, the scaffold is still hanging up there, window frames hung already but no windows yet.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
these are casting works we have done to make the window hoods, designed hoods to be hung soon

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
more window hoods

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
internally, the window frames has been dressed

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
note the straightness of the dressing

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
these neat works are done by us, we can do it elsewhere

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
we have done ceiling for most upstairs rooms

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
this will be my reading/browsing corner in my room with direct access to sunshine

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
PVC ceiling over the main living room (I cannot afford POP ceiling now, maybe my children will change it when they grow up cheesy)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
closer on the texture of some of the ceiling designs

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
Did you know that these PVC ceiling boards are made right here in Enugu, Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
This is my external sit out, a place I can stand upstairs and watch the world go by in my old age, a place to relax in the evenings and tell my wife and children tales of what I encountered building houses and doing business for a long time, a place I can host friends and laugh at life over a keg of palm wine and roasted bush meat, a place I can settle misunderstandings (people have turned me to a mini lawyer, as I settle petty yard disputes among my tenants)

But the works are still ongoing as we can see, the scaffolds will be removed within the month as we are rounding off the works. Note that ceiling design, it could be done with another colour to add to the beauty and accentuate the contrasts. Also note that the ceiling fan hook up there is not for a ceiling fan, it is for hanging a beautiful chandelier.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2012
spyder880: PVC ceiling over the main living room (I cannot afford POP ceiling now, maybe my children will change it when they grow up cheesy)

Well done. I guess this main sitting room is in the down part of the duplex i.e the PVC was done over the deck area. Iam asking because iam considering PVC ceiling on my main sitting room which is on the down part of my duplex as man no fit afford POP for now.

Btw, this PVC colour is fine. I hope i can steal the colour design.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
spyder880,
congrats! you don't really have nothing to complain about.
slow and steady wins the race.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Well done my brother,God is on ur side.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
George_D: spyder880,
congrats! you don't really have nothing to complain about.
slow and steady wins the race.

Costa2000: Well done my brother,God is on ur side.

Thank you my people.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
NL1960:

Well done. I guess this main sitting room is in the down part of the duplex i.e the PVC was done over the deck area. Iam asking because iam considering PVC ceiling on my main sitting room which is on the down part of my duplex as man no fit afford POP for now.

Btw, this PVC colour is fine. I hope i can steal the colour design.

No, my main sitting room is on the ground floor but has a void on top of it so the PVC ceiling is high on the roof beneath the roofing sheets.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
spyder880: PVC ceiling over the main living room (I cannot afford POP ceiling now, maybe my children will change it when they grow up cheesy)

I love that ceiling . . . . Keep it up, Pal
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skillsict: 7:15am On Oct 11, 2012

What is the cost of this PVC ceiling?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2012
skills_ict:

What is the cost of this PVC ceiling?

A bundle costs N9,500.00. This bundle contains 10 pcs of plastic boards measuring 20ft in length and 7 inches wide.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I love that ceiling . . . . Keep it up, Pal

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2012
spyder880:

A bundle costs N9,500.00. This bundle contains 10 pcs of plastic boards[b] measuring 20ft in length[/b] and 7 inches wide.

This is really long. Is this the standard length for all PVC boards in the market?. With this length, how do you transport it over a long distance.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2012
NL1960:

This is really long. Is this the standard length for all PVC boards in the market?. With this length, how do you transport it over a long distance.

Innoson pvc board are always 20ft, I have not taken time to measure others but they are equally very long. I like the length as it makes it possible to stretch to the whole ceiling without need to cut it into pieces which will present a joining problem. It might not be neat in the end.
The transportation is usually not by car, the best way to transport it is by loading it on a vehicle with a long frame, or fold it slightly and place it on a pick up truck.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skillsict: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
spyder880:

A bundle costs N9,500.00. This bundle contains 10 pcs of plastic boards measuring 20ft in length and 7 inches wide.

Thank you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
plastering the interiors slow but steady

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2012
welldone bro! you're doing great!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
George_D: welldone bro! you're doing great!

Thanks so much.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
more curves

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.