Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42576 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by tarantino1: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
pmc01:

If his money is not clean, why did the UK turn a blind eye all those times and rather profited from his "unclean money"?

Same way our money was looted there and they turned a blind eye to it as well. No one said the UK was innocent.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by nairaman66(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
tarantino1:

Abramovich was a key man in Putin's rise to power in 1999. Most of the oligarchs had their oil bloc and other illegal source of wealth taken from them when Putin became President but Abramovich's own was left untouched.

What happened to Abramovich's friend and business partner who later turned against Putin when he discovered the kind of autocratic government he was gunning for?

He was forced at gun point to sign all his shares worth billions to Abramovich and ran to the UK for assylum where their government intercepted and stopped multiple assassination attempts on his life before he was finally found dead in his home back in 2013.

Abramovich money no clean at all.

My brother! Speak about matters that you can fully grasp. This your story is myopic and lack a single truth.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s clear that you are clueless on the subjects of oligarchy and foreign policy/strategies.
Can you educate us on this
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by goodheart01: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

My friend get out with this your mumu visa analogy. Dey talk like illiterate. The problem here has always been how America government conducts themselves outside there shores. How they treat other countries. It is nothing shot of abysmal and criminal

Animal, my comment wasn’t in anyway directed at u. I used that analogy because of hypocrites like u who would come to the internet to scream the heavens down as if America is from the devil yet they want to be there. They support Putin but won’t like to visit Eastern Europe. America isn’t a saint, but I will always choose my poison wisely

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Alamkir: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
There is no justice in the west .it's all a ruse ..

I swear, I don't get it, he is an individual, who hustle to aquire those business. Why seize it because the president of his Country made a bad decision. I have Said it, I can hustle and make my money in the west but my business will be in my country

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
I refuse to take side on the ongoing chaos, but you're foolish for this line of your statement. I don't want to know who you are.
You're foolish I repeat once again.
This is the same line the myopic west always quote to remove leaders of countries whose people have no problem with anyone ruling them till eternity; Libya, Syria, Iraq etc
Not everyone fancy your stupid democrazy!

osazsky:
nor be u dey support russia way since u see nothing wrong with the tyranist Dictator rulling for over 30 years his he d only one in russia...common seize u dey shout democracy good move to me
Abrahimovic should go and buy a club in china..afterall putin is already using chinas uniion express for transfer..after verve and master card left him.moreover china league is one of the best league in d world

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Can you educate us on this

I’m a lawyer not a lecturer. Fortunately, the Internet has a wealth of information waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by goodheart01: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Josephkabila12:
Baba dis one too loud o

Lol.. okay make I reduce the volume
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

Take the British government to court freedom fighter Go and unfreeze his assets....
Please oga please since you have the most unbiased news sources.. Please which station do you watch?
I want to know
Roman Abrahamovic already stated that to him Chelsea wasn't just business. Dude even wrote off chelsea's debts running into billions something no british owner can ever do. He even said he was going to hand over the proceed of sale to charities.
One thing have learned about life is, someone who God has raised no human actions can bring him down

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Munamoqel: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60690362

Russia should also sieze BP investment in Russia is around 20 bn pounds and also refuse to pay the 14 pounds loans invested in the north stream 2 pipe line .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
tamdun:

Only when it suits them, imagine seizing someone's business because the president of his country started a war?
Oligarchs
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Leebeedo(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
tamdun:

Only when it suits them, imagine seizing someone's business because the president of his country started a war?

But there is justice when he is an ally to an individual bombing children's hospital? I don't know why you people cannot reason without sentiments.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by maticar: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!
you need to educate yourself more on how it goes

no sentiments here
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

Yeah.. The man is into oil and gas.. His money contributes to the Russia economy so he also contributes to the mad man Putin invasion
So if Buhari annoys these superpowers,it's very okay for them to seize all your wealth?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bigchristo: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60690362

As a Nigeria you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite their atrocities committed against mankind right from the beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
favour32:
Una heads nor correct wey dey against this matter.
Every billionaire of Russia descent, get ties with Russia government.
So every non violent policy to stop the killings in Ukraine by Russia military is highly welcomed.
These oligarchs are power brokers and hence,
should not be underestimated when it comes to broker a deal of peace.
You might not know, this fight for Russia, is a fight for survival of there state. Survival of there people and continous existence of Russia. This to them, supercedes any stupid sanctions the very corrupt, hypocritical, self serving western leaders are dishing out

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nastymods: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Afraid of Putin who can’t even fill the gasoline tanks of his WWII era machines? cheesy
The guy can’t even feed his troops.

