Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience (24468 Views)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Genotype Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
akinade28:
Op, I have been in this kind of scenerio twice now, though I never dated them but I really liked them. The first one happened 6 years ago, we are both not married till now. He will tell me " why are all the good girls I meet AS, and the crazy ones are AA?. AA girls have broken his heart several times.
This choice of marriage partner can be hard for some people. Those that got compatible spouses ( medical, physical, behavioral, spiritual, mental) easily don't know how lucky they are.
Imagine someone on this thread saying that he doesn't want to marry an AS, because they are all AA in his family and he wants to keep his family bloodline, as if AS individual chose the sickle cell genes. What a sickening mentality!
Honestly most AA girls will show you peper when they know you are AS as a guy
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Kaytex: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
I am as and my spouse as. We took the step with a determination not to have kids with sickle cell disease and God did it. We are eight years in Marriage with a boy and a girl, AA, AS. That is a full stop but looking back now I will not advice anyone to try it but if you wanna try it then do that with a resolve to not birth an SS. But each time I remenber deadly diseases like Corona, Ebola that claims both healthy and unhealthy and I remenber any couple can birth a deformed child or conjoined twins then I resolve that where there is a will, there will always be a way to end nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by bong4(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Adamumd:
Being AS has shattered my dream of being with one or two persons i so much love and they loved me back.

I'm at the age/stage i so much want a serious relationship that will lead to settling down and my kind of woman is hard to find, recently met a woman who has everything i want only for me to find out she's AS while am also AS.

Is there a way out please? Does this genotype thing change?

Prayerfully search for a genotype compatible partner. The fear, stress and anxiety of having potential SS kids isn't worth it. Probability may not favour you. God is gradually sieving your future partner for you.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Emdebby2: 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
AS plus AS is not a good combination. You will suffer for it in the future.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by bong4(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2022
OCHKESTINE:
My parents are both AS. Married in the 70s.
They had 10 kids, fortunately I happen to be the only AA genotype among all 10.

Lost 6 to crisis that comes with being SS genotype.
Have three SS genotype remaining.

I have watched 6 of my siblings die. Please don't do that to any of ur kids.

Whenever I receive a call from home, I anticipate getting the news that something bad has happened.

My entire life has been like that. Always get calls to rush down to the hospital or come take one to the hospital.

I buy suppliments now and then for all of them just to see how to improve their health.

My eldest sister tho is over 40 years, she is the strongest person I know on earth despite being a chronic sickle cell patient.

Sorry about this. I believe the OP can read deeply and think of the future of his/her kids.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by funkmrflexx(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
I just got married and both me and my wife are both AS. We plan on doing pre genetic testing or IVF. I already contacted Nordica Clinic for the whole procedure. So If you have the money to do IVF and genetic testing. You can go ahead and marry. Being AS shouldn't deprive you from happiness

5 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
funkmrflexx:
I just got married and both me and my wife are both AS. We plan on doing pre genetic testing or IVF. I already contacted Nordica Clinic for the whole procedure. So If you have the money to do IVF and genetic testing. You can go ahead and marry. Being AS shouldn't deprive you from happiness
U get mind o

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
ubee:
The incompetence of any lab that would give someone a wrong genotype result is one that shouldn't go unpunished.
In top standard societies where the law courts are well run and credible you can lay claims for damages against them if you are willing to make them pay.
... But offcourse. This Nigeria where everybody goes Scot free in almost every wrong done.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jayzx: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
My girl was even begging we marry that she would bear any consequences that may come about after but I just have to cut the relationship. I don't like stress in my life

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
NaBanga:

I do not know how much it cost in Nigeria, as I am not there at this time. Try contacting Nordica Fertility Center in Lagos.
Is the procedure available in Nigeria?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ModelLook(m): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
Man is AS
Woman is AS

They said they must marry by force. They said they love each other.

They now married. They gave birth. First child is SICKLE CELL (SS) confirmed.

Woman saw me online and called me saying she saw my story of how I helped some Sickle Cell Patients get healed completely and are now AA.

She started story that shows she is already tired of the so called marriage and feels like running away.

She started story of how they did a neonatal genotype test in the womb and they confirmed fetus as AS.

They were happy.

She gave birth happily.

Some months later, baby started feeling down.

Tests revealed baby was SICKLE CELL (SS).

Neonatal Genotype Test gone WRONG!!!

Every day, na so so CRISES, SICKNESSES.

She called me.

I told her my life stories of those I have helped.

I sent her their life testimonies aswell.

Mama believe. Papa disbelieve. Do I care? Capital NO!!!

