Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (60205 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" / How I Was Denied Employment By Prudential Guards Limited (PGL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Prisco4luv(m): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
That serves her right, a generation that lacks morals. Why will she wear the leg chain to an interview
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kingyakos: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Women una fine get everything but una no get sense

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by sleeknaija(m): 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Natasha2:

One of the very few sensible comments on this thread.

What else will you say.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by IbileIfe: 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Anklets are used to identify commercial sex workers in certain locations.
Majority of women wearing anklets are runs babes who in most cases are commercial sex workers.
Every side chick is a commercial sex worker.
Every Woman who sleeps with a married man is a commercial sex worker.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Angelfrost(m): 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kirkman:
If only the idiot and her so called friend know the symbolic meaning of what wearing a leg chain entails instead of just blindly following fashion trends of the world.

"Any woman wearing chain on their legs,means is a prostitute or married but available to other men"

Please, share a link or clear evidence of that bold claim... What part of our national, international, or spiritual body of law was that clearly stated?!! I will wait!
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
Abeg na followers you dey find ,every organization has its own ethics, I know of a company that does not allow jeweleries on ladies , after coming out from the gate you can put it on , the people working there are still hale & hearty nothing has happened to them.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by brandsoncharlie: 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Easyincome24:

Could we also say same goes to people having noticeable tattoos?
Go and do tattoos too the company go give you job. grin grin.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kingcalls:
I will do the same.... she is a foolish woman ... its like going for a job interview with dreads or a visible tattoo
lmao…. My first job in Lagos. Corporate organization. i went with my locks. I was the only one called for a second interview and was given an offer on the spot. Started out as the admin officer then less than a year later, moved up the ladder to Project manager.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by cardoctor(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Is it on the right or left leg? I know why im asking.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by derecho(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I detest guys who wear hearings, plait their hairs, do artificial dread locks, the one that annoys me most and always make me wish I have power to eliminate them without being questioned is guys who sag l...

Note that if u are a music star , a celebrity, that does all these, I would have no problem... But to see young people who just want to belong sag their jeans, makes me mad
Why should a responsible musician do such? Let's stop encouraging irresponsibility for celebrities. If you don't have a problem with a celebrity/role model doing it, then you've endorsed it vicariously.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Angelfrost(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
IbileIfe:
Anklets are used to identify commercial sex workers in certain locations.
Majority of women wearing anklets are runs babes who in most cases are commercial sex workers.
Every side chick is a commercial sex worker.
Every Woman who sleeps with a married man is a commercial sex worker.

So, our forebears who wore anklets were prostitutes?!! I'm talking as far back as the precolonial era...

Hard to believe some of you are actually learned and exposed in this age of intelligence!

I'm shocked tbh!!!

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by gift2xl: 10:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Fool's
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by rickyrex(m): 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

You are not even being rational...

Bring up a law or laid down principle criminalizing leg chains among women... If something is not clearly spelt out as unlawful, then personal prejudices are worthless and unacceptable.

Learn to apply more objectivity to matters of such delicacy.
is there any law that state you must be well dressed and neat while attending an interview. This is just a thing of common Sense. I hope you don't dress tatared for an interview and when you don't get picked you start quoting laws or asking which law stipulate that you mush dress well and neat for an interview. And as a guy you fit still dye your hair or plait am as for interview as long as say e no dey law

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bahamas95(m): 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
She's in Nigeria, she doesn't need a prophet or babalawo to tell her how things are done here. Taking that chain off for some minutes won't kill her.

Even in Western world where most things are overlooked there's a way you're expected to dress In a corporate setting.....You can't attend a meeting with everybody wearing suit and you walk in on sagging jean and Tshirt.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Basheer22: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
Let those supporting her stupidity provide jobs for her.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mercychen:
Shut that gutter mouth! Everything is wrong with it! When you're not a dog.

What is even wrong with all these generation of fish brain? And they'll still be claiming they know even when you're trying to correct them.

What has the leg chain yielded her so far?
Ok, now that she lost a good offer because of some stupid leg chain, is the chain going to feed her?

There are ways to dress to different functions and places. A leg chain will only pass you off as a core or club girl. If she wore it to a club interview, she would have been considered but in a corporate organization, it's a no no. You're required to dress properly and look responsible.

I hope she's learnt her lesson.
so your dog for house na leg una de put the chain abi?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Basheer22: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

You are not even being rational...

Bring up a law or laid down principle criminalizing leg chains among women... If something is not clearly spelt out as unlawful, then personal prejudices are worthless and unacceptable.

Learn to apply more objectivity to matters of such delicacy.

Get her a job and stop ranting.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by gistmega: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
You had the opportunity to show that you are responsible but you missed that big league. First, sympathize with the girl and show some humanity. Your write up shows how haughty and exuberant you are.
Leg chains are African culture. If you know nothing about culture, learn. Having a leg chain is not a sign of irresponsibility. It is fashion and culture. The lady who denied her a job may be sleeping with someone's husband or be involved in some form of fraudulence.

People like you feed into the narrative of societal oppression and bully. All politicians dress up nicely while robbing the existence off millions of people.
I pray you never sit in a position to determine the faith of your fellow human being. You will deny many innocent people oxygen if you had the power.
If the company has a dress code, the employer can list that out to the candidate. Simply ask her not to wear the chain to work. Many companies provide uniforms for their employees because they want to maintain a particular dress code. Other companies train their employees. But denying someone an opportunity on the spot cos they don't share your values is a vice in the society. Pray that you do not live in a western society with this mentality of yours. They will sue your dirty behind until you learn how to respect and tolerate others.
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Daboomb: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Okay... I now understand your personal distaste. But, that doesn't make their choice of dressing wrong.

