Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes (8194 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by blackboy2star(m): 7:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Isaiah 9v6
For unto us a child is born and unto us is name is given and his name shall be called Wonderful
Counselor
Everlasting Father
Prince of Peace
✌️ ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:44am On Mar 20, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Ecclesiastes 9:11

New Living Translation
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.
know this and relieve ursef of unnecessary stress ogbeni
I feel you bro cool
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by PrinceGallant: 7:48am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

So if the bible have said this, then Christians are wise not to do all these, it then means that Christian is the best way of life because I won't say it's a religion. I have my reason.

We have suicide bombers and terrorist around the world that have caused the world so much pains because of what their so called prophet told them to do. You haven't seen the evil of that but you're obsessed about Christian verses that you know nothing about.

In core Islam countries women are stone to death, they are being subjugated to slavery, most women are sex slaves even in core northern Nigeria such is happening, men are being amputated because of minor crimes they committed. All these happened because of the teaching of the so called prophet, yet you've not seen any evil, it's Christian verses that you masturbate on so to have orgasm.

Why is there so much paedophile and pervert in Islam can you explain that to me? The so called prophet have so much obsession with small children hence he unashamedly married a toddler reason you see why child marriage is so encourage in Islam and having thousands of wives by one man, yet headslammers are so focus in bible verses they know nothing about. So much for Saudi Arabia prophet followers.

Islam and sex is so inseparable, even in their paradise, the prophet promised them abundance of sex. I wonder what type of paradise that will be . I for like sample this paradise ogrin Who knows I fit see one niggar were go knack me well for dia cheesy

Anyways, I don't blame you guys, I blame nairaland. Commenting on Muslim thread, one have to swear that he or she believes that a sex addict, a paedophile and a rapist was a prophet while Muslim are allowed to comment on Christian thread freely.

Indeed, you are a coward. What did call for bringing Islam to defend the verses quoted from bible? The sophistry of your argument lacks ingenuity to agree with you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by airminem(f): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2022
Lovenorth:
Jesus is a man and servant of Allah
Jesus is the most quoted Prophet in the Qu'ran

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Michaelbjune(m): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2022
psalm 23:1 psalm 104:33 psalm 25
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Antoeni(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2022
Deuteronomy 28:7
The Lord will cause the enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way, but flee before you seven ways.

Happy Sunday You'll!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Meedon: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2022
Even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Eriokanmi: 8:02am On Mar 20, 2022
Psalm 113
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by sunkoye: 8:03am On Mar 20, 2022
...and He called those things which be not as though they were..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Alajiki(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2022
TheMan3:
let's analyse the scriptures you posted above.

You need to always read the full chapter or the full story to understand the event. Not just quote a verse or two to draw conclusions.

For Ezekiel 23:20 , go to verse 1 and start reading from there. You will see that the Lord God himself was talking and He did say it was a symbolism of Jerusalem and sameria. Let me quote

23 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother. 3 They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed. 4 The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem
This should shed more light.

For Numbers 31:17-18 the second scripture you posted, note that God was executing vengeance on that land. It's good to read from the begining of the chapter to get a clearer picture not single out a few verses.

Let me quote some part of that chapter to shed more light

31. Vs 1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people .”

Let's scroll down to the verse you quoted let's read the full picture

14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man

I hope this makes it clearer. Always read the full picture to understand the story. A little piece dose not say the full story.

@Alajiki

So, Jerusalem na donkey prick?
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by mattmogan88: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2022
Esther 4 vs 16.

If i perish, i perish
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by colizee(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2022
Matthew 6:33
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by DADYMIKE(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by orisa37: 8:25am On Mar 20, 2022
"BUT UNTO THE SON HE SAID, THY THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER: A SCEPTRE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTRE OF THY KINGDOM".

JESUS IS THE DIRECTORATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.

JESUS IS THE LIGHT THE GOODNESS AND THE LIFE OF GOD IN US.

CHRIST IS THE FAITH, THE HOPE, PEACE OF GOD AND GOD IN LOVE WITH ALL HIS CREATIONS.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Lovenorth: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2022
airminem:
Jesus is the most quoted Prophet in the Qu'ran
Jesus is our prophet, so we don't have problem with him
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by 1852tww: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2022
[s]
post=111191325:
Greater is he.........
[/s]
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by 1852tww: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2022
[s]
post=111191332:
JOHN 9 : 9......

Some claimed that he was.

Others said, “No, he only looks like him.”

But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”

Prelude to the above......
What actually led to it.......

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.
His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.
"Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, "Isn't this the same man who used to sit and beg?"
Some claimed that he was. Others said, "No, he only looks like him." But he himself insisted, "I am the man."
"How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.
He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see."
[/s]
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Olujaysmiths(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2022
Jesus wept (john 11 vs 35)
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by BigDawsNet: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2022
2 Chronicles 1:11-12
New King James Version
11 (A)Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king— 12 wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as (B)none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by whippersnapper(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

So if the bible have said this, then Christians are wise not to do all these, it then means that Christian is the best way of life because I won't say it's a religion. I have my reason.

We have suicide bombers and terrorist around the world that have caused the world so much pains because of what their so called prophet told them to do. You haven't seen the evil of that but you're obsessed about Christian verses that you know nothing about.

In core Islam countries women are stone to death, they are being subjugated to slavery, most women are sex slaves even in core northern Nigeria such is happening, men are being amputated because of minor crimes they committed. All these happened because of the teaching of the so called prophet, yet you've not seen any evil, it's Christian verses that you masturbate on so to have orgasm.

Why is there so much paedophile and pervert in Islam can you explain that to me? The so called prophet have so much obsession with small children hence he unashamedly married a toddler reason you see why child marriage is so encourage in Islam and having thousands of wives by one man, yet headslammers are so focus in bible verses they know nothing about. So much for Saudi Arabia prophet followers.

Islam and sex is so inseparable, even in their paradise, the Saudi Arabia born self acclaimed prophet promised them abundance of sex. I wonder what type of paradise that will be . I for like sample this paradise ogrin Who knows I fit see one niggar were go knack me well for dia cheesy

Anyways, I don't blame you guys, I blame nairaland. Commenting on Muslim thread, one have to swear that he or she believes that a sex addict, a paedophile and a rapist was a prophet while Muslim are allowed to comment on Christian thread freely.
Muslims don't insult Christian's and Jesus. It's a great sin
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Infoay: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Psalm 126:1.... (KJV)

When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by 989900: 8:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Psalms 30:5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by Blackmind: 8:54am On Mar 20, 2022
Isaiah 66:11 (KJV) That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by DorianD(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2022
1Chdonicles chapters vs 32
And of the children of Isaachar who were men of understanding and know what isreal ought to do.The heards of them were two hundred, and were at their command.
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by lascos912(m): 8:58am On Mar 20, 2022
If anything happens to you try to cry out loud don't die in silent

John 11 v 35 Says
Jesus wept
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by deavicky(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2022
Malachi 3:10-12. Daniel 3 :28-29
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by deavicky(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2022
Olujaysmiths:
Jesus wept (john 11 vs 35)
what is it that like about Jesus wept?
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by TheMan3: 9:14am On Mar 20, 2022
Alajiki:

So, Jerusalem na donkey prick?
read your Bible read read and stop blasphemy
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by emmy512: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Gen 1:1
Re: Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes by titusmichael27(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2022
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Dr Myles Munroe explained this scripture in his teaching on "10 keys for personal success" and I realized that I need to learn the law of God and abide in it . It brings about promotion, protection, direction and order in life.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. / See The Requirements To Get Married At RCCG That's Got People Talking... / Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.