Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! (28172 Views)

Ibrahim Abdulkareem: Peter Obi Will Get More Votes From North Than South / We Have Been Sold A Lie. Northerners Are More Passionate About OBI Than South / Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by JuanDeDios: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2022
Simran94:

It’s not racism.
During a war, you don’t expect a country to use up all their resources to protect foreigners while their citizens are perishing behind.
Same applies to you, you would protect your family first before thinking of helping your neighbors or strangers
If black people are prevented from boarding trains that were designated to take refugees and you're a black person and you don't have a problem with that, I don't know what to say to you.

You and Reno would be making a bit of sense If only Ukrainians are evacuated first, followed by all others - Europeans, Africans, Arabs, Asians, etc. Here, Africans are being singled out and prevented from boarding trains and are being asked to provide visa to be admitted into a neighbouring country and you're talking about "resources". I hear. Why not extend the same courtesy to South Africans who are merely protecting their "resources" from Nigerians?

We're not saying they should extend free education to Nigerians or share iPhone for them. We're saying that all HUMAN LIVES should be prioritised in a WAR SITUATION. And you're talking about resources. What is wrong with you people?

6 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by cleod: 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
aboyaji:
To me, there's nothing bad the Ukrainian Government did to Nigerians in Ukraine.

This is unrest and security breach. Priorities must come first.

Why were even Nigerian citizens in Ukraine running away from the chaos?

Why did they not stand by the Ukrainian Government to fight the war coming from Russia?

You do not run away from your house while your enemy attack, you stand and protect your interest.

Ukrainian soldiers are doing the work while the strangers were running away. So, there's no way same treatment can be given to all. It doesn't happen.

Priorities first.

I don't want to talk about the South African menace. They're worse off. Xenophobia is hell.

Exactly my point, You claim to be a citizen and you are running away and expect to be given priority
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by humberjade: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
You have to consider the fact the majority of Ukrainian citizens are in the middle class. Not same for us. Besides, they treat citizens as virtually equals.

The reason why Nigeria would do that is because 80% of our population are living below average standard of living. So by default, the elite will feel "they have a right" of first preference.

I've grown my mind to first see things as a human of equal and in context before seeing the fact of why the other race does certain things, and I notice we create room for bias on our side.

Well, you might be right to a very large extent, but let's put aside the class thing as Nigerians....it still doesn't erase the fact that white foreigners will be evacuated before Nigerians in the middle and lower classes are allowed to leave. Discriminatory treatments at our various airports and factories are typical examples of what to expect during wartime in Nigeria (God forbid)

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2022
JuanDeDios:

If black people are prevented from boarding trains that were designated to take refugees and you're a black person and you don't have a problem with that, I don't know what to say to you.

You and Reno would be making a bit of sense If only Ukrainians are evacuated first, followed by all others - Europeans, Africans, Arabs, Asians, etc. Here, Africans are being singled out and prevented from boarding trains and are being asked to provide visa to be admitted into a neighbouring country and you're talking about "resources". I hear. Why not extend the same courtesy to South Africans who are merely protecting their "resources" from Nigerians?

The train wasn’t for refugees. It was basically a train to transport people from the part of Ukraine that was under fire.
They didn’t allow not just Nigerians but also indians and Ghanaians in because they still had their citizens on the queue. I don’t know where you are getting your reports from but from the video we saw on Aljazeera, the soldiers at the train station asked the Ukrainians on the queue to raise their hands so they could identify and allow them in first before any other set of people.

Also, Indians were later allowed to board the train after they made a call through to the Indian embassy in Ukraine but they said they were not able to reach the Nigerian embassy yet so they couldn’t put them on the train without letting their people know where they are taking them to. I remember a lady shouting to the camera saying that the Nigerian embassy couldn’t be reached so they wouldn’t let them in on the train and that was when some Nigerians started making calls people in Top offices in Nigeria to help them reach the Nigerian embassy. It was all mentioned in the video we watched on Aljazeera.

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by lolu2019: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
humberjade:

Nah! I beg to differ...our mumu authorities would still ensure every white or fairer foreigner gets evacuated first, followed by the rich and influential...then much later the masses. Nigerians might later come first before other African countries, but definitely not before the Whites and Chinese in particular, our authorities worship those folks, they can kill even fellow countrymen to protect them.

But apart from the corrupt and slave angle to it, Nigerians are kinda wired to treat visiting foreigners better than we treat ourselves. Bitter but true!
so true bro
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by lolu2019: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
[quote author=lolu2019 post=110628549][/quote]so true bro
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by humberjade: 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
JuanDeDios:

We're not saying they should extend free education to Nigerians or share iPhone for them. We're saying that all HUMAN LIVES should be prioritised in a WAR SITUATION. And you're talking about resources. What is wrong with you people?

