Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42577 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Kajaard: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
I hate the West with passion.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Cantonese: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
No wonder he quickly tried to sell the club. Putin making his allies suffer.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Enemyofpeace: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Agenda against Chelsea
I like am grin
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Agenda against Chelsea
yes o..any thing that will bring down the agbero club is welcomed by all nigerians..city second leg with chelsea should be an suromatic 3 points..then i pray we get paired with chelsea in the ucl..pep is already in the semi finals if this happens..sekem
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Are you really calling the sanctions against North Korea unsuccessful?
It's unsuccessful given it failed to stop NK from significantly advancing it's nuclear program.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
WarriAproko:
Make Russia stop to provide gas give all this bandits country make we check something.
Honestly, if Russia and Venezuela can agree and deny these fools oil and gas for just one month. There government will be overthrown in there various countries and people who are actually interested in bettering there life will take over

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
CNN and BBC crew at it again
Una enh!!!!!!!! Whatever CNN tells you you swallow hook, line and sinker.

Take the British government to court freedom fighter Go and unfreeze his assets....
Please oga please since you have the most unbiased news sources.. Please which station do you watch?
I want to know

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Mccullum: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Are you really calling the sanctions against North Korea unsuccessful?

Yes it is, the major target of the sanction is to halt North Korea continuity of nuclear acquisition, after series of their sanctions, NK made hypersonic ICBM which mainland of US is within its range in 2020.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. Amen
grin grin i wish this could happen but it so sad that it can't happen.

U have to be powerful scientifically and Gun wise!

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
It's unsuccessful given it failed to stop NK from significantly advancing it's nuclear program.

But successful because the country is in the middle of a severe famine with children and adults dying of starvation daily.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bigchristo: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
bukkysam:
Buy and be happy

Size: 43

Check my signature for my whatsapp number
send me your WhatsApp number.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by HallaDaTruth: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
CURSED BE THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
If anyone thinks the UK is a saint, you are mistaken. Bunch of idiots. And they won’t sanction African leaders that stashed billions of pounds in their country. All because of politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by kelvindj98: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. Amen

No one gives a damn abt u monkey.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Cantonese: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
There is no justice in the west .it's all a ruse ..

Sorry bro, but Putin’s wickedness must get its due response.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Dazall: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is an eye opener to every person out there looking to make investment outside their own country, I don't think any right thinking billionaire will want to invest in England and the west in general. It will be very difficult for Chelsea football club to be sold as no billionaire will want to put their money in a country where double standards is the order of the day.

The British government has been after Roman Abramovich since 2018 and even refused to renew his visa application which made Roman to cancel his plans of renovating Stamford Bridge.

This Russia Ukraine war is just an opportunity for the British government to finally get their hands on him, which is very sad.

I just hope this doesn't impact my beloved club as this could actually make any club crumble.

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by HallaDaTruth: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

But successful because the country is in the middle of a severe famine with children and adults dying of starvation daily.

And you know all this fact because you have travelled and lived there or you heard it from western lying media ?

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Okpara10: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Supported �
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by olatade(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
So unfair! I thought the west protected ownership rights. Russia /Ukraine is political. We had invasions into Iraq, Wars in Syria, Palestine etc. We never saw this level of sanctions. And for football to be dragged into this mess. What happens if Iraq syndrome happens? Situation where they invaded due to WMD and found none and had to apologise.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
goodheart01:

U just open mouth dey talk like gutter. How can USA be the romans of those days.

U dey blame US but if I bring American visa and Russian visa u go rush the American visa. Na your type dey sleep for embassy where dem dey beg for interview
My friend get out with this your mumu visa analogy. Dey talk like illiterate. The problem here has always been how America government conducts themselves outside there shores. How they treat other countries. It is nothing shot of abysmal and criminal

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mccullum:

Yes it is, the major target of the sanction is to halt North Korea continuity of nuclear acquisition, after series of their sanctions, NK made hypersonic ICBM which mainland of US is within its range in 2020.

Okay they’ve made advances with weapons but the leader is admitting to the presence of a famine. I’d say that the sanctions are working very well.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/06/17/kim-jong-un-acknowledges-food-crisis-north-korea

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/12/north-koreas-leader-warns-famine
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Honestly, if Russia and Venezuela can agree and deny these fools oil and gas for just one month. There government will be overthrown in there various countries and people who are actually interested in bettering there life will take over
The UAE and Saudi have ignored them already
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
tamdun:

Only when it suits them, imagine seizing someone's business because the president of his country started a war?
It beats my imagination that stuff like this still happening in the 21st century. And this is a society acclaimed to be civilized. The bad part is you don't get to see BBC correspondents asking critical questions of the british government about thier actions. You won't see Cristiana Armanpo question The british prime minister about this
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Enemyofpeace: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
yahwehpickin:
Chelsea fans brace yourselves, this is a trying time for us but this will pass soon, as I type men are meeting with the UK government for the sale of the club to go through.

We have many good players on loan, a lot can happen from now till may so there is no need for us to fret.... We will definitely get a very wealthy owner. So this is a blessing in disguise. UK government just shot themselves in the leg.
Yinmu!
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
HallaDaTruth:

And you know all this fact because you have travelled and lived there or you heard it from western lying media ?

Well, for one, the president of NK confirmed it multiple times.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/06/17/kim-jong-un-acknowledges-food-crisis-north-korea

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/12/north-koreas-leader-warns-famine
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Elidrisy20: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Uk & u.s.a are barawo,naso dem dey thief ppl assets
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Afonasa(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Who ended a team? Did you even read the article?

Bro that's how great teams start going down,if care us not taken....

And my love will just die

So I need another distraction ahead ahead
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bigchristo: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
edoman2016:
Very unfair sanction. How can UK govt sanction Chelsea fc from selling match day tickets, player transfers sale and club merchandise at Chelsea stores. Did they want to ruin Chelsea fc?

How will the club generate revenue now? UK govt has always been thief.
The invasion is exposing their criminal minds, even the German government threatened to seize a yacht belonging to one Russia Billionaire, the west is exposing their hypocrisy and criminality towards foreigners this isn’t just about Russia invading Ukraine, other nationals like those Arab billionaires that is investing and buying British club should learn from this and stop investing their money in the UK and other European countries they’re just criminals

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

That is what you are told by western govt. Have you asked ursef if maybe what you are told isn't true
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by dadabashua1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
When they call a nation a world power it's because of a lot of reasons, no be by parading nuks alone.nuclear weapons alone can NEVER make a nation a world power in our modern era,know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
ademola721gmai:
If anyone thinks the UK is a saint, you are mistaken. Bunch of idiots. And they won’t sanction African leaders that stashed billions of pounds in their country. All because of politics

nigeria govt did not kill toldler and babies yesterday wait till buhari does so and watch the fall of tinubu..ambrahimovics makes money from cheleea and hands over all the money to putin for amunition..infact they are child hood friends there is even a video where ambrahimivic was telling putin he cant be butiny ammunitions for him and he is not testing it..ambrahimovic monies are for amunition that y he keeps wearing one shirt and one trouser upon all his money
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by simplesearch: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Cptflint:

This is what happens when you invest in a country hostile to your country.

Arab countries should learn a lesson.. withdraw your investment from Europe

That's where they make the real money cos the PPP is high, so they can't!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics / Jonathan Campaigns In Rivers, As The People Troop Out En Mass / Bianca Ojukwu Marks Her 20th Traditional Marriage Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.