Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? (31015 Views)

How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / Why I Didn't Pity My Mom When I Saw Her in this condition. / Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Jointheir7(f): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmm...
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Angrymode: 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Candidlady:
Woah

So did the man later agree to accept the kid as his own?

This can never work in this part of the world.. Even if he met the lady intact and DNA test says otherwise dude is over with the relationship fvck Chimera or chidera

Although this is really fascinating

You got me laughing here cheesy
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Zonefree(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Candidlady:
Woah

So did the man later agree to accept the kid as his own?

This can never work in this part of the world.. Even if he met the lady intact and DNA test says otherwise dude is over with the relationship fvck Chimera or chidera

Yeye grin
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Anny4me: 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wow never heard of such stories. Big up
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Basheer22: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
If you like, fall for this nonsense as a man. Ladies are looking for opportunities to escape liability for producing bastards and hanging them on innocent men.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by BadEnglish(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful94:
Good evening people. I am a female lawyer hoping to go for nysc by the end of this year. I wish to serve in cbn enugu please does anybody have an idea or link on how i can achieve this, Please help me.

Please try to specify the CBN. there is one Chibuike Bakery Nsukka . That's also CBN I can connect you to him tho, he's a friend.

11 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by bonna4u(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmm, so the man chopped his brother.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by HarunaWest(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful94:
Good evening people. I am a female lawyer hoping to go for nysc by the end of this year. I wish to serve in cbn enugu please does anybody have an idea or link on how i can achieve this, Please help me.
Be active in camp. Lobby with the camp cordinator.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by SmallmebigGod: 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chimerism is not applicable here. This is pure social media cruise

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ppogba: 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
afonjabreed:
I was going through the internet like I do every night when I came across this write up.
Is this phenomenon true?
To what extent can it be proven?
How common is it?

'DNA is really so crazy. Have y'all heard that story about the woman who had a baby with her husband? When he got a DNA test done, the results determined he wasn't the father.
The mother insisted he was the dad so much so that they repeated the test numerous times. The results remained the same, so the couple got divorced and the man refused to be in the child's life.

It later came out that based off the DNA results, he wasn't the father but the uncle of the child. Which was impossible because he was an only child. After a more extensive DNA test, they found out the husband was actually a chimera, which essentially means he had a twin brother that he ate in utero, essentially absorbing his DNA.

So basically the unborn twin brother was the father, even though the husband bore the child.'

For more on Chimera and chimerism google Karen Keegan and Lydia Fairchild

Real but very interesting discovery In Modern Medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Candidlady: 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Zonefree:

Yeye grin

Stay outta my mention

Ihate you angry
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Zonefree(m): 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Candidlady:

Stay outta my mention

Ihate you angry
I love that you hate me.

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Candidlady: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mariangeles:
There’s one who’s a nairalander.

She absorbed her brother, but not totally.

For serious shocked
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by KazikageSama: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
afonjabreed:
I was going through the internet like I do every night when I came across this write up.
Is this phenomenon true?
To what extent can it be proven?
How common is it?

'DNA is really so crazy. Have y'all heard that story about the woman who had a baby with her husband? When he got a DNA test done, the results determined he wasn't the father.
The mother insisted he was the dad so much so that they repeated the test numerous times. The results remained the same, so the couple got divorced and the man refused to be in the child's life.

It later came out that based off the DNA results, he wasn't the father but the uncle of the child. Which was impossible because he was an only child. After a more extensive DNA test, they found out the husband was actually a chimera, which essentially means he had a twin brother that he ate in utero, essentially absorbing his DNA.

So basically the unborn twin brother was the father, even though the husband bore the child.'

Lol, the story isn't entirely true. The way DNS testing works, it's does not a give a digital result (true or false, yes or no), it uses a gene reference to determine to a certain extent the probability of being the father of the child. In other words, even if the man is the brother of the actual father (and not the exact father), the DNA test is able to ascertain to a very large extent that their DNAs match (match doesn't mean 100% same except for very rare identical twins).

So in the case of a Chimera, DNA will still show reference to the Chimera as a match with the baby to a large percentage so there is no way an actual DNA test will prove his not the father. Infact, DNA is so interesting that it can reference cousins and grandparents to grandchildren let alone twins.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ppogba: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
BadEnglish:

Please try to specify the CBN. there is one Chibuike Bakery Nsukka . That's also CBN I can connect you to him tho, he's a friend.

You are very wicked with the options you have for the young lady.

I had wanted to respond to her initial post but I just felt it was not necessary.

Someone still has a semester or two to go but is already dreaming of serving at CBN Enugu. She needs to be told that the journey starts from being posted to Enugu first.before other things follow.

3 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by ednut1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lies. How did the brother semen enter his own
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Olachase:
I fit no chop maize this year again cus wetin I day see this year Don amaze me finish grin grin grin
Comrade you sure say you no go want make I dice the maize for you so.

In Pheelz voice,
Many people deh outside weh deh feed man zobo
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by JackWolfskin: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
The DNA would still be alike.

Brothers are close matches.

8 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
very very true and possible, ask Google.
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Connected1: 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
It's all lies abeg

Women have sat down and brought up a fascinating story so that they can hook men with someone else's child and claim it's Chimera abi Chidera.

Once the DNA is not mine, forget about it, There's nothing like ignorance in this case.

Yeye Name sef

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Justice4Toto: 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chai why Chimera person no eat Buhari
At least we for rest

1 Like

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by NobleAngell(f): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Yes I first heard about it from my former secondary School classmate when I went through her fb page about 3 years ago. She wrote on her bio that she's a human chimera. I first thought she was trying to say she's an Igbo girl. So I was going through all her posts and they were basically describing the phenomenon. It's really very complicated. She broke it all down. And every of her post carries the hashtag #humanchimera.
And honestly I believed it the moment I read it because this girl was a weirdo back then in school and she had some weird physical features that I won't mention here just in case someone here happens to know who I'm talking about. So, yes chimerism is a thing.

7 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by rickpat(m): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
so the husband doesn't have a trace at all in the saliva or hair of the child?...well done

so why is the husband's DNA not showing the DNA of the twin brother?... cus he has dual DNA...the child picked one,which turns out to be DNA of the twin...

The fact is the husband may have cells from the twin but doesn't mean he will not have any cell of his own...so a trace him must be seen in the child...OP please read deeper...chimera doesn't entail a child not having any genetic trace of the parent

3 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lies, daughters of eve can't deceive the wise, they can only deceive the simps

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
gaby:
Na wa for "Chime" oh....

What a cannibal... grin
Hahahahhahah
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Crafteck1: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
E de sweet to complicate matters, ask first the probability of chimeraism

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by gbagyiza: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful94:

Naso una dey do they give stupid men opportunity to nack una. Why must it be cbn enugu? so, if God choose local government area for you, it means you will not go.

3 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by adefitim(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Well done �� so are they telling us now to accept bastard
Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Awkabigboy: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Candidlady:
Woah

[s]So did the man later agree to accept the kid as his own?

FtC dedicated to Freda [/s]
Fake twitter story , chimerism exists yes but 1 in a trillion, this story is fake and just for loose women fighting DNA

4 Likes

Re: Chimerism & DNA: How True Is This Condition? by Loveknitting: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
Olachase:
I fit no chop maize this year again cus wetin I day see this year Don amaze me finish grin grin grin

What does the so many wonders on earth has to do with maize exactly?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / Halima, A University Of Abuja Student, Declared Missing By Her Family Member / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.