Please ask them o. Head dey pain some people aswear. I have known and heard first hand how Ukrainians see and treat blacks...but when this senseless war started, I forgot all that, and started drumming support for them...until they started pulling this racial stunt with our people. I would have maybe looked the other way if they had atleast allowed our women and children safe passage...but forcefully ejecting that young woman and her ward from that train breaks my heart

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Hannania(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
humberjade:

Well, you might be right to a very large extent, but let's put aside the class thing as Nigerians....it still doesn't erase the fact that white foreigners will be evacuated before Nigerians in the middle and lower classes are allowed to leave. Treatments at our various airports and factories are typical examples of what to expect during wartime in Nigeria (God forbid)
A good reason why to be successful is not an option as a Nigerian, but a Necessity

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Crafteck1: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
PerformOrResign:
Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! - Reno Omokri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWyxCE_P_U

Exactly
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by omoiyamayor(m): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Lots of sense. There’s self hate amongst black race.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Ogurube: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Reno gave a wrong analogy with the Dunkirk situation. Ukraine should allow fleeing Africans to reach the places of refuge where they can be evacuated by their home countries. If Nigeria sends a boat, plane, or bus to Polish borders, just like the Britain did for British soldiers at Dunkirk, then by all means, Nigerian refugees should board first. Besides, isn't Ukraine developed enough to have put logistical contingencies for movement of refugees, in anticipation of the war?

If Nigeria were to be under attack by Cameroon, I bet foreigners would be evacuated with top priority. This shows Africans are always put at the bottom of the totem pole, given the state of dysfunction in the motherland. This impending war should've been seen as a form as ASUU strike or oso ABIOLA; the students should've been notified to head home or get to the nearest port of escape.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by KosiGee(m): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
aboyaji:
To me, there's nothing bad the Ukrainian Government did to Nigerians in Ukraine.

Why did they not stand by the Ukrainian Government to fight the war coming from Russia?

You do not run away from your house while your enemy attack, you stand and protect your interest.

Ukrainian soldiers are doing the work while the strangers were running away. So, there's no way same treatment can be given to all. It doesn't happen.

Priorities first.

I don't want to talk about the South African menace. They're worse off. Xenophobia is hell.

Does the above make any sense to you?

Ukrainian citizens were running away from danger and you expect strangers who contribute to their economy by patronising their education to remain and fight…fight for who? Same Ukrainians that were running away from their country?

Receive sense.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by humberjade: 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
A good reason why to be successful is not an option as a Nigerian, but a Necessity

But everyone can't be successful...and also, there are levels to being successful...being a millionaire of maybe 20m worth doesn't guarantee you will be treated differently from normal folks during wartime.

You have to be super rich and popular for you to get preferential treatment in such times
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by ajl: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
aboyaji:

Priorities first.

If I may ask, which part of your body is your brain located? So, you are saying that foreign students should stay back and fight with Ukraine against Russia. You should first ask if they used to get the same benefits as Ukrainian citizens before the war. Senseless!

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by ajl: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2022
humberjade:

Nah! I beg to differ...our mumu authorities would still ensure every white or fairer foreigner gets evacuated first, followed by the rich and influential...then much later the masses. Nigerians might later come first before other African countries, but definitely not before the Whites and Chinese in particular, our authorities worship those folks, they can kill even fellow countrymen to protect them.

But apart from the corrupt and slave angle to it, Nigerians are kinda wired to treat visiting foreigners better than we treat ourselves. Bitter but true!

Yes, bitter truth. It's happening everyday all over Africa, and most especially Nigeria. A place where security officials would hold umbrella over the head of a foreigner in order to protect him/her from rain.

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by JuanDeDios: 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
Simran94:

The train wasn’t for refugees. It was basically a train to transport people from the part of Ukraine that was under fire.
They didn’t allow not just Nigerians but also indians and Ghanaians in because they still had their citizens on the queue. I don’t know where you are getting your reports from but from the video we saw on Aljazeera, the soldiers at the train station asked the Ukrainians on the queue to raise their hands so they could identify and allow them in first before any other set of people.

Also, Indians were later allowed to board the train after they made a call through to the Indian embassy in Ukraine but they said they were not able to reach the Nigerian embassy yet so they couldn’t put them on the train without letting their people know where they are taking them to. I remember a lady shouting to the camera saying that the Nigerian embassy couldn’t be reached so they wouldn’t let them in on the train and that was when some Nigerians started making calls people in Top offices in Nigeria to help them reach the Nigerian embassy. It was all mentioned in the video we watched on Aljazeera.
Do you know what a refugee/displaced person is? Apparently not. Black folks running away from a fire should be sent back into the fire until some ambassador picks a call? In any case, you're only talking about one instance. There have been plenty that don't involve any embassy.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by humberjade: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
ajl:

Yes, bitter truth. It's happening everyday all over Africa, and most especially Nigeria. A place where security officials would hold umbrella over the head of a foreigner in order to protect him/her from rain.
Exactly
It happens at our local and international airports daily too
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by temielects(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
aboyaji:

Priorities first.

