Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? (15227 Views)

Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Michael547(m): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2022
pacificom:
This biblical verse is not really pointing to a physical food on the table in the presence of our enemies. What it means in a spiritual sense is that God will bless and prosper us in a way that our enemies will see the radiation of his blessings and glory in our life. This blessings is for those who walk with him and obey his commandments. I prayed that God will give us the grace to do his will and be a beneficiary of his blessings.
Hmmm you made a very good point....Why if I may ask, Do you know why good people suffer?? Let's discuss this question. My WhatsApp 08167469103

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Hezbola: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2022
Who really are our enemies??
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by phemmyfour: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2022
And the enemy will see the mighty hand of God at work

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2022
EternalBeing:
Awesome!
Shallow bread and butter Christians hate Spiritual Warfare. They don't know that is the only way to build Spiritual Muscles and become Giant of Faith in the Eternal Kingdom.
Thanks bro.

Nice to hear from you again after a long time.

I trust you're doing great.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by KosiGee(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2022
princepee:
Simple!
To Pepe your enemy.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I get it now…So your enemies will be in ‘Sifia pain’.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:26am On Mar 06, 2022
Winters23:

Keep deceiving yourself, no human being is your enemy because whatever you think they're planning against you is what you're planning or even done to another person.

Your real enemy is yourself because you are what you hate, a hypocrite who thinks he is better than his neighbours
Feel free to keep hating, as long as you don't touch, you'd be alright.

But once you try to touch, that would be your end for sure, as several who have learnt the hard way.

So my advice, hate wisely.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by thatsleepboy1: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2022
The Lord said
We shall hold our peace and he will fight our battle
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Worldlegend(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2022
Booked
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 06, 2022
Yes he did to show your enemy that you have a bigger God
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by purplekayc(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2022
See question grin
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by okoroemeka(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"?

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies..." Psalms 23:5

It is to make a mockery of the threat my enemies pose, because God knows very well that the battle was not mine but His, so while my enemies were seriously busy planning, scheming, and fashioning weapons to use to launch attacks against me, God is busy preparing the table before me so I can be eating and drinking in their presence, because it's not me they're really trying to attack but God Himself, so they're actually planning to commit suicide, for if God be for me, who can be against me? Psalm 23:5, Romans 8:31

Moreover no weapons fashioned against me shall prosper, so when I hear them breathing and threatening fire and brimstone, I begin to yawn because it gets me really bored and to feel sleepy, as though bed time has come, because I know that regardless of what they tried to do, that nothing shall by any means hurt me. Isaiah 54:17, Luke 10:19.

God bless.
if you are in our imo state and some people are threatening fire and brimstone you cannot yawn and go to sleep,you have to be proactive and diffuse the potentially lethal situation or less men will blaster you and your table set before you.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2022
Ehhh it's simple , so they could see what God did for you na
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Youngminister(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2022
Because he's the omnipotent
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by humberjade: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2022
To spite your enemies of course cheesy
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Winters23: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Feel free to keep hating, as long as you don't touch, you'd be alright.

But once you try to touch, that would be your end for sure, as several who have learnt the hard way.

So my advice, hate wisely.

Who is filled with hate between me and you in this context?

You came online with your pride against imaginary enemies claiming your god will humiliate them for your personal agrandizement.

You religious lots have a special place with pain and suffering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by BluelightHotel: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2022
David was actually referring to his brothers as enemies.

