Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42588 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
nedekid:

From where did you get this information?
Oh, as told you my CNN, BBC and other msm in the west right? undecided

I can't aqure with anyone.. The bottom line is this his assets has been confiscated.. and the reason is because of his direct link to Putin..
If the British government says he has direct link to Putin.. I don't see any reason why you that is in Nigeria will want to agure with the facts..
You can take the matter to the ICC in you feel he is been treated badly

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
You don get any of the Visas wey you won give another person ?

goodheart01:

U just open mouth dey talk like gutter. How can USA be the romans of those days.

U dey blame US but if I bring American visa and Russian visa u go rush the American visa. Na your type dey sleep for embassy where dem dey beg for interview

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by depure(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
vee22:
It's not safe to invest in England.
simple
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s not safe to invest ill-gained monies in England. People on Nairaland are complaining about Russian assets but funny no one complains when the same England seizes the assets of Nigerian politicians who pilfered public funds.
How wrong can you be? Where in the sanctions text is it stated that those assets were seized because it was sourced from ill gotten wealth? This is clearly theft, but one that would clearly backfire because the bulk of western investments in Russia is far superior. British petroleum alone is worth over $25b, Boeing and airbus have several hundreds aircraft on lease there about to be nationalized. A lot of American and French companies are either invested in the oil, gas or steel sector.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Benpave: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Just to bad for the UK government.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by haffaze777(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
If Dem like make Dem seize the whole epl team,nah to Port to remo united
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by perdollar(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
London WL forever b red. Others WL come n make noise like all noisy neighbors do and r past tense only remembered in d history book
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

You can't be a billionaire in Russia without close ties with the mad man Putin..
And so? Because I'm rich and know Putin you should seize my assests. Is this not theft
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by FireUpNow(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
As long as it won't affe r the players and the staff on anyway. Na Dem sabi
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by sonofElElyon: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by VULCAN(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
If Ukraine was as powerful as Russia, they wouldn't be begging to join NATO as they would be able to handle Russia themselves.

By the way, you are a hypocrite sha. The same UK (with US)invaded Iraq and removed Saddam from power.

Did you call them out then?

US has invaded and/or removed over 20 presidents yet you did not protest.

If that's not hypocrisy, then what is?

frugal:

How ironic. Why does Russia feel they're more important than Ukraine?
Now imagine if Ukraine was just as powerful as Russia, would they have gone ahead with the invasion?

8 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Frankiss44(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
WarriAproko:
This one wont move Abrammovich or Putin. Afterall he handle d club to charity. grin i most name my daughter charity

Everyone is entitled to an option undecided
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by goodheart01: 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
You don get any of the Visas wey you won give another person ? You be Oloriburuku .

My dear. Not everyone one on nairaland is hungry like some of u, and not everyone is less opportuned. At least my family being there is okay for me. All I do is visit them from time to time.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is d best news in centiries so we are not playing chealsea in the second leg..up city ..the league is over chealsea waa our only threat..up pep..automatic 3 points for Southampton this sat..pls uefa should pair us with chelsea in ucl ..this we mean we are already in d semi finals
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by swiych(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
No wonder una nor gree progress after Sir Ferguson
geelite:
thank God coz i wanted that club to die long ago....now, my prayers has been answered by God.....mumu club cool cool cool cool cool cool cool glory glory man united
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Frankiss44(m): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
You don get any of the Visas wey you won give another person ?

grin
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
princeeze1:

How wrong can you be? Where in the sanctions text is it stated that those assets were seized because it was sourced from ill gotten wealth? This is clearly theft, but one that would clearly backfire because the bulk of western investments in Russia is far superior. British petroleum alone is worth over $25b, Boeing and airbus have several hundreds aircraft on lease there about to be nationalized. A lot of American and French companies are either invested in the oil, gas or steel sector.

It’s clear that you are clueless on the subjects of oligarchy and foreign policy/strategies.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Okay

goodheart01:

My dear. Not everyone one on nairaland is hungry like some of u, and not everyone is less opportuned. At least my family being there is okay for me. All I do is visit them from time to time.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nastymods: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
They should go for Putin, just like that? And how exactly? These are the ways they can get Putin to calm down.

The Oligarchs are very close and dear to him. Once they begin to be uncomfortable, Putin will also feel discomfort.

Mumu, how is it gonna affect Putin? Smh
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by WHITELIGHTER: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kayzcarter:
Chai, I know England will find a way to milk him, i can't invest in UK never,
No wonder putin called the west bandits

Then what will you call the actions of Russian armies in Ukraine? Tourists? All is fair in Love and War

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60690362

Irresponsible British government. Is roman abramovich a member of putins government ? If your so concerned, why don't you go and fight the russian armies
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by dallyemmy: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
How would that stop Putin?

Do you want to use his people against him?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by yahwehpickin(m): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Olam09:

Fùck UK government.. i think it's time Chelsea fans got to protest this UK wickedness!

For sure they will
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
They should go for Putin, just like that? And how exactly? These are the ways they can get Putin to calm down.

The Oligarchs are very close and dear to him. Once they begin to be uncomfortable, Putin will also feel discomfort.
Can you explain how the oligarchys are close and dear to putin
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

I can't aqure with anyone.. The bottom line is this his assets has been confiscated.. and the reason is because of his direct link to Putin..
If the British government says he has direct link to Putin.. I don't see any reason why you that is in Nigeria will want to agure with the facts..
You can take the matter to the ICC in you feel he is been treated badly

These Nigerians are complaining more than the guys who had their multi-million dollar yachts and properties seized. Those guys understand what happened better than these people.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=obedience4 post=110912833]

Go agure with the Parliament of great Britain..
The UK house have investigated and found ambramovic to be a close ally to preside Putin..
Ambromovic is into oil and gas.. You have to be close to Moscow to be able to even enter that sectors of Russia economy..
The British pass a law to allow the government take any assets of anyone they feel has a direct link to Putin..
So they are in the Right way of their law[/quote

You don't have any thing to say, just shot up..no evidence shot up. Don't be stupid to the western medias propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Banter1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
obembet:
Agbero club
Happy at someone downfall right? It's a small world be carefully sis.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Oscillator: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!
cheesy grin grin hard to understand when you're a fan

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

And so? Because I'm rich and know Putin you should seize my assests. Is this not theft

Yeah.. The man is into oil and gas.. His money contributes to the Russia economy so he also contributes to the mad man Putin invasion
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by wonseun(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
But why now sad
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=Cptflint post=110913141][/quote]

Go ask Boris Johnson for evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics / Tough Policies: IMF, World Bank Take Over Nigeria’s Economy - TribuneOnline / Victor Umeh Weeps After Seeing Corpse Of His Cousin's Wife During Burial. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.