Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (53170 Views)

Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / 'I Never Joked With Money' - Beverly Osu Shares Her Epic Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Iceberg3: 8:18am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
sad
The joke was outta line because she’s battling alopecia but then Wills outburst is uncalled for, I believe he needs to watch roast sessions between celebrities
They can call you out on any thing, He just lost a fan Chris Rock showed good professionalism
Big ups Chris Rock

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2022
No be person wey him wife call cheating entanglement be this?

Well love can make you do crazy things sha.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by angelfallz(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Well deserved!

[s]Their are limits to jokes! Not just toying with peoples emotions and thinking it’s all a joke[/s].

Can he try such joke with NY or Chiraq drill rappers?

When life sees you weak, it throws shiit at you. He saw will as a gentleman and why he had the effrontery.

So happy Will could come out of his emotions and deliver it right on that fvcking stage he was spewing gibberish!

And to top it up, He still bagged a award
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by angelfallz(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2022
The bolded, that is why they are jokes
Shoodboi:
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to insulting jokes, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by ghettochild(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2022
I saw the video... uncle willy laughe to the joke at first n then remembered his cougar wife had alopecia n wouldn take it as a joke no more
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2022
He should try it if the joke comes from Anthony Joshua, John Cena or Jason Statham.

Nonsense!!!

A woman who has disrespected you that badly is not worth standing up for.

Stupid man!!!

Try that bullshit with me, and I will smack the SIMP out of your SIMPLE life.

3 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by angelfallz(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2022
The bolded,
That would be the right thing to do, but many of the celebrities would not allow him to. They would just sort it out behind the scenes.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame on him.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Oluwapresley:

God!!!!!! You do bad and walk away and you silly folks call it maturity and composure making the bad guy look good?? How inspiring. Smh!

So you will graciously commit a crime or buy litigation cos someone made an insensitive joke abi?

Just watch how his lawyers will advise him to apologize.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Olam09(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2022
litigator:

For once, I agree with you.

He should press charges and get a couple of millions. Will Smith has no defense.

Shut up dude. If you or i was will smith we'll do more than that.. can you withstand someone making joke out of your mother.. won't you riot with the person.. that's what they call true love.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by SEGLIZ: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame on him.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

NwaAmaikpe, which day will you grow up?

learn be reasonable. enjoy your Monday with Will Smith slap.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2022
Benz4pimp:
You don’t make a joke about one’s sickness….it’s very wrong…it’s like making a joke about someone lean because he or she as cancer

So you will graciously commit a crime or buy litigation cos someone made an insensitive joke abi?

Just watch how his lawyers will advise him to apologize.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2022
Olam09:

Shut up dude. If you or i was will smith we'll do more than that.. can you withstand someone making joke out of your mother.. won't you riot with the person.. that's what they call true love.

Always learn to control your anger. If you don’t, it might land you in jail.

That was how a prison warden got himself into trouble and caught a murder charge.

He fell from been a prison warder to an inmate awaiting trial.

The case has been on since 2017 and he has been behind bars since then.

Hope you learnt some bits of wisdom?

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by InsanePsycho(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on him.

Will Smith is just a big fool angry

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Olam09(m): 8:32am On Mar 28, 2022
litigator:

Always learn to control your anger. If you don’t, it might land you in jail.

That was how a prison warden got himself into trouble and caught a murder charge.

He fell from been a prison warder to an inmate awaiting trial.

The case has been on since 2017 and he has been behind bars since then.

Hope you learnt some bits of wisdom?
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2022
chiedu7:
Will Smith is showing his thug side.

This is the year of famous slaps by the famous

1st it was Bianca slapping sense into Mrs Obiano

Now we have Will Smith behaving like a thug slapping Chris Rock for joke

Bianca's slap to me is still tops
By the famous ke?
As if anyone outside half the population of Nigerians really know who Bianca is, or cares to know.
All this overhyping , sef...
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2022
SEGLIZ:

NwaAmaikpe, which day will you grow up?

learn be reasonable. enjoy your Monday with Will Smith slap.
I guess we now have a new meme!
See what celebrities be causing! grin

