Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (47612 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Help2020: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
mixta140:

You sabi aswear
Thank you.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
All those talking about they will never come back after traveling abroad, keep deceiving yourself. Anyone abroad that says that is either living illegally and will not be able to return after visiting, or they are dead broke and can't even afford a bloody plane ticket.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by GeneralDae: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
planetx:
All those talking about they will never come back after traveling abroad, keep deceiving yourself. Anyone abroad that says that is either living illegally and will not be able to return after visiting, or they are dead broke and can't even afford a bloody plane ticket.
Facts. If one has money or works online earning dollars or in a good Nigerian company with health insurance and then live in one of those estates in Abuja with almost 24 hours electricity, why live Abroad? The only reason to go abroad is to get a stronger passport and good money that enables one establish and settle big in Naija chilling with the big boys. Dangote lives in lagos and has no house abroad, Adenuga is always there chilling in Bannana Island, the Elumelu's also and the rest of them. They only go abroad for business trips or holiday. That is the kind of life we Nigerians should dream of, not thinking of living all of our youthful years abroad.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by jaxxy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
The richest Nigerians don't live in Nigeria sir, they just visit to milk their cash cow called Nigeria.

Dangote spends more time abroad than in Nigeria. Same with your politicians. Otedola is always in Monaco or London, same with his family. Tinubu is now a part time Nigerian, he is always going back to London to refuel his engine grin

Don't be deceived, we see these people across a lot.

Most of them that you find here are here to milk the Nigerian masses to sustain their children's luxury life abroad. Check well, all of them have their kids living outside Nigeria. That's the saddest truth, including your current President, all his daughters and even wife your First Lady live outside Nigeria cos of security reasons, no be juju be that grin cheesy

They live in Nigeria bt are not always in Nigeria. grin

They may be in Dubai for months then UK touch Nigeria for 1 month or 2 and out again. Bt they live in Nigeria they are fully resident in Nigeria bt Nigeria bores them.

So they are always out on holiday most of the year and work remotely from anywhere. They main job is in Nigeria bt their investment is abroad.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by zomby(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
Yes, Nigeria is a useless country where nothing makes sense, but yet some will do anything to relocate to Nigeria and stay.

One must not discourage anyone that wants to relocate from the USA, as the move is not for everyone; it is a perfect spot for some, while it remains a miserable jungle for others.
But for sure, if the security is intact and the medical system is up to standard, I believe more Nigerians will be motivated to relocate without any hesitation.

In a nutshell, the Nigerians that relocated with no regret are mostly from wealthy families with super connections; you can't expect to relocate from the USA and live in Ikorodu or Oshodi to sell provisions...It isn't going to WORK!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by babaztee: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
There is no place like home. If you don't live a better life or have a thriving business or work in your country, you may seek for one wherever your maker will direct you else, you will hustle till you die with NOTHING to show for it.

The best place you can be and be successful in life is where God leads you. Nigeria is not good yet people are making it genuinely.
Have faith in God, make up your mind, persevere in what you are convinced of doing in life and success will be yours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
I know of a doctor yes a doctor in the US who relocated to Nigeria and set up his own hospital. People come from the US to do IVF fertility treatments at his hospital at far less cost than in the US. Life is too short to be living forever in those boring, soulless, lifeless oyinbo countries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
My brother na flight ticket hold me here oh cos I got a Bangladesh visa last year and it expired angry

My plans was to move from Bangladesh to any other nice country and then to US, but considering the cost of flight since covid-19, any help will be appreciated plz, ejoor cry
The average Bangladeshi will do anything to move to Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by GeneralDae: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
planetx:
The average Bangladeshi will do anything to move to Africa.
Imagine that one wants to go to Bangladeshi ehn, not even India grin. When people like him get there and see the struggle and can't relocate, they go into drug trafficking or yahoo tarnishing the image of thesame Nigeria even further.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kabukabu50(m): 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
planetx:
I know of a doctor yes a doctor in the US who relocated to Nigeria and set up his own hospital. People come from the US to do IVF fertility treatments at his hospital at far less cost than in the US. Life is too short to be living forever in those boring, soulless, lifeless oyinbo countries

Yep,its absolutely boring to have 24/7 power,water,sewage,security .It really sucks when everything works as it should for the most part.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by watersideboys: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
QuinModah:
Dangote, Innoson, Adenuga, Rabiu and Otedola are all in Nigeria

Baba na lie

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by UnbiasedOne: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
planetx:

Dis doctor’s name and location?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HBB1(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
My brother na flight ticket hold me here oh cos I got a Bangladesh visa last year and it expired angry

My plans was to move from Bangladesh to any other nice country and then to US, but considering the cost of flight since covid-19, any help will be appreciated plz, ejoor cry

Bangla what?
grin

No try am o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by watersideboys: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2022
VIKTO83:
I've been reading comments here and it proves how badly Nigeria had been hit.
I'm a typical example. Studied in UK, voluntarily came home to practice and have been grateful that I'm a patriotic Nigerian.
It's not just about money, but about patriotism.
Unfortunately d society hasn't been rewarding enough.

