Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (43467 Views)

CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50% / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by easzypeaszy(m): 12:52am On Mar 15, 2022
Thank God I won't pay Dem again...

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 15, 2022
Walkee:
I like the way our federal government is ordering these big techs. They used to form James bond in USA during Trump era
So you believe such?Hahahaha!!!!so people like you still exist?You can’t order a phone company,it is left to you to put in place firewall that will stop those apps from working….People like you would believe Twitter came to nigeria to negotiate!!!negotiate fire!!!
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Burchester: 1:01am On Mar 15, 2022
This app are criminal, they would send messages to your contact and call you a theft. And they expect you to pay them??

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

even when they are not registered with CAC?isn’t that a scam as m already?Can you save your funds with an online that isn’t registered with CAC?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by gadgethead: 1:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

Maybe they should have properly registered themselves and also not employ thugs as loan officers

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by airsaylongcome: 1:55am On Mar 15, 2022
Kubernetes:
They should also mandate the legal loan apps to reduce the interest rates like the way commercial banks are charging

Lol....y2arw joking right? How many people taking loans from these apps will qualify for a loan from a bank. Even a Microfinance Bank will not lend to them. To take a loan from a bank you drop a collateral with value far in excess of your loan. These Loan apps are giving out unsecured loans which is very very risky. High risk, High returns
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Gamesmart: 1:57am On Mar 15, 2022
KingSatan:
Nigeria is a circus.

Her Leaders, Clowns.

Her People, weak spectators.

As long as Nigeria continues to overlook the demands in critical sectors of the nation such as the educational sector. We will continue to produce presidents/leaders who issue strange orders.

Strange orders that shamelessly define how undemocratic, uncivilized, underdeveloped, retrogressive and uneducated we are.

Look at this composition.

These are the reetarded "yoots" we are producing in Nigeria today.

Pure creetins!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by LZAA: 2:24am On Mar 15, 2022
temptnow:

Do you think Google know Nigeria exist?

The only people that think Nigeria is important is you Nigerians.

Up till now Twitter doesn't even have you people's time.

Festus Keyamo and Femi Adeshina fooled you all that Twitter has agreed to share database with Nigeria and open office. It's going to a year now still nothing

Sharing access to database with Nigeria, do you know how crazy that sounds to these Oyibo companies. Of all countries in the world, it's Nigeria they will share data with. grin grin grin grin
Oga dem dey share data with north korea sef
We know u be one of dem agents in sifia pains
Eeyah no more derogatory calls or blasting on social media
Oga better complete your education and get a REAL job
Not one where one "QA OFFICER " Will be telling you to be rude to customersgrin
QED

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by LZAA: 2:26am On Mar 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol....y2arw joking right? How many people taking loans from these apps will qualify for a loan from a bank. Even a Microfinance Bank will not lend to them. To take a loan from a bank you drop a collateral with value far in excess of your loan. These Loan apps are giving out unsecured loans which is very very risky. High risk, High returns
And I'm sure you must have heard of FLOATLOAN and QUICKCREDIT
next time think before you type
Cheers

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by LZAA: 2:31am On Mar 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:
This is going to be interesting.

Especially after the twitter fiasco

This government is actually stupid enough try to chase out Google and apple in a bid to appear tough.

Is this how the foolish telecoms minister thinks he will develop the app space

And this clown who was copying and pasting warnings about trojan banking apps does not know that android is open source and you can install apps from outside the Google play store?

These clowns do not understand that the end users of loan apps know exactly what the apps will do and give permissions to the apps to access contacts?

Las Las the govt of dashing out 5k 5k is looking for another way to collect cut from app developers under the guise of regulation.

Also, Buhari is doing the exact same thing putin is doing, ensuring no serious foreign investors will come to Nigeria.

Rather than address the big elephant in the room - the dishonesty of Nigerians, they are disturbing Google and apple.

Chinese goons who launder triad money as loans are not investors uncle grin
Even Mozambique chased them away when they started their rubbish there
Stop spewing rubbish and swallow your medicine
grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by LZAA: 2:33am On Mar 15, 2022
Kobicove:
The FG has no authority to give orders to companies that are not within Nigeria's jurisdiction
But are operating on NIGERIAN Soilgringrin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Comedian2019: 3:28am On Mar 15, 2022
Walkee:
I like the way our federal government is ordering these big techs. They used to form James bond in USA during Trump era
Continue to like it, until they prevent you from using an app that would have enabled you solve a pressing problem.
For your information, no government can order big tech around. Your government can only prevent you from using it. In case you don't know, the biggest loser is YOU.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Comedian2019: 3:28am On Mar 15, 2022
LZAA:

But are operating on NIGERIAN Soilgringrin
They are up there, never on your soil.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by RALPHOW(m): 3:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Just about to write something about these evil gangs called online loans before I saw this topic.

