Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (47611 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
Help2020:

The richest Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Nan hustlers they stay abroad. God bless your hustle
You sabi aswear

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Rebuke: 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
Davidoff2000:

You are foolish-abroad has 205 destinations as countries. spending 3weeks abroad doesn't mean living in one penthouse on porchester terrace. it could mean business trips to 4 or 5 different cities over a 21 day period. Is that living abroad?
dangote lives in Parkview, Ikoyi
Otedola lives in B/Island
Adenuga lives in B/Island- this one doesn't even travel anywhere
Mai deribe lives in Maiduguri
Foloronsho Alkija, Ikoyi (the husband every evening is in Ikoyi Club, where he is now banned)
Abdulsamad Rabiu- Maitama/Ikoyi
etc etc.
Davido is presently in France. A fool like you will say he lives in France. He has a house in Atlanta, but he is hardly ever there? Wiz kid has a house in LA, he is always in Ghana. Burna nko? PSquare, with a condo in Buckhead, Atlanta, and doesn't even go there? except on tour

What do you know? People that can leave Nigeria, spend three weeks abroad, hopping from city to city, then return, this foolish guy living in isele Ukwu or Boki saying they live abroad. Is abroad a single place or comi=bination or more than 205 countries?

Dumb. Die in your ignorance

; cheesy ; cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I said it, yhu just confirmed my point. Yhu are the dumbest thing I've ever come across.

I will just leave yhu in yhur mud of ignorance......I see how low and slow yhu are now.

Everyone here understands the context we are talking from, except a blockhead like yhu.

People who have properties both home and outside their home countries but have almost all their families outside and spend more time over there and will choose to stay away from home at anytime, yhu are here running yhur mouth......

As a matter of fact, yhu are already died in yhur ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
valuedammy:
Why won't they regret.

A friend of mine who just arrived Nigeria last week was seen in filling station queeing to buy fuel, what regret would be more than that?
Dem no dey queue for west ba

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Most of them come back and start using their American connect to cash out on gullible Nigerians

Funny thing I noticed about this American and Canadian returnees is that the moment they get Permernent Residency they come back home straight and start their usual business

Rappers
Musicians
Comedians
Actors
Car dealership
Farming
Travel Agents
And most especially Yahoo Yahoo money laundering and pickers

The Nigerians that have not travelled out to hustle before and always complaining about Nigeria I just look at them and smile, some of them may never understand the emotional torture of a migrant without necessary documents to get proper job, competing with wicked Asians and Mexicans for horrible job

Lolzzzzz....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
Gokoyer0:
The kiddos and those that never stepped their feet at any airport will never understand this. An immigrant who is a second class citizen is doing not bad to be candidgrin. Some people are fine with doing cleaning, dishwashing, food delivery jobs for decades grin. This kind of situation is very common in Europe.

Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by michael18(m): 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Kindly join this link
https:///+VjYSdLKaPHZlM2M0
for your Hope psbank Termial
Very affordable
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
BleedTears:

No vex just small question, are you a first class citizen in nigeria?
And people who later became citizens are they still Second class citizen?

Because me go like be like Elon Musk as second class citizen.

Elon musk is from South Africa, am sure you know the rest of the story.
Nigerians no get that kind brain my brother

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
QuinModah:
Yes many do

Naija is tough and no food for uninventive man for Lagos. You either shape up or ship out.

Nigeria needs creativity now and not some kind of employee situation.

No lamentation would change that.

If you interested in crypto learning check out m y c r y p t o n g on telegram
Nigerians are not innovative

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
mediainc:

Wishing all Nigerians the best. We need to promote and develop our homeland. Of course some have papers, they ain't immigrants no more...but let us represent Nigeria well.
I love this
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
You won't know Nigeria or motherland in general,is good,until you go to "Big Name Countries" and find yourself nobody amongst nowhere.

In Nigeria,if you're poor,someone would recognise you because you standout. In abroad, you may even die without neighbours intervention. What a heartlessness?

In Nigeria,when you're rich,anyone would recognise you and the poor ones would respect you. In abroad countries, nobody knows you exist.

Nigeria is moist with fun,to me abroad is dry and complex. Life is very complex abroad. Even their manner of speech is very complex. Mockery, Idioms,Irony everything in their speech.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
mixta140:

Dem no dey queue for west ba

Don't mind stupids.