Lol. Baba you no come back voluntarily. You had no choice

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2022
There is one I know here that just came back few days ago after spending 20 years in USA he want to go for politics contesting for house of rep now in osun

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Splitmind:

Let me tell you many people in that America are praying hard every day to get Nigerian passports.
Are you sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by PrincessDiana: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum
Newboss:

Oga, they LIVE there. They do business here. It's not actually hard to figure out. Nigeria does not have what it takes to support their lifestyle.

It's not worth it. Where will you drive your Rolls Royce and Lamborghini? In those gutters in Lagos? Oh, then they kidnap you.

Baba, it's very simple. They DO NOT live in Nigeria. They only do business here, or visit friends and family. They are always in a hurry to hop on their jets once they're done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by GeneralDae: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
watersideboys:

Baba na lie
That's a fact. All the names he mentioned live in Nigeria but travel out for holidays or business trips.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
lagonovo:

... but don't get sick o
People get sick and die in America all the time, I personally know two Nigerians recently who got sick from heart disease and stroke in the US and both died.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
kabukabu50:

Yep,its absolutely boring to have 24/7 power,water,sewage,security .It really sucks when everything works as it should for the most part.
You don't need to go abroad to have access to 24/7 electricity, that is old school thinking. This is 2022, 24 hrs electricity in Nigeria is not rocket science anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
QuinModah:
Dangote, Innoson, Adenuga, Rabiu and Otedola are all in Nigeria
Leave the fool
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
UnbiasedOne:

Dis doctor’s name and location?
So you can go and kidnap him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by UnbiasedOne: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
planetx:
So you can go and kidnap him.

Can’t kidnap an imaginary doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by aboyaji(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2022
Swingate:
I left the UK and came back to Nigeria since 2017 and there is no regrets at all . Nigeria is a very wonderful county and I'm totally in love with Nigeria.
I started my company Riomax Empire online store and the ride is amazing, I thank God everyday for giving me the wisdom and courage to take that decision.
The only problem is our mentality here ,we all need reorientation so we can have a better society.
There are too many opportunities here in Nigeria and I can see them clearly. Thanks

Please, could you name the list of opportunities in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by geosegun(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
Davidoff2000:

I nearly ran mad when I came back for reasons I don't care to mention here now. It took me two years before I got a job and started getting back on my feet. Now, I am happier here than there.

Now lemme tell you about America.

America is good, depending on your level and state before you got there. If you were jobless, doing POS or selling rat poison in traffic, getting to America will seem like heaven for you and you cant stop thanking God you got there. If you were doing good, living the good life in Nigeria, and then relocated to America, America is only a slight upgrade. There is nothing an American can enjoy there, you wont enjoy here (with your money ofcourse).

If you were using iphone11 and you got bumped to iphone13, will you go thanking God and be freaked that you are now using iphone13? No. But if you were using techno or itel and then got gifted 1phone 13, its a whole new game altogether.

That's how it is-so it depends on your status on Nigeria really and then how you got there- your path to citizenship. If you go as a student on full tuition, you are good. If a spouse or parent won a green card and you go and you don't even have an idea how rent is paid, you are good too. You don't worry about insurance, taxes, etc etc. Someone has already made the sacrifice for you.

But if you go on a visa, overstay and hope to make good? You are on a long thing, and your experience will be one of stress and near bitterness. Your path to citizenship determines everything.

In America, someone must have made the sacrifice for you, for you to come and start enjoying the good life. If you are the one to make the sacrifice? Only your children will enjoy o, not you- you are the pathfinder, the sacrificial lamb- you won't enjoy your life- others would.

Las las..if you are earning good in Nigeria, you have a better life balance- money, family, social network, sense of community etc.

There, its a lonely society out there, so cold it can make you miserable in old age due to loneliness.

My two kobo

You are very correct with your analysis. Most of us abroad still hope to relocate to Nigeria sometimes. Albeit on a bigger level. Nigeria is far better if you are financially bouyant.

If Nigeria were to be better today in terms of infrastructure, economy and security. Nigeria will receive quite substantial number of her citizens relocating back home.