Before young Nigerians will start hanging themselves, federal government should place outright ban on majority of them especially those that charge above 10% and give short loan of 7 days

Imagine giving loan of 100k to collect 160k within a 7days, desperate men are taking it to resolve emergencies

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Heterodox(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2022
derecho:
No doubt Google will oblige the FG if they report.There's no need to order.
They can order

It's like saying US government should be reporting cheesy grin
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Oracleamehdin(m): 3:54am On Mar 15, 2022

1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:12am On Mar 15, 2022
Those Chinese shark loans have made bastard money from Nigeria in these past few years. Forget the defaulters because most are less than 10k or even 5k...before you increase to a credit limit to borrow up to 100k u must have been repaying with their outrageous super interest within each 7days or some increased to 10-14 days. Imagine borrowing 6500 and paying 10k in 7days

I was in their spider web for long and I had to borrow from one to pay another...I later found out some like sokoloan owns like 7apps....so what all these entails is that you are working hard daily just to be repaying all your life and even selling your hard earned stuff to meet up to avoid defamation. No matter how hard you enrich them,the DAY u delay,their useless Nigerian slaves will start insulting....using your selfie picture u took while accessing the loan to write criminal or even RIP and send deformatory messages to all your contacts

Don't pity these mean Chinese sharks. They are so greedy and wicked! Nigeria is d head of 419 in the world,they should teach Chinese a lesson

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Caseless: 4:13am On Mar 15, 2022
As much as I hate how these loan sharks harass people, I still don't like how Nigerians don't like to pay debt. We're wicked as a people and that's why we don't make progress.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 15, 2022
Mycometp3:
Easi moni still dey give loan ooo as of today I saw someone that took loan from them so make fed no dey give us audio order

But the account they pay the money to has been frozen, so at the end of the day na giveaway Dem dey do.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Caseless: 4:20am On Mar 15, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Those Chinese shark loans have made bastard money from Nigeria in these past few years. Forget the defaulters because most are less than 10k or even 5k...before you increase to a credit limit to borrow up to 100k u must have been repaying with their outrageous super interest within each 7days or some increased to 10-14 days. Imagine borrowing 6500 and paying 10k in 7days

I was in their spider web for long and I had to borrow from one to pay another...I later found out some like sokoloan owns like 7apps....so what all these entails is that you are working hard daily just to be repaying all your life and even selling your hard earned stuff to meet up to avoid defamation. No matter how hard you enrich them,the DAY u delay,their useless Nigerian slaves will start insulting....using your selfie picture u took while accessing the loan to write criminal or even RIP and send deformatory messages to all your contacts

Don't pity these mean Chinese sharks. They are so greedy and wicked! Nigeria is d head of 419 in the world,they should teach Chinese a lesson
They're owned by Chinese people?

One thing I'm always thanking God for is the fact that I never got such loans before. I was mad when one lady called someone close last time. He's afraid they'd tarnish his image, so he couldn't talk back at them. I was mad and had to tell that lady shut up her damn mouth.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 15, 2022
FindX:

We don carry their money dey soft.
E go choke O.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Globalistic(f): 4:32am On Mar 15, 2022
Brilliant move!

Some of the loan companies' staff are useless set of people. They threatened a friend of mine who almost committed suicide if not for my intervention...
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by sonofElElyon: 4:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Ademola47:

If they are operating illegally without government approval then they should be shut down.. whatever consequences they suffer is their fault.. moreover they brought it upon themselves by threatening blackmailing, harassing and maligning their customers.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by hopewealth: 4:43am On Mar 15, 2022
KingSatan:
Nigeria is a circus.

Her Leaders, Clowns.

Her People, weak spectators.

As long as Nigeria continues to overlook the demands in critical sectors of the nation such as the educational sector. We will continue to produce presidents/leaders who issue strange orders.

Strange orders that shamelessly define how undemocratic, uncivilized, underdeveloped, retrogressive and uneducated we are.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by hopewealth: 4:45am On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=hopewealth post=111046106][/quote]you people never see good thing that come from bad thing once
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by alloy123: 4:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Gone
Revolution2022:
What is the fate of loan apps who are yet to recover their loan?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by 3RNEST(m): 5:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Uchesis:
Pls they should list the apps. E get why
grin Google play store no be only store online, all those loan app go port go website, person go download their app from their website.
This new development no go work for naija if them like mk dem list all loan app wey dey naija. grin
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:13am On Mar 15, 2022
EmptyGarden:
They should go for debt cancellation while they're at it.

It is in the report that none of the affected loan companies should recover the loans since the companies were unauthorized to operate in the first place.

So anyone who has an existing loan with companies like Sokoloan, Ease Moni and the others that have been locked up should not repay the loans.

The affected companies have also been instructed to cease loan recovery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by zoedew: 5:17am On Mar 15, 2022
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Ademola47:

Their money is gone.

What do you Nigerians want?

You want a lawful country.

The FG is shutting down unlawful entities, and you are still complaining.

You want your country to be like the United States, yet you want it to pamper criminals.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by adez33(m): 5:23am On Mar 15, 2022
ademidedavid:
I smell one government official has borrowed money online and planning not to repay grin

Oga government go and repay your loan at sokoloan, xcredit, branch, fairmoney,palm credit etc.......they will not stop calling until you do the needful sir grin grin grin
.you have work with them lol,this exact msg they do send to their debtors

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by azikiweironsi(m): 5:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Walkee:
like I said earlier, your problem is Inferiority complex. I think it's not just that but ignorance is also a huge part of it. Norway have huge gas reserve and it's closer to European countries, have you heard anyone mentioned anything about them? What of USA, Canada Algeria, Egypt and Turkmenistan you think they don't have gas reserves?
Can Nigeria connect pipelines to Europe to supply them gas? Nigeria produce 1.2m barrels per day, that's fairly respectable.

Because people in the North don't speak English doesn't mean they are illiterate. Northerners speak Hausa, even in school. On Facebook they speak Hausa same as Twitter. You don't really know much.

Why don't you just ignore him ? If you like explain to him till thy kingdom come such person will never change from their inferiority complex. They continue to show their ignorance and shallow understanding on social media without knowing.
Nigeria never do well in their face but always glorify the foreign countries that are not 50% better than Nigeria. Imagine leaving Nigeria immigrating to Philippines, Serbia, Estonia etc still claiming he is in abroad or better to be a flower in such a place than to be in Nigeria. What an irony. Very pathetic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State / I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.