Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? (31014 Views)

How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / Why I Didn't Pity My Mom When I Saw Her in this condition. / Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by advanceDNA: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Why do you think the story is false?

If the man’s twin that was absorbed fathered the child....shouldn’t the scientist see the set of husband’s chromosome in the result.... after all twins will surely share DNA whether they are identical or fraternal.

Why wait for the marriage to scatter before revealing that part of the test.....

Either they just doctored the story a bit to dramatize the chimera phenomenon, or the lab scientist that ran the DNA test is ex of the woman.. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by derecho(m): 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
They have started again o.
Maybe the story you cited was well before the current improvement in DNA fingerprinting
Your DNA is unique to you
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful94:
Good evening people. I am a female lawyer hoping to go for nysc by the end of this year. I wish to serve in cbn enugu please does anybody have an idea or link on how i can achieve this, Please help me.
what do you need?
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by CaveAdullam: 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Why do you think the story is false?

No where "twin cells" whether identical or fraternal can have dissimilar DNA. Fraternal twins may differ phenotypically but not genotypically. Similar DNA structures; similar genetic make up for both categories of twins.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

If the man’s twin that was absorbed fathered the child....shouldn’t the scientist see the set of husband’s chromosome in the result.... after all twins will surely share DNA whether they are identical or fraternal.

Why wait for the marriage to scatter before revealing that part of the test.....

Either they just doctored the story a bit to dramatize the chimera phenomenon, or the lab scientist that ran the DNA test is ex of the woman.. grin grin

No, no no. The story is absolutely true.

The reason why they could only detect his twin's DNA is because of where the sample was taken.

If they swabbed multiple areas of his body, they'd find his DNA aswell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
CaveAdullam:

No where "twin cells" whether identical or fraternal can have dissimilar DNA. Fraternal twins may differ phenotypically but not genotypically. Similar DNA structures; similar genetic make up for both categories of twins.

Have a nice day.

Wrong!
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ThinkSmarter: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mariangeles:
There’s one who’s a nairalander.

She absorbed her brother, but not totally.
Yeah I can recall that lady with woman leg and man leg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by kazyhm(m): 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
Don't argue with stupid people, the will drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Women will always find some un-experimented, complicated and controversial theory to prove and validation their false claims...
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by CaveAdullam: 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Wrong!

Just use this key: similar vs identical.

Perhaps, you're looking at it from a chromosomal level. All the same, they share similar genetic make up!

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ppogba: 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Surprisingly, people take time on this forum to disapprove and call something that has been scientific ally proven with all manners of Chromosomes and DNA argument when they can do well to google and research.

Hardworking youths indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Just use this key: similar vs identical.

Perhaps, you're looking at it from a chromosomal level. All the same, they share similar genetic make up!

You said they may differ phenotypically but not genetically. Implying they're the same.

Btw this chimerism thing only works for fraternal twins. If he was an identical twin. His twins DNA will almost be undetactable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
ppogba:
Surprisingly, people take time on this forum to disapprove and call something that has been scientific ally proven with all manners of Chromosomes and DNA argument when they can do well to google and research.

Hardworking youths indeed.

Don't mind them.

A fascinating and enlightening thread has been dismissed and reduced to mockery, all because they don't understand it.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
cooltola:
The chance of Chimerism is a very rare thing- Most of the DNA are extremely accurate- A cheater will this an excuse

A cheater can only use that as an excuse, if he was an ACTUAL chimera.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by advanceDNA: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
1Sharon:

No, no no. The story is absolutely true.

The reason why they could only detect his twin's DNA is because of where the sample was taken.

If they swabbed multiple areas of his body, they'd find his DNA aswell.

Wait madam...
U know how DNA test works naaa...
Husband’s chromosome and wife’s chromosome is compared with the child’s chromosomes.. if all is well...the child should have 23 pairs since children inherit two copies of each gene, 23 from the father, 23 from the mother)

So let’s look at the scenario..

They checked the husband’s DNA with the child and said he’s not the father.. meaning they took the husband’s DNA from the start...if they had taken the twins DNA there wouldn’t have been a problem...it would shown a perfect match with the kid abi??.
Still, the absorbed twins DNA( which is present in the child) should have some identical relation to his brother...

So the DNA comparison shouldn’t have revealed completely zero similarity to the child......that’s why I said the lab scientist must be wicked..

Which is the samenthing caveadullam was saying
twin cells can’t have completely different DNA. Even if they are Fraternal twins with different phenotypic expression they must be similar at molecular or genetic level .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Germi9: 11:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news Old news old news
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2022
advanceDNA:

Wait madam...
U know how DNA test works naaa...
Husband’s chromosome and wife’s chromosome is compared with the child’s chromosomes.. if all is well...the child should have 23 pairs since children inherit two copies of each gene, 23 from the father, 23 from the mother)

So let’s look at the scenario..

They checked the husband’s DNA with the child and said he’s not the father.. meaning they took the husband’s DNA from the start...if they had taken the twins DNA there wouldn’t have been a problem...it would shown a perfect match with the kid abi??.
Still, the absorbed twins DNA( which is present in the child) should have some identical relation to his brother...

So the DNA comparison shouldn’t have revealed completely zero similarity to the child......that’s why I said the lab scientist must be wicked..

