Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42586 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nastymods:

Mumu, how is it gonna affect Putin? Smh

If everyone in your circle starts having all of their expensive shit taken away, they’ll soon band together against you.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by descartes400: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
The UK government should force the English FA to transfer Chelsea league points to Manchester United, as part of the Sanctions tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by favour32(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
Una heads nor correct wey dey against this matter.
Every billionaire of Russia descent, get ties with Russia government.
So every non violent policy to stop the killings in Ukraine by Russia military is highly welcomed.
These oligarchs are power brokers and hence,
should not be underestimated when it comes to broker a deal of peace.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Kobicove(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
They should go for Putin, just like that? And how exactly? These are the ways they can get Putin to calm down.

The Oligarchs are very close and dear to him. Once they begin to be uncomfortable, Putin will also feel discomfort.

So you think it's fair to attack the business interest of innocent people just because they happen to have a friend who has gone rogue?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Golan007: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
There is no justice in the west .it's all a ruse ..

How?

grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
Those muslims almajiri nigerians supporting this war who are chelsea fans wat will be thier fate now that anybody playing chelsea will get automatic 3 points...i hope they dont get relegated ..them get luck say them don reach 50 points
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by AngelicBeing: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
nairaman66:
British government is setting the tone for recklessness! Government cannot seize assets belonging to an individual because he had relationship with someone else.

Unless the British government can prove Putin directly provided the funds for the purchase of Chelsea.
Is a very stupid move. Coming from people that claim to be the model of democracy.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobicove:

So you think it's fair to attack the business interest of innocent people just because they happen to have a friend who has gone rogue?
innocent putin friends who give putin billion of profit from thier biz to buy ammunition..i nor know how blacks reason at times..any Russia player playing in d epl should be lyned or given a mob action..best mews in the century
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
IgOga:

This is racism....this was how Hitler mobilized Germans against Jews...he told them how Jews are bad....today it is Russians are bad....Russians are evil...very soon they will carve out your group and say you are bad....the sad reality we all face is that Russia will have to fight back at some point and they will do what they do best in History declare hot war....which could be a nuclear Armageddon for the world.....the rich are investing heavily in underground bunkers even as I type

This is one of the most ridiculous things that I’ve read on Nairaland.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

You don't understand the rationale behind this.. The Russia machine is oiled in a way that you have to have close ties to Putin to be able do business in Russia..
Over the years Putin has position people a selected few to key part of Russia economy while also having a personal stake.. Putin has been able to acquire portfolios of investment in the west through these oligarchs..
Provide proof of this claim
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Mccullum: 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
This will surely affect British government in future, many of the billionaires will be learning from this incidents on how to avoid huge investment out of their countries.

They can't get Putin but bullying all Russians around the world is their main target, the aims and objectives of the West is to frustrate the people of Russia, which could trigger riot in all parts of the country against Putin government with failure of understanding that Putin is a movement in Russia.

After exhausting all their sanctioning strategies, they will continue to cry on BBC, CNN, DW and others after unsuccessful economic war against Russia. like that of North Korea, Venezuela and Iran.

I don't know how politics quickly mix up with sport, these Westerners are hypocrite that not worthy to have influence on global affairs in their possession. Chelsea FC now being victim of circumstances because of immorality of IOC, FIFA, UEFA and sports associations that takes side on Ruso-Ukraine war which enhance Western governments to be acting with no cautions.

Chelsea will survive these unjustified intimidations and the owner will comes out victorious.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by dadabashua1(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Putin nairaland fans who happens to also be Chelsea fans,e don de reach una o,any way membership forms for other teams are on sales right now. shocked
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Big men should learn to keep thier money in thier country
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by oilmane(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60690362

I thought they said states should not get involved in the running/operations of even their national team? Why is the UK seizing a private football club? Who will run the club now? Why are they bringing politics into the game of football?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Provide proof of this claim

Go ask Boris Johnson and the UK government..
Go to BBC and read up stop asking me stupid questions..
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mccullum:
This will surely affect British government in future, many of the billionaires will be learning from this incidents on how to avoid huge investment out of their countries.

They can't get Putin but bullying all Russians around the world is their main target, the aims and objectives of the West is to frustrate the people of Russia, which could trigger riot in all parts of the country against Putin government with failure of understanding that Putin is a movement in Russia.

After exhausting all their sanctioning strategies, they will continue to cry on BBC, CNN, DW and others after unsuccessful economic war against Russia. like that of North Korea and Iran.

I don't know how politics quickly mix up with sport, these Westerners are hypocrite that not worthy to have influence on global affairs in their possession. Chelsea FC now being victim of circumstances because of immorality of IOC, FIFA, UEFA and sports associations that takes side on Ruso-Ukraine war which Western government to be acting with no cautions.

