Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons (33671 Views)

Boris Johnson Says Putin Threatened Him With Missile Strike / Hungary Vows To Block Transit Of Lethal Weapons To Ukraine / Iran Is A MONTH Away From Having Enough Lethal Uranium To Build Nuclear Bomb(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by SeeThisLoser: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
Boris Johnson has revealed Britain will send lethal weapons to Ukraine as tensions escalate with Russia in today's Prime Minister's Questions.

Speaking in the House of Commons, he said: “I can announce to the House that in light of the increasingly threatening behaviour from Russia and in line with our previous support, the UK will shortly be providing a further package of military support to Ukraine.

This will include lethal aid in the form of defensive weapons and non-lethal aid.”

Much of today's PMQs was filled with questions about sanctions the government will impose on Russia and whether it will challenge Ofcom to remove Russia Today broadcasts, described by Keir Starmer as Putin "propaganda".

It comes as British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss defended the UK's "very serious package" of sanctions against Russia, saying the Government will ramp up punitive measures in the event of a "full-scale invasion" by Moscow.

A Ukrainian soldier has died and six others have been injured after heavy shelling by pro-Russia separatists in the self-declared People's Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk.

Ceasefire violations remain at a high level with separatist forces using heavy artillery, mortars and Grad rocket systems, Kyiv claims.

Putin says the Minsk Agreements set up to avoid war in the Donbas region of Ukraine "no longer exist".

Ukraine is set to declare a state of emergency across the whole country, barring the so-called independent regions, initially lasting 30 days.

It has urged citizens living in Russia, estimated to be up to three million people, to leave immediately.

Kyiv has called up a first wave of reservists, aged 18 to 60, to join the regular armed forces.

Follow our live updates throughout the day...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-ukraine-war-sanctions-live-26295655

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Dituta: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
CURRENT STRATEGIES TO SECURE THE BEST JOBS IN NIGERIA IN 2022!

If you've applied for two or more jobs and have not yet been contacted for an interview, it is a clear indication that your C.V. is ineffective and needs professional help.

If you're sick of being in this position and desperately need an effective C.V., pay attention to what you're about to read.

I know exactly where you can find assistance. There is a company that will rewrite your resume (CV) and convert it into a potent m.a.r.k.e.ti.ng t.o.ol that will land you multiple interview invitations and give you ninety nine percent chances of getting hired. They will open you up to the international community by offering you E.U..R.O..P.A.S..S standard C.V. formats.

They provide FAST, RELIABLE, and AFFORDABLE service. To top it all off, they're presently offering a promo with up to a 60% discount!

Now, here's the sweet part: the first twenty persons to contact them within a week of seeing this post will get a CV revamp for just N3,999 instead of the original N10,000 price. Take advantage of THIS!!

RUSH NOW! Contact them via the contact information in the poster below and begin your trip to success.

Thank you

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
Let's see how it goes for Russia..
Very violent and sick dictator who's bent on destroying the world..

Was this not how Adolf started his nonsense.. something similar.. cry
Modified:who are the buzzos saying Russia is fighting for a reason..what nonsense old territory is he fighting to get back..

Putin is an abject failure as “president” of Russia. In reality he’s a dictator who frankly has utterly failed to deliver. Russia’s economy sucks, their government is ruled by a criminal junta under Putin’s command, and Putin owes much to the petrochemical oligarchs who, in reality, control the economy.

Russia has continued to slip more and more under Putin every year. Putin NEEDS a win. His control demands respect, and he’s getting less of that every year in Russia. Putin thinks if he can rebrand himself as some sort of “Russia builder” that he can improve his image. That’s about it. Russia doesn’t NEED Ukraine, it’s all about his image...
He's just being scared of NATO..he does not want a future NATO country on his border..very weird guy..
To all his babyish nairaland supporters..will you prefer to be ruled by Putin or Biden..or do you prefer Russia to USA if you get the chance? undecided

181 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by iCauseTrouble: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2022
Make Boris and UK keep deceiving themselves.
I pity Nigerians living in the UK. grin

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by DoctorStylish: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hm
Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by FalseProphet1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
I see Buhari sending Nigerian soldiers to the war to help Britain as part of our agreement as members of the Commonwealth.

