Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60180 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by damiloladuke: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
you were greedy

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Lightorder: 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
Which one again be fair money ? My people, let us be very careful these days o. Toyota Venza don enter the eyes of our desperate jobless youth o
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jimter44(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
I discovered in life that most people that are being scammed are lazy people that don't want to work, but want to earn money. You don't want to work, but want to get 50k. Sorry, but look for their money and pay before they broadcast your name on internet.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
The woman who owns the account that received the deposit has a profile on LinkedIn. She works at GT Bank as an account manager. The website it totally fake. The links are dead and don’t lead to Linda Ikeji’s blog and the picture of their staff was stolen from a website here in America.

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is but the culture of Nigerians scamming eachother is awful.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ufotunang: 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
You want to earn 50,000 naira without working for it...how is that possible.... your desperation for money made them to deceive you

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by djon78(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

People are just funny

How will you put your personal password on an online platform

You fell for scammers

Financial institution always warns not to give your password to any online Link

Nawao

My account where my big money is, isn't linked to any online stuff. I don't have ant ATM for that account. Strictly for transfer only

And it's been intact for years no story

The accounts I used for normal transactions have ATM, but my big money account. Not at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by mpire: 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Why are you sad? You live in a country where you want something for nothing, reap where you did not sow. Why should anyone pity you again? Congrats you played yourself grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Sureboyy(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
onadana:

Person wey wan die...no dey talk
Baba no be so na.. sometimes person just dae speak up because he fit no bottle am no more

Everyone dae different G

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Sureboyy(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tell your parents what happened... They go vex for you normally but from there you go know the next course of action... Bottling all this and posting in SM may not really get you the help you are looking for

I hope you get my point OP undecided
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by tibatobi: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
you are a slave to your greed
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Tobest94: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
Boss, I know everything is tight but don’t commit suicide.. I lost 300k to forex and wetin pain me be say na person Dey help me trade as I never sabi am well myself, the money varnish and here am I still foot my thing
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by richard870(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Simply call your bank report it as a FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION. The transaction will be rolled back
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Vello(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
If you pay that money, you dense!
Fairmoney are a terrible set of loan parasite and I believe strongly they have a hand in this

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by emmy512: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Decryptor:
Oga...Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You just fell victim to some hardened criminals.

The link you opened wasn't fairmoney's site but "ng-pay (dot) vip"

They created a subdomain and named it Fairmoney, then created a direct link to fair money login which you typed in your details and possibly, your password was saved in a text file automatically on the hosting server hosting the scam site which the scammer then used to access your Fairmoney account and wiped your funds
this exactly how it happened op.
Seems you at the back end bro
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by abokikhalifa: 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

You are a student and you don't have sense, despite all the warning you read in nairaland concerning online scams and to avoid loan sharks, you still fell for this in 2022. All I can tell you is sorry. Na you use your hand debit yourself.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by hohafrank(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Why will you send OTP to a link or to someone else? You should have known better than sending one time password (OPT) to unknown person.
You have learned your lesson in a hard way.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Lol, can't you see that site is fake
Sorry though
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Sundayola77(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry about that...pls let's be careful with every syndrome of get rich quick.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by akeeng: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Omo, how are you paying back over 300k for a 150k loan? That’s over 50% interest.

Na wa o
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by 77up(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
I won't be surprised if some people are even clicking those link he shared grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by kemawilly(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
MOST OF THE PEOPLE COMMENTING HERE ARE SACAMMERS TOO.

Why can't we find a solution on how to help the young man recover his money than all this senseless comments.

Is the name and the bank the money was transferred to is there. Who told you they can't track those foolish scammers.
SOLUTION:
Let's push this on Twitter and call on the FairMoney, access bank and the CBN to track and arrest those criminals.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Alexaonfleek: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
It's mostly during ASUU strike that all these ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes and scam sites start getting popular

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by eazy07(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Do you want to press further on investigating the receiver of the money?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by emmy512: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
I just clicked the link and realised you were promised 50k every week for 4 weeks. Thats 200k for doing nothing.
Whoever is reading this i'll advice you take a crash course on internet security and how the internet or web works on youtube so you never fall for such. You dont need to be a techy to understand the concepts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Me dey always run when I see this kind advert oooo
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by merits(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Served you right!!!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
richard870:
Simply call your bank report it as a FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION. The transaction will be rolled back

Thanks for the information given to the victim. The Banks are not very helpful most of the times because they are so much overwhelmed with fraud reports.

Having spent some hours monitoring comments here, you can find out most youths are into frauds. Very fraudulent. Only scammers, 419 and fraudulent people will blame the victim. All of them blaming the victim are peers in crime.

I have reported fairmoney on several occasions on nairaland. They are very fraudulent.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OmoOshodi(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
The OP may be advertising for them....do not click that link

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Once greedy, always a victim of the latest scam in town !

Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AlphaT1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Fairmoney has no hand in this. It is solely your responsibility. You were dumb sha. Next time wise up. Don't follow any redirected link to your bank account, you will learn the hard way. Always type the URL (of bank or anything money related) in full by yourself, don't use memory, clear cache always ...or better still use the mobile app.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Lepon02: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

undecided
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by 3gpvids: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
Do anything you wan do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

6 Yahoo Boys Arrested by EFCC With 10 laptops, 17 Phones & a Car in Abuja (Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.