Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? (33206 Views)

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Are Guys Really Scared Of Dating Ladies That Attend White Garment Churches?? / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by jericco1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Interesting
Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Jmichael1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Blablamalala:
Sad but true anything else is lies. It is poverty.
marriage is nt 4 everybody...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Truvelisback(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
VicUkegbu:
So what is the way forward for men?
Should men focus solely on amassing wealth and jettison emotions & intimate relationships...
I think we all should pray for good partners because I believe in as much as there are tons of bad eggs... there's also good ones regardless of how social media or whatever depicts it.
Let's try and make our relationships work even if we see & hear otherwise in today's world.. it takes maturity & understanding.
Do u want to hear the truth? Take it or Leave it, Money makes u a big catch to ladies. Gone are the days ladies go after who they love. In most cases, Once a lady says she loves a particular guy or She has feelings for a particular guy, it's likely that the guy's is loaded or she has discovered that the guy is loaded. A lady may ignore, tolerate or endure the red flags in a guy as long as the guy is loaded.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
Jmichael1:

marriage is nt 4 everybody...

Of course it's not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by house10s2: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
Animegirl:

Because they're lazy, don't want more responsibilities.
u mean ungrateful liabilities

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Truvelisback(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Probably Cos they are scared
Na una high taste dey scare dem. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by doubleZ88(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
Rubyjade:
They don't want to be responsible.

Lol... When guys don't want to settle down, they're said to be losing interest. When a ladies don't want to settle down, they're simply olosho. In both cases, only one gender takes the blame as usual. Many will say they're fleeing from liabilities (a convenient term for 'responsibilities') but our fathers still got married even when women weren't even expected to do anything other than take care of the home. So what excuse does this generation have?

The truth is, regardless of the term we use to refer to it, people are beginning to realize that marriage, as beautiful as it is, is not necessarily a do-or-die affair like society paints it. It could be argued to be some sort of irresponsibility but even that would be debatable. This change isn't gender specific. It might be more apparent with men cause they seem to have the financial power and the ability to easily pull that off without judgement. But some women would rather be baby mamas too

Coming from someone who still thinks life in d old day was d same as now. Back then the system was working and things were easy back then compared to today that 5k won't go anywhere in a family of two

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na ur own u dey talk. U think marriage is that easy as u have presumed?

I'm replying to the title of the thread: "Why are guys losing interest in settling down?". Whether marriage is easy or difficult, my answer to the question is this:

Gerrard59:
I think it's your circle or environment. For instance, almost every girl/lady I know is getting married. The ones who aren't married are either in a committed relationship or have many admirers. BTW, these ladies aren't dating or marrying fellow females but men. Also, it depends on your age group. That's, if you are in your 30s or move with men who are in their 30s, you will certainly get wedding invitations here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pansophist(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
Animegirl:

Marriage is not a proof of responsibility undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nackzy: 8:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Hardship is just too much, a lot of Nigerian girls believe the poverty problem is solved when they're married they're lazy, a lot of them believe in cheating

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Hotzone(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Economic imbalance and ladies instabilities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Goldbw122(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2022
They always get the easy way out
No money, no job and no one to help in finding a job or offering a helping hand.
Ladies of now aday are something else.. they will be with you this seconds, the next seconds they will be with ekema, e shock you abi...
When your money finish they disappear even when they have giving birth....
So it is very complicated.
It is rare to find love this days..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by KingOfTheDamned: 8:53am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

There's nothing in marriage. Have your baby or babies with a man then live your life independently. It's foolishness to live under a detect of a man.

Bleep marriage

Says the old used up unmarried dame who no one wants grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by qtguru(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Me I want marriage, single life is not for me. The issue is on the choice of partner, everybody has baggages these days and trust issues.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by phemmyfour: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why are guys losing interest in settling down?
The economy isn't favourable to acquire additional responsibility.

Settling down is the last thing on the mind of a struggling man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Joseph08(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Most girls are into hookup and runs.

Hardly you see marriageable ones.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by EmperorHadrain: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Because the current brood of women they are supposed to pick from are flaming wh0res.

They are waiting for the ones still in primary school to mature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by KingOfTheDamned: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
Animegirl:

Between me and you, I wonder who is the mad person here. Stop stalking me, small boy. You're not in my league. grin. Don't worry about me Dear, my life is much better than your generation combine. kiss

Also I'm not after men, infact they crawl to get my attention kiss
[/s]

Trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by womenareapess: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Animegirl:

just look at this unintelligent being vomiting rubbish undecided

This piece of shiit called naija women have nothing to offer apart from frustration undecided

Marrying this piece of shiit at your own Risk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by truthfulnigeria: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Lol..easier said than done.
You think it's easy for women?
Men are running away from marriage and the womendom don't like it.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

There's nothing in marriage. Have your baby or babies with a man then live your life independently. It's foolishness to live under a detect of a man.

Bleep marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by sabreal: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
They need Their sanity

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Archworld(m): 8:57am On Mar 25, 2022
Truvelisback:

. ....Archword is typing ....he's still typing ......oh no , network is bad
Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Amumaigwe: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Animegirl:

Between me and you, I wonder who is the mad person here. Stop stalking me, small boy. You're not in my league. grin. Don't worry about me Dear, my life is much better than your generation combine. kiss

Also I'm not after men, infact they crawl to get my attention kiss

What about you attract them? Just curious
Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Etetedet: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2022
It's hard to really find a wife material.especially in this challenging times. Most men's focus is on how to make money. So money first then wife comes
Truvelisback:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by silibaba: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Animegirl:

So David, wizkid, etc are lazy bah?

if nah you nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Lepon02: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Uncle96:
To be honest , marriage is so overrated

Gbam!
Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ibechris(m): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
The level of prosperity has slowed down terribly.

And this has affected many young men in getting married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ransomed: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Young men are running away from compounded liabilities. The B&V gangs are increasing daily and anyone that marries any of them is inviting untimely death.
Guys have developed the concept of "baby mama" to stay safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by AdeMoss: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
I have to urge to have kids, why should I marry?
Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by adecz: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Na Buhari cause am by making
nonsense of the value of our Naira ❗️❗️

When you think of the cost of feeding
200 people at the wedding reception
alone, liver go just fail you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? by mrksquare: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Animegirl:

Lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Lagos Airport / Caption This Couple's Wedding Picture / 13-Year-Old Girl Flees With Boyfriend In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.