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
sad
The joke was outta line because she’s battling alopecia but then Wills outburst is uncalled for, I believe he needs to watch roast sessions between celebrities
They can call you out on any thing, He just lost a fan Chris Rock showed good professionalism
Big ups Chris Rock
Haha. See Ryan's facial expression.
Then, The Rock looks shocked to bits.
Shebi they all like to pretend to keep decorum when in public. This one has been caught slipping. They all have that off-air/ out-of-sight character they try to hide from fans.
You are human, in the end.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by 3verblazing(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Everybody hates Chris sad sad
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tillaman(m): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2022
PaulOtl:

Haha. See Ryan's facial expression.
Then, The Rock looks shocked to bits.
Shebi they all like to pretend to keep decorum when in public. This one has been caught slipping. They all have that off-air/ out-of-sight character they try to hide from fans.
You are human, in the end.
I don’t think that is being human, he only acted like a bottom bitch Zach Galifinakis made worse statement about Michelle Obama but the only thing Obama said was I will never let you near Michelle, This is what Comedians do they make People laugh, if it was a joke about Will I bet Michelle will laugh hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2022
I watched the video on YouTube, he laughed at the joke, then I guess he looked at Jade's face and saw she wasn't happy and he is went on stage and hit Chris Rock. That's petty though for a woman that have cheated on you.

3 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by ecolime(m): 9:00am On Mar 28, 2022
Will has always been a BitchAss Niggar from day 1. Hin own worse pass Ozo of BB9ja.

Celebrity SIMP.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2022
After the slap, Chris Rock should have said, "That was quite an entanglement, I'm going to feel that slap till August". embarassed undecided

I don't understand why he laughed at the joke in the first place until he turned to her and saw she wasn't too happy about it.

Will Smith has a seemingly "soft" persona but this new attempt of trying to be a "bad boy" just because of his wife is not going to take him anywhere. The damage has already been done long ago, when his wife disrespected him couple of times, even admitted her entanglement with August Alsina on live TV.

Is this how it's done in monogamous marriages? Hell no.
I obviously forgot they're in a Open marriage.

I also don't understand why Will Smith was shedding tears after, and why Tyler Perry, Bradley Cooper were trying to comfort him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2022
Nuttella:
I watched the video on YouTube, he laughed at the joke, then I guess he looked at Jade's face and saw she wasn't happy and he is went on stage and hit Chris Rock. That's petty though for a woman that have cheated on you.

Exactly my thoughts too.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by cococandy(f): 9:04am On Mar 28, 2022
So many of these comedians get off on ridiculing black women. He would have never said that to a white woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Ilamina(f): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2022
Black on black crime
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on him.

will Smith is a shame of a man, not a good model for what men should be in a relationship, he's a great actor but has let one woman damage his life, respect and career to this extent, Pinkett spell on will Smith is so strong I wonder if this South African Kenyamata or Egyptian Kenyamata,or the one made in oshodi, bt whichever it is is too powerful that it has gripped this man to the point of.death, all this cos of what? for a woman who doesn't love u!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Aflix(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2022
cococandy:
So many of these comedians get off on ridiculing black women. He would have never said that to a white woman.
undecidedNot everything is Sexism and racism aunty. Chris Rock even made a joke about a white person before he made Will’s joke. He’s a comedian and I’m sure he has made countless jokes about white men and women.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Ilamina(f): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2022
Awww see handsome Ryan gosling

Canadian kindness in display

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by MoneyGoDrop: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2022
Black niggas always acting for the white audience. Will Smith won't have had the effrontery to slap a white man on stage,no matter the provocation.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2022
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
I love Will, always have, and always will.
Not celeb worship, he has earned my admiration based on the strength of his character and who he is in entirety.
This just increased my respect for him. There's nothing more gentlemanly and attractive than a man fighting and standing up for his partner.
Most people don't even know the real truth about them, only what made it to the news. There's so much more behind all that we see.
He remains one of the most accomplished and respected men in Hollywood, nothing can change that!
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 28, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:
Wokeness has ruin the world. I miss the good old days, nowadays, we only talk about people who are confused about their identity.

You are partly right.
Conversations nowadays need sure upgrades.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by whippersnapper(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Chris Rock sef him mouth be like basket. Cho cho Cho. Spewing thrash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Election: Davido Hailed By Nigerians / Nomoreloss' Wife And Kid And His Last Tweet(Pics) / Peter & Paul Okoye Celebrated 39th Birthdays Separately With Family & Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.