Read your bible well.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by pacificom: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2022
Michael547:

Hmmm you made a very good point....Why if I may ask, Do you know why good people suffer?? Let's discuss this question. My WhatsApp 08167469103
Suffering has been part of christians life since Adam & Eve disobeyed God. Israelite suffered 40years of slavery in egypt and even jesus christ the son of God and his disciples came to this world to suffer. Satan is a key stakeholder of this world and sin has made man to be a victim of all forms of satanic attack which chastised us against the will of God for man. In the present days, children of God suffers in many ways such as lack, sicknesses, discrimination, oppression, persecution etc. Psalm 34:10 says : The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing" Making it to haven should be the ultimate goal for a christian. As for jesus, after his death, he felt no more pain or suffering, while he was with his father in heaven. That is why making haven should be a top priority for the children of God. Haven is our safe home, and that is a place where we shall be rewarded for all the suffering we may have passed through in the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2022
Denique check your email. I have have a research job for you. d description included.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Because nobody appreciates the sowing season you will be mocked, called broke , rejected by lovers but the things you will own, manage and maintain your enemies never imagined in their lifetime they tried to get rid of you, bomb you, stab you, shoot you but na you! For every winter there’s a spring of blessings.

Your children will love you

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Polynek(m): 11:57am On Mar 06, 2022
Everybody jox de mention ENEMIES upandan, now as all of una de shout enemies here and dea, den who kon b the enemy?
Shey no b human being or the enemy is it a spirit?
I want to know pls?
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by oloko1859(m): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
The enemy will see you dine, wine & merry while they watch in surprise & starvation without being able to do anything to help themselves. The word of God is far greater than the reasoning of man

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Panda7(m): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
in the real interpretation 'it is so the enemy may see the glory of God in you and give thanks to your father who is in heaven, remember john said 'we are the salt of the earth and without salt there is no preservation or taste.
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by ojtech8291: 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
Godada:

This may be a wrong place to ask this. Pardon me.

Aren't there Christians in Ukraine?

Why isn't their battle fought for them by God while a table is prepared for them in the presence of their enemies?

Just asking to squelch a curiosity.
Are Christians not in Russia? The will of God is not the will of Man. God knows why is quiet. Asking some questions is like judging God himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by cococandy(f): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
In summary, to pepper them.

grin

See God knows what’s up. No be today

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
Winters23:

Who is filled with hate between me and you in this context?

You came online with your pride against imaginary enemies claiming your god will humiliate them for your personal agrandizement.

You religious lots have a special place with pain and suffering
I don't still understand what's your business there since the matter doesn't concern you.

What has darkness got to do with light?

What has the dead got to do with the living?
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Winters23: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I don't still understand what's your business there since the matter doesn't concern you.

What has darkness got to do with light?

What has the dead got to do with the living?

Na your papa get Internet abi Mr light and darkness?

Because we have many foools who listen to your bs doesn't mean you are normal.

Fvckers like you belong in the psychiatric ward
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
Winters23:

Na your papa get Internet abi Mr light and darkness?

Because we have many foools who listen to your bs doesn't mean you are normal.

Fvckers like you belong in the psychiatric ward
Thanks for proving me right.

You've finally emerged from the shadows of others and using them as an excuse...

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks," so it was only a matter of time, before the Truth exposed the hatred and bitterness in your heart which is behind your comment...

Keep hating if you like and say whatever you want to say, na you get your mouth, but as I advised you, don't ever dare try to touch, because the day you dare that, that would be the last.

You may have the last word cause i'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Winters23: 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Thanks for proving me right.

You've finally emerged from the shadows of others and using them as an excuse...

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks," so it was only a matter of time, before the Truth exposed the hatred and bitterness in your heart which is behind your comment...

Keep hating if you like and say whatever you want to say, na you get your mouth, but as I advised you, don't ever dare try to touch, because the day you dare that, that would be the last.

You may have the last word cause i'm done with you.

Your foolishness makes you think because you have a god you are untouchable.

Everyone is untouchable with or without a god. Violence against anyone have consequences.

So come down from your ego and pride because of an imaginary god and stop thinking he'll humiliate others for your sake.

Meanwhile enjoy this for this sunday:

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by dialfa: 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
Because he's a foolish one.

Instead of entering the kitchen like a second housewife when the enemies are at the gates, a Wise One would be teaching his follower how to fight and manufature the best weapons.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! / Speak In Tongues- Pastor Chris / Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.