Mama say make I help them. She don dey miserable in life.

Na so I start treatment o.

As I dey treat am.

Pikin wey him urine color na complete brown since Dem born am, the urine turn WHITE.

Pikin wey European doctor talk say make e only chop Amala ati white soup for the rest of him life and that if the child eats all these foods, the child will enter crises and sicknesses.

As I begin treatment, I tell them Make Dem give the pikin all the FOODS for this world.

The child began to eat everything, nothing happened atall. Doctor shock. Till date NO CRISES atall. Pikin dey fine.

The child who has always had YELLOW Eyes or GREEN eyes now has a COMPLETE WHITE EYE COLORS.

The child started becoming FAT everyday.

All their neighbors and rich friends who always laugh at them because of their SS child started celebrating what God was doing in their life.

Papa wey no believe, com believe by force. Infact, he started making payment for treatment early enough sef. Me sef, I shock.

Everyday, mama go dey post happy post on top her Whatsapp status.

For the first time, mama post her fat pikin for status make everybody see.

Na so Mama and Papa just dey happy everyday. Dem go dey carry the pikin go everywhere dey show the pikin off to people.

Everyday na so so different restaurant and fine fine places.

I happy for them.

One-day, my spirit told me that this woman will spoil the treatment I'm administering on their child.

That's was how mama carry pikin go swimming pool. She come pay swimming instructor make dem teach 2yr old child how to swim. As per rich pikin now.

Na so child enter cold water.

That's was the end.

Na so mama use oyinbo style spoil treatment of two months wey I don do.

Treatment wey suppose last one year.

Na so i wash hand comot for their family biko.

Mama wey no get brain.

Pikin wey never swim talkless of bath with cold water before na so u carry am enter swimming pool becos of wetin? Ur rich friends? Over excitement? I no still understand till today.

Dem call me tire, I no dey pick. Dem shock.

I vex for them wella. Abi Dem won kill the pikin ni?

Treatment wey I dey do for 12 months, na just 3 months una don carry pikin put inside public cold water.

Which kind over excitement be this?

I delete their number.

Mama and papa carry pikin go do test for European hospital, Dem shock at results of the three months treatment wey I do.

Na so AS Papa and AS mama com send me this Whatsapp message below.

*Right now, I don comot hand for anything wey concern AS Papa and AS mama matter wey born SS pikin. Make una settle urself biko*

Ignore any typos and mix of pidgin and English. Na so e dey do me wen I dey vex.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Favmil101(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
Well I'm AA with AB+ blood type. It's necessary that people know their genotypes and blood groups inorder to avoid "stories that touch".
wow just like mine
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by worldclass68(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
Genotype: AA
Blood group : B+

Any AS woman won marry me go dey pay salary cool cool

Unah think say hin easy undecided
Nowadays wey everything don cost...

Nah SS/CS I go like marry, I do pity them chai....
My secondary sch class teacher was one, she passed away before i finished sch school..
RIP miss Oderinlo.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by realray(m): 5:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
well don't give up Bro, u should be happy cos is not that bad and also I will use myself as example because am a full blown sickle cell but what will I do, I don't have a girlfriend is not that am not suppose to cos considering my age am not a kid but hey!, I don't let my guard down and also am grateful to God cos av been through a lot but all the same Bro be patient URS will come trust me.....

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ubee(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Yeah sis, but it seems you used to ask about the genotype on the first date. grin I think asking on the first date might sound awkward.
I usually used to drop the question after two or three dates.
The couple by then would be very open and comfortable with each other.
folake4u:

I quite understand your point clearly and I know the implications of having SS children.

About the "subtle" asking, some people find it offensive when you ask them about their genotype. I don't know why. But I've seen it play out a couple of times.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ubee(m): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
You are not making sense. What has your so called pre genetic test got to do with your probability to get SS children?

Does the test change your genotype? Smh
funkmrflexx:

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Nmezor(f): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
botanist123:
AA and O positive
Same here
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by funkmrflexx(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
ubee:
You are not making sense. What has your so called pre genetic test got to do with your probability to get SS children?

Does the test change your genotype? Smh

It will help you know if your kid will be SS or not.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by caracas: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin grin
Bahamas95:
I got no problem with mine.

#TeamAA
How are you enjoying your frequent malaria fever?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by caracas: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
I am As n am very happy with it
I don’t understand how ppl make AA carriers look special , like I just don’t get , apart from marriage what else ? AA carriers are prone to fever…..
In my place of work the AA carriers are usually considered as lazy n unproductive cos of their propensity to fall sick
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
feldido:

I don't accept blood transfusion anyway. My point here is that having a - rh makes it easy to marry anyone without fear of complications
Nope you're wrong. That only holds true for males, for a female rh-D -ve, she'd always need the Rhogem injection during pregnancy/childbirth.

