Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60186 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Maxymilliano(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I think it hit my account first and the scammer transferred it from there. He has my log in Details.
What I could deduce from your tale is that despite your outstanding loan, you could still access additional 150,000 loan from Fairmoney.

So why go through a phising link to earn 50k without working when you could have logged into your account and apply for the money for the proposed dropshipping business ?

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bigcee(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
The op is saying the truth. Na phishing dem use gba the op grin

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by mradjoy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Both domains were registered and hosted by namecheap.com probably by the same person who scammed you.

You're advised to write a detailed message of all that transpired including screenshots to abuse@namecheap.com

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Rico96(m): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
bigcee:

They collected a loan of 150k and he is to pay #321,200 in 5minths(#64,240 each month)
that's 110% of interest! What a crazy gamble
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by timagentms: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Pls stop saying Fairmoney scam you. Fairmoney can never scam anyone. The site is not Fairmoney website, that is phishing website.

Fairmoney is a real and licence by CBN

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by lalabrother: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Keep quiet you dumb fool...

Hanks0000:

I'm getting very depressed because what they are staying is true. It's all my fault.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:

What I could deduce from your tale is that despite your outstanding loan, you could still access additional 150,000 loan from Fairmoney.

So why go through a phising link to earn 50k without working when you could have logged into your account and apply for the money for the proposed dropshipping business ?

My hostel rent is already due and I needed to pay the rent too along with my outstanding loan which has become overwhelming..

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I don't know how they calculate their interest but it's what I see on the app..
If what you are saying is the truth and it's happened today then the first thing you should be doing is disturbing the banks and calling fairmoney but your first thought is to pay the money you didn't borrow and you want to open a GoFundMe page"
You don't have to pay the money since it was a scamm just focus in the bank tracing the account number and blocking it then we go from there

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

If what you are saying is the truth and it's happened today then the first thing you should be doing is disturbing the banks and calling fairmoney but your first thought is to pay the money you didn't borrow and you want to open a GoFundMe page"
You don't have to pay the money since it was a scamm just focus in the bank tracing the account number and blocking it then we go from there

I have called them many times today and they said they are investigating it and that they'd contact access bank and get back to me later..
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Shegz4god(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Did you get the account number of the so called blessing odion? Or take the name to the bank and report they will block that account and call the owner

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by eburuu: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Fake news thats editing msg thats why it has all those sign under next time try editing it wella

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have called them many times today and they said they are investigating it and that they'd contact access bank and get back to me later..
Then wait what's the rush of opening a "GoFundMe" page immediately

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by frowland(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Below line is a red flag!!

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by onadana: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sureboyy:

Please don't commit suicide.. it is never an option.. kindly find a way to start up again

Person wey wan die...no dey talk
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Bakerdav: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gutsy33:
nah so dem scam my friend too.. Omo nah to go complain and make dem block that account Straight o.. Nigerians why
at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design.. I deliver fast
u na no check the name ni fair money, abeg make govt shut all this app, they r scammer
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
eburuu:
Fake news thats editing msg thats why it has all those sign under next time try editing it wella
Lol is it really edited??
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Yomit71(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.
so you want to commit suicide because of ordinary #50k. do you know you'll still become a billionaire tomorrow and used hundreds of millions to play Baba Ijebu
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Whatshallido: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry bro. You are a victim of phishing. The link u clicked was spoofed. You were deceived to put your sensitive information (username, pin or password and otp on that website.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by qiubee(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
You saw all the red flags, yet you still fell for it coz you were so desperate to get free money..

dont commit suicide pls coz thats not the best option, you just have to go to a court and get a court order for the money to be reversed from the said access bank to your fairmoney account...the court order will be submitted at any access bank branch
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lazy Nigerians yoots always looking for free money
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Micmuzac: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
the banks are responsible for the festering of such scam ,if you call them you will hear the unprintable response they will give you until you report to CBN , instead of them to get the transaction data for confirmation they will wait for that money to disappear before asking you what the problemis
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

Then wait what's the rush of opening a "GoFundMe" page immediately

I just spoke with the customer care again and they said they have escalated it and they'd get back to me again.
The said the same thing 4-5 hours ago and I'm very worried now..
I don't have a heart for these things.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Quantized92(m): 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
I'm sorry about your predicament but believe me u've been very reckless. How do u expect to make such money without work.

Nonetheless if u want to be a successful freelancer. Send me a DM @ my siggy
Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove it's not a scam.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Omo guys dey cash out o shocked shocked shocked shocked 150k just like that

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by IBreakRules: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.

Although you messed up, but who am I to judge?
Instead of committing suicide, have you considered telling your parents about it? They could be of help definitely after scolding you.
I believe instead of committing suicide, they would wish you opened up to them instead

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by JBoss25(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lalasticlala this isn't the real fairmoney nah
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Awoof dey run belle
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bigcee(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yomit71:

so you want to commit suicide because of ordinary #50k. do you know you'll still become a billionaire tomorrow and used hundreds of millions to play Baba Ijebu
Clown cheesy
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by webizone(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
BadNews:

Start Blogging Business Bro and Thank Later, From There, you will sort out this issues.

I dey hear about this blogging but e be like say na business wey only 0.005% dey make am. Otherwise, e fit take years for OP doing that business to make it. And I don't think OP has all those years
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by IamDavid(m): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Make "Esther Blessing Odion" popular already. Get that account blocked at the bank. Unfortunately, they use third party accounts to do this kinda work, but blessing Odion is definitely related to the scammer. Might be an innocent usdt seller but still, when dem block in account he will tell the world who used his account.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by frankson1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
HOW TO EARK 50K WEEKLY WITHOUT WORK

How come you didn't pick race after seeing this? Or you wanted to earn without doing any work

We don't like cross-checking and examining informations before jumping in.
I don't know how he can proof to the company that he doesn't have any link to the account and so didn't receive any money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Pastor, Female Assistant Burnt To Death By Jealous Lover In Bayelsa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102