God bless you
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Bahamas95(m): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
Were you there? What evidence do you have. We just use emotions to accept everything. If we must counter the so-called racism, we must have a matured mind to start thinking like humans of equals, and not as a less privileges race.
Oga nothing like emotions here, it's reality. Stop pretending as if you don't know what am talking about. A whiteman will be walking on Nigerian street and people will rush outa their houses and be starring as if he/she fell from heaven. You'll hear "see oyibo, see oyibo". Will they admire a blackman like that in their country?
The Nigerian security personnels which you and I know will rescue a white man first before Nigerians......Even at gunpoint I will still say same thing. Na Nigeria we dey, we know wetin dey sup here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Truthisunique2: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
LordGuru1:
We know there are many Muslims that starts each post like that Monika GoTV guy that says "Even though I'm a Bornagain Christian, bla.. bla.." Their Kiran encouraged them to use Deception to destroy Christianity. If truly you are a Christian So, you are talking "An eye for an eye"?! Is that what JESUS taught you?
Satan has manipulated humans against humans in all Generations, time for Christians to wise up and build bridges Worldwide among fellows!

Racism of Islamic Arabs against African Muslims is 100times worst than Europeans to Africans. Only them have refused slave Trade to die. Right in modern times, Black Africans are literally still sold as Slaves on websites by these Monsters! Yet, you don't see Nigerian Muslims call for the head of Saudi Arabia or Omar because of that. My Muslim friend was literally spat upon in Qatar, right into his face in a public vehicle and he dared not say pim. He called me crying and later permanently converted to Christianity. They manipulated and took over Turkey in our fathers generation. Our own Generation should learn from the past! We must Support Ukraine and ensure that Satanic Putin and his blood-sucking Jihadist supporters don't take over the awesome Christian Country!
Russia is Christian too sha

Putin is Catholic
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Oscillator: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
PerformOrResign:
Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! - Reno Omokri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWyxCE_P_U
true. Lazy indebted Zulus are envious and ill-exposed.

They couldn't even earn their freedom and it shows in their everyday life.

They prefer internet war of words with Nigeria in a Nigerian forum than the harsh economic inequality war killing them in their own country for 400 years now.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by ajl: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
Africans, exterminate that "white saviour" mentality from your brains. Nobody can love you more than yourself. You have all forgotten what it mean to be second-class citizens. And here we are talking of ordinary foreign students. Black for that matter in a Eastern European country. Are you all surprised? You know nothing about this world then.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
Those black South Africans are worst and heartless pieces of sh*t, I won't still forget the cruel things they did to my friend, bunch of xenophobic b*stards.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Rostikol: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
If Nigeria was in war, obviously it's gonna be It's Citizens before others. We fall to the nearest blink to blame everything on racism. It's not

SHUT UP, SLAVE. THEY WERE ALLOWING OTHER EUROPEANS FREE PASSAGE.

This forum is filed with self hating slaves who will probably queue up to suck white dcks if ordered by a group of KKK neo-nazis.

DISGUSTING.

3 Likes

Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by ajl: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
Bahamas95:
Oga nothing like emotions here, it's reality. Stop pretending as if you don't know what am talking about. A whiteman will be walking on Nigerian street and people will rush outa their houses and be starring as if he/she fell from heaven. You'll hear "see oyibo, see oyibo". Will they admire a blackman like that in their country?
The Nigerian security personnels which you and I know will rescue a white man first before Nigerians......Even at gunpoint I will still say same thing. Na Nigeria we dey, we know wetin dey sup here.

Your analogy get "k" leg. Let a black man go to any part of the world, in a non-black country, and in a place where no black person has ever visited before. He or she would get the same stare and finger pointing. People are just curious about what they often don't see every day.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by onenaija001(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
I think since that's the case Nigerians and Africans in general should have been neutral in this conflict between 2 brothers. I saw posts that this conflict affects the world so it has to be given more priorities than Nigeria's, are you trying to tell me that those killed in the north for example are goats or something?
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by Mcowubaba: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
If Nigeria was in war, obviously it's gonna be It's Citizens before others. We fall to the nearest blink to blame everything on racism. It's not

You don't have a clue mate,
You're either ignorant on this case, or a coon/house negro. So Nigerians and non Ukrainian people should be left stranded to die.

You're the apex of inferiority complex.
Your comment was too stupid to ignore. I rarely quote, mention or engage with people here for a few years now, but wow shocked your comment is absurd
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by CSTRR: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hannania:
No it wouldn't.

You are living in a different Nigeria.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by onenaija001(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
ajl:

Your analogy get "k" leg. Let a black man go to any part of the world, in a non-black country, and in a place where no black person has ever visited before. He or she would get the same stare and finger pointing. People are just curious about what they often don't see every day.
But it shouldn't be in a disrespectful manner.
Re: Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did! by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
Majority of those complaining are E- Warriors. Ukrainians are good people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Peter Obi Addresses The Media / Nigerian Medical Association Decorates Senate President Bukola Saraki (Pictures) / Akpabio: I Didn’t Sexually Harass Aniete Ekong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.