I will swear by Allah that Life in Nigeria is very nice and fun.

Everything abroad,US in particular, is very complex.

The people are boring. From young to elders are all unserious. They may not speak to you in simple language. They always mix it jokes,mockery, Irony and sh**.

None that never cross Benin border would know Nigeria (or African countries are) is nice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by hardbody: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
Cj4charles:
Someone once said that it is better to be a fowl roaming around the street of US than to be a human being in Nigeria

May it be unto him and the persons accepting his proposition and prayers as they have wished. I will rather be a human being in Nigeria anytime

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by alvan06(m): 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
[quote author=paulolee post=110294871]I never ment reach dt level...leave dis suffer n come back again to do wat??
my friend ovie dt left for common Luxembourg since 2009 av sworn never to return to naija, he is doing well n do send moni to his famz here n even making plans to move all of them abroad n I pray mk e includ me join d plans .
he is always busy n just last week e asked for a v.c bcox its bin long e had seen wat d environment looks like..
he called dt evening n first thing he asked was "GUY NO TELL ME SAY AFTER ALL THIS YEARS WEY I LEAVE NAIJA, UNA STILL DEY SUFFER WIT LIGHT"...I just weak,
Point of correction Luxembourg is not common,Luxembourg is one of the best destinations when travelling, they might be a small nation but fucking wealthy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Amalekki: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
grin cheesy

Op, maybe let's ask our former Governors if they preferred when they were Governors or now that they are enjoying chanji in their respective dungeons as bloody commoners stuck in traffic without blazing siren and overzealous trigger happy Police men ready to kill anybody that dare near their convoy shocked shocked

The richest Nigerians don't live in Nigeria sir, they just visit to milk their cash cow called Nigeria.

Dangote spends more time abroad than in Nigeria. Same with your politicians. Otedola is always in Monaco or London, same with his family. Tinubu is now a part time Nigerian, he is always going back to London to refuel his engine grin

Don't be deceived, we see these people across a lot.

Most of them that you find here are here to milk the Nigerian masses to sustain their children's luxury life abroad. Check well, all of them have their kids living outside Nigeria. That's the saddest truth, including your current President, all his daughters and even wife your First Lady live outside Nigeria cos of security reasons, no be juju be that grin cheesy
Spot on. Even Atiku na part-time Nigerian. They are all one leg in one leg out milking Naija to the fullest and grooming their children to take over.

But I understand those citing them as examples, na spectators dey enjoy match pass.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Aharpride1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
Most celebrities did it. It paid off.

Living better lives here even
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by flokii: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
No place like home, Africa is my home..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Amalekki: 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Aharpride1:

That's not peculiar to Nigeria.

Celebrities, successful politicians and the wealthy in Haiti, Guinea Bissau or Afghanistan live better life than regular folks in the best countries in the world.

If you don't belong in that category you better face reality for the sake of your future and your family's.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by drlateef: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
mediainc:

So many came back to start business, not everyone have enough brains or will to become an entrepreneur, some are meant to.be workers till they die...most prefer going to America for trips and business, not everyone like being a bloody immigrant or second class citizen grin

On a serious note, we need more Nigerians to travel out, and send back foreign payments, so Nigeria traveling out is a good thing, since our population is huge.

You are the only one talking sense here. I want to come home when am retired to spend the rest of my life here. I don’t want to die in care home lonely. At least my people are my clothe as we say in Yoruba. Life is lonely abroad. No matter how much you make, you will always miss the social life in Nigeria. Making preparations for home coming is important. Buy your own solar panels, dig your own borr holes, get your own security and surround yourself with family and relatives. That’s all you need to transit to the next world. Not loneliness.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by flokii: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
Aharpride1:

You're right you know.. see someone like Tiwa that was struggling for back stage artiste in yankee now chilling with the big boys in Naija.
It's only your kind that'll appreciate you.. others will just tolerate you or use you.

It's even the Nigerian kids they gave birth to abroad who complain bitterly of racial abuses and literally beg to relocate to Nigeria and experience life in Nigeria that I pity.. shows the adults running abroad aren't even as wise as they think.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mat2lock(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
I used to work closely with one of the top 4 richest person in Nigeria and i can tell you for a fact that he and his family live in Nigeria, Lagos to be precise, though he goes on a lot of business trips abroad, but he can't wait to come back home.
Rebuke:

Bros, it's either yhu are not ready to say the truth or yhu are just displaying pure ignorance.

