Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married (18932 Views)

Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
I'm looking forward to getting married in a year or so, and I'm looking for counsel which can help me and those who are in my shoes.

Are there certain exercises, experiences, plans, or actions which you regret having not taken before you got married?

Married folks, come in please.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by dawnomike(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hydronium:
I'm looking forward to getting married in a year or so, and I'm looking for counsel which can help me and those who are in my shoes.

Are there certain exercises, experiences, plans, or actions which you regret having not taken before you got married?

Married folks, come in please.
You can never be prepared enough... Just oray mid life crisis does not strike you after marriage. I wish you a happy married life in advance

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Zonefree(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Get a babymama...marriage is overrated, especially with a Nigerian girl.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
What counsel do you seek? Ahithophel’s counsel?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
It’s not like you’re going into Priesthood or enrolling to go and fight in a war. You still have your life ahead of you, married or not

If you want to further your education or still pursuing your career, ensure you plan that with your wife before you get married so you know when to start having kids.

Also make sure you both are on the same page with what you want in life, you don’t want to get married then suddenly remember you want to travel abroad for a Master’s degree and expect her to understand

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
dawnomike:
You can never be prepared enough... Just oray mid life crisis does not strike you after marriage. I wish you a happy married life in advance

Wow thanks.
But midlife crisis? I thought that thing happened around age 40. I'm just clocking 30.

1 Like

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
socialmediaman:
It’s not like you’re going into Priesthood or enrolling to go and fight in a war. You still have your life ahead of you, married or not

If you want to further your education or still pursuing your career, ensure you plan that with your wife before you get married so you know when to start having kids.

Also make sure you both are on the same page with what you want in life, you don’t want to get married then suddenly remember you want to travel abroad for a Master’s degree and expect her to understand

Wow. Really makes sense.
Funny thing tho is I'd like to travel out to further my education but my fiancee is not keen. We're still trying to reconcile that. But any further tips are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
Get a babymama...marriage is overrated, especially with a Nigerian girl.

Lol. Thanks tho but I don't believe in that. My fiancee & I are 'certified' virgins grin and looking forward to a satisfying sex life.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hehehe. I get your point. But they say experience is the best teacher. Better to learn from those who've gone ahead than go through it myself... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 4:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Hydronium:

Lol. Thanks tho but I don't believe in that. My fiancee & I are 'certified' virgins grin and looking forward to a satisfying sex life.
Satisfying you say cheesy For two novice? Super story.

Anyways to your question..They said marriage is an Institution you will never graduate from...Just prepare your mindset and have good understanding, develope ability to listen more than you talk.

Pray for wisdom to make critical decisions and lead the home as the man with equity and fairness.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by faithfull18(f): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Anyways to your question..They said marriage is an Institution you will never graduate from...Just prepare your mindset and have good understanding, develope ability to listen more than you talk.

Pray for wisdom to make critical decisions and lead the home as the man with equity and fairness.
Yes, satisfying. Stop discouraging chastity in order to sound woke. Those who slept around, leaving a part of themselves with everyone they had sex with were once virgins. It's better for partners to be virgins and they both get to learn.

I am certain if everyone adhered, the rate of infidelity and stories related to it won't be as much as we have it now.

OP, you are doing well.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by lavylilly: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2022
Hydronium:

Wow thanks.
But midlife crisis? I thought that thing happened around age 40. I'm just clocking 30.
it in your 50's

1 Like

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2022
faithfull18:

Yes, satisfying. Stop discouraging chastity in order to sound woke. Those who slept around, leaving a part of themselves with everyone they had sex with were once virgins. It's better for partners to be virgins and they both get to learn.

I am certain if everyone adhered, the rate of infidelity and stories related to it won't be as much as we have it now.

OP, you are doing well.
Lol..People don't like to hear the ugly truth..

But it is what it is...

Woke ke? Most abused word on social media.

I am more of traditional man.
Woke,wake, weak or week anything you call it is out of the context. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Cutehector(m): 8:37am On Mar 26, 2022
Lack of money brings up rubbish issues.