Ya sound like ah stoog
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Enemyofpeace: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Vickyrotex, fatymore, funkebabee, lalasticlala, folake4u ,mynd44 and mommy bola146 please come let’s dance and drink to this sharing news. It sweets my belle well well.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by onyxo76(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
yet when USA was invading Iraq and those other nations, nobody banned their NBA, MLS, etc teams from competitions, so much for fairness.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by ufotunang: 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ok and who will pay the players salaries...is it the UK government that will pay their salaries and staffs salaries....
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by ArewaNorth: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
UncleEmmy12:
This is pure jealousy and this is what Putin is fighting for , how can a few nation try to control the entire world,they go to other countries and even kill their leaders

Is wonder the rules these hypocrites live with, G. Bush and Tony Blair should have been sentenced to death by now if the world isn't selective in war crime. UK and US Govts killed millions of Iraq people and went away with it.
Aftermath of this war will be reset a lot of things in the world order.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
osazsky:
innocent putin friends who give putin billion of profit from thier biz to buy ammunition..i nor know how blacks reason at times..any Russia player playing in d epl should be lyned or given a mob action..best mews in the century
Oga you are the fool here. Can you prove that abramovich funded Russia millitary activity in ukraine

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by neuf(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. Amen

because all your problems in this world is the USA.
On a post about UK government sanctions you're still wailing about the US.

For country that was colonised like Nigeria, to rise up, fought for her independence unlike us. Fought the ones that helped them and later tried subdued them and came out the other side as Leader of the Free world.
that's something to be admired and learned but nope, hate can't allow that

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
SIBF:
I refuse to take side on the ongoing chaos, but you're foolish for this line of your statement. I don't want to know who you are.
You're foolish I repeat once again.
This is the same line the myopic west always quote to remove leaders of countries whose people have no problem with anyone ruling them till eternity; Libya, Syria, Iraq etc
Not everyone fancy your stupid democrazy!

oga dont shout democracy in England if russia is not practising democracy i dont see any reason y america and england should practise democracy..who democracy help..all other countries should seize all russia related properties..i stand with undemocracy in england this is d best news in over 200 years seizure of chelsea

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Roman Abrahamovic already stated that to him Chelsea wasn't just business. Dude even wrote off chelsea's debts running into billions something no british owner can ever do. He even said he was going to hand over the proceed of sale to charities.
One thing have learned about life is, someone who God has raised no human actions can bring him down

Take your sentiment to the Ukraine people been killed

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by jimtemi1: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is sad to the football communities.Am a Utd fan but I don't support this because it will kill the players morale
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nastymods:

Ya sound like ah stoog

And you think like one.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
kpele..eya doh...
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by neuf(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
UncleEmmy12:
This is pure jealousy and this is what Putin is fighting for , how can a few nation try to control the entire world,they go to other countries and even kill their leaders

Putin is trying to fight for what exactly? The way you guys talk ehn.
Trying to fight "the western powers" yet he's killing his "brothers"?

Not surprising, same analogy when terrorists blow up their fellow citizens and claim they are fighting the "invaders".

Make no sense from any perspective

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by osazsky(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
And e don quick me carry chelsea straight win againt Norwich for my ticket..
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by OmoOshodi(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
Chelsea fans may want to support the Russian invasion after this act by the UK government....leave football alone...its a game that preach peace.

Putin should just send @ nuclear bomb to Ukraine jooor....london precisely I want my wicked step mother to be nuked grin

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

So if Buhari annoys these superpowers,it's very okay for them to seize all your wealth?

To annoys someone is different . Invading a sovereign nations and displacing millions and causing suffering and deaths is another

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics / Photos Of Shekarau's Triumphant Entry To Kano After His Appointment As The Hon. / Jonathan Campaigns In Rivers, As The People Troop Out En Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.