Tell me one very rich man yhu know in Nigeria that spends more time here in Nigeria than abroad? From yhur ex governors to ex presidents, ministers and yhur law makers...all of those ones that have stolen our money, how many times do yhu see them around?

What yhu don't know is that, most of them have properties overseas and practically stay abroad they only come here only to catch cruise or probably to steal money grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do yhur research very well and yhu will be shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by lagonovo: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2022
drlateef:

You are the only one talking sense here. I want to come home when am retired to spend the rest of my life here. I don’t to die in care home lonely. At least my people are my clothe as we say in Yoruba. Life is lonely abroad. No matter how much you make, you will always miss the social life in Nigeria. Making preparations for home coming is important. Buy your own solar panels, dig your own borr homes, get your own security and surround yourself with family and relatives. That’s all you need to transit to the next world. Not loneliness.
... but don't get sick o

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Newton2024: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
grin cheesy

Op, maybe let's ask our former Governors if they preferred when they were Governors or now that they are enjoying chanji in their respective dungeons as bloody commoners stuck in traffic without blazing siren and overzealous trigger happy Police men ready to kill anybody that dare near their convoy shocked shocked

The richest Nigerians don't live in Nigeria sir, they just visit to milk their cash cow called Nigeria.

Dangote spends more time abroad than in Nigeria. Same with your politicians. Otedola is always in Monaco or London, same with his family. Tinubu is now a part time Nigerian, he is always going back to London to refuel his engine grin

Don't be deceived, we see these people across a lot.

Most of them that you find here are here to milk the Nigerian masses to sustain their children's luxury life abroad. Check well, all of them have their kids living outside Nigeria. That's the saddest truth, including your current President, all his daughters and even wife your First Lady live outside Nigeria cos of security reasons, no be juju be that grin cheesy
MrMcJay:
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by lagonovo: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
Amalekki:

Spot on. Even Atiku na part-time Nigerian. They are all one leg in one leg out milking Naija to the fullest and grooming their children to take over.

But I understand those citing them as examples, na spectators dey enjoy match pass.
"Na spectators dey enjoy match pass". Hmmm that's deep.

We are largely a land dominated by mere spectators and we love the entertainment but in reality, it's mostly emptiness, frustrations & hard core endurance. Baba Fela summarized it all as suffering and smiling. Suffering Naijaman will be boasting about the wealth of his countryman who doesn't give a damn about him.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by seyz91(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
You said it all!

Nothing else to add or remove
Help2020:

The richest Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Nan hustlers they stay abroad. God bless your hustle

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by amuwo1980: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
Help2020:

Yes the richest Nigerians live in nigeria but not all that live abroad are hustlers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by babadee1(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
paulolee:
I never ment reach dt level...leave dis suffer n come back again to do wat??
my friend ovie dt left for common Luxembourg since 2009 av sworn never to return to naija, he is doing well n do send moni to his famz here n even making plans to move all of them abroad n I pray mk e includ me join d plans .
he is always busy n just last week e asked for a v.c bcox its bin long e had seen wat d environment looks like..
he called dt evening n first thing he asked was "GUY NO TELL ME SAY AFTER ALL THIS YEARS WEY I LEAVE NAIJA, UNA STILL DEY SUFFER WIT LIGHT"...I just weak

How is Luxembourg common? It has a higher GDP per capita than any other country in Europe and the standard of living there is higher than in America.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Kirkman: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
VIKTO83:
I've been reading comments here and it proves how badly Nigeria had been hit.
I'm a typical example. Studied in UK, voluntarily came home to practice and have been grateful that I'm a patriotic Nigerian.
It's not just about money, but about patriotism.
Unfortunately d society hasn't been rewarding enough.
Patriotic Nigerian kee you there.. opportunity wey everybody dey look for, you see am, you carry that your big head come back Nigeria. Couldn't you pull strings to practice over there?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
Mamagee made the front page! cheesy
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by blackbriar: 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
Hustle na sad

Yes,
what kind of Hustle??
Because i no sure say hustle dey Bangladesh ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic) / Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.