8 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Ishilove: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:
Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
Ishilove:

Lmao

Since there’s no trouble in his life, he decided to look for some to spice things up. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Of course, they will have a satisfying sex life, since they’d both be each other’s first, and there would be no previous experience to compare (themselves) with, so they wouldn’t be missing anything.
Instead, it’ll only keep getting better for them, as they explore each other.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

Of course, they will have a satisfying sex life, since they would both be each other’s first, and there would be no previous experience to compare (themselves) with, so they wouldn’t be missing anything.
Instead, it’ll keep getting better and better for them, as they explore each other.
O kwa i cho ga ihe m ga ekwu? cheesy

Ka m mechie onu, since you be my person.

Mana ihuru moto eji onu anyaga, anahu enwe accident... grin grin

The world is not prepared for truth/blunt humans..So ka m were onu m tinye n'akpa maintainia before unu ahu m asi onye akwa m iko zuru ahu grin grin... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Cutehector:
Lack of money brings up rubbish issues.
grin grin

Issues makes us human...They will always come.
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by ibechris(m): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hydronium:

Who certified u people?

1 Like

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

O kwa i cho ga ihe m ga ekwu? cheesy

Ka m mechie onu, since you be my person.

Mana ihuru moto eji onu anyaga, anahu enwe accident... grin grin

The world is not prepared for truth/blunt humans..So ka m were onu m tinye n'akpa maintainia before unu ahu m asi onye akwa m iko zuru ahu grin grin... cheesy

I shi nini? grin
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Indeed, I have several live examples around me of those who got married as virgins and have a good sex life
Good advice too

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

I shi nini? grin
grin
Mma m si, Nwaanyi otele ukwu ga ama ihe o mere onwe ya mgbe oso surugrin grin
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hydronium:

Indeed, I have several live examples around me of those who got married as virgins and have a good sex life
Good advice too
K
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Hydronium(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Speaking of leading the home as a man, do you insist on what you want? Or you confer together and come to a consensus?
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hydronium:

Speaking of leading the home as a man, do you insist on what you want? Or you confer together and come to a consensus?
Their is no way I can insist on what I want in almost every situation...But some things are not negotiable...

Things like religion, beliefs because we must be on same page for the spiritual direction of the family...

But some other critical decision, we put heads together for ideas..Even though an alpha, I don't like dominating/forcing my woman...I have realized you enjoy some ladies most when you guarantee them a little freedom and a mind of their own..

More like you sit back, and position her for the moves atimes...Some of them are go getters...Just like in a game of chess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

K

Elee ke wu K?
O nwere ihe ojoo no na ihe o kwuru?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
ibechris:

Who certified u people?

Some of you people just hate it when some men are not promiscuous as you expect them to be.
Do you think everyone regard sex the same way?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

Elee ke wu K?
O nwere ihe ojoo no na ihe o kwuru?
O kwa i biala ugbu a... cheesy

Zukwanuike!

That was an innocent k... wink

As you can see, I responded to his m
Next question na..
Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by faithfull18(f): 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy and Maria, write in English please undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Munzy14(m): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

Some of you people just hate it when some men are not promiscuous as you expect them to be.
Do you think everyone regard sex the same way?
Not because a man is open and blunt with sex talks, it will now equate to him being promiscuous..

For your information, the silent ones are the ones eating everything under skirt and you won't hear pim! Holy nweje things...Scientific ways.

Men know themselves...

Ladies enjoy men who tell them lies and sweet talk them with what they want to hear... grin grin

Then she will be smiling like woman wey visit her in-law house for the first time .

4 Likes

Re: Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married by Mariangeles(f): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Not because a man is open and blunt with sex talks, it will now equate to him being promiscuous..

For your information, the silent ones are the ones eating everything under skirt and you won't hear pim! Holy nweje things...Scientific ways.

Men know themselves...

Ladies enjoy men who tell them lies and sweet talk them with what they want to hear... grin grin

Then she will be smiling like woman wey visit her in-law house for the first time .

That guy was using scope to mock the guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! / Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ramat Seriki To Adopt Baby Abandoned At Secretariat Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.