About you not accepting transfusions, I'm guessing you're a JW.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by folake4u(f): 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
ubee:
Yeah sis, but it seems you used to ask about the genotype on the first date. grin I think asking on the first date might sound awkward.
I usually used to drop the question after two or three dates.
The couple by then would be very open and comfortable with each other.

Well, what's the essence of dates if it's not to familiarise ourselves with information. cheesy

True, I dey subtly ask on first dates, among other questions oh, whether make I rest or proceed. grin
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Bahamas95(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
caracas:
grin grin
How are you enjoying your frequent malaria fever?
Malaria fever as how? undecided

I can't remember the last time I fell sick.

Are you trying to say those with AA genotype fall sick often or what? Because I don't understand this your question.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by OluGideon: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by seyiojomu(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
And because it costs that much to you, you feel he can't afford it?

Nothing on earth is also 100% guaranteed.

Do your fact check by the way, the success rate surpasses the failures ever recorded by a significant great margin.

heykims:

See the way u just mentioned IVF with genetic testing.
Something that cost at least 3 million naira and success not even 100% guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ubee(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ehen i was going somewhere with that question. And here goes my main important question.

So if you discover that the foetus in the womb is SS what will you and your wife do? Kill the foetus abi? So you and your wife will just be killing a succession of babies in the womb if the test shows they are SS abi?
I'm sure you now realise why I'm pissed off?
funkmrflexx:

It will help you know if your kid will be SS or not.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Munzy14(m): 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Trust me, I had a lot as a bachelor.

We all know my type is rare;

Being an AA, O+, HIV-, cute-faced, smart brained, big preek, sweet-tongued, comfortable pursed, relatively fulfilled weirdo with a dual-nationality, I was the object of many ladies' cravings as they considered me the true epitome of the term 'husband material'.

NwaAmaikpe had to device a plan to avoid being trapped by those thirsty broads.
I'd date mostly A.S genotyped girls, and when they start getting comfortable, I'd tell them I was A.S all the while but was scared to tell them out of fear I'd lose them.
Depending on the temperament of the lady, I could say I just found out the previous day.

The same mumu girls will be the ones counselling me on how the future of our relationship was bleak for the sake of our kids.

I'd grudgingly accept their verdict that we couldn't get married but that didn't stop the kpekus from being served, Some even after their marriages because I was their soulmate, while their husband was just a partner.

I happened to see one many many years ago with her toddler at a busstop waiting for a ride, I picked them up and while introducing me to her son, she said. "that could have been your daddy but fate said no", I nodded.

If only the mumu knew.
Lmaoooo...the comedian in chief... grin
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Oghenerobo2002(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
There's a way out
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Lewisdinho(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
So why the boast?dual-nationality
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Trust me, I had a lot as a bachelor.

We all know my type is rare;

Being an AA, O+, HIV-, cute-faced, smart brained, big preek, sweet-tongued, comfortable pursed, relatively fulfilled weirdo with a dual-nationality, I was the object of many ladies' cravings as they considered me the true epitome of the term 'husband material'.

NwaAmaikpe had to device a plan to avoid being trapped by those thirsty broads.
I'd date mostly A.S genotyped girls, and when they start getting comfortable, I'd tell them I was A.S all the while but was scared to tell them out of fear I'd lose them.
Depending on the temperament of the lady, I could say I just found out the previous day.

The same mumu girls will be the ones counselling me on how the future of our relationship was bleak for the sake of our kids.

I'd grudgingly accept their verdict that we couldn't get married but that didn't stop the kpekus from being served, Some even after their marriages because I was their soulmate, while their husband was just a partner.

I happened to see one many many years ago with her toddler at a busstop waiting for a ride, I picked them up and while introducing me to her son, she said. "that could have been your daddy but fate said no", I nodded.

If only the mumu knew.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Kfed4ril(m): 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No ......

If you have money for genotype selection screening..... Go head ......

If not, never marry any lady with an S ........ The risk is too much to consider........ You might have an AA or AS, but an SS is also a very high possibility.......

Like what is the estimated cost?
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Oghenerobo2002(m): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
funkmrflexx:
Hey....
Can we talk privately?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS? / Siamese Twins Die Months After Delivery In Katsina. Photos / Please What Is This Growth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.