I see the soldiers abandoning their military gear and disappearing from the airport immediately their plane touches the British airport

I see lie Mohammed saying that the soldiers are already in Russia combating Putin's forces, I see some of the soldiers resurface after some months with British grannies as their wives.

This I have seen.

272 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by na2016: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dituta:
I'm beginning to get afraid

You see why some people have always been cautious about this Russia-Ukraine stuff? It may lead to a world war if not handled well.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by DukeNija(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Gsv
Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Ekenev2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Russia is still angry with the breakup of the former Soviet Union, which diluted its authority and power.

They are bent on destabilising all the breakaway countries by fuelling separatist moves and pro-Russian rebels. This Ukraine crisis is similar to what they did to Georgia in 2008

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by sotall(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
undecided

At the end, Russia will be decimated and made to start afresh .

This is how this ends

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by kulrunsman79(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Make una no start WW3 oooo. Africa has nothing to contribute to una wahala....

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by LIONSABRE(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
it has begun!
Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Kingosytex(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
I don't even understand how these so called leaders reason. The billions that are about to be spent on this fruitless war venture could be used to fight hunger and poverty.
Why exactly can't this problem be resolved in a round table?
Must everything be about war and force?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Greatdand007(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
SeeThisLoser:

Yiu can’t do anything you just making mouth Russia will turn uk to ground zero

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Thunderfayayou: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
SeeThisLoser:

War dey loom ooo! Where are those prophet's of doom. Make una motivate us abeg. I no get strength

8 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by AustineCJ: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by temmypotter(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
iCauseTrouble:

Who’s this one

What exactly is getting you excited? What’s amusing you?

Being Pro-Putin doesn’t make you look cool and tough dude, get your head out of your behind

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by chukwuibuipob: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
cool nice one.They should clip the wing of that Moscow lunatic Putin.His Eba don done.

Pa Obinna Righteousness2,u go like war/horror movie wella.U go see real HELLFIRE Wen d WEST/NATO respond with their HELL FIRE cool
U go see weda Bidemi is slow

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Masterito(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pity yourself. UK has enough Nuclear weapon to destroy Russia. Do you have any?
iCauseTrouble:

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by chronique(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hmmm. I still think diplomacy is the best way around this. UK, US and NATO should make an agreement to not accept Ukraine into NATO, and should also make Russia sign an agreement to not invade or intimidate Ukraine going forward. I very much understand Putin's thinking. No matter how much freedom and liberty we think Ukraine deserves, it would be foolish of Putin to trust the west and allow NATO admit Ukraine and now use them as a base to attack him in the future. No sane leader would allow that. Not one who has seen several wars and certainly not a man of Putin's calibre.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Farid24224(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Audio weapon.... that's a bluff!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by ayindejimmy(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Something is pushing Putin to embark on this needless war.
Maybe he has an innovative nuclear weapon he's dying to unleash.
All I know he is Putin is the antagonist and he may do damage, but he can't win

11 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by davibid: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
It’s getting more serious than I thought
Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by AustineCJ: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
use that energy to pity yourself living in nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by abdulskulboy(m): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
UK should park well jare

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by Akharmony: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
They say things in a close door meeting and come out to say a differrnt thing to the press. . . Fear this Gladiators called world leaders they are all in one accord...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
MrGistGuy:

I hope you know what putin is fighting for....
He is fighting for nonsense..pure nonsense..
Just like nkorea planning to invade skorea.. nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lake Fire In California Continues To Rage, Growing To 11,000 Acres( Vid) / Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location / Key Features Of Israel’s Multilayered Air Defence System Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.