That we dislike certain dress codes doesn't make them wrong... Let's keep things in proper perspective.

I personally don't fancy excessive body adornments, especially in formal work settings. But, there is a thin line between distaste and insensitivity or abusing a person's rights.

As long as a person's dressing or adornments don't interfere with his or her job delivery, or doesn't negate the company's principles, then it should be overlooked.

There is Culture, Norms and Codes in everything we do.
It is a Dress code to put on a Socks, when you put on a Tie, itis an English Dress code but l see a lot of Nigerians not put on a Socks, when putting on a Tie and it is irritating because it offends the Dress Code.

It is a Food etiquette to not make "sounds" with your mouth when chewing but sometimes, l just hear people chewing pasham-pasham like a Dog and it is very irritating, because it shows lack of finesse and god home training.

I know, we are now living in a very permissive era pf "No Rules" but Rules are there for a reason!
I see some Governors put on face cap, on a Traditional Dress, as if they are Touts and Thugs or Street Urchins! WTF
Some even out on Canverse / Sneakers on a Babanriga or Agbada! How more stoopid can it get?

A 'CODE' is a 'Rule' that one should follow, you cannot just say l will do it as l like! Why then is it a "Code"?

People should learn to dress properly, dress properly for the particular occasion and be mindful of their appearance because it says a lot about you.. FIRST IMPRESSION COUNTS.

You can only exercise your "personal right" within your own confines, not in public space or in other people's space. Your Right ends, where theirs, starts.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by jojothaiv(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
I hope some of us are taking notes of those who loved to talk from the two sides of their mouths. One will say learn to mind your business online but would say your business is mine once offline.

Let's continue with that two-sided energy, day go soon break, many go later cast, no worry...

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by rickleye: 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...

Blunt ! and a Straight Shooter !

She might have a reason for wearing the leg chain but it's not what the company is looking for. And for her to know it was because of the leg chain means they told her.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by tibatobi: 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's some unusual level of backward reasoning right there!

Maybe you should do some actual research on how or when leg adornments started.

The people that use it 95% in this our society today is olosho...u cant find any responsible being in our society today with a leg chain, responsible married women don't use it... Olosho, single mothers ..etc damaged women all together use it ...I don't need any research..na olosho dey use am...even u be olosho..I detest olosho because they are daughters of jezebel... Devil's hand tools to destroy men and homes

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Kajaard: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Very good
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by derecho(m): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
That "girl that wears anklet" was a euphemism for prostitute when I was growing up. I noticed that most girls wearing anklets were shameless whores.Some naive people think it's fashion but it's symbolic.

The yeye interviewee would have been thinking the people there are onijekuje, who would rush her.Those guys are smart.
"A wise man sees evil afar off and hides himself but a fool rages on"

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Popesuccess(m): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Gbam! you have said it all.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Deicide: 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
But what's up with females these days and Nose rings? It's just so rampant ryt now.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Chukabiz(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
I used to see people who wear leg chain as prostitutes or lesbians but these days that mothers are now competing with young girls on leg chain, I don't know what to think again.

Going for an interview wearing leg chain is so wrong and portrays her as an irresponsible person

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by robinsonnunto: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
ASPIREX:

You displayed matured objectivity here.

She went for an interview....ostensibly in a corporate set-up and she wore a leg chain. There are some organisations that wouldn't bother about it,some other companies will not even allow you access to the panel. Why not steer the middle course....go without the leg chain, nose studs or multiple earrings and then after joining the organisation you can gently show them your true colours.

By the way,those of you approving of this dress code....I hope you will be happy the day you are attended to at public offices with bikini clad officials....after-all the hood doesn't make the monk.
dem dey tell you reality as it is, u dey try justify your foolishness..... Go GIVE HER THE JOB NOW
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Babatunde7109(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I detest guys who wear hearings, plait their hairs, do artificial dread locks, the one that annoys me most and always make me wish I have power to eliminate them without being questioned is guys who sag l...

Note that if u are a music star , a celebrity, that does all these, I would have no problem... But to see young people who just want to belong sag their jeans, makes me mad

Lol…

Bro, some guys now use leg chains and waist beads. To add to the list, some guys now pierce their nose.

Over and over again, I have asked myself this question: How do all these things enhance — positively — their look?

I mean, if u’re pretty or handsome, or ugly, a leg chain won’t make you look more pretty or handsome.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dmacqh(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
Some people actions makes me wonder .. are we really ready to enjoy freedom ?
Her line of defense may be “ it’s my body “ it’s a free world “ “ does it harm you “ ?
Apart from dancing , I’m yet to wonder the beauty or relevance of leg chain .
Does it bring confidence or add to beauty ?
All I know as long as Nigeria culture is concerned is that it attracts men and women of easy virtue to the wearer .
Morality and decency should be upheld .

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by dc23(m): 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Anklets were worn by married women who slept with other men with the knowledge of their husbands.

In other words if u saw a woman wearing an anklet it's a susggestion she is sexually available with reprecursions.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Daboomb: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Conner44:
Between wearing nose ring and leg chain to an interview which is worse?

Nose Ring will not get you beyond the Gate, Leg Chain will get you thrown out of the compound, over the Gate. grin grin
Which one do you prefer?

dont ask about #Malians. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Available Engineering Jobs 2016 / Nigeria Bottling Company Aptitude Test Invite / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81