Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience (24467 Views)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Genotype Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by emeraldlife: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
creepsyme:

Good to know!
Iam also AA with AB+ blood type!

I don see AA o

Nor need to search again.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by NaBanga: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
If you can pay for IVF, you don't need to worry about genotype. The IVF physician can do genetic testing on the embryos before implanting them in your wife's uterus. You can completely avoid any offspring with SS.

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by crossbreedwears(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Try to change the way you think. I rest my case
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

OGA waiting I do u Naaa!

No be ONLY me comment 4 DIS MATTERZ Na!

we PLENTY 4 here...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by jamess32: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
this genotype issue cost me my 3 years relationship, initially considering moving on but pain of having ss child is much

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by abikason(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
AA
O+
NIN
MTN
GTBANK
6FT2

Na only money remain grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by heykims(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
sp2002:
Bro. It is not easy o. I be AS and my wife is sane too. Our last child happens to be SS and honestly it hasn't be easy o. Both the child and we d parents going through lot of stress
U and ur wife should feel guilty for what that innocent kid is going through. Unfortunately, the child will still be the one that'll go through the painful and hemolytic crisis.
It isn't really fair on these children suffering from their parents selfishness and stupidness.
It really pains me because I work in Haematology dept and I have firsthand knowledge what sickle cell disease people go through.

4 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Welt100(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
Buh God shaaa

Adamumd:
Being AS has shattered my dream of being with one or two persons i so much love and they loved me back.

I'm at the age/stage i so much want a serious relationship that will lead to settling down and my kind of woman is hard to find, recently met a woman who has everything i want only for me to find out she's AS while am also AS.

Is there a way out please? Does this genotype thing change?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Cutehector(m): 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
heykims:

U and ur wife should feel guilty for what that innocent kid is going through. Unfortunately, the child will still be the one that'll go through the painful and hemolytic crisis.
It isn't really fair on these children suffering from their parents selfishness and stupidness.
It really pains me because I work in Haematology dept and I have firsthand knowledge what sickle cell disease people go through.
how much does it cost to do an IVF genetic screening presently?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by heykims(m): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
seyiojomu:
Yea, there is.

If your concern is about conception, there is a number of medical solutions you can explore ;

- IVF with preimplantation genetic testing.
- adoption.

See the way u just mentioned IVF with genetic testing.
Something that cost at least 3 million naira and success not even 100% guaranteed.

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
She cried for a whole week and I cried too. The love us just too much. Now I am left with moving from one girls to another because of deceit from the part if girls. Being an AS is very bad but we can't kill ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by heykims(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
olusma23:
Do our parent know their genotype before they married?

Do all these stack illiterate out there even know what they call genotype?

Scientifically, there is 50% chances of giving birth to SS if AS and AS married. But does that come in reality considering the fact majority of Nigeria population doesn't know their genotype not even to mention people from the Northern part of the country.

I understand the implications of the genotype stuff but those questions keep coming when I hear relationship and genotype wahala.
Bro, talk is cheap o. If u have just one SS child in the family, the family will regret and even other children will suffer for it. I doubt u will understand it anyway because u have never been in that shoe.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Edipet(m): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
olusma23:
Do our parent know their genotype before they married?

Do all these stack illiterate out there even know what they call genotype?

Scientifically, there is 50% chances of giving birth to SS if AS and AS married. But does that come in reality considering the fact majority of Nigeria population doesn't know their genotype not even to mention people from the Northern part of the country.

I understand the implications of the genotype stuff but those questions keep coming when I hear relationship and genotype wahala.
i do ask myself this same question. But the answer my instinct reply me would be a question.
Why do some children of most illiterate die early. And my dad used to tell me that back then in their days children or people used to die anyhow,. A mother will give birth to 8 children all will died or only 4 out of the 8 would remain

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Joyson: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
As I dey so ehh, i no even know wetin bi my genotype
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by folake4u(f): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Had to end things with someone when I discovered he was AS.
It was really painful but I CANNOT risk it.

Moving forward, when I go out on dates, I subtly ask the genotype question.

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
NaBanga:
If you can pay for IVF, you don't need to worry about genotype. The IVF physician can do genetic testing on the embryos before implanting them in your wife's uterus. You can completely avoid any offspring with SS.
How much does it cost?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
Funny enough those yeye girls will start using it against you when you know you are AS and they are AAA
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by RedEnergy: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
As an AA, I run away from AS or SS women. Don't want to contaminate my bloodline with the S-globin. We are all AA in my family and I intend to keep it that way for the next generation. So, no hard feelings but i only do AA, thank you!

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by bigsecsyde(m): 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
This is so wrong please. AS parents can have all their children as AA, They may have all as AS and all as SS. There's no way to determine if it's the first, second or third child that will be SS. It's a permutation that no one knows the answer, the first born can be SS and the next 10 Children may all be AA, same way you might have 10children and all will be SS
Olam09:

Have one child.. simple as abc.. do the calculations yourself as you were been taught in school during biology class.. you'll see second child produces ss child for AS parents.

7 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by MichaelUweh(m): 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Represent AA+
Bahamas95:
I got no problem with mine.

#TeamAA
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by braine(m): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
I'm AC, so I can only do AA.

Slim, working class single AA ladies, please DM o. Age of 26 max. Thanks kiss
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by olammy161: 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Is it your teacher that failed to teach you or it was you that didn't teach yourself

Have one child.. simple as abc.. do the calculations yourself as you were been taught in school during biology class.. you'll see second child produces ss child for AS parents.[/quote]
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Ladycewhy(f): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
This thread is for AS and SS.

Though I witnessed the death of two sickle cell patients ad different times during my childhood days. It's something I will not wish for a parent .

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ovanny15(f): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
I have lost four loving guys������
It now makes me to be the first to ask a guy his genotype status which may sound improper to some people.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
I'm AA grin
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by juniorstar(m): 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
Never bothered about these
Cos am
Genotype AA
Blood group O+ve
RVS -ve
HbSAg -ve
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by heykims(m): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Cutehector:
how much does it cost to do an IVF genetic screening presently?
I don't know specifically but should cost nothing less than 3 million.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Edipet(m): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
abikason:
AA
O+
NIN
MTN
GTBANK
6FT2

Na only money remain grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Claire104: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
I'm AS and my husband used to be AA so we thought.. our 2yr old became sick last month and we had to do genotype and we discovered that he is SS. We have 2 kids already and we decided to genotype for everyone again...
I'm AS,my husband is AS, first child is SS and second child is AS.
Try and do your genotype in different places o before you get married.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
E choke
Claire104:
I'm AS and my husband used to be AA so we thought.. our 2yr old became sick last month and we had to do genotype and we discovered that he is SS. We have 2 kids already and we decided to genotype for everyone again...
I'm AS,my husband is AS, first child is SS and second child is AS.
Try and do your genotype in different places o before you get married.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Cutehector(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
heykims:

I don't know specifically but should cost nothing less than 3 million.
shocked
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by bosschinalu(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
Please Nlanders, Can AC and AS give birth to SS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Launches Floating Clinic Boat For Emergency, Medical Outreach Services / Fem Tight, A Medicated Soap For Loose And Wide Punnany, How True? / What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.