Chelsea will survive these unjustified intimidation and the owner will comes out victorious.

Are you really calling the sanctions against North Korea unsuccessful?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Tunar18:
The bastards still depend on Russia oil and are only hoping to stop by the end of 2022 but stopping other people's business because of affiliation with Russia.

The hypocrites would definitely have started a war if there billionaire citizens had been in this shoe in a weaker country like Iraq.
God bless your soul. They need to cut there oil supply immediately . I hate Britain with passion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nastymods: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

If everyone in your circle starts having all of their expensive shit taken away, they’ll soon band together against you.

Dont joke with dictators. This is ah stupid way to ah think. They ah afraid of Putin. Putin can poison them were ever they are
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by ken6488(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
They don't want him to sell Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Is a very stupid move. Coming from people that claim to be the model of democracy.
nor be u dey support russia way since u see nothing wrong with the tyranist Dictator rulling for over 30 years his he d only one in russia..common seize u dey shout democracy good move to me
Abrahimovic should go and buy a club in china..afterall putin is already using chinas uniion express for transfer..after verve and master card left him.moreover china league is one of the best league in d world

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by zickky: 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Parachoko:
This is an unnecessary sanction

My opinion

When the sanction is lifted, will Abramovic still want to sell? Cause am interested in buying o sad

Had same thoughts, what happens after?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nastymods:

Dont joke with dictators. This is ah stupid way to ah think. They ah afraid of Putin. Putin can poison them were ever they are

Afraid of Putin who can’t even fill the gasoline tanks of his WWII era machines? cheesy
The guy can’t even feed his troops.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by pmc01(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
tarantino1:

Abramovich was a key man in Putin's rise to power in 1999. Most of the oligarchs had their oil bloc and other illegal source of wealth taken from them when Putin became President but Abramovich's own was left untouched.

What happened to Abramovich's friend and business partner who later turned against Putin when he discovered the kind of autocratic government he was gunning for?

He was forced at gun point to sign all his shares worth billions to Abramovich and ran to the UK for assylum where their government intercepted and stopped multiple assassination attempts on his life before he was finally found dead in his home back in 2013.

Abramovich money no clean at all.

If his money is not clean, why did the UK turn a blind eye all those times and rather profited from his "unclean money"?

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by yahwehpickin(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Chelsea fans brace yourselves, this is a trying time for us but this will pass soon, as I type men are meeting with the UK government for the sale of the club to go through.

We have many good players on loan, a lot can happen from now till may so there is no need for us to fret.... We will definitely get a very wealthy owner. So this is a blessing in disguise. UK government just shot themselves in the leg.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

You don't understand the rationale behind this.. The Russia machine is oiled in a way that you have to have close ties to Putin to be able do business in Russia..
Over the years Putin has position people a selected few to key part of Russia economy while also having a personal stake.. Putin has been able to acquire portfolios of investment in the west through these oligarchs..
CNN and BBC crew at it again
Una enh!!!!!!!! Whatever CNN tells you you swallow hook, line and sinker.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Afonasa(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
They formally decided to end my Darling team....

I need a girlfriend now
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Josephkabila12: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
goodheart01:

U just open mouth dey talk like gutter. How can USA be the romans of those days.

U dey blame US but if I bring American visa and Russian visa u go rush the American visa. Na your type dey sleep for embassy where dem dey beg for interview
Baba dis one too loud o

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Afonasa:
They formally decided to end my Darling team....

I need a girlfriend now

Who ended a team? Did you even read the article?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Agenda against Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mccullum:

After exhausting all their sanctioning strategies, they will continue to cry on BBC, CNN, DW and others after unsuccessful economic war against Russia. like that of North Korea and Iran.

I don't know how politics quickly mix up with sport, these Westerners are hypocrite that not worthy to have influence on global affairs in their possession. Chelsea FC now being victim of circumstances because of immorality of IOC, FIFA, UEFA and sports associations that takes side on Ruso-Ukraine war which enhance Western governments to be acting with no cautions.

Chelsea will survive these unjustified intimidations and the owner will comes out victorious.
yeah let the sanctions keep coming i stand with Russia but this closure of chelsea is the best seizure since over 40 years.as i dey type now i don even get erection self
.sekem...sekem
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Enemyofpeace: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
This beautiful sad news sweet my belle die, it’s really giving me a hard on because it has to do with Chelsea. In case you don’t know, I’m a Manchester United fan and bad belle is my middle name grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Reacts To Kaduna Massacre From EFCC Custody / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / Atiku Abubakar Kneels Down To Greet Ibrahim Babangida (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.