Come to think of it, this would be good for the country as those relocating will bring lots of ideas and investment, thereby creating more jobs for the people. Those bad mouthing Nigeria are not doing anyone good. They are making things worse for themselves and their cronies.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
Eastlink:
My cousin did. After the death of his parents, an aunt sent him to the US in 2019. In 2021, this dude returned to Naija citing one useless excuse that I can't understand. Like he literally bought ticket and boarded a plane himself from New York to Lagos before returning to the villa to the surprise of his siblings. Till now, everyone is still in shock. He lives in the villa currently doing nothing and surving from the little investment his elder bro is handling.

This dude in question is not a hard guy that will get himself in a drug related problem nor is he a womanizer or a troublesome person. And he has no plans on going back sincerely. Even if he did, I doubt anyone will make that mistake of funding his trip.
baba see real suffering for new york. hand touch am for new york. he collect. baba come japa enter naija again. truly america is not for soft ajebutters. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
UnbiasedOne:

Can’t kidnap an imaginary doctor.
Imaginary? Get a Visa first before you start disbelieving that a doctor can relocate to Nigeria from the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by EvilNeedle(m): 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
Splitmind:

Let me tell you many people in that America are praying hard every day to get Nigerian passports.

Lol. In your dreams Loll

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
Davidoff2000:

I nearly ran mad when I came back for reasons I don't care to mention here now. It took me two years before I got a job and started getting back on my feet. Now, I am happier here than there.

Now lemme tell you about America.

America is good, depending on your level and state before you got there. If you were jobless, doing POS or selling rat poison in traffic, getting to America will seem like heaven for you and you cant stop thanking God you got there. If you were doing good, living the good life in Nigeria, and then relocated to America, America is only a slight upgrade. There is nothing an American can enjoy there, you wont enjoy here (with your money ofcourse).

If you were using iphone11 and you got bumped to iphone13, will you go thanking God and be freaked that you are now using iphone13? No. But if you were using techno or itel and then got gifted 1phone 13, its a whole new game altogether.

That's how it is-so it depends on your status on Nigeria really and then how you got there- your path to citizenship. If you go as a student on full tuition, you are good. If a spouse or parent won a green card and you go and you don't even have an idea how rent is paid, you are good too. You don't worry about insurance, taxes, etc etc. Someone has already made the sacrifice for you.

But if you go on a visa, overstay and hope to make good? You are on a long thing, and your experience will be one of stress and near bitterness. Your path to citizenship determines everything.

In America, someone must have made the sacrifice for you, for you to come and start enjoying the good life. If you are the one to make the sacrifice? Only your children will enjoy o, not you- you are the pathfinder, the sacrificial lamb- you won't enjoy your life- others would.

Las las..if you are earning good in Nigeria, you have a better life balance- money, family, social network, sense of community etc.

There, its a lonely society out there, so cold it can make you miserable in old age due to loneliness.

My two kobo
You are not Far from the Truth.
You did justice to the discussion.
But in terms of access to quality HEALTHCARE services, provided your feet are in America, be it a peasant or Bill Gates, you will definitely have access to the best treatment.

But in Nigeria even some Local Government chairmen can't afford their treatments, some professors can't foot the bills for cancer treatment in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.
In dire Emergencies most Governors, senators & elites are flown back to same America where American peasants have unrestricted access to the best healthcare treatment.

This is a huge reason, one should strive to have papers in America even if you intend to relocate home. Their aggressiveness towards cancer treatment is epic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
gypsey:
Don't mind the ignoramus, he can keep consoling himself with the mindset that rich nigerians lives next to him in nigeria. grin
bro, dont listen to these people, the truth is that rich nigerians actually do live in nigeria. they have their own estates in banana island and chevron. there is this estate in chevron where that okoronkwo billionaire lives, if you enter this estate you will think you are in beverley hills. all the houses have pools and jacuzzi and big parking for at least 10 cars, the houses are huge and scientific with many gadgets. the gates are electric and they open with buttons. all their doors open with BUTTONS. everything in the house is opened with a button. the streets in the estate is paved by german companies and there is nice trees on the side of the road. BRO DONT BELIEVE THAT NONSENSE THAT RICH MEN LIVE ABROAD. THE ONLY ONES WHO LIVE ABROAD ARE THE ONES WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS WHO HAVE TO BE CLOSE TO THEIR ABROAD DOCTORS. THE HEALTHY ONES LIVE IN BILLION NAIRA HOUSE ESTATES IN CHEVRON LEKKI

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Newboss(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
PrincessDiana:
Stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum

Oh, Nairaland is not public in the true sense of that word. In case you didn't get the memo, it's a faceless forum. Your ego is useless here.

Bîtch bye

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by drlateef: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
lagonovo:

... but don't get sick o

We shall fix that, destiny can never be changed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic) / Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.