They didn't take his DNA from the start. They took his twins.

It does have some relation and similarity to his brother. That's why the DNA test could determine the DNA sample received showed the man was his uncle and not his father.

The DNA showes some relation and similarity, but not enough closeness to be the father.

As I said before the DNA sample was likely swabbed from his semen which contained his own DNA.

A swab from his saliva or skin would reveal his brother's DNA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Karleb(m): 12:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Posts like this are funny! cheesy

The DNA results that I have seen come in percentages, if my uncle was my real father, our DNA will match to some 50%.

If the man was a chimera, his DNA would match with the kid to atleast 70 percent if the twins were not identical and to about 99% if the twin were identical.

A good doctor or lab scientist might have been fascinated by the result and probably make a research on that if they didn't know yet. So they would not need to go around and around before locating Chidera. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ppogba: 12:03am On Mar 15, 2022
1Sharon:

Don't mind them.

A fascinating and enlightening thread has been dismissed and reduced to mockery, all because they don't understand it.

My comment is enough for you not to respond to any opinion doubting chimerism again. The more you do, the more you are made to prove what has been proven already.

Tell them to google.

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Mariangeles:
There’s one who’s a nairalander.

She absorbed her brother, but not totally.
I was so curious about it & finally I have just read her stories honestly she's amazing and also beautiful soul .

3 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 12:10am On Mar 15, 2022
ppogba:

My comment is enough for you not to respond to any opinion doubting chimerism again. The more you do, the more you are made to prove what has been proven already.

Tell them to google.

Thanks grin

They're only doubting because they don't understand it. Classic nairaland, when something is beyond them, they make jokes and mockery to feel they've made a contribution.

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by donhils: 12:10am On Mar 15, 2022
Un fūcking believable

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by advanceDNA: 12:12am On Mar 15, 2022
1Sharon:

It does have some relation and similarity to his brother. That's why the DNA test could determine the DNA sample received showed the man was his uncle and not his father.

The DNA showes some relation and similarity, but not enough closeness to be the father.

As I said before the DNA sample was likely swabbed from his semen which contained his own DNA.

A swan from his saliva or skin would reveal his brother's DNA.

U ddnt get my point...I wasn’t trying to invalidate the story....

the story up there painted a scenario where the marriage crashed because of this issue ..the similarity was only later revealed when it could have been seen right from the start even without getting the invisible twin’s DNA...

The husband is the child’s uncle right??...during comparison...the lab scientist should have seen a slight similarity between between uncle and child....and raise question, instead of crashing someone’s marriage...

Which is why I joked that the lab scientist must be the woman’s ex

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by IamAsiri: 12:14am On Mar 15, 2022
ednut1:
Lies. How did the brother semen enter his own

He has no semen; his brother is living through him. His utmost revenge... grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 12:19am On Mar 15, 2022
advanceDNA:

U ddnt get my point...I wasn’t trying to invalidate the story....

the story up there painted a scenario where the marriage crashed because of this issue ..the similarity was only later revealed when it could have been seen right from the start even without getting the invisible twin’s DNA...

The husband is the child’s uncle right??...during comparison...the lab scientist should have seen a slight similarity between between uncle and child....and raise question, instead of crashing someone’s marriage...

Which is why I joked that the lab scientist must be the woman’s ex

It was likely revealed after further testing. That's the way science works. They research all the way to the end.

He's the biological father but the initial DNA sample was likely taken from his hair or saliva and DNA from that area contained his twin's DNA.

If the DNA sample had been taken from his semen. They wouldn't have gotten into that mess.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 12:23am On Mar 15, 2022
IamAsiri:

He has no semen; his brother is living through him. His utmost revenge... grin.

Lol. He didn't kill his twin now
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by advanceDNA: 12:25am On Mar 15, 2022
1Sharon:

It was likely revealed after further testing. That's the way science works. They research all the way to the end.

He's the biological father but the initial DNA sample was likely taken from his hair or saliva and DNA from that area contained his twin's DNA.

If the DNA sample had been taken from his semen. They wouldn't have gotten into that mess.

Lol...
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by iLegendd(m): 12:28am On Mar 15, 2022
ImoleNaija:
Well, here in Naija, the excuse wouldn't pass.

I wonder how this epistle would sit well with me.
cheesy I don't want to laugh, please leave me alone. The last line got me.

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by 1Sharon(f): 12:29am On Mar 15, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol...

Maybe they didn't do further DNA analysis from the beginning.. the sample just showed he wasn't the child's dad, but the test didn't reveal how closely related they were...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by NurseJay274: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2022
The site is a good alternative to Nairaland
iamoyindamola83: Anything Nairaland becomes boring, I will enter Ghana Up. Ghana. com

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by brainhgeek(m): 12:30am On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
One of her legs is masculine? undecided
Yes. She has a masculine and a feminine leg. Such a unique human

3 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by brainhgeek(m): 12:32am On Mar 15, 2022
1Sharon:

@cindy222

Where is she
She's been on the quiet side lately. One of nature's rarest crafts

2 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Karemarealty288(m): 12:48am On Mar 15, 2022
Remains me of this movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / I Don't Have Any Female Friends Again Because Of My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.