Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

"will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? (4944 Views)

OMG: Pictures Of A Nigerian Girl Proposing To Her Boyfriend / Woman Slams Guitar On Proposing Boyfriend's Face (photos) / Picture Of A Girl On Her Knees Proposing To A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by jennifer74(f): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2011
Yesterday I asked my boyfriend if I proposed what would he say. He told me he wouldn't think twice and say no, because its embarrassing for the women to do it. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ladies, what is your take on this? Men, how would you feel if your girlfriend proposed?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by 190: 12:30am On Jul 03, 2011
VIP TICKET to NYASHING!!

I would hurridly say YES and even ask her to buy me ROSE on TOP

make the thing BALANCE angry angry

1 Like

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by jennifer74(f): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2011
^^Goaway turtle!
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Cuddlemii: 12:37am On Jul 03, 2011
jennifer74:

Yesterday I asked my boyfriend if I proposed what would he say. He told me he wouldn't think twice and say no, because its embarrassing for the women to do it. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ladies, what is your take on this? Men, how would you feel if your girlfriend proposed?

Babes you have just been punked!!!

He is indirectly saying he wont marry you. Why hasn't he proposed yet? You ask or He ask, is he going to marry u?

2 Likes

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by cantell(m): 12:45am On Jul 03, 2011
jennifer74:

Since you prefer to do the proposing, be ready to pay for the dowry, cater for the family and do other things a married man is supposed to do.
Proposing no be for mouth.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 03, 2011
Will i marry you? Why Not? As Long as my Groom Price Includes a Pimped out 2011 BMW X5 M Sport grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by cantell(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Babes you have just been punked!!!

He is indirectly saying he wont marry you. Why hasn't he proposed yet? You ask or He ask, is he going to marry u?

Punked ke?na by force to propose? Try that with any reasonable guy and you'll get yourself another boyfriend.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Cuddlemii: 12:54am On Jul 03, 2011
cantell:

Punked ke?na by force to propose? Try that with any reasonable guy and you'll get yourself another boyfriend.

Come Come Come. Wetin be my own. Na me buy ring or na me kneel down propose. I'm just wondering why she would ask this kind of question. Why is her man not proposing to her himself and why did he say No. Why the fuss about marriage on her part?

1 Like

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by MrsChima(f): 12:58am On Jul 03, 2011
That's a damn shame. Anyway! I forgot where I was for a minute TYPICAL RESPONSES from lipsrsealed.

OP,

If your guy is traditional then he wouldn't feel comfortable with you proposing to him because it consider unladylike in the societal realm. if he hasn't propose to YOU yet THEN HE IS NOT READY. Just let it flow baby girl.

What's yours is yours without you having to seek it.

3 Likes

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by jennifer74(f): 1:07am On Jul 03, 2011
^^But what in the world does it matter who does the asking? If you know that the guy is commited to you, why not ask?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by MrsChima(f): 4:45am On Jul 03, 2011
jennifer74:

^^But what in the world does it matter who does the asking? If you know that the guy is commited to you, why not ask?

Personally, I do not see what the problem with you asking you guy to marry you but APPARENTLY your guy is traditional based on your responses so it would be a problem FOR HIM. All I am saying that let it flow and it will come easier but if you going to have static then don't ask him to marry you SINCE he already told you he would say no.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by cantell(m): 5:26am On Jul 03, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That's a damn shame.  Anyway!  I forgot where I was for a minute TYPICAL RESPONSES from  lipsrsealed.

OP,

If your guy is traditional then he wouldn't feel comfortable with you proposing to him because it consider unladylike in the societal realm.  if he hasn't propose to YOU yet THEN HE IS NOT READY.  Just let it flow baby girl. 

What's yours is yours without you having to seek it. 
*shakes her out of her reverie*
You forgot where you were? Is that so? Were you fantasizing in zombieland?
I'm guessing this is your not-so-typical-response, miss-know-all.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by iice(f): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2011
jennifer74:

Like Mrs Chima said, depends on the guy. Some men prefer to do the proposing. Some aren't bothered by the woman proposing.
Would i propose? Yes. . .if na Eric sef, i go turn pastor marry ourselves grin
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by african1(f): 6:47am On Jul 03, 2011
It depends!!! I have a question In the nigerian culture who pays for the wedding? the bride or the groom?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by MrsChima(f): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2011
cantell:

*shakes her out of her reverie*
You forgot where you were? Is that so? Were you fantasizing in zombieland?
I'm guessing this is your not-so-typical-response, miss-know-all.

Excuse you, do I know you?  Why are you taking the comment personal?   undecided undecided

It is Mrs. Know it all.   cool
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Mynd44: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2011
Let her propose at least i will not have to worry about buying a ring she would like
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Tosinville(m): 8:48am On Jul 03, 2011
It depends, if its about a relationship then a lady should be bold enough to propose to a guy but for marriage? i don't think so cos the relationship will determine how he truly wants u as his wife & he should be the one to propose for that.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by cantell(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Excuse you, do I know you?  Why are you taking the comment personal?   undecided undecided

It is Mrs. Know it all.   cool
Mrs ko mrs ni. Who dash monkey banana?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Tosinville(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2011
^lol
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Mynd44: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2011
^^^
seriously?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Tosinville(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2011
^^? ? ?
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by MrsChima(f): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2011
cantell:

Mrs ko mrs ni. Who dash monkey banana?

The same thing I can say about your momma. 

Anyway OP,

With the types that frequents your thread will be derailed unfortunately. Just take heed to what Iice and I stated. cool
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Koolking(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2011
There is nothing absolutely wrong. Feminists preach masculine and feminine equality. Obviously, nuptial invites bear ''Mary weds Dan''.

in fact, women should be proposing
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by MrsChima(f): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
Koolking:

There is nothing absolutely wrong. Feminists preach masculine and feminine equality. Obviously, nuptial invites bear ''Mary weds Dan''.

in fact, women should be proposing

Women are trying to propose but TOO MANY PUNK arse men saying no. Duh.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by BABE3: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2011
jennifer74:

He told me he wouldn't think twice and say no, because its embarrassing for the women to do it.

Red Flag!!!

Wait so---if you propose to him (and he was also planning on proposing to you, but you were faster than him), he's gonna say "NO" and break up with you because he thinks it's embarrassing?---or he's going to say "NO" and propose to you instead--- #Just wondering.

Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Cuddlemii: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2011
Babe

Sure U r not my twin. We always reason alike. Whats your DOB
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by BABE3: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Babe

Sure U r not my twin. We always reason alike. Whats your DOB

"Sexy" minds reason alike --- DOB?---[b]MAY[/b]be you should consider telling me yours first.
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by 677ano(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2011
Actually there is nothing wrong with a woman proposing but it could be miss read as being desperate
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Cuddlemii: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
May 8 1909
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by BABE3: 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2011
Cuddlemii:

May 8 1909

Cool---we are not twins. Sorry-- grin
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Cuddlemii: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
BABE!:

Cool---we are not twins. Sorry-- grin

We are oh, just that damon of vampire diaries took me away

190:

May 8 1990

Hmm, You are ripe and fruitful and nyashable

can we nyash now pleaseee  kiss kiss

Didn't u learn anything from Wale, Hiss
Re: "will you marry me?"- Ladies Proposing? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2011
190:

May 8 1990

Hmm, You are ripe and fruitful and nyashable

can we nyash now pleaseee kiss kiss

190, i think ur cerebrum must be located under ur feet cz u think ryt while walking n stupid while static.

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHO ARE MORE STINGY, GIRLS OR GUYS? / 10 things Guys Check Before/after Approaching A Lady / Why